Photo

Lewis Hamilton - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3972 replies to this topic

#3701 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,645 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 00:49

Hahaha he will massacre Rosberg in mercedes no doubt. Rosberg has problems matching Schumi in Quali (10-9 for schumi?) and in race (9-9). And lets face it, Schumi is 4x+ year old, he lost his mojo long time ago.

No he didn't h e's fit, fast and came back to F1 fully motivated. In this car and team this is what would've happened regardless of Schumacher's age. People don't realise the power of the circumstances not the talent with this latest F1 format.

Advertisement

#3702 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:02

Was just watching a clip of Ted Kravitz notebook on the sky website and I could"t but help notice the little fibs he was making. In reference to Vettels pole he said and I quote

!veteel clinched pole by 2-3 tenths of his closest challenger (Hamilton) and that he vettel made a mistake on his final lap and it should have been as much as 5 tenths. No mention on how Hamilton did on his lap or if he also made any errors. He just said Martin whitmarsh said that was the absolute maximum they could ring out of the car.

Hamilton by the way was .109 of vettels pole lap. There were 2 lockups he had that cost him some time and I believe he could have had pole.

There's journalism and then there's sky and the way they do their reports.

#3703 thesham01

thesham01

• 1,502 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:13

Was just watching a clip of Ted Kravitz notebook on the sky website and I could"t but help notice the little fibs he was making. In reference to Vettels pole he said and I quote

!veteel clinched pole by 2-3 tenths of his closest challenger (Hamilton) and that he vettel made a mistake on his final lap and it should have been as much as 5 tenths. No mention on how Hamilton did on his lap or if he also made any errors. He just said Martin whitmarsh said that was the absolute maximum they could ring out of the car.

Hamilton by the way was .109 of vettels pole lap. There were 2 lockups he had that cost him some time and I believe he could have had pole.

There's journalism and then there's sky and the way they do their reports.

Sky are awful. Davidson is biased, Croft continues to make mistake after mistake, Herbert is just clueless and adds no original thought whatsoever, Kravitz makes so many mistakes its scary and is also biased.

Add to this the fact they tow the 'company line' and never ask any tough questions, just like the sky football panelists after a match; no critical thought whatsoever. I mean the F1 show is just nonsense most of the time. They also have too close a relationship with McLaren, which any self-respecting journalistic entity should never do.

Its poor.

#3704 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,767 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:30

I know vettel fans will scream murder here, but am going out on a limb to say it

if Lewis and Vettel were in the same car, I have no doubt in my mind that Lewis will absolutely out qualify him on most occasions. thats my opinion

Can't argue with an opinion. Unless they are teammates it's all speculation.

#3705 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:31

Can't argue with an opinion. Unless they are teammates it's all speculation.

Did he say anywhere that it was a fact?

#3706 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,767 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:33

Did he say anywhere that it was a fact?

I didn't say he did Skippy, in fact I wrote "opinion". First day reading? :rolleyes:\

edit: keep digging slmk :lol:

Edited by Watkins74, 18 November 2012 - 01:38.

#3707 Markn93

Markn93

• 4,088 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:34

Did anyone else see Ron's face after qualy? A picture tells a thousand words doesn't do it justice.....

#3708 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:36

I didn't say he did Skippy, in fact I wrote "opinion". First day reading? :rolleyes:

Stop it with the ad hominem stuff. In this case, your point was pointless, as if his comment needed "confirmation" that it was an opinion, and not a fact.

It's as if everytime you'd say something, I'd reply saying we can't argue with your opinion. Of course.... and water is wet as well.

#3709 SCEPurple

SCEPurple

• 239 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:38

Did anyone else see Ron's face after qualy? A picture tells a thousand words doesn't do it justice.....

Yes I did and I found it hard to read, proud or grimacing with the loss of such a talent

#3710 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 38,604 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:40

Yes I did and I found it hard to read, proud or grimacing with the loss of such a talent

Be quite funny if Hamilton did a Button and reneged on his contract at the last minute. :)

#3711 TheSpecialOne

TheSpecialOne

• 99 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:42

Just catching the highlights, I must confess, I haven't seen a more relaxed Lewis in a long time. Particularly the laughing and joking around with EJ. Since he has signed I think it's been a weight off his shoulders, and his driving, especially qualifying has been absolutely sensational. Faultless really, driver of the second half of the season, by an absolute mile.

#3712 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:52

I think with a perfect lap he would have been on pole, however it would be more difficult to accomplish a perfect lap in the MP4-27 than the RB8.

Not agree.

This season MP4-27 has been the fastest car on the qualy.

And the "what about if both would be in the same car..." is the old story. I will be my money on Seb. Gené said today consider Seb the fastest too, as Briatores, Lauda, Ascanelli, Moss... even Lewis recog. in the interview Seb is an amazing qualifier and always very quick over one lap!

My opinion is both have 6 pole positions this season, the MP4-27 has been fastest in almost the circuit while the RB depended much more the track and Seb and Lewis are the top drivers with much more sheer speed. Today Lewis made one or two slightly mistake but also Seb recog. he was not as perfect on the last sector, however it was an amazing battle and both improved their times.

However we have a new circuit, where the driver is important... and considering Vettel has veeeeeery much pressure than Lewis he did amazing laps. Fastest in every FP and every Q. And the pressure is maybe the most important thing to consider.

Edited by Alarcon, 18 November 2012 - 01:59.

#3713 10e10

10e10

• 808 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:52

In moments like today's I know I am going to miss Lewis next year... don't know what the future holds, but hope he returns one day, and win the titles they should these years.

#3714 andrewf1

andrewf1

• 548 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:19

I think with a perfect lap he would have been on pole, however it would be more difficult to accomplish a perfect lap in the MP4-27 than the RB8.

Not agree.

He meant it's easier to nail a perfect lap with the Red Bull on this circuit, not a season's average. And he's right, otherwise Seb wouldn't have dominated every single session from friday till saturday's q3.

Edited by andrewf1, 18 November 2012 - 02:21.

#3715 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 9,031 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:26

Not agree.

How are you differentiating Lewis' performance from that of the car? After every session you say the same thing, that the McLaren has been the fastest car in qualification despite the RBR cars recording two or three consecutive front row lock outs recently.

#3716 whitevisor

whitevisor

• 267 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:27

Not agree.

And the "what about if both would be in the same car..." is the old story. I will be my money on Seb. Gené said today consider Seb the fastest too, as Briatores, Lauda, Ascanelli, Moss... even Lewis recog. in the interview Seb is an amazing qualifier and always very quick over one lap!

My opinion is both have 6 pole positions this season, the MP4-27 has been fastest in almost the circuit while the RB depended much more the track and Seb and Lewis are the top drivers with much more sheer speed. Today Lewis made one or two slightly mistake but also Seb recog. he was not as perfect on the last sector, however it was an amazing battle and both improved their times.

However we have a new circuit, where the driver is important... and considering Vettel has veeeeeery much pressure than Lewis he did amazing laps. Fastest in every FP and every Q. And the pressure is maybe the most important thing to consider.

Vettel's perfect lap would have been 2 tenths faster than his final time. He actually left more on the track than the other contenders.

#3717 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:27

He meant it's easier to nail a perfect lap with the Red Bull on this circuit, not a season's average. And he's right, otherwise Seb wouldn't have dominated every single session from friday till saturday's q3.

How do you know it´s easier???

You have proved both car???

Lewis missed some appex... and still managed a good lap. What means???

And the most important thing, how you can say "it´s easier" when you have one driver is on holiday and another one he´s with all the pressure of the world over his shoulders fighting for a WDC ???

Edited by Alarcon, 18 November 2012 - 02:33.

#3718 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 9,031 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:34

Vettel had a couple of over-steer moments, one at relatively high speed in the first sector, as well as locking up and missing an apex, yet still stuck it on pole (you see I can do that to). Why is it that whenever its a close fight between the two, in your eyes its always Seb in the slightly inferior car doing a better job. Remember Mark has out qualified Seb a few times this year including the last race in Abu Dhabi. I'm sure Mark isn't the only driver capable of performing better than Sebastian. Also why is it that most people see the RB8 as the class of the field?

#3719 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:38

Just catching the highlights, I must confess, I haven't seen a more relaxed Lewis in a long time. Particularly the laughing and joking around with EJ. Since he has signed I think it's been a weight off his shoulders, and his driving, especially qualifying has been absolutely sensational. Faultless really, driver of the second half of the season, by an absolute mile.

:up: He really is enjoying himself on and off the track, the banter with EJ made me smile because we haven't seen that playing around side to him for ages . I think deep down he knows he has been on top of his game this year and gave it his all, Lewis is his own harsh critic he analysis's everything when it comes to racing and when he has a bad session he picks himself up ,dusts himself off and gets back on the horse again and delivers . At the end of the day its a crucial ingrediant of a world champion Im just glad he has returned to form this year (racecraft and mental focus) now we can go on about his ridiculous bad luck this year(which he has), but he has been great this season with his demeanor(except twittergate),racecraft and the will to keep driving the wheels off that mclaren have been a joy to watch .

Advertisement

#3720 andrewf1

andrewf1

• 548 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:38

You have proved it???

And the most important thing, how you can say "it´s easier" when you have one driver is on holiday and another one he´s with all the pressure of the world over his shoulders fighting for a WDC ???

Because, as often remarked by the Sky commentators, not by me, the Red Bull was the most planted car on track, especially in the last sector, where Seb gained his time. It was also the car which seemed to generate heat into the tires the quickest.
Im not taking anything away from Vettel, he did a great job, but if you think him coming out on top in practice 1, practice 2, practice 3, q1, q2 and q3 means the Mclaren is better suited to this track than the Red Bull, you're...let's just say: wrong :)

#3721 whitevisor

whitevisor

• 267 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:41

You know what alarcon? Vettel used DRS in through turn 17. NO other car could do that! enough said!

#3722 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,417 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:42

Vettel had a couple of over-steer moments, one at relatively high speed in the first sector, as well as locking up and missing an apex, yet still stuck it on pole (you see I can do that to). Why is it that whenever its a close fight between the two, in your eyes its always Seb in the slightly inferior car doing a better job. Remember Mark has out qualified Seb a few times this year including the last race in Abu Dhabi. I'm sure Mark isn't the only driver capable of performing better than Sebastian. Also why is it that most people see the RB8 as the class of the field?

Because currently results suggest that it is, if it is better than the McLaren then it is only marginal imo

#3723 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 9,031 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:08

Because currently results suggest that it is, if it is better than the McLaren then it is only marginal imo

Yes, on this circuit it looks very close between them. Track side observers comment on the stability and traction from the RB8 which leads one to believe it has the edge, however I'm not beyond contemplating that the McLaren is the slightly faster, slightly more unstable car with Seb simply doing a better job, that may be the case. I definitely do not believe that to be the situation on a regular basis at least however.

Edited by Obi Offiah, 18 November 2012 - 03:09.

#3724 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,767 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:17

You know what alarcon? Vettel used DRS in through turn 17. NO other car could do that! enough said!

Interesting. Webber couldn't? Thanks for your info.

#3725 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:27

Don't know if he could. But, for sure, I am not aware of any non-RBR car being able to open its DRS midway thru T16-18.

#3726 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 38,604 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:28

It's quite easy - if you enter any thread, regardless of title - and suggest that Hamilton > Vettel despite the glaringly obvious fact that the RB8 is a superior car by far at this point in the season you will be found. You will be hunted down. And you will be argued with.

#3727 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:28

Don't know if he could. But, for sure, I am not aware of any non-RBR car being able to open its DRS midway thru T16-18.

#3728 whitevisor

whitevisor

• 267 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:35

I was watching Vettel's onboard on speedtv.com. I didn't see Webber's though.

#3729 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 9,031 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:17

I checked the onboards and this coupled with Lewis' comments illustrate both the McLaren and Red Bull opening their DRS a little after T17, with Vettel perhaps very slightly earlier.

#3730 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:28

I checked the onboards and this coupled with Lewis' comments illustrate both the McLaren and Red Bull opening their DRS a little after T17, with Vettel perhaps very slightly earlier.

Though, Lewis oversteered when he opened his DRS (his words, per BBC), while Vettel's was on rails. And Vettel opened slightly earlier.

Edited by slmk, 18 November 2012 - 04:28.

#3731 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 9,031 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:32

Though, Lewis oversteered when he opened his DRS (his words, per BBC), while Vettel's was on rails. And Vettel opened slightly earlier.

Vettel over steered as well: http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/20379038

#3732 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:47

you know what whitevisor? Vettel used DRS in through turn 17. No other driver do that! Enough said.

you won´t descredit Seb just pointing the car he drives. It´s an old story mate, the exhaust excuses are now proved as rubbish (time conquers all) and there will be always new excuses... the overall car excuse is the most used (considering McLaren has been faster than RB just to weeks ago).

Another one (and this is funny) is the statement "he was on rails" (not true, but even this about other examples are simply a stupid way to try to descredit...). And what about if he "was on rails"? That can talk about the set up the car for suiting a drive style, there are some drivers are smooth than others, brake early but not so much taking different entry speed on the corner... as I said just a stupid way to try to minimize an achievement.

And this is LH thread...

Edited by Alarcon, 18 November 2012 - 07:50.

#3733 damager21

damager21

• 44 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:41

The fact that RB has Double DRS means that in qualifying they definitely carry that 0.1 to 0.2 advantage. I believe in race trim Lewis can match Vettel for pace.

Going into 1st corner Lewis will have the inside line so getting a good start will be crucial. Late braking at Turn 1 and take the lead...

Also speed trap suggests that Lewis is 6 kph up on Vettel. Lewis had 314.4 to Vettel's 308.4 so Lewis will have that advantage if DRS zone comes into play.

#3734 topical

topical

• 2,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:58

Could luck to Lewis today. I hope he wins, and if he can give Vettel's car a puncture with his front wing on the way even better.

#3735 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:20

Because, as often remarked by the Sky commentators, not by me, the Red Bull was the most planted car on track, especially in the last sector, where Seb gained his time. It was also the car which seemed to generate heat into the tires the quickest.
Im not taking anything away from Vettel, he did a great job, but if you think him coming out on top in practice 1, practice 2, practice 3, q1, q2 and q3 means the Mclaren is better suited to this track than the Red Bull, you're...let's just say: wrong :)

But it was because Seb is 2 seconds faster than anyone, the RBR isn't at all "planted" or have so much more downforce you can go 20k/hm faster than any other car through turn 19.  ;)

But seriously you make a very valid point, its clears as day the RB8 is the car to have at this circuit, in these conditions. Lewis pulled a great lap, one which was slightly later in the session which no doubt helped but until Q3 it looked like no one could get anywhere near the Red Bull.

#3736 Alarcon

Alarcon

• 2,468 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:35

But it was because Seb is 2 seconds faster than anyone, the RBR isn't at all "planted" or have so much more downforce you can go 20k/hm faster than any other car through turn 19.;)

But seriously you make a very valid point, its clears as day the RB8 is the car to have at this circuit, in these conditions. Lewis pulled a great lap, one which was slightly later in the session which no doubt helped but until Q3 it looked like no one could get anywhere near the Red Bull.

Not the RB, Vettel.

Mark Webber finished 3rd almost 4 tenths behind Lewis while between the RB and McLaren were just 1 tenth.

You can´t talk about "the car to have at this circuit in these conditions" while the difference between 2 cars are just 1 tenth.

Edited by Alarcon, 18 November 2012 - 09:36.

#3737 Alx09

Alx09

• 1,278 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:40

Are people seriously trying to debate here that RB isn't the superior car?

#3738 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,339 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:12

Lewham has to cover the H.A.M on his helment. According to McLaren it was a mutual decision
Vettel has to cover his advertising on top of his helmet
www.yallaf1.com

#3739 TheSpecialOne

TheSpecialOne

• 99 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:36

:up: He really is enjoying himself on and off the track, the banter with EJ made me smile because we haven't seen that playing around side to him for ages . I think deep down he knows he has been on top of his game this year and gave it his all, Lewis is his own harsh critic he analysis's everything when it comes to racing and when he has a bad session he picks himself up ,dusts himself off and gets back on the horse again and delivers . At the end of the day its a crucial ingrediant of a world champion Im just glad he has returned to form this year (racecraft and mental focus) now we can go on about his ridiculous bad luck this year(which he has), but he has been great this season with his demeanor(except twittergate),racecraft and the will to keep driving the wheels off that mclaren have been a joy to watch .

Agreed, the banter with EJ has been one of my personal highlights of the season. It told me that the Lewis of old is (hopefully) back. He hasn't been the same over the last year or two (for various reasons I'd imagine). Not only am I delighted or him as a person, but it's showing in his performances on the track.

Advertisement

#3740 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:39

What was on top of Vettels helmet?

I hope Lewis just puts a piece of black tape over the back H.A.M.

#3741 encircled

encircled

• 772 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:43

What was on top of Vettels helmet?

I hope Lewis just puts a piece of black tape over the back H.A.M.

Gives You Wings

#3742 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,904 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:45

Lewham has to cover the H.A.M on his helment. According to McLaren it was a mutual decision

:rotfl: Everything is a mutual decision these days!

#3743 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,417 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 13:20

Vettel 1st, Hamilton 2nd, Webber 3rd the most boring race ever, bye bye america lol

I am worried it will be so with all the drivers bemoaning the lack of overtaking opportunities, it really could put paid to all the hype the track was getting before hand.

#3744 NotSoSilentBob

NotSoSilentBob

• 929 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 13:46

Hamilton did the better lap. Why? He wasn't driving the RB8.

#3745 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,245 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 16:38

Lets all enjoy Hamiltons last races at the front of the grid :well:

#3746 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 16:59

Yup didn't Anthony do a dvd about "life behind Hamilton" :drunk:

#3747 Zil

Zil

• 41 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 16:59

Nobody knows which one of the two is faster over one lap and those who do are fanboys.

#3748 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,767 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 17:33

I need someone to fill in some gaps for me. I remember a series of pictures of Lewis and his Dad talking for one of the first times after their split a day before a race (Bahrain?) and in the background they were pressure washing the grid area. So cleaning the grid is not an unreasonable request from Hamilton, does anybody else remember this or did I dream the whole thing?

#3749 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,646 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 17:36

I believe that's correct, they've cleaned the Bahrain grid every(?) year. It has happened on european tracks as well, which hasn't had a dust-problem at all.

#3750 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,118 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 18:10

This is beyond pathetic frankly, the vast majority of you do not deserve to be allowed to post here.

You have ZERO respect for the rules of this forum and importantly for each other.

Many off-topic posts have been removed, talk of Vettel, Button, Webber or how the RB & McLaren stack up is not acceptable here in the LEWIS HAMILTON thread.

If you're here just to bash or derail the topic, I will catch up with you. If you can only respond rather than report clear breaches of the rules, then you too are now in my sights. It's not acceptable and it stops right now.