Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:26

Now he suddenly goes a second faster?

Advertisement

#1102 Macxtor

Macxtor

• 39 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:27

Yep, it will be a relief.

On his comeback, I remeber being surprised and disappointed that Michael was having to fight Torro Rosso's in some of the races. It seemed so bizarre, and the commentators used to make a big thing about how MS was having to fight with these lower / midfield cars.

3 Years on, and where are Merc now? Exactly where they were when MS first joined or perhaps even slower. It no longer even feels strange that Merc are getting overtaken by Force India's and Torro's Rosso's.

The only way it could be worse is if we were Lewis fans who have all this to come.

I really dont hope Lewis will have a crap car in 2013. He is a great driver like Michael and dont derserve this.

Edited by Macxtor, 14 October 2012 - 07:28.

#1103 Junky

Junky

• 272 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:28

You'll be forever in my heart. 91 victories and 7 World Championship. But I tell you, THANK GOD you're leaving, because this team is a f****** joke.

#1104 mkoscevic

mkoscevic

• 624 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:28

It seems that Schumacher has some kind of a gearbox problem (manifesting on downshifts).

Perhaps that would explain those numbers:

Posted Image

#1105 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,456 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:29

Now he suddenly goes a second faster?

The tires get into temp late and only for a few laps?

#1106 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:43

The tires get into temp late and only for a few laps?

yes, looks like the tyres were in the right window for a short time period and then the gearbox decided it´s too fast for the car :p

#1107 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 639 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:47

Thank God that's over.

#1108 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:48

4 races more. :rolleyes: More pain.

#1109 MSCDesign

MSCDesign

• 112 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:52

Are SkyF1 ignoring merc on purpose?

#1110 Wade

Wade

• 426 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:54

Only 4 to go before the suffering is over.

#1111 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,915 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:14

Are SkyF1 ignoring merc on purpose?

Merc were probably too embarrsed to give an interview. I wonder how many people's jobs will be on the line next season if they continue like this?

Schumacher is doing the best thing. He saw the lack of potential and bailed.

#1112 MSCDesign

MSCDesign

• 112 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:23

WTF i hate this british press, this Sky and everyone. How many weekends with no reports from Merc, none interviews. Even not to mention a word "merc" in a whole program after the race.

Merc were probably too embarrsed to give an interview. I wonder how many people's jobs will be on the line next season if they continue like this?

Schumacher is doing the best thing. He saw the lack of potential and bailed.

I saw Michael in the background when other drivers were interviewed.
I mean Sky didn't even mention Merc for one time. Even a word "mercedes".

Edited by MSCDesign, 14 October 2012 - 09:25.

#1113 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:26

WTF i hate this british press, this Sky and everyone. How many weekends with no reports from Merc, none interviews. Even not to mention a word "merc" in a whole program after the race.

There was nothing in Germany too (RTL and Sky Germany), they only asked NR what happened on lap 1.
Maybe there´s some crisis meeting or something like that.
Even their website has no quotes yet.

http://www.motorspor...teten-grip.html

Struggling with tyre temperature

Edited by Urawa, 14 October 2012 - 09:32.

#1114 Paa

Paa

• 65 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:38

Maybe there´s some crisis meeting or something like that.

lol, why would be? for me it seems everything is going perfectly normal
I'm sure they already know what went wrong
workgin on it
updates are coming
this track didn't suit the car, but the next ones will be better
car base is very good, just slipped out of the right operating window for some reason
just have to work on the setups a bit, understanding the car, the tyres and the updates
they gathered a lot of useful data
this was the maximum they could achive today so all in all satisfied
have to look forward

Edited by Paa, 14 October 2012 - 09:39.

#1115 my_own_shadow

my_own_shadow

• 214 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:41

There was nothing in Germany too (RTL and Sky Germany), they only asked NR what happened on lap 1.

Same thing here in Italy with RAI... Whole interview with Horner, Massa, Domenicali and Newey, but no word about Michael and Mercedes... :well:

#1116 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,717 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:50

it's better for Merc if nobody interviews them now.

#1117 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,238 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:52

Not a day to forget, but a way to forget for Mercedes. At some point, there were racing with Caterham lap-time wise. Terrible.

#1118 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,717 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:54

the comment from MS's race engineer was fantastic.....the car struggling in 13th place, picks up some sort of gearbox issue (btw, will this mean a new gearbox and a penalty next race?) and the guy says there is nothing to worry about, everything is fine.

#1119 MSCDesign

MSCDesign

• 112 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:58

Somehow I understand press is not talking about merc as they are nowhere and are always talking the same and the same thing repeats.
But SkySports has the longest program after the race and they didn't even mentioned. When the commentator was reading the results "..blah blah top 10. Further down the grid, quite disappointing weekend for williams"..And merc? Then Ted's notebook. He says he will go from the team to team as the finishing order of the race was(starting with red bull then ferrari), so when he came to force india, toro rosso, sauber he just jumped mercedes and talked about williams. HAHAHAH

Advertisement

#1120 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:08

I saw Michael in the background when other drivers were interviewed.
I mean Sky didn't even mention Merc for one time. Even a word "mercedes".

Being ignored or marginalized by certain media is not a new phenomenon, and it is ongoing for many years. Today however it is rather merciful gesture, because very little good could be said about this group. Perhaps Mr. Lauda could entertain us instead.

#1121 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,915 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:10

Maybe they did not want the world's media picking on them?

*stop bullying us*

If Vettel did not back off, Michael could have been lapped.

#1122 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:06

Whole season team tactics was : Let's be very fast in Q and we will think about the race latter.

#1123 MSCDesign

MSCDesign

• 112 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:20

Whole season team tactics was : Let's be very fast in Q and we will think about the race latter.

Actually now it is: let's get in Q3 and we'll be fine at the race, as our pace looked quite reasonable on long runs at friday practice.

#1124 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:21

Michael about his future: "Plan is not to have a plan".

After today, I am not surprised anymore. He has admitted that it was becoming difficult for him to wake up in the morning, and get back to work.

I do not believe that it is age related exhaustion, just track results, lack of technical progress and culture at Brackley just suck up all energy out of him; not being even able to talk with the engineers? WTF. He said quite clearly it was different at Ferrari.

Edited by Sakae, 14 October 2012 - 14:02.

#1125 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,613 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:31

I could have certainly understood MS if he just parked the car after the end of the race, shake hands with everyone in the garage, and tell them to kindly ask Sam Bird or anybody else to drive the Silver Barrow for the last 4 races. I don't get it, don't these people have any pride? For fxxx's sake, they are all making clown's of themselves. LdM would have kicked ass 2 year's ago. If heads will not roll within a few days, I don't know what to think, really. They are seriously letting their drivers down, not to speak of themselves. They are the laughing stock of the grid at the moment.

#1126 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,879 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:46

I could have certainly understood MS if he just parked the car after the end of the race, shake hands with everyone in the garage, and tell them to kindly ask Sam Bird or anybody else to drive the Silver Barrow for the last 4 races.

That's what Lauda would have done - at least Lauda was consequent.

#1127 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:58

That's what Lauda would have done - at least Lauda was consequent.

Your own tenacity at spouting this nonsense mirrors Schumacher's dedication. Maybe that's why you dislike him so much?

#1128 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 13:30

For me Michael is already retired, now he is just testing for the team.

#1129 bsoares

bsoares

• 73 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 13:32

Your own tenacity at spouting this nonsense mirrors Schumacher's dedication. Maybe that's why you dislike him so much?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#1130 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,053 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 15:49

Michael about his future: "Plan is not to have a plan".

After today, I am not surprised anymore. He has admitted that it was becoming difficult for him to wake up in the morning, and get back to work.

I do not believe that it is age related exhaustion, just track results, lack of technical progress and culture at Brackley just suck up all energy out of him; not being even able to talk with the engineers? WTF. He said quite clearly it was different at Ferrari.

I agree about what Michael said about how different it was at Ferrari. The entire culture is different there and it helped that he had Jean Todt at the helm as well.

#1131 sharo

sharo

• 1,768 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 16:25

;)

Was just refreshing Austro-Hungarian sentiments...

It is an Austrian mafia in F1, true, and Lauda's position in Merc is indeed similar to Dr.Helmut Marko's.

Well, now you know why I feel so well and at home in this Michael Schumacher thread: Sakae and your nobles self being Hungarian, Ivan and Sharo being Bulgarians simply makes me feel a little at home.

Fascinating, that you guys find so much in Michael Schumacher - I would have understood you guys going now for Sebastian Vettel - but it must be something in Michael that has a special resonance with you.

Thank you for the kind words.
I really can't tell exactly. 20 years ago a young, globally unknown ordinary German guy came to F1 and started mixing with the big boys. And immediately won my support. He was green, inexperienced, speaking English with difficulty, but I guess it was his handling of the car, things he did with the Benetton that grabbed my attention. And his (I dare say typical German) self discipline and dedication. In the meantime he got married, had children and never let his private and family life be mixed with his professional one. Although I am sure the gutter press was all in pursuit. From what I know, in the very start he tried to bring things to the press and got lectured by Aerton Senna about playing with the press versus settling misunderstandings among themselves like professionals and I think he remembered that lesson for life.
No Internet at that time, information came from the race weekends broadcast and some sport media.
The rest is history. Some times I wonder how fast those years seem to have passed.
Following Michael has brought so much joy and excitement to myself, for which I will always be his supporter.

I have favorites among the young guns and I always put them against Michael's background as he is the measure I use. I like very much Seb Vettel but also think that Hulk has not been given the chance to show himself in a front fighting machinery.

#1132 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,879 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 17:04

I really can't tell exactly. 20 years ago a young, globally unknown ordinary German guy came to F1 and started mixing with the big boys. And immediately won my support. He was green, inexperienced, speaking English with difficulty, but I guess it was his handling of the car, things he did with the Benetton that grabbed my attention. And his (I dare say typical German) self discipline and dedication. In the meantime he got married, had children and never let his private and family life be mixed with his professional one. Although I am sure the gutter press was all in pursuit. From what I know, in the very start he tried to bring things to the press and got lectured by Aerton Senna about playing with the press versus settling misunderstandings among themselves like professionals and I think he remembered that lesson for life.
No Internet at that time, information came from the race weekends broadcast and some sport media.
The rest is history. Some times I wonder how fast those years seem to have passed.
Following Michael has brought so much joy and excitement to myself, for which I will always be his supporter.

I have favorites among the young guns and I always put them against Michael's background as he is the measure I use. I like very much Seb Vettel but also think that Hulk has not been given the chance to show himself in a front fighting machinery.

:up:

Very nice sum up - and indeed, no internet at that time....how much better we have it nowadays, to be able to exchange opinions about our favourite sport on a world wide basis!

P.S.: the Hulk looks like a very decent, balanced character.

#1133 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,310 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 20:16

I'd really have to get used to this thread serving around in the not-so-frontpage pages. Gonna miss that.

Yes, that's an apalling shot at resurrecting the thread but who cares anyway :) I hope to see MSC back for one season in 2014 to finish what he tried to start with Merc. Well, whatever, not Merc but another team with a push for the title. He did great this season, disregarding two errors. Let's not forget that.

#1134 DS27

DS27

• 982 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 20:27

:up: I need someone to cheer for next year and I think it may be Hulk. I think he is underrated and will do well - and on top of that he seems like a good guy. I hope he ends up in a Ferrari before too long.

#1135 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,879 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:48

I'd really have to get used to this thread serving around in the not-so-frontpage pages. Gonna miss that.

Yes, that's an apalling shot at resurrecting the thread but who cares anyway :) I hope to see MSC back for one season in 2014 to finish what he tried to start with Merc. Well, whatever, not Merc but another team with a push for the title. He did great this season, disregarding two errors. Let's not forget that.

So it is Michael and threads about him in the doldrums? His performance is not front page news anymore, so this thread is whithering away?

Don't worry, Jejking, MSC has real fans and they will not let him fall down. They will fondly remember him and all the joy he gave them over all those years.

:up: I need someone to cheer for next year and I think it may be Hulk. I think he is underrated and will do well - and on top of that he seems like a good guy. I hope he ends up in a Ferrari before too long.

Yep, Hulkenberg is definitely the guy, but then we do not know how he will behave once he is continuously successful. Also Sebastian was easy going and very likable, but once he became a serial killer his finger started to show and drive people crazy. Or make that: once he became a serial winner his arrogance started to show and once he became a loser his loss of temper started to show.

It is quite interesting, this thing with success and ego: also Michael was much more likable from a human standpoint in his second career than in his first - he showed some real inner development in the last three years.

A driver who is graceful both in victory and defeat is very rare, throughout the whole over 60 years history of the sport.

#1136 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:39

It is important (to me anyway) to realize, that some of us older fans we have hooked up with Michael when he was an unknown entity. It was his driving style that has attracted me, not his fame, which came later, and unexpectedly in spades. Apparently and interestingly enough, the same pattern is emerging with Vettel. After Michael has retired from Ferrari, I lurked around BMW, but if their drivers drove me crazy, their fans (esp. Kubica) on this forum became something else. Once BMW has decided to take another technology related direction instead feeding money to CVC/FOM coffers, Sebastian has became favorite driver of mine, and he is doing not too badly, thank you. It is going to be impossible to forget past twenty years reading front pages, and I surely hope we will hear about Michael Schumacher from time to time.

Edited by Sakae, 16 October 2012 - 05:42.

#1137 sharo

sharo

• 1,768 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:58

Yep, Hulkenberg is definitely the guy, but then we do not know how he will behave once he is continuously successful. Also Sebastian was easy going and very likable, but once he became a serial killer his finger started to show and drive people crazy. Or make that: once he became a serial winner his arrogance started to show and once he became a loser his loss of temper started to show.

It is quite interesting, this thing with success and ego: also Michael was much more likable from a human standpoint in his second career than in his first - he showed some real inner development in the last three years.

A driver who is graceful both in victory and defeat is very rare, throughout the whole over 60 years history of the sport.

I think Vettel's image of being Michael's protegee is dimming your judgement. I have a son the same age as Sebastian and I really don't see any reason why his behavior, even the finger gesture, create so much negative reaction. My only explanation is that it is induced by people's position about another German. I don't see anything out of normal in the behavior of an young guy of current generation. Vettel is not much different than the rest - they all are a product of their time. I think also that for the last 3 years there is a definite change and maturing in Sebastian. The turning point was 2010 when he managed to overcome the psychological crisis in the fight with his teammate and won the title.
Once, Michael was labelled arrogant for being laid back and restrained. Now, you are saying Vettel is also arrogant while he is very different from young Michael - fluent in speaking, quite open and with a demonstrated sense of humor.
I have always insisted that Michael has always been the same, only his domination during his first period attracted a lot of envy and even hatred. Had Mercedes produced a winning car and he was fighting again for a title, I am sure we'd see very different attitude and comments.
And me and you, I guess, ought to always take into account that we may be somewhat lagging behind the times in our assessments of current young drivers.

Edited by sharo, 16 October 2012 - 10:00.

#1138 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,180 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:07

vettel and michael are completely different, michael has achieved his accolades through rigorous training and having a very good car. vettel on the other hand has that extra talent, that extra gift of extracting that last .2 sec in the qualification that michael doesn't have. ever since the ban of in season testing, schumi has suffered, schumi is the kind of driver whose moto is ''practice makes perfect'' while vettel/kimi are the sort of driver that goes like stink in any thing you stick them into ... but don't take my word for it, here is what Jackie stewart had to say while comparing kimi's and michael's comeback ...link

What else are kimi's strengths?

Jackie Stewart: He has a clear head, he knows what he’s doing. Michael took nearly a year in order to get reasonably at the top. Kimi came back and was immidiately there. They are two different personalities. Kimi is a true racer, Michael is not and never was. He had a good car and a good team and drove well. But for Kimi there is more heart and soul in it. I think Kimi is capable of quite a lot.

P.S i am a schumi fan in his mercedes era, i do feel for him and supported him throughout his comeback, so nothing personal :wave:

#1139 dav115

dav115

• 715 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:53

vettel and michael are completely different, michael has achieved his accolades through rigorous training and having a very good car. vettel on the other hand has that extra talent, that extra gift of extracting that last .2 sec in the qualification that michael doesn't have. ever since the ban of in season testing, schumi has suffered, schumi is the kind of driver whose moto is ''practice makes perfect'' while vettel/kimi are the sort of driver that goes like stink in any thing you stick them into ... but don't take my word for it, here is what Jackie stewart had to say while comparing kimi's and michael's comeback ...link

P.S i am a schumi fan in his mercedes era, i do feel for him and supported him throughout his comeback, so nothing personal :wave:

Doesn't explain why he destroyed the regular Jordan drivers at his first F1 test, or why he was dicing with Senna (McLaren) and Mansell (Williams) in his 4th GP in the soaking rain, or why he made the rest of the grid look silly in his comeback race after shattering his leg at Silverstone.

Advertisement

#1140 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:29

Doesn't explain why he destroyed the regular Jordan drivers at his first F1 test, or why he was dicing with Senna (McLaren) and Mansell (Williams) in his 4th GP in the soaking rain, or why he made the rest of the grid look silly in his comeback race after shattering his leg at Silverstone.

Are you kidding me? Come on, you don't have to defend Schumacher!!
People like Steward are not to be taken seriously, just like the person who posted the remark.
People that claim Schumacher is not a true racer are not very bright people, and that's ok.
We need those people to in the world... :lol:

#1141 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:32

vettel and michael are completely different, michael has achieved his accolades through rigorous training and having a very good car. vettel on the other hand has that extra talent, that extra gift of extracting that last .2 sec in the qualification that michael doesn't have.

Ok let´s compare then:

Beforehand: It´seems you define talent as a factor that allows the driver to show his speed even without a longer phase of training or adaption to the specific circumstances (general experience, car, tyres etc.), which MSC obviously needed in your opinion.
So this factor seems to be especially important at the very beginning of their respective carrers. So let´s have a look.

Both had their debuts at the end of the season - so they didn´t have any time to get used to their cars. But Vettel had at least decent milage with the BMW-Sauber before he joined Toro Rosso. MSC on the other hand just drove a few miles in a F1-car before he had his first race.

Vettel was initially slower than his teammate in the first races, but improved and got the better of him in the last few races. He was faster in Qualifying (the discipline in which he has allegedly that extra gift) 3 out of 7 times. His teammate was Vitantonio Luizzi.

MSC was instantly faster than his teammate (although he scored half a point less) - and he was faster 4 out of 5 times in Qualifying.
His teammate was Vitantonio...err sorry NELSON PIQUET.

I´m more and more astonished what a bizarre memory some people have of MSC´s career. "Good worker, but flattered by his car..bla bla bla..." Ok let´s ignore all his success he had in the vastly superior cars - he still would be (at least) a 3xWDC and 2nd best in terms of Pole Positions after Senna and in 2nd best in terms of Wins after Prost (not taking into account that both of them also achieved their stats with excellent machinery...)

Oh and btw. regarding the extra tenths that Vettel allegedly got in Qualifying compared to MSC.:

Out of his 93 F1-races Vettel had to start 26 times behind his teammate so far (very good number indeed).

Do you want know how many races MSC had to attend to, before he was the 26th time behind his teammate in qualifying? 195.

Extra tenth my a**.

Edited by LiJu914, 16 October 2012 - 12:31.

#1142 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:34

:rotfl: :rotfl:

#1143 Fondmetal

Fondmetal

• 143 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:37

Ok let´s compare then:

Beforehand: It´seems you define talent as a factor that allows the driver to show his speed without a longer phase of training or adaption to the specific circumstances (general experience, car, tyres etc.).
So this factor seems to be especially important at the very beginning of their respective carrers. So let´s have a look.

Both had their debuts at the end of the season - so they didn´t have any time to get used to their cars. But Vettels had at least decent milage with the BMW-Sauber before he joined Toro Rosso. MSC on the other hand just drove a few miles in an F1 before he had his first race.

Vettel was initially slower than his teammate in the first three, but improved and got the better of him in the last few races. He was slower in Qualifying (the discipline in which he has allegedly that extra gift) 4 out of 7 times. His teammate was Vitantonio Luizzi.

MSC was instantly faster than his teammate (alotuhg he scored half a point less) - and he was faster 4 out of 5 times in Qualifying.
His teammate was Vitantonio...err sorry NELSON PIQUET.

I´m more and more astonished what a bizarre memory some people have of MSC´s career. "Good worker, but flattered by his car..bla bla bla..." Ok let´s irgnore all his success he had in the vastly superior cars - he still would be (at least) a 3xWDC and 2nd best in terms of Pole Positions after Senna and in 2nd best in terms of Wins after Prost (not taking into account that both of them also achieved their stats with excellent machinery...)

Oh and btw. regarding the extra tenths that Vettel allegedly got in Qualifying compared to MSC.:

Out of his 93 F1-races Vettel had to start 26 times behind his teammate so far (very good number indeed).

Do you want know how many races MSC had to attend to, before he was the 26th behind his teammate in qualifying? 195.

Extra tenth my a**.

Its either the British media, British photographers, ex British F1 drivers who have a thing for MS since the early days. He cannot extract that maximum out of a car? what rubbish, he is not a racer? what rubbish is that, people clearly here are not old enough, or are blinkered by their support and loyalty of D Hill.. or just ignorant.

I suggest you look back to his Benetton days, that Benetton was not the best car, certainly not in 1991, 1992 or 1993. In 1995 the Williams was much better car. Clueless people go and do your research properly before shooting off with things that are not true!

Edited by Fondmetal, 16 October 2012 - 11:40.

#1144 sharo

sharo

• 1,768 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:39

Some times I think that MM might have been right in his view about Stewart :)
Even with this bucket on wheels only last Sunday MS taught some lessons in defensive driving to the much younger drivers around him.
Not a true racer, my a** :)

Edited by sharo, 16 October 2012 - 11:40.

#1145 DS27

DS27

• 982 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:09

Other than people who do not like Michael for his percieved character flaws (none of which I see or agree with) and who will try to stick the knife in at any opportunity, the people who try to diminish his speed or ability surely were not there and watch him when he made his debut. It's the only explanation, isn't it?

I remember being blown away by this new driver and his natural ability, and have not seen anything close since. I think it telling that the people who hold Michael in high regard were generally there since day 1, so have a lot of experience in watching F1

#1146 Massa

Massa

• 4,207 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:18

It's bullshit. Pure Bullshit. If you want to see a true racer, just watch Schumacher 91-93 or Schumacher 1996-2000. Stewart is a fool. He compare Raikkonen come back and Schumacher ? This guy is crazy, Schumacher stop F1 in 2006, came back in 2010, 4 YEARS. Raikkonen stop F1 for TWO years, and was in WRC, he drove Peugeot 908. He was racing. Not Schumacher.

We will see if Raikkonen will be able to have a pole position at Monaco at 43 years old.

Edited by Massa, 16 October 2012 - 12:21.

#1147 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:38

I still see it today, that he is a true racer.
Can't believe we are having this discussion to be hounest.

#1148 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,310 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:42

So it is Michael and threads about him in the doldrums? His performance is not front page news anymore, so this thread is whithering away?

Don't worry, Jejking, MSC has real fans and they will not let him fall down. They will fondly remember him and all the joy he gave them over all those years.

Wait, what?

#1149 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:44

Stewart is an idiot, using him to back up any argument is a waste of time. In Schumacher's first race back he finished a few seconds behind Rosberg, and ahead of two faster cars- a Red Bull(you know the car that won the WDC/WCC) and a McLaren. Schumi didn't really take time to get up to speed, it's just that he was inconsistent as the characteristics of the car didn't suit him. Schumacher might also use the line that he took time to get back up to speed as for him that is probably better than saying that he just wasn't able to adapt to the car as well as Rosberg but I still don't buy it. Pace wise he has been more consistent this year(I don't view Korea as inconsistent as it's just a lack of grip due to Mercedes not having a clue about black round things) as the car suits him better.

Edited by eoin, 16 October 2012 - 12:45.

#1150 TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA

• 142 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 13:43

Stewart is a fool and tremendously jealous of Michael's achievements.

Did old Jackie take into account the fact that Michael was 41 when he came back and hadn't raced a car competitively for 3 years while Kimi is almost 10 years younger and had been racing rally and other series in his time away which was shorter than Michael's (2 years)?

Nevermind that Kimi's car is leagues better than anything MS or Rosberg have had the displeasure of driving the last 3 years. Stewart (like Lauda) is a know-it-all **** that wishes he had a career like Schumacher. Sorry Jackie, you don't!

Edited by TifosiUSA, 16 October 2012 - 13:45.