* * * * - 9 votes

Michael Schumacher - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2749 replies to this topic

#901 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,179 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:39

Little OT, but nevertheless interesting IMO. I wonder what it says about Michael's current relationship with Mercedes' management.

The great German announced his decision on Thursday, and Mercedes chiefs Norbert Haug and Ross Brawn admitted Schumacher only told them what he was going to say “five minutes” earlier.

But Todt, Schumacher’s former Ferrari boss, a close friend and now the FIA president, said he knew all about it “a few days” earlier.

“I was told about Michael’s decision a few days ago,” he said. “We had the opportunity to speak, so I was prepared when he made it public and understood his reasons.”

Todt, however, said he doesn’t know what his friend is going to do next.

“I don’t know, but he will be very busy, that’s for sure,” said the FIA president.

http://www.inautonew...hilosophy-alesi

Advertisement

#902 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,071 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:47

Little OT, but nevertheless interesting IMO. I wonder what it says about Michael's current relationship with Mercedes' management.

Don't read too much into that please. He'll be busy as he's always has been ;) Still an ambassador for the sport, even after Brazil, you know.

#903 MSCDesign

MSCDesign

• 112 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:09

Makes me so sad to see Sauber being competitive, being at the top. Just saw how this team is nice. Nice people really.
:'(

#904 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:46

Makes me so sad to see Sauber being competitive, being at the top. Just saw how this team is nice. Nice people really.
:'(

i just thought about Sauber - MS link... seeing them on the podium.. I wonder if MS has any regrets. Sauber 2012 is not anymore Sauber the average team.

#905 dav115

dav115

• 710 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:25

Nice of Brundle to acknowledge that the old man's still got speed (or words to that effect) during the race.

#906 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:49

i just thought about Sauber - MS link... seeing them on the podium.. I wonder if MS has any regrets. Sauber 2012 is not anymore Sauber the average team.

Michael knows fully well that you can't look at a currently successful team like Sauber and assume they'll continue to be. Each year is its own. He can only wish that MGP had the level of competitiveness as the Saubers *this year*. The crystal ball doesn't work very well with those midfield teams. They may sparkle one year and then the next, they struggle, even if the rules changes aren't big.

If he wishes to stop, then he should just do so.

#907 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,179 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:53

Nice of Brundle to acknowledge that the old man's still got speed (or words to that effect) during the race.

Purple in sector three.

#908 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,179 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:56

Don't read too much into that please. He'll be busy as he's always has been ;) Still an ambassador for the sport, even after Brazil, you know.

Thanks, and I agree that he will find something, but more I think about it, more I am thinking that his relationship with a team is not very best at the moment. Based on the quoted article earlier on, even JT had heads up, in contrast to Ross. That's a new tone in their relationship which I haven't detected in the past.

Edited by Sakae, 07 October 2012 - 12:58.

#909 my_own_shadow

my_own_shadow

• 214 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 13:01

As I wrote in another thread, just remeber Senna and his last year with McLaren. Senna considered taking a sabbatical for the 1993 season but Ron Dennis and McLaren were very persuasive and a pay-by-race deal was finally agreed upon.

But they in Mercedes doesn't trust and respect Michael like Ron Dennis used to in case of Ayrton... Otherwise, they wouldn't have signed a contract with Hamilton until Michael's final decision. All events tell that they in Mercedes forced Michael to retire :down: :mad: :evil:

#910 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 13:31

What I find particularly sad is that each year of his current stint had moments where I thought things were coming together. We all had expectations / hopes and most of them were not met.

In 2010 after a rusty start he's been very competetive Spain / Monaco / Turkey... and then we had mistakes, uninspiring drives, bad strategy calls, etc... MSC was clearly not comfortable. Only in Japan, Brasil, and Belgium he showed us his usual confident self yet it was too late and by that time he's been already slaughtered by the mass media. His qualifying pace being bad did not help either.

In 2011 MSC improved. Less erratic / inconsistent performances but still plenty of things going wrong, both inside and outside of his responsibility. At Canada it looked very promising but...

The start of 2012 looked great despite all the bad luck. We saw the man being consistently fast, comfortable with the car and all. Yet as season unfoldd, MGP goes backwards and few mistakes take place it suddenly looks gloomy and MSC decides to leave.

I surely hope for some inspiring drives in the last six races! Go get them, Michael!

That's a good summary. I just hope Sauber don't compete with merc for the constuctors championship in the last races. I would hate for the new developments to be a step back. We've seen in the past rushed developments in panic put on the car , not being understood. Merc don't understand alot of things, or they do but don't open up about it. Annoying.

#911 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 13:34

ONLY after he announced his retirement. Prior he was only bashing "Schumi"

#912 Number62

Number62

• 492 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 13:58

Untrue.

#913 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,071 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 14:03

Jep, false.

#914 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,179 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 14:24

As I wrote in another thread, just remeber Senna and his last year with McLaren. Senna considered taking a sabbatical for the 1993 season but Ron Dennis and McLaren were very persuasive and a pay-by-race deal was finally agreed upon.

But they in Mercedes doesn't trust and respect Michael like Ron Dennis used to in case of Ayrton... Otherwise, they wouldn't have signed a contract with Hamilton until Michael's final decision. All events tell that they in Mercedes forced Michael to retire :down: :mad: :evil:

Not to get lost is semantics; I do agree that lack of signs of any progress towards a better car had probably held Michael’s hand from accepting his option.

#915 akshay380

akshay380

• 423 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 14:37

I had to bear with the unbearable stupid commentary of Steve Slater (Star Sports) again today, 10 years he's never changed.

"Sebastian Vettel drove a faultless race today, total domination, he must be proud to emulate his childhood hero ..... the Late Great Aryton Senna.."

Goodness. BS. Vettel's childhood hero was Schumacher, and Schumacher did really dominate at Suzuka.

You are from India I guess? Have to bear with that clumsy guy every race weekend. Karun is miles better.

Edited by akshay380, 07 October 2012 - 14:37.

#916 aliasj

aliasj

• 150 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 14:48

You are from India I guess? Have to bear with that clumsy guy every race weekend. Karun is miles better.

From Thailand. Usually I try to find a Sky Sports/BBC feed even though I'm able to get Star Sports/ESPN in HD but Steve Slater is clueless. Today the race engineer said to MS we're on the same strategy as Perez. So, Slater starts to compare Perez's race position with MS and says, the strategy didn't quite work out for MS there as MS is still in 15th position.... *facepalm*

#917 scynaz

scynaz

• 28 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 15:34

Not much, they already hired Lewis, it's none of their business any more whether he retires or goes to another team. Todt's a neutral and an old friend so Schumacher could talk more frankly with him.

#918 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 730 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 15:36

Three years with Mercedes is enough to take the fight out of any driver.

#919 weston

weston

• 369 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 15:45

Brundle respects Schumacher. Always did.

"I am a massive fan of Michael's and I respect him enormously"

Advertisement

#920 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 2,406 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:08

Three years with Mercedes is enough to take the fight out of any driver.

Indeed, and three years supporting your driver in that shitbox takes it out of you as a fan too.

I'm very sad to see Michael retire (had hoped he would head to Sauber) but I'm glad he's out of that team at the end of the season.

No longer will I hope for updates and hope for wet races just so he has a chance of getting a podium. Good riddance Merc

#921 MSCDesign

MSCDesign

• 112 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:35

After the announcement he can't change his mind now? right?
I mean there aren't any rules, it just wouldn't be right from the moral side?

#922 bonneville

bonneville

• 342 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:49

If MS changed his mind now, he would just look stupid. There are no rules against that.

Seriously though, it's over. The only slight possibility you could see MS drive is if he signed a 3rd driver/test driver deal with a top team (Ferrari or Mercedes) to help develop their 2014 engine, and one of that team's drivers was incapacitated and forced to miss a race. But I doubt MS would be interested in development duty.

I guess you will never see MS race again in F1 after the Brazilian GP.

But who knows, he might be tempted to go back to Le Mans, or try and race the Indy500.

#923 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:49

MS is like batman, always have a escape plan.

If you say your retired, or retiring, you sevre ties with that team in that driver role.

If you take a sabbatical, your leavng some sort of msg you may comeback with this team. When Hakkinen left f1, he did say sabbatical, and we spent 2002 wondering if he would return, so we didn't really get a full picture.

What seems certain is a 1 year break. There's no rules, and he used "perhaps forever". It all depends on the future, I think things like tyres, engine, personnel, rest, rules, witht these changes, MS knows he adapted to current f1, but current f1 along with the team he signed with was not what he expected. If f1 can change and the right team/car was available, I could see him return.

MS does like making his retirement speeches with races to go, in a way to kinda make a point, look I'm going away, but I'm fast and I'm always been fast, but unlike ferrari, he's more frustrated he can't show it in the merc car which is not even podium potential at times.

Michael did not publically lament ferrari or mercedes when things were not going right. If Michael made a switch to Sauber, it would say a few things, it would mean either he does not think mercedes can do a good car, or feed into the speculation hamilton 's 3 year deal was more attractive them MS sticking around for 1/2 years.

But with MS retiring, it means the team is not at fault, it's just I am wanting rest, and I did my best, I really think MS has done a awesome job in covering his thoughts on the potential of the team, just retire as soon as a team is not going to perform anytime soon, then do a surprise switch. No one expected him to leave ferrari and sign for mercedes.

"Once your out, your out for good", 2006 he went against what he said, and did come back, it's not somethiing everyone can do, but someone like him now, we know he can jump in and adapt, but as good as he is for his age, it 's the only real thing against him, if he thinks getting rest is better then riding around getting points for mercedes, it might be the best thing rather then do another year at mercedes with less potential for wins, getting rest.

But if he's a changed person, maybe he is going, he has changed. He remains unpredictable.

Edited by SeanValen, 07 October 2012 - 17:03.

#924 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:24

I'll think he back in F1 in 2014, either as a driver or as an important team figurehead.

#925 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,227 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:32

What seems certain is a 1 year break. There's no rules, and he used "perhaps forever". It all depends on the future, I think things like tyres, engine, personnel, rest, rules, witht these changes, MS knows he adapted to current f1, but current f1 along with the team he signed with was not what he expected. If f1 can change and the right team/car was available, I could see him return.

I think the only way he would be back is if something like the Kubica 2011 scenario arose, or the Massa 2009 situation. It would have to be a competitive car, and it would have to be next year.

He could contemplate a return after a three year break for 2010 because he was a returning legend who was ultra competitive right up to his last GP. Now he is three years older than his last comeback, and six years past his last super competitive season. A second comeback would not generate the same anticipation, and he may not even be considered for mid-season vacancies at top teams now.

#926 my_own_shadow

my_own_shadow

• 214 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:40

Ah, that's only dreams... :rolleyes:

#927 topical

topical

• 2,023 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 18:46

I'll think he back in F1 in 2014, either as a driver or as an important team figurehead.

As a driver he is finished. As a team figurehead - well, Prost tried that one and we all know how it ended. I expect MS will just do PR work or end up as a TV pundit and why not...

#928 my_own_shadow

my_own_shadow

• 214 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 19:11

As a driver he is finished. As a team figurehead - well, Prost tried that one and we all know how it ended. I expect MS will just do PR work or end up as a TV pundit and why not...

The Prost team is the example I have been exactly thinking about in case of MS return in 2009. Both, Prost and Schumacher, have been almost guaranteed that their efforts will be supported in all possible ways... But surely that didn't happen in both cases. :|

#929 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 19:37

Finished? In what way? Performance wise? Because that's utter drivel. Finished because he's announced a second retirement? Never say never, Hakkinen/Mansell/Prost/Lauda/Villeneueve all considered 2nd & 3rd comebacks. Opportunities for him to return as a driver will come.

He said "perhaps forever this time", it's quite clear from that that he does not want to close the door on another return. I don't think he's lost his love for racing, he simply lost his faith in the Mercedes project.

Edited by DutchCruijff, 07 October 2012 - 19:39.

#930 my_own_shadow

my_own_shadow

• 214 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 19:41

I don't think he's lost his love for racing, he simply lost his faith in the Mercedes project.

Well said! :up:

#931 MSCDesign

MSCDesign

• 112 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 20:32

Finished? In what way? Performance wise? Because that's utter drivel. Finished because he's announced a second retirement? Never say never, Hakkinen/Mansell/Prost/Lauda/Villeneueve all considered 2nd & 3rd comebacks. Opportunities for him to return as a driver will come.

He said "perhaps forever this time", it's quite clear from that that he does not want to close the door on another return. I don't think he's lost his love for racing, he simply lost his faith in the Mercedes project.

actually..."and it might this time be even forever."

Edited by MSCDesign, 07 October 2012 - 20:32.

#932 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 684 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 21:15

He's going kids, and he ain't coming back.

#933 Pits

Pits

• 414 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 21:35

He's going kids, and he ain't coming back.

Yep, let's just enjoy his last five races. After that there will be only reminiscing...

#934 exmayol

exmayol

• 547 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:10

Not that one point would make much of a difference but still fair drive by Michael. Considering that Webber only got to 8th in a race winning car, 11th in a MGP shitbox is pretty solid. We don't even have the top speed anymore....

#935 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:28

I don't know why he hurry to announce retirement? Why,why? And if rumours are true that Sauber make him an offer. Sauber car is on different planet comparing to W03. And for sure will be better next year too. I blame Mercedes team to killing his will/desire for F1. These retards. If W03 is lower midfield, Sauber car was top car all season. Car that can give him what he wants - podiums, wins.
I don't think there is a fan that is not happy he left MGP. But he have more to give to F1 and his fans. He should think about it, rest a little bit and think again and see what is available. Why hurry??
All season he show that he have speed to fight with every other driver out there.

Edited by ivand911, 08 October 2012 - 06:35.

#936 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,179 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:40

I don't know why he hurry to announce retirement? Why,why? And if rumours are true that Sauber make him an offer. Sauber car is on different planet comparing to W03. And for sure will be better next year too. I blame Mercedes team to killing his will/desire for F1. These retards. If W03 is lower midfield, Sauber car was top car all season. Car that can give him what he wants - podiums, wins.
I don't think there is a fan that is not happy he left MGP. But he have more to give to F1 and his fans. He should think about it, rest a little bit and think again and see what is available. Why hurry??
All season he show that he have speed to fight with every other driver out there.

Someone posted on this forum that Kaltenborn denied that any offers were made to him by Sauber in terms of drive for 2013.

#937 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:43

Someone posted on this forum that Kaltenborn denied that any offers were made to him by Sauber in terms of drive for 2013.

What else she could say after his retirement? He didn't accept our offer?
If it is true , he didn't have much options. And still there isn't answer to the question:What he wanted? To stay in F1 or retire. Stay in another team I mean.

Edited by ivand911, 08 October 2012 - 06:46.

#938 topical

topical

• 2,023 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:53

He will be 45 years old and even worse than he was this time around. Guys do not come back to modern F1 at 45 years old. He was great in his day but recognises his time is past and is retiring while he still can with some dignity. Maybe some of you need to go to therapy to learn to live with a post Schumacher life, the smart ones will just enjoy his last few races then say goodbye.

#939 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,277 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:56

He is retiring with a lot of dignity....had he stayed on, his dignity would still be intact. If you can't appreciate a guy coming back to F1 and that type of competition (read Mark Webbers quote) then no way do you appreciate the sport and ar just commenting to stir the pot.

Edited by Raelene, 08 October 2012 - 06:56.

Advertisement

#940 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 13:06

He will be 45 years old and even worse than he was this time around. Guys do not come back to modern F1 at 45 years old. He was great in his day but recognises his time is past and is retiring while he still can with some dignity. Maybe some of you need to go to therapy to learn to live with a post Schumacher life, the smart ones will just enjoy his last few races then say goodbye.

:up:

Spot on. Sometimes it is amazing what we can read in this thread:"Michael is like batman, always has an escape plan" etc. The level of childish hero worship and the inclination that is behind it is quite something.

Michael's 2012 was in parts respectable, showing some of his old class, in part like a rookie. Time to go with that age and career perspective. Vettel has replaced Schumacher a long time ago.

#941 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,119 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 13:36

the smart ones will just enjoy his last few races then say goodbye.

I agree, Schumacher will not be back to F1 as a driver ever again, this comeback was a disaster, no other way to characterize it really, dumped by Mercedes Benz in favor of Lewis Hamilton, only one podium and no victories, always behind his teammate, his fans always dreaming up excuses from every angle to explain away mistakes and lack of performance. Why would Schumacher come back to an even lesser team where he would have even less chance of winning, that assumes any of the lesser teams would even have him now. The answer is he won't because he is not a fool.

I will be enjoying the next five races, Schumacher still has a chance to make the points table respectable relative to Rosberg, and I am 100% sure he will be pressing as hard as he can to get on par with Rosberg which should prove interesting. When it is over and Schumacher is gone we can all look back on his looooooong career, celebrate his victories and championships, knowing we where all privileged to have witnessed the amazing performances of one of the most outstanding drivers in the history of the sport.

#942 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,277 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 13:38

A-N

Sit down........

I agree with much of what you have written above. I think he had 1 more year left in him as I dnt believe he's totally over the hill though

Sean?- man u really got to calm down!! Batman!!! Really!!!

#943 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,071 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 13:41

Spot on. Sometimes it is amazing what we can read in this thread:"Michael is like batman, always has an escape plan" etc. The level of childish hero worship and the inclination that is behind it is quite something.

Michael's 2012 was in parts respectable, showing some of his old class, in part like a rookie. Time to go with that age and career perspective. Vettel has replaced Schumacher a long time ago.

Well, if that is the case (which I doubt, the level's quite normal), it would make a nice counteract to the hatred which we can read in this thread: "Michael is past it. OMG!!!!1111oneone, he crashed in FPx, FIRE HIM NAO." :stoned:

Edited by Jejking, 08 October 2012 - 13:41.

#944 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 13:52

Remember when living in a glass house, you really shouldn't throw stones. :rotfl:

Very rich criticism coming from you there. You may not be unrealistic in the same way, so I'd be careful.

Your comment on Schumacher there is admittedly not far from true, but prior comments from you do make your current amazement equally quite amusing.

#945 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 14:14

I agree, Schumacher will not be back to F1 as a driver ever again, this comeback was a disaster, no other way to characterize it really, dumped by Mercedes Benz in favor of Lewis Hamilton, only one podium and no victories, always behind his teammate, his fans always dreaming up excuses from every angle to explain away mistakes and lack of performance. Why would Schumacher come back to an even lesser team where he would have even less chance of winning, that assumes any of the lesser teams would even have him now. The answer is he won't because he is not a fool.

I will be enjoying the next five races, Schumacher still has a chance to make the points table respectable relative to Rosberg, and I am 100% sure he will be pressing as hard as he can to get on par with Rosberg which should prove interesting. When it is over and Schumacher is gone we can all look back on his looooooong career, celebrate his victories and championships, knowing we where all privileged to have witnessed the amazing performances of one of the most outstanding drivers in the history of the sport.

This is a bit harsh. :p

I agree that Schumacher will not return. IMO, it would be for the following reasons:

He came back to be a part of Mercedes' success as a team. He was looking to win races and perhaps even a championship. This was assumed to be possible because of his expected high performance on track as well as his positive influence on a team that would make it successful in time.

Unfortunately:
- the team has not been successful after three years. In fact, they have not convincingly improved significantly. They are definitely not worse than when they started, but not really better either. This has been the case despite many opportunities to improve. This year has been particularly bad since their upgrades have not borne fruit despite Schumi's very optimistic views on the car at the start of the year's campaign. These three years will understandably have teams doubting Michael's ability to contribute towards their teams success if he were to come onboard. Would any team now overlook his age for his contribution to car development. I love and respect the guy, but even I doubt I would.

- perhaps more importantly, is his ontrack performance. I wouldn't say that Rosberg has given him a spanking. Neither would I say that it has been the other way around. Things have been even keel really with Michael getting the better at times, with Rosberg being better on other occasions or periods. Michael has therefore not shown convincing superiority to Rosberg who isn't a really proven quantity just yet. Yes, he's won a race, but so had Fisi prior to partnering Alonso. Rosberg simply shows promise. We don't know what he will be like in a championship winning team. I doubt that he'll beat Hamilton either. Even if they are pretty equal next year, what would be the point of any team appointing an aging Schumacher to drive for them at this stage?

- His mistakes over the three years and penalties have been more distressing than they really aught to be. The paddock, media and stewards have been highly critical of him at all times, it would seem. This has a lot to do with the undercurrent of disdain that goes with such an accomplished driver coming back for more on a grid where seats are at such a premium. Of course there are other reasons for the disdain since he has many who envy him or plain dislike him with an aim to discredit his accomplishments. Some feel it feisty and arrogant of him to feel that he could come back and achieve success the way he expected. They have therefore been critical of his mistakes resulting in bad press and heavy penalties from the stewards; penalties that were on occasion arguably unjustified. He seems welcome for the spectacle of his being there.... it spices up the show etc. However, we do see a bitter side to how he is viewed and treated. Just have a look at the weekly autosport.com driver ratings for instance and see what Michael gets from week to week for his weekend performances.

So there's how he has performed looking at him in a favourable and more forgiving light. There's also how he performed, looking at him in a bitter light as individuals who dislike him and have never been impressed with his genuine performance. I mean, just think for a minute what folks feel about him now when they feel he lucked his way into all those championships and race wins through underhanded favourable treatment tactics, super exclusive Bridgestone rubber and typically superior machinery, heads and shoulders above the field. Not to mention the fortune of driving with a grid full of otherwise mediocre drivers in the latter 90's and early 00's

It's all a mess really, and for this reason, I'd be utterly amazed if he drove again in F1 beyond the end of this season. It's the same sort of thing that drove Prost into relative seclusion.

Edited by ali_M, 08 October 2012 - 14:20.

#946 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 14:34

Correction, Alonso replaced Schumacher a long time ago.

#947 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 14:37

Correction, Alonso replaced Schumacher a long time ago.

... or was it Kimi?

#948 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,179 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 14:50

Michael after his first retirement wasn't replaced by Hamilton, Button, Alonso or Kimi, but by one Sebastian Vettel.

#949 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,119 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 14:51

I agree that Schumacher will not return. IMO, it would be for the following reasons:

Top post, balanced, you sound like a professional?

#950 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 15:01

Vettel is not an all-rounder like Alonso & Schumacher, he's a crybaby unlike, to an extent, Alonso & Schumacher, he's unable to deliver victories with a dire car etc. etc. He goes after fastest lap after fastest lap knowing there are issues with the Renault in RB, he changes helmet after every race and he still persists with the finger. He is still a kid.