Two articles from bild.de - here are some excerpts, as these articles are in GermanTwo articles on Lauda's role in recent events
- Schumacher's ousting at Mercedes is Lauda's doing - Niki Lauda, the new strong man at Mercedes
* Ten days ago Zetsche offered Lauda the top job, after having successfully done the Concorde Agreement for Merc
* Closing Hamilton was already Lauda's doing
* In dropping Schumacher he was one of the decision makers.
* Lauda:"I have seen a number of things in Brackley that we have to change"
* Niki will decide on how budgets are used - he has ample experience as a business man
- This is why Mercedes has dropped Schumacher
* Schumacher does not go on his own volition
* He has miscalculated and has been disposed off
* Schumacher did not make any concessions in the contract negotiations concerning length of contract, money as well as closing the contract in time. Then Hamilton came along...Schumacher lost control over his own future
* Lauda, as asked by Zetsche, met with Lewis Hamilton in the 5-star hotel Conrad in Singapore after the race. There he enthused Lewis and gave him the final push to sign. (Lauda himself does not want to confirm this)