Photo
* * - - - 9 votes

Vettel off to Ferrari in 2014?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1198 replies to this topic

Poll: Vettel off to Ferrari in 2014? (518 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Vettel is heading to Ferrari in 2014?

1. Yes, he's going (162 votes [31.33%])

Percentage of vote: 31.33%

2. No, he's staying (196 votes [37.91%])

Percentage of vote: 37.91%

3. Not enough information to form an opinion either way (159 votes [30.75%])

Percentage of vote: 30.75%

If he did move to Ferrar would it be the right choice?

1. Yes (175 votes [33.85%])

Percentage of vote: 33.85%

2. No (259 votes [50.10%])

Percentage of vote: 50.10%

3. I don't have enough information to form an opinion either way (83 votes [16.05%])

Percentage of vote: 16.05%

Vote

#451 dau

dau

• 4,510 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:08

I still find this hard to believe. While i can see Vettel's reasoning for wanting to go to Ferrari, i have no idea why Ferrari would want to potentially destabilize their team. Unless Alonso thinks about retiring, all they need is a solid number two.

Advertisement

#452 goingthedistance

goingthedistance

• 1,921 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:14

The only Ferrari insider that has any credence in my eyes is Pino Allievi, and he's been running this story for months. So no it's not a "lets destabilize RB" thing

The stories have previously been "sources CLOSE to Ferrari" (i.e. Italian press) today we randomly have a story supposedly leaked by "sources INSIDE Ferrari". I don't doubt that there is a pre-contract of some kind, but the timing of stirring up things in the media about it is very interesting. I think Ferrari are just stirring the pot a little. Otherwise why are we hearing about it yet again when it's so far away? Everything serves a purpose.

Edited by goingthedistance, 15 October 2012 - 10:16.

#453 slmk

slmk

• 3,811 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:17

People are underestimating the rule changes effect, 2014 is the right time to be making a move for a new challenge. Nobody knows for sure who the regs will benefit, but Ferrari and Mercedes are the only teams directly associated with making the new engines themselves, and it's interesting top drivers are flocking to them.

I think it's the right move for Seb. Okay facing Alonso could be an acid move but he's going to get paid more, drive for the team everyone wants to drive, and if it goes right he'll get a level of recognition he can't get sticking to his comfort zone at Red Bull. It isn't even hugely risky in terms of car, Ferrari have been winning races every year, it's not like he's moving to Mercedes like Lewis.

As for Ferrari, they risk internal turnmoil, but gain a lot of strength to attack the WCC, weaken severely their fiercest competitor, and even if things go wrong internally and are force to dump one driver, they still get the chance of picking the best out of two multiple world champions.

Win-win for both parties, and it's only a massive loss for RBR. This all assuming the contractual situation lets him leave though, which given the widely reported rumours seems possible but still is a little unclear!

Is it really a massive loss for RBR, though? They have produced rocketships 3 of the past 4 years. Assuming they continue on producing rocketships, whoever remotely good driver they hire will stand a good chance of winning the WDC (Webber nearly won it, and I'm sure guys like Kimi or Button would win titles with an RB6 to RB8-type car.

#454 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,683 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:19

"Nearly won it" isn't "won it", though.

Losing Vettel will be a blow, IMO. I'm sure it's one they could come back from, if they found the right driver (and I'm sure they will be able to have the pick of the out of contract drivers). But I am sure RB would rather not be in that position.

#455 eronrules

eronrules

• 2,836 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:22

It seems LDM has watered down the bushfire :lol:

planetf1.com - Big-Boss-Rejects-Seb-To-Ferrari-Claims

Fresh reports emerged on Monday in which a 'source inside Ferrari' told the BBC that Vettel is expected to head to the Italian stable in 2014.

'Sources inside Ferrari say they have signed a contract with Vettel, 25, with an option to join in 2014 depending on their results,' reported the Beeb, who added that the German's arrival had been 'sanctioned' by Fernando Alonso.

However, di Montezemolo was quick to deny the claims, insisting that two very strong drivers at Ferrari would cause more harm than good.

"I've always said that I don't want two roosters in the hen-house," the Ferrari president told Italian radio station, RAI.

"I don't like that and it creates instability in the team."

But while Vettel is out, it appears as if Felipe Massa, whose form as improved of late resulting in a top-three finish in Japan, is in.

Asked about the Brazilian's future, di Montezemolo revealed that he would talk with Massa at length on Tuesday "and then we'll make a decision."

face it people, who here honestly thinks alonso will green light any attempt to recruite a driver with more than 90%of his capability??? driver like massa/sutil/nico are perfect because they operate at 75-80% capacity of alonso, and LDM is no slouch.

Edited by eronrules, 15 October 2012 - 10:24.

#456 sawyer_si

sawyer_si

• 347 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:28

I saw an article a while back that had calculated 2011's WDC standings if you took out Vettel (eg. move everyone behind him in a given race one position forward) and it said, that Webber would not have been champion in that scenario. He's more or less out of 2012 WDC as well, and he only finished third in 2010, so to say that Webber could easily take over from where Vettel left is a bit optimistic. I like Mark a lot, he is probably my favorite driver currently, but he didn't show that he has what it takes to be champion in recent years, even if he clearly had machinery at his disposal. He can be very fast, but he just isn't consistent enough.

That being said, things would defensively be different if Webber was n1 driver in RBR, but Alonso-Vettel pairing in reasonably strong Ferrari would be hard to beat in my opinion. If Vettel leaves it will be a big gap to fill, I'm not saying that it can't be done, but it might not be as easy as it seems, even if they build another rocketship.

Edited by sawyer_si, 15 October 2012 - 10:29.

#457 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,268 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:30

Is it really a massive loss for RBR, though? They have produced rocketships 3 of the past 4 years. Assuming they continue on producing rocketships, whoever remotely good driver they hire will stand a good chance of winning the WDC (Webber nearly won it, and I'm sure guys like Kimi or Button would win titles with an RB6 to RB8-type car.

Even with last year's dominant car Webber still finished behind someone else in the championship, this season he isn't in the fight neither. I'm highly doubtful they could get a driver that would get as many points over Webber as Vettel does. Perhaps my fav driver Kimi could but I'm still doubtful, he's lacking 2 or 3 tenths in qualifying these days which would be very penalizing given Red Bull's car characteristics (lack of top speed hence more difficult to overtake).

My conclusion is if Seb moves they're f*cked. They won't suddenly drop back to midfield but it's quite a blow.

#458 eronrules

eronrules

• 2,836 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:31

kimi to replace any one of webber/vettel in 2014 maybe ??? :rolleyes:

just wonder what kimi can do in a proper RB10 :love:

Sshhhhhhhh!!!! (roll on 17th october :smoking: )

Edited by eronrules, 15 October 2012 - 10:33.

#459 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,455 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:36

Sky Sports F1 ‏@SkySportsF1
Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has denied reports that Sebastian Vettel is poised to join the team in 2014. http://bit.ly/WnLQXE

I don't take his word on this. Not that he's a lying through his teeth type, but he would have denied these rumours even if the deal was already set and signed between everyone.

Advertisement

#460 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,541 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:39

It seems LDM has watered down the bushfire :lol:

planetf1.com - Big-Boss-Rejects-Seb-To-Ferrari-Claims

face it people, who here honestly thinks alonso will green light any attempt to recruite a driver with more than 90%of his capability??? driver like massa/sutil/nico are perfect because they operate at 75-80% capacity of alonso, and LDM is no slouch.

Ferrari vehemently denied the Alonso to Ferrari stories. Everytime Ferrari sign or deal with a big name driver it turns out to be the worst kept secret in Formula 1. And as engel says, as far as Ferrari are concerned you'll be hard pressed to find better than Allievi.

#461 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,876 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:43

Ferrari have either taken the title or have been in the running at the final race every season sine 2000, bar 2005, 2009 and 2011.
So if he wants to win the title, it isn't as bad as it looks.

#462 eronrules

eronrules

• 2,836 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:44

Ferrari vehemently denied the Alonso to Ferrari stories. Everytime Ferrari sign or deal with a big name driver it turns out to be the worst kept secret in Formula 1. And as engel says, as far as Ferrari are concerned you'll be hard pressed to find better than Allievi.

you may be right on that, but thinking logically, i don't see it happening before 2016 ... maybe 2015 provided FA had enough like Schumi back in 2007 and decides to hand over torch to matured Seb ... but not in 2014, no ****ing way alonso will let it happen IMHO :smoking:

... and there may not be a god, but there is always Santander :p

#463 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,397 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:48

The idea of vettel and alonso in ferrari is mouth watering!

I don't think either would dominate the other but could see alonso getting the shits and having a meltdown.

Edited by goldenboy, 15 October 2012 - 10:49.

#464 fed up

fed up

• 1,920 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:52

So today we have "Ferrari inside sources" saying that Vettel is going to Ferrari - interesting timing yes? Great way to unsettle Red Bull Racing in the final few races of a tight championship battle with Ferrari.

I think Seb does have options (what driver in his position wouldn't, with the car regs changing so much in 2014?) but the likelihood of him taking up the Ferrari option is fairly low. It would require a Red Bull slump and a Ferrari resurgence.

The BBC don't deal in gossip/rumour. They wouldn't headline an article if they weren't sure of their source.

#465 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,541 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:58

you may be right on that, but thinking logically, i don't see it happening before 2016 ... maybe 2015 provided FA had enough like Schumi back in 2007 and decides to hand over torch to matured Seb ... but not in 2014, no ****ing way alonso will let it happen IMHO :smoking:

... and there may not be a god, but there is always Santander :p

Not to long ago Montezemolo said that Alonso first needs to win a championship with Ferrari before he has a say on who drives for them or something to that effect.

As for Santander, I think their role is greatly overplayed. Montezemolo is too much of a power glutton to hand over that kind of power to a sponsor... The notion is absurd if you ask me.

#466 blackhand2010

blackhand2010

• 278 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:02

If it's true, it would seem that in terms of career options, Lewis jumped a year too early. Unless he has team side performance clauses in his Mercedes contract...

#467 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,683 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:11

The idea of vettel and alonso in ferrari is mouth watering!

It is - which is the main reason I expect it won't happen! I've seen the possibility of two "superstars" ending up in the same team be floated and not happen too many times - so I kind of expect to be disappointed again.

Really hope it does happen, though. I think it'd be a fascinating battle. My money would be on Alonso, but I wouldn't put the house on it that's for sure.

#468 sailor

sailor

• 585 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:17

:smoking:;)

Alonso would be tonked by both Lewis and Vettel. if he thinks he can manage Seb , he s sorely mistaken.

#469 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,813 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:28

A nail in the coffin for those expecting Alonso to get a competitive teammate.

http://planetf1.com/...-Ferrari-Claims

"I've always said that I don't want two roosters in the hen-house,"

"I don't like that and it creates instability in the team."

Luca di Montezemolo

#470 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,140 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:33

LdM clarified: I do not want two roosters in a hen house.

#471 DaiMOn

DaiMOn

• 193 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:33

A nail in the coffin for those expecting Alonso to get a competitive teammate.

http://planetf1.com/...-Ferrari-Claims

Yeah, just like when he said in June 2009 that there is no way they would sign Alonso for 2010...

#472 Jon83

Jon83

• 1,234 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:42

Funny how after one season (2007) in which he was just beaten by his teammate, some seem convinced that Alonso would struggle against anyone half-decent.

Button beat Hamilton last year. Occasionally, it does happen!

#473 ktrhe

ktrhe

• 50 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:44

I thing as long as Alonso stay with Ferrari, Vettel will not move to Ferrari. It a intressting Idea, but as Luca di Montezemolo said: "two roosters" will not work at Ferrari. Since 20 years they had a clear no. 1 driver and neither Alonso or Vettel will accept the no.2 status. If Alonso retires in 2014 then i can imagine that Vettel will move

#474 OSX

OSX

• 4,052 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:49

I don't take his word on this. Not that he's a lying through his teeth type, but he would have denied these rumours even if the deal was already set and signed between everyone.

True that but I think I'll take Luca's word in this case.

#475 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:56

Two roosters comment makes me laugh. I think it's time for Monty to go, the higher ups at Fiat need to do some thinking now as to where they want to take the team. Nowadays you can't just build a super car that's miles better than anyone else, and then have your main driver winning all the races and your backup scoring a podium and cruise your way to the WCC and WDC. You need two top drivers to try their hardest as well as a top car to win both, Formula One has changed too much, it's far too competitive and the old style thinking doesn't work. Even then though, Rubens was still a fast driver who won races and got the occasional pole.

You want a shot at the WCC, you need two roosters in the hen house, because you sure as shit aren't going to produce a car that's so dominant that you can have whatever.

Maybe I'm being wrong, Red Bull might be proving me wrong. But even then, Mark Webber does his part.

#476 maverick69

maverick69

• 4,212 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:04

I thing as long as Alonso stay with Ferrari, Vettel will not move to Ferrari. It a intressting Idea, but as Luca di Montezemolo said: "two roosters" will not work at Ferrari. Since 20 years they had a clear no. 1 driver and neither Alonso or Vettel will accept the no.2 status. If Alonso retires in 2014 then i can imagine that Vettel will move

This is not true. The notion that Ferrari always run a clear no.1 and no.2 system is mainly a function of the Schumacher/Todt era (a contractual situation I believe), and latterly with Alonso establishing himself as their main championship hope over a pretty inconsistent Massa.

You see, there is no room for driver sentiment when it comes to Luca di Montezemolo. After all, he disregarded their most successful driver ever for Raikonnen because he (allegedly) wouldn't take parity in his new contract. And he did the same for Alonso over Raikonnen (although Raikonnen was not particularly popular with Monty at that stage). So despite what he says in the press, history has shown that Monty is not necessarily averse to "two roosters". After all pre-accident Massa was allowed to race Raikonnen with parity...... and that was only a few years ago.

It's gonna happen IMO. The rumor, and details like "the veto" is hanging around the paddock like stink on a monkey. It is a typical, modern Ferrari recruitment policy.

I can't wait :smoking:

#477 Jon83

Jon83

• 1,234 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:06

Has there been a suggestion of this? I thought he was contracted until 2016?

#478 slmk

slmk

• 3,811 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:23

"Nearly won it" isn't "won it", though.

Losing Vettel will be a blow, IMO. I'm sure it's one they could come back from, if they found the right driver (and I'm sure they will be able to have the pick of the out of contract drivers). But I am sure RB would rather not be in that position.

He did not win it partly because the team focused on Vettel rather than him (who, at the time, was leading the WDC or, at least, ahead of Vettel in the standings). Had RBR given both drivers equal opportunities, I'm sure Webber would have won it.

#479 slmk

slmk

• 3,811 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:24

Even with last year's dominant car Webber still finished behind someone else in the championship, this season he isn't in the fight neither. I'm highly doubtful they could get a driver that would get as many points over Webber as Vettel does. Perhaps my fav driver Kimi could but I'm still doubtful, he's lacking 2 or 3 tenths in qualifying these days which would be very penalizing given Red Bull's car characteristics (lack of top speed hence more difficult to overtake).

My conclusion is if Seb moves they're f*cked. They won't suddenly drop back to midfield but it's quite a blow.

2010 Webber and early 2012 Webber were as fast if not faster than Vettel at times.

Advertisement

#480 slmk

slmk

• 3,811 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:27

Two roosters comment makes me laugh. I think it's time for Monty to go, the higher ups at Fiat need to do some thinking now as to where they want to take the team. Nowadays you can't just build a super car that's miles better than anyone else, and then have your main driver winning all the races and your backup scoring a podium and cruise your way to the WCC and WDC. You need two top drivers to try their hardest as well as a top car to win both, Formula One has changed too much, it's far too competitive and the old style thinking doesn't work. Even then though, Rubens was still a fast driver who won races and got the occasional pole.

You want a shot at the WCC, you need two roosters in the hen house, because you sure as shit aren't going to produce a car that's so dominant that you can have whatever.

Maybe I'm being wrong, Red Bull might be proving me wrong. But even then, Mark Webber does his part.

McLaren is "sort of" doing the opposite by giving up on Hamilton.

Edited by slmk, 15 October 2012 - 12:27.

#481 pRy

pRy

• 10,713 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:55

Theres some talk that Alonso's only remaining goal in F1 is to win a third title, and that he doesn't have any goals after that point. Some have suggested that this would result in Alonso retiring once he achieved this goal.

#482 engel

engel

• 5,029 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:58

Alonso will be 33 in 2014, way too young to retire, especially if he has access to race winning machinery

#483 Zava

Zava

• 4,737 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 13:09

Yeah, just like when he said in June 2009 that there is no way they would sign Alonso for 2010...

he also said back in may 2008 that he won't put Alonso and Raikkonen together (the same rooster-theory) and he was right...

#484 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 13:10

The situation at Mclaren in 2007 made me laugh louder.

Ferrari's president is smart, and as a Ferrari fan I think Vettel leaving his Red Bull to drive Alonso's car may not be the best of decisions.

#485 JimiKart

JimiKart

• 334 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 13:36

There's no chance fingerboy is going to Ferrari, it would be a dumb move, outside of a Newey car he has no track record and nobody knows what he can do in a less than dominant car, he's not as highly respected as FA so he's not getting the ride.

#486 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,349 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 13:37

Nice timing Ferrari, but I doubt it will destabilise Red Bull in the slightest, certainly not enough to prevent RB from carrying off this year's trophies...

#487 ed24f1

ed24f1

• 945 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 13:47

he also said back in may 2008 that he won't put Alonso and Raikkonen together (the same rooster-theory) and he was right...

Well that was more because from May 2008 until his injury, Massa began to outperform Raikkonen, rather than them trying to avoid two big drivers.

#488 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 3,876 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 13:54

Well that was more because from May 2008 until his injury, Massa began to outperform Raikkonen, rather than them trying to avoid two big drivers.

Massa's recent shape and their insistence in keeping him with them dissapointing season after dissapointing season makes pretty clear what they want. :wave:

#489 Verderer

Verderer

• 591 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 14:00

As if anything Montezemolo says can be taken at face value? He has always put expediency in front of principles (whatever they might be). If he thinks Vettel is the best, he will try to get him, and Alonso frankly just has to live with that when the time comes.

I am not saying Montezemolo will do that, mind you. But he wouldn't say it out loud in any case, would he? It's all politics, to keep Alonso and his financer's happy for now, whatever really happens in 2014. Denial has nearly always been the way of team principles and other managers to handle these driver deal news until the last minute, hasn't it?

#490 Zava

Zava

• 4,737 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 14:06

okay. so either Montezemolo really didn't want to put Alonso and Raikkönen as 2 roosters in one team, or he knew in advance that despite his WDC in 2007, and healthily leading the championship at the time he said that, he is going to be outperformed by Massa (-> sabotage?) :wave:

#491 tarmac

tarmac

• 1,155 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 14:11

Alonso has a long history of issues if teammate is too close. He cracks

#492 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 14:37

What essentially Luca has told Vettel here is "if you join us focus on driving for the team rather than starting a fight with Fernando. The door is open but it's Scuderia Ferrari and not Scuderia Alonso or Scuderia Vettel. We will pay you much better than RBR but it's important that you and Fernando behave".

But then again why have most respected journalists said that Vettel has a preliminary contract and why has Hamilton admitted to having had talks with Ferrari if the team don't want two top drivers? Also they paired Alonso with Räikkönen's 2008 beater Massa less than three years ago...

And frankly the thought of 7 straight Vettel/Red Bull title seasons should hurt Luca's stomach so he needs to not try to outsmart himself now. If Ferrari can get Vettel that should priority #1 regardless of what Alonso thinks. End of. If a decision is made to wait on signing Vettel until Alonso retires it'd be extremely stupid since I can't see Vettel not win all titles as long as he's in a RBR car and for Ferrari to win something with their faulty tunnels et cetera they need to ELIMINATE Red Bull from the map.

Of course Fernando is good enough to win titles, but the aero department isn't and that's why we can't have Vettel driving a better car year after year because at the end of the day, he's the one driver that could match Fernando in equal machinery. Hamilton could in the 2007 refuelling era but not now.

Edited by jeze, 15 October 2012 - 14:44.

#493 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,268 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 14:39

2010 Webber and early 2012 Webber were as fast if not faster than Vettel at times.

Yeah, but only "at times". That gives you less points over a championship.

#494 RealRacing

RealRacing

• 1,527 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 15:09

Massa's recent shape and their insistence in keeping him with them dissapointing season after dissapointing season makes pretty clear what they want. :wave:

It's clear to many of us fans and drivers such as Vettel and Button and if Massa is re-hired, it would
only confirm Ferrari's rooster policy.

#495 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 15:13

It's clear to many of us fans and drivers such as Vettel and Button and if Massa is re-hired, it would
only confirm Ferrari's rooster policy.

Except that IF Vettel's contract is already signed he'd be fully aware of what Massa's one-year deal was for.

I think Massa's new contract is 1 + 1 so that the team can take out the option for 2014 if they'd need to.

#496 ktrhe

ktrhe

• 50 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 15:17

Didnt says Alonso a couple of years ago that he wants to quit F1 after his third Title?

#497 eronrules

eronrules

• 2,836 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 15:17

Except that IF Vettel's contract is already signed he'd be fully aware of what Massa's one-year deal was for.

I think Massa's new contract is 1 + 1 so that the team can take out the option for 2014 if they'd need to.

i don't think so, Hulkenberg is going to sauber, even though last season we were told that his sponsorship tally isn't very good (by FI). the rumor is that Hulkenberg will move to ferrari when massa is disposed off.

#498 sailor

sailor

• 585 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 15:20

What essentially Luca has told Vettel here is "if you join us focus on driving for the team rather than starting a fight with Fernando. The door is open but it's Scuderia Ferrari and not Scuderia Alonso or Scuderia Vettel. We will pay you much better than RBR but it's important that you and Fernando behave".

But then again why have most respected journalists said that Vettel has a preliminary contract and why has Hamilton admitted to having had talks with Ferrari if the team don't want two top drivers? Also they paired Alonso with Räikkönen's 2008 beater Massa less than three years ago...

And frankly the thought of 7 straight Vettel/Red Bull title seasons should hurt Luca's stomach so he needs to not try to outsmart himself now. If Ferrari can get Vettel that should priority #1 regardless of what Alonso thinks. End of. If a decision is made to wait on signing Vettel until Alonso retires it'd be extremely stupid since I can't see Vettel not win all titles as long as he's in a RBR car and for Ferrari to win something with their faulty tunnels et cetera they need to ELIMINATE Red Bull from the map.

Of course Fernando is good enough to win titles, but the aero department isn't and that's why we can't have Vettel driving a better car year after year because at the end of the day, he's the one driver that could match Fernando in equal machinery. Hamilton could in the 2007 refuelling era but not now.

Good plan but why not tackle the Aero department then which is the "real" problem.

If RBR make a rocket again then Webber or whoever is in that car will be taking titles away.

Ferrari cant hire all good drivers (or pay them to rally ) - so they have to look at it diffenerntly

#499 Jon83

Jon83

• 1,234 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 15:21

Alonso has a long history of issues if teammate is too close. He cracks

Can you give some examples of this please.

Advertisement

#500 Flamini

Flamini

• 756 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 15:30

Alonso wants Vettel in Ferrari because it's easier to fight with Vettel in the same car than to fight with him when he sits in Red Bull :p