Aston Martin DB4GT
3670cc
Vic

Advertisement

#452 markpde

markpde

• 522 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 14:25

Stumbled across this when clearing out some old Autosport magazines (from an 'anniversary' edition) - a quote from Bruce McLaren's Autosport column, May 1964, on Timmy Mayer's death at Longford:

To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. I can’t say these thing well, but I know this is what I feel to be true. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one’s ability; life is measured in terms of achievement, not in years alone.

#453 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 15:33

...and reproduced in hundreds of publications since :)

#454 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,433 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 00:19

Particularly for Timmy Mayer and then again for Bruce McLaren...

Not nearly as impressive as Donald Thomson's words for Glynn Scott.

#455 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 8,484 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 18:31

Particularly for Timmy Mayer and then again for Bruce McLaren...

Not nearly as impressive as Donald Thomson's words for Glynn Scott.

...which were...?

DCN

#456 cooper997

cooper997

• 909 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 22:21

Fantastic Ron Lambert photos of the Zagato DB4GT

Additional to Ellis' DB4 Zagato info from the 1962 programmes, below is as written in the 'About the drivers' section of the Saturday March 3rd, 1962 programme - there's entries for the car in the first 2 races that day.
Event 1 - 'International Canners Gran Turismo Cars Scratch Race' 5 lapper at 10.55am.
Event 2 - 'Australian Titan Products Sports Cars over 1500cc Scratch Race' 6 lapper at 11.27am

"Doug Whiteford - ... At the current meeting he will drive the new Zagato Aston Martin DB4GT belonging to Laurie O'Niell at its Australian debut. This superb car, capable of accelerating from standstill to 100mph and then disc braking to a stop within the total space of a little more than 20 seconds, recently was imported by Mr O'Niell, a wealthy Sydney businessman and sportsman who last year acquired a property in the Bridport district. To whom but such a perfectionist as Doug Whiteford would one lend one's new Zagato for racing."

As far as I recall, Laurie O'Niell was Peterbuilt trucks in Australia. At the 1961 Longford meeting David McKay ran the O'Niell owned Ferrari 250GT that adorns the cover of the March 24th, 1961 issue of Autosport. The photo is of McKay leading Leo Geoghegan's Lotus Elite and Gavin Youl's Porsche 356 across the Long Bridge.

Stephen

#457 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,433 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 22:56

Originally posted by cooper997
Fantastic Ron Lambert photos of the Zagato DB4GT.....

.....As far as I recall, Laurie O'Niell was Peterbuilt trucks in Australia. At the 1961 Longford meeting David McKay ran the O'Niell owned Ferrari 250GT that adorns the cover of the March 24th, 1961 issue of Autosport. The photo is of McKay leading Leo Geoghegan's Lotus Elite and Gavin Youl's Porsche 356 across the Long Bridge.

Interesting stuff, Stephen...

Laurie O'Neill's fortune came originally, as I understand it (from Frank Matich when under his wing) from quarrying. The Peterbilt business was a sideline, possibly because they bought a number of their trucks for the quarrying operation.

#458 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,433 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 23:00

Originally posted by Doug Nye
...which were...?

Surprised David didn't jump in with this:

An obituary is not a biography, designed to paint the definitive picture of a man, with his faults evaluated equally with his virtues. The convention of such tributes often tends to invest those who have gone with a sort of aura of unalloyed goodness which is at odds with all human experience; and hence obituaries must be read for what they omit as much as for what they include.

He went on to say that this was not so of Glynn Scott... I previously posted this at the time of David McKay's death.

Good, i'nit?

#459 cooper997

cooper997

• 909 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 23:26

Laurie O'Neill's fortune came originally, as I understand it (from Frank Matich when under his wing) from quarrying. The Peterbilt business was a sideline, possibly because they bought a number of their trucks for the quarrying operation.

Ray,

I wasn't aware of the quarrying, but it makes sense. Infact it would be interesting to learn more from TNFers on the life of Laurie O'Niell. He seemed to help quite a few drivers of the 1960's through to say mid-70's. Given he helped pay the bills for cars built as late as the Craven Mild Geoghegan Monaro sport sedan.

He certainly had the means to buy some great cars over the years, at the very least.

Stephen

Advertisement

#460 cavvy

cavvy

• 170 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 00:30

Ray,

I wasn't aware of the quarrying, but it makes sense. Infact it would be interesting to learn more from TNFers on the life of Laurie O'Niell. He seemed to help quite a few drivers of the 1960's through to say mid-70's. Given he helped pay the bills for cars built as late as the Craven Mild Geoghegan Monaro sport sedan.

He certainly had the means to buy some great cars over the years, at the very least.

Stephen

Not to mention Laurex, the O'Neill waste collection & disposal interests in both Sydney & Brisbane plus an aborted attempt to establish in the US. Sold the business for big bucks at the end of the 70s.

Tried to find a photo of the Laurex Porsche, no luck.

Edited by cavvy, 30 October 2010 - 00:31.

#461 SJ Lambert

SJ Lambert

• 1,656 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:43

Fantastic Ron Lambert photos of the Zagato DB4GT

As far as I recall, Laurie O'Niell was Peterbuilt trucks in Australia. At the 1961 Longford meeting David McKay ran the O'Niell owned Ferrari 250GT that adorns the cover of the March 24th, 1961 issue of Autosport. The photo is of McKay leading Leo Geoghegan's Lotus Elite and Gavin Youl's Porsche 356 across the Long Bridge.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen!! I remember Dad giving up on trying to put the camera back together that those shots would have been taken with - some sort of German ? SLR - it would have been prior to his Olympus phase!!!

He went from photographing Laurie's cars to assisting in the building of one for him at Elfins not to long after taking those shots!! Another driver from those days, Noel Hurd is still referring to him as "young Ron" these days. Noel has ended up with the belt drive lathe from Elfins that Ron machined wheels on.

There's a trucking magazine on the pontoon of this car - it may well be an O'Neill/Matich machine.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

James

#462 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,433 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:52

Originally posted by SJ Lambert
.....He went from photographing Laurie's cars to assisting in the building of one for him at Elfins not to long after taking those shots!! Another driver from those days, Noel Hurd is still referring to him as "young Ron" these days. Noel has ended up with the belt drive lathe from Elfins that Ron machined wheels on.

There's a trucking magazine on the pontoon of this car - it may well be an O'Neill/Matich machine.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That does look like the Matich car...

There's a photo around somewhere, if you check all the deep recesses of this forum, taken by John Ellacott which shows the Matich Elfin Traco in Laurie O'Neill's truck yard at Alexandria or somewhere close by that area.

There's also a story Matich told me, again, way back in the sixties, about Laurie.

Seems his wife came from a fairly upper crust type of family and they awaited her new date's arrival when they first met him. To their horror, he turned up in overalls and driving a great tip truck... straight from delivering some blue metal somewhere.

They must have got over the shock, though, as the daughter did marry him.

I guess if the letters 'BM & G' are on the truck and you own the quarry it belongs to, then you might ultimately have some clout.

#463 cavvy

cavvy

• 170 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 00:12

Not to mention Laurex, the O'Neill waste collection & disposal interests in both Sydney & Brisbane plus an aborted attempt to establish in the US. Sold the business for big bucks at the end of the 70s.

Tried to find a photo of the Laurex Porsche, no luck.

I've been corrected : O'Neil is the spelling.

http://www.autopics....c.html?cache=no

#464 malomay

malomay

• 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 22:50

Hi everyone,
A little update for anyone who is interested: my version of Longford has been released for four or five different racing games, and overall has been downloaded somewhere near 7000 times! I've no idea how many of those people would have heard of Longford before, but it's getting out there a bit.

yesterday i was trawling youtube and came across this video a Spanish guy named Jose Didot has made using '67 F1 cars and Longford in rFactor. It's a bit cinematic with an decent choice of soundtrack. Gave me a bit of a thrill.
- Thanks Jose

By the way, I'm sure woochoo will be far too modest to mention it, but he made both the local TV News & the Front page of the local Papers today with stories on his re-creation of the Longford circuit. Showed footage & photos of him in a racing simulator going round the track. Fantastic to see him get some coverage in the local media & getting some recognition of the amazing amount of work he's put into this while also trying to do Uni degree !

Well done indeed.

cheers

Mal.

#465 Ellis French

Ellis French

• 453 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 00:24

Woochoo public release for his Longford track project...

The media were out in force wed 10/11 at the HITLab at Launceston Tas University Campus.

Link to ABC TV News segment.

http://www.abc.net.a.../10/3062981.htm

As well as this coverage local Commercial TV did a segment also.
The Examiner Newspaper covered the launch and ABC Radio interviewed Shannon and James his Uni Tutor earlier in the day.

Well done Woochoo and it was breathtaking and realistic to see it on 3 big wrap around rear proj screens.
I took an ex Longford race driver with me and he had trouble getting a Mustang out of the pits without doing susbstantial damage but Woochoo handled F1 cars at 180 mph down the Flying Mile and under the Viaduct with ease. He can get a Mustang off Long Bridge flat strap but has to back the Open Wheelers off a bit...lol....more practice needed.
Wait till you get a Humpy Holden on the track or Geoff Duke on a Gillera and we will come back and challenge you...no practising tho.

Thanks for the invite...much appreciated...You have done a great job.

Edited by Ellis French, 11 November 2010 - 00:27.

#466 woochoo

woochoo

• 119 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:51

Thanks Mal,
It was a big day. Thanks for coming along Ellis.
There is an ABC radio interview here too. Early morning start. My first interview ever. By the end of the day my total was up to two or three.
http://www.abc.net.a...m?site=northtas

#467 ellrosso

ellrosso

• 829 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:17

Congrats Woocho, you've done a fantastic job with it and great to hear your getting some media exposure. Cheers, ellrosso

#468 woochoo

woochoo

• 119 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:06

Wait till you get a Humpy Holden on the track or Geoff Duke on a Gillera and we will come back and challenge you...no practising tho.

About that;
you, or anyone else, wouldn't happen to have blueprints for an FX or FJ by any chance? Even just diagrams from, say, a plastic kit model or something? I've never made a 3D car before, but if i were to try, an old Holden might be a good place to start. No one has made one for any racing games so far as i know, and it would compliment Longford... Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any blueprints on the internet.

Just putting it out there as a possibility. The likely hood of the proposed project getting any further than this depends almost entirely on getting front & side isometric drawings.

And thanks Ellrosso. There are plans for a website to help any non-gamers get up and running if they've decided they'd like to drive the circuit. Once that's ready there will certainly be a credits list and you and your site will certainly get a mention. The recreation wouldn't be anything like it is without those photos! :wave:

Edited by woochoo, 11 November 2010 - 07:08.

#469 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 7,216 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:44

About that;
you, or anyone else, wouldn't happen to have blueprints for an FX or FJ by any chance? Even just diagrams from, say, a plastic kit model or something? I've never made a 3D car before, but if i were to try, an old Holden might be a good place to start. No one has made one for any racing games so far as i know, and it would compliment Longford... Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any blueprints on the internet.

Just putting it out there as a possibility. The likely hood of the proposed project getting any further than this depends almost entirely on getting front & side isometric drawings.

And thanks Ellrosso. There are plans for a website to help any non-gamers get up and running if they've decided they'd like to drive the circuit. Once that's ready there will certainly be a credits list and you and your site will certainly get a mention. The recreation wouldn't be anything like it is without those photos! :wave:

Someone needs to scan the outline drawings from a Workshop Manual :up: :)

#470 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 8,484 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 16:09

Stunning!

Not easily impressed...and I really admire the momentary dive under braking.

Great job.

DCN

#471 ellrosso

ellrosso

• 829 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 00:28

Woochoo, I have just posted dimensions of FX Holden into Early Holden Racing post for you. E-mail me on info@oldracephotos.com if you need to discuss. Cheers.

#472 woochoo

woochoo

• 119 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:21

Thanks Doug, if you're impressed, I'm happy.
Thanks ellrosso, i've make a box the same lenght as the wheel base. A good start! I'll put in some time this arvo and see if i can get it looking like a car.

#473 pbakalor

pbakalor

• 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 00:16

I think only Laurie O'Neill ever imported one of those to Australia...

On the same trip that he bought the Dan Gurney Impala he bought a DB4GTZ, it was raced by a couple of drivers (Ian Geoghegan was the only one I saw, Warwick Farm, but there was another somewhere) and Laurie ran it at least at Silverdale Hillclimb himself.

He kept it when he sold the Chev, which now belongs to Ian Taylor and he wrangles with the Yanks about its true identity.

Presumably these pics are from '62 or '63 Longford, anyone got a program?

I remember that Aston, and Ian Geoghehan driving it.
Just stumbled on this thread, not been looking at this stuff for ages. I remember walking Longford a number of times, and the simulation brings back so much. What I really need is a recording of Amon in the P4 near the end of the straight. That noise was something else again, marvelous

#474 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,433 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:12

Nice to see you chip in, Peter...

I'd still like to know if you've got your lap chart from the '65 AGP too.

And for the information of others, Peter was the Australian writer for Autosport for several years, also the companion of Robin D'Abrera on that fateful trip round the Australian Tasman rounds in '65.

A most worthy addition to our ranks, and a shame he's been a member here for so long without posting!

#475 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:15

I'm with Ray, Peter

You were my saviour in the days when I attended all the NZ Tasman rounds but couldn't afford to cross the ditch for the second half

Welcome indeed

#476 cooper997

cooper997

• 909 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:53

Just in case followers of this thread aren't aware, the Australian motor racing photos 1950s to 70s thread has a some brilliant & detailed Longford photos currently appearing on it. Courtesy of ellrosso - refer page 107 to 109 as I type this.

Stephen

#477 SJ Lambert

SJ Lambert

• 1,656 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:18

I remember that Aston, and Ian Geoghehan driving it.
Just stumbled on this thread, not been looking at this stuff for ages. I remember walking Longford a number of times, and the simulation brings back so much. What I really need is a recording of Amon in the P4 near the end the of the straight. That noise was something else again, marvelous

How did the short stroke DFVs, that is DFWs ?, compare sound wise, to the standard stroke engines in the Lotus 49s? Any noticeable difference?

#478 woochoo

woochoo

• 119 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:03

Hi everyone, i may have mentioned that i was thinking of making an FX for rFactor. I'm not sure i've got the modeling skills to do that at this stage, and i've been working on updating Longford. As a part of updating Longford i've decided i need some spectator cars, and from pictures it seems FXs and FJs were pretty popular, so, while not as detailed as a drivable car would be, i've started a low-resolution model to put in the paddocks. Thanks Ellis and ellrosso for the drawings.
Posted Image
This is the most detailed car i've ever modeled... It might even be TOO detailed for it's purpose as a bit of scenery, but oh well.
I've also got plans for an EH, Falcon ute, Mini, Cortina, Viva and a Beetle. Perhaps a Combie too. These will come in a few different colours so hopefully there will be enough variety.

#479 David Shaw

David Shaw

• 1,725 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:24

A few hanging about in the paddock with race numbers on wouldn't hurt either.

Good work.

Advertisement

#480 woochoo

woochoo

• 119 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 13:27

A few hanging about in the paddock with race numbers on wouldn't hurt either.

Perfect idea David! I'll have a look through my collection of photos and see if i can get some authentic colour/number combinations. And, ya know, from photos i'll probably be able to put a few of them in exactly the right spot too.
It turns out that with some decent drawings and low expections, low polygon car models don't take too long to make. Not perfect, and ofcourse they are still just blank models so far, but here is another.
Posted Image
to save you from having to guess, it's a mini :lol:

Edited by woochoo, 10 January 2011 - 13:28.

#481 woochoo

woochoo

• 119 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 16:34

I've found a beetle for texture use, so i've actually managed to complete some spectator cars now, and a couple of race beetles, based on the Longford events. I'm not sure who any of the drivers would have been though. And the models are fairly low quality, for performance reasons, so i'm sorry if they hurt your eyes :)
Also, you might notice the Formula Vee cars, decked out in Tasman Series and pre-Tasman inspired liveries that i've made (only the liveries) based on Longford photos and videos.
click for a bigger pic of this VW love-fest
Posted Image
goodnight

#482 SJ Lambert

SJ Lambert

• 1,656 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 20:22

Here's another one of Dad's start grid shots.

Posted Image

#483 cooper997

cooper997

• 909 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:01

Great photo from you dad's collection, James. Thanks for sharing.

Longford 1964 - Graham Hill in the #1 Scuderia Veloce Brabham, Lex Davison in the #4 Cooper T62 and Jim Palmer's #12 Cooper T53, if I'm on the ball.

Stephen

#484 David Shaw

David Shaw

• 1,725 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:52

Not the right grid positions for the South Pacific Trophy on the Monday, so The Examiner Racing Car Scratch race from the Saturday?

#485 cooper997

cooper997

• 909 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:53

David,

Pretty good chance it is The Examiner race on Saturday. Hill didn't run in the The Mercury race, also on Saturday.

Stephen

#486 woochoo

woochoo

• 119 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 23:34

Since the Longford Revival Festival is on next weekend, April 1,2,3, I thought i'd just post a link to their programme page where you can see a list of cars that will be running. http://www.longfordr..._programme.html

My track will be there too, hooked up to two Shannon's Insurance motion-base sim rigs, running the sim for free ($0.00 each turn). I think the format will be a warm-up lap and a race lap, in an 60's style Formula Vee, as seen in my last screenshot. 3:10 is a quickish, smooth lap so that will be around 7 or so minutes of game time on a moving cockpit rig for anyone who wants to give it a try.

#487 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,433 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:14

Well... from what I hear, things are not all they normally would be at Longford:

Posted Image

#488 Geoff Smedley

Geoff Smedley

• 100 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:08

Well... from what I hear, things are not all they normally would be at Longford:

Posted Image

Yes Ray that's a bit reminiscent of the pits at Longford in '68 (Gumboots)

#489 woochoo

woochoo

• 119 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 13:49

I was in that exact spot last saturday getting some photo-textures of bushes and grass, down under the Viaduct and along to the river, it was hot and dry. I switched tv channels right after F1 quali finished today and saw about 1 second of footage which I'm pretty sure was the stretch between Tannery Corner and Long Bridge, with water coming half-way up the height of the wrapped hay bales that are lined up on the road. I say I'm pretty sure; there are other roads lined with Hawthorns and hay bales in the area I'm sure, but it looked like a well-zoomed shot from up by Newry Corner.

#490 stuartbrs

stuartbrs

• 691 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 14:10

lets not try to scupper this one shall we lads.... The Longoford Revival deserves a chance.. Perhaps the grumpy old man society of TNF could get behind this one and give it a hand.

Woochoo, what a fabulous track youve made! As for Longofrd, even if you take away the racing history, its an amazing and beautiful place.

#491 Geoff Smedley

Geoff Smedley

• 100 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 23:55

lets not try to scupper this one shall we lads.... The Longoford Revival deserves a chance.. Perhaps the grumpy old man society of TNF could get behind this one and give it a hand.

Woochoo, what a fabulous track youve made! As for Longofrd, even if you take away the racing history, its an amazing and beautiful place.
I really don't think there is any intent to 'scupper' the Longford event but information on the proposal has not been easy to find and old friends that visited and participated in various ways at that circuit from both Australia and even New Zealand have been in contact to seek information on the event but unfortunately this has obviously never been readily available to these important people and I am aware of several that were interested won't now be attending which is rather a shame. I for one am looking forward to attending , hopefully meeting up with other veterans of all forms of the sport and chew the fat on memories of the real Longford which I think is about all that can be done today so leave this grumpy old man to protect his good memories of Longford from its inception through to its washout in '68.

#492 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 54,433 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 00:30

Originally posted by Geoff Smedley
I really don't think there is any intent to 'scupper' the Longford event but information on the proposal has not been easy to find and old friends that visited and participated in various ways at that circuit from both Australia and even New Zealand have been in contact to seek information on the event but unfortunately this has obviously never been readily available to these important people.

I am aware of several that were interested won't now be attending which is rather a shame. I for one am looking forward to attending , hopefully meeting up with other veterans of all forms of the sport and chew the fat on memories of the real Longford which I think is about all that can be done today so leave this grumpy old man to protect his good memories of Longford from its inception through to its washout in '68.

I agree with both points, Geoff...

We all know floodwaters go down and normality returns quite quickly...

And it is hard to find information if you don't know where to look.

#493 stuartbrs

stuartbrs

• 691 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 00:46

I sat down in a well known Bakery Franchise for a coffee on Saturday morning and found information on the Longford event in a good old flashioned flyer that was sitting on the table...

#494 malomay

malomay

• 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:08

Since the Longford Revival Festival is on next weekend, April 1,2,3, I thought i'd just post a link to their programme page where you can see a list of cars that will be running. http://www.longfordr..._programme.html

My track will be there too, hooked up to two Shannon's Insurance motion-base sim rigs, running the sim for free ($0.00 each turn). I think the format will be a warm-up lap and a race lap, in an 60's style Formula Vee, as seen in my last screenshot. 3:10 is a quickish, smooth lap so that will be around 7 or so minutes of game time on a moving cockpit rig for anyone who wants to give it a try.

Maate, do you take bookings ! I'll be there on the Saturday, but I reckon your sim rigs might well be one of the most popular demos of the weekend !!

cheers

Mal.

#495 Ellis French

Ellis French

• 453 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:02

The Examiner Newspaper on Sunday had a free 12 page "Official Programme" inside.
It has photos of each of the (currently 75) Flying Mile entrants and other info of use to those attending.
Just need the paddocks to dry out by the weekend.
Some action is evident at the site.

If you dont want to know the weather forecast for Longford look away now......

Frid 19 Windy, Rain
Sat 18 Cloudy
Sun 18 Windy, Showers Likely

#496 SJ Lambert

SJ Lambert

• 1,656 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:44

The Examiner Newspaper on Sunday had a free 12 page "Official Programme" inside.
It has photos of each of the (currently 75) Flying Mile entrants and other info of use to those attending.
Just need the paddocks to dry out by the weekend.
Some action is evident at the site.

If you dont want to know the weather forecast for Longford look away now......

Frid 19 Windy, Rain
Sat 18 Cloudy
Sun 18 Windy, Showers Likely

1968 recreation weather wise!!!

#497 Geoff Smedley

Geoff Smedley

• 100 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:46

I sat down in a well known Bakery Franchise for a coffee on Saturday morning and found information on the Longford event in a good old flashioned flyer that was sitting on the table...

Well at least that is a solid piece of information! I never thought of contacting bakery franchises, will pass that on.

#498 Geoff Smedley

Geoff Smedley

• 100 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:49

1968 recreation weather wise!!!

Has anybody been allocated to set fire to the bridge??

#499 jcurran

jcurran

• 49 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:11

Has anybody been allocated to set fire to the bridge??

The bridge is long gone....

Part of it forms the bar in the pub now, maybe set fire to that? :lol:

Advertisement

#500 stuartbrs

stuartbrs

• 691 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:59

Well at least that is a solid piece of information! I never thought of contacting bakery franchises, will pass that on.

My fairly obvious point was that advertising is out there.. thats a good thing, or perhaps I should call the organisers and tell them that TNF thinks popular eateries are not a good place to put flyers?