* * * * - 9 votes

Michael Schumacher - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2749 replies to this topic

#51 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:34

I hope Michael continues to be associated with Mercedes, just like Berger was associated with BMW then Red Bull. Build the team up into a WDC/WCC winning machine.

Berger became BMW motorsport director... but he was a business man too with his own truck company. Can you imagine Michael sitting behind a desk writing emails?

Advertisement

#52 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,369 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:34

I wonder if the reason things are such a mess is because Schumacher was again rushed out of the way. Instead of being left to make up his own mind about retirement, maybe he's decided he's tired of being forced out of F1 and has recently decided to try and get another ride. It would explain why his management seem surprised...

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Sadly i think the very last time we will Michael in action will be at the ROC in Thiland.

#53 Sof1

Sof1

• 597 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:35

Indy_Today ‏@Indy_Today

"I heard some interesting rumors! #Schumacher #F1 #IndyCar"

#54 KavB

KavB

• 1,124 posts

It's quite painful to see the driver who any team would drop both their drivers for in an instant, just to field one car for Michael Schumacher in the 90s and 00s has been forced out, and not been able to announce he has left the team of his own accord.

#55 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Like Alonso in McLaren and Kimi in Ferrari? I guess not.

Alonso acted like a kid. Kimi was super lazy and totally not engaged with Ferrari personnel.
Michael is a 7 times WDC, and known for his hard work.

#56 Skanka

Skanka

• 95 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:36

So Schumacher didn't announce anything yet, which means there are a couple of different possibilities:

1) He wants to keep racing. He's negociating/discussing with Sauber/Ferrari for next year.
2) He's unsure yet of what he wants to do and wants to give himself a little more time of reflexion. Seems unlikely to me, since he must have been aware of this Lewis/Mercedes for a while now.
3) He's planning to retire after this season, but will want to announce it after the Lewis/Mercedes tornado info has eased. Would it make any sense?
4) He stays at Mercedes with a team role of any sort. Seems unlikely again, as it would have been hinted anyhow.

I don't know what to think, but if anything all this make be believe a little bit he's going/willing to carry on racing in F1.

#57 sharo

sharo

• 1,790 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:36

I hope Michael continues to be associated with Mercedes, just like Berger was associated with BMW then Red Bull. Build the team up into a WDC/WCC winning machine.

I hope the opposite. They abused and tarnished his name more than enough and finally chased him out in the most disgusting manner.

#58 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:37

Alonso acted like a kid. Kimi was super lazy and totally not engaged with Ferrari personnel.
Michael is a 7 times WDC, and known for his hard work.

And little bit old. :p

#59 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:37

Some things are contradicting... as usual.

Bernie apparently leaked the Hamilton to Mercedes story via Eddie Jordan. he also leaked Schumacher's retiring story... but now Schumacher's management is saying that his departure from Mercedes is a surprise? So how could he have planned retirement.

I don't think until we see headline confirmation of anything can we be sure.

Right or wrong, some of us assumed after seeing Michael attending young drivers testing, that his mind was future-oriented. It is possible that Hungary and Singapore incidents tilted the decision in unexpected direction. I would not be surprised to learn if in reality he was told much earlier that odds of re-signing him were not in his favour. His body language in Singapore was telling that something is wrong.

Advertisement

#60 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,799 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:38

Right or wrong, some of us assumed after seeing Michael attending young drivers testing, that his mind was future-oriented. It is possible that Hungary and Singapore incidents tilted the decision in unexpected direction. I would not be surprised to learn if in reality he was told much earlier that odds of re-signing him were not in his favour. His body language in Singapore was telling that something is wrong.

Agreed, a few commentators mention this too.

#61 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,369 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:40

Indy_Today ‏@Indy_Today

I am guessing this is a joke tweet? Anybody who knows MSC knows he will never race in that series.

#62 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

His body language in Singapore was telling that something is wrong.

No wonder why he made mistake there, he was thinking for something else than just driving.

Edited by ivand911, 28 September 2012 - 09:40.

#63 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,339 posts

is Schumacher really that unwanted?

-2006 ejected by Ferrari, Luca says: we will always have a seat for Michael. Now Ferrari show no sign of wanting him back.
-2012 ejected by Mercedes to make place for Hamilton.

his contracts run out - a little different than being "ejected" ie. like KR was

#64 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,928 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:43

So Schumacher didn't announce anything yet, which means there are a couple of different possibilities:

1) He wants to keep racing. He's negociating/discussing with Sauber/Ferrari for next year.
2) He's unsure yet of what he wants to do and wants to give himself a little more time of reflexion. Seems unlikely to me, since he must have been aware of this Lewis/Mercedes for a while now.
3) He's planning to retire after this season, but will want to announce it after the Lewis/Mercedes tornado info has eased. Would it make any sense?
4) He stays at Mercedes with a team role of any sort. Seems unlikely again, as it would have been hinted anyhow.

I don't know what to think, but if anything all this make be believe a little bit he's going/willing to carry on racing in F1.

I have the same feeling. It makes no sense to wait till the Hamilton deal is settled to announce his retirement. It would look really stupid. Also I can't believe he did not contact other teams being aware of the whole Hamilton scenario. He recent comments (I am interesting for other big brands) and the talking of his manager to Sauber suggest otherwise..

#65 Sof1

Sof1

• 597 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:43

I am guessing this is a joke tweet? Anybody who knows MSC knows he will never race in that series.

I very highly doubt it, 99.99% not gonna happen. But it was tweeted by this indy blog...they must really want him there hehe

#66 Massa

Massa

• 4,354 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:49

Damn, Mercedes is a real shitty team. Very disrespectful of Schumacher. I have lost all my respect over Brawn. I really hope he will go to Sauber, it would be great for him to have a really good car.

#67 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:54

adamcooperf1 #F1: We could be in the extraordinary situation where the (real) 2012 Monaco pole man wants to race but nobody has a seat for him

Yeah, nice. :rolleyes:

#68 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,369 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:54

Damn, Mercedes is a real shitty team. Very disrespectful of Schumacher. I have lost all my respect over Brawn. I really hope he will go to Sauber, it would be great for him to have a really good car.

Ross Brawn respect has gone from my side as well.

#69 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:55

Things aren't always as they seem. I'd leave such judgements for when all is understood and we as fans, know very little of what's happening behind the scenes. If we get a POV from an inside person, it amounts to that too, only a point of view and we would still be in the dark.

#70 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:56

Indy_Today ‏@Indy_Today

0% IMHO;)

Based on the current situation who thinks that this years failures were just coincidencees?

Edited by Tarzaan, 28 September 2012 - 10:01.

#71 Massa

Massa

• 4,354 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:58

I really hope Ferrari fire Massa for Schumacher, and then Vettel for 2014. Please Monty, do that.

#72 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,339 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:59

How can people lose respect for Ross Brawn - he was "hand in hand" with Michael during his title winning years.

It is not up to Ross Brawn to hold off his announcement until MSC makes any announcement.

#73 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,928 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:00

Things aren't always as they seem. I'd leave such judgements for when all is understood and we as fans, know very little of what's happening behind the scenes. If we get a POV from an inside person, it amounts to that too, only a point of view and we would still be in the dark.

That's a nice comment. Normally I would say let's wait and see what happened behind the scences (if we get certain information). But Mercedes never failed to disappoint in the last years. I give them no shadow of a doubt. They screwed it :down:

#74 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:02

adamcooperf1 #F1: Lot of talk about Michael to Sauber but how about Williams as a left field choice? Toto is ambitious and they share a language...

adamcooperf1 #F1 "Schumacher replaces Senna at Williams Renault" is a headline we thought we'd never see! As we've seen, anything is possible...

This guy is killing me.

Edited by ivand911, 28 September 2012 - 10:03.

#75 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,296 posts

Rob Smedley: "Massa, Schumacher will probably be faster than you. Can you confirm you understood the message?"

#76 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Its pretty strange that MS did not announce his retirement yet when Lewis was announced as his replacement. Something is definitely going on.

#77 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:03

No one finds odd that whilst whole world (well, part of it) is bowing to new God, I do not see anything posted on Sauber F1 site about Perez's impending departure. Perhaps Michael has reached some agreement with Peter Sauber, which will be announced later (today is probably wrong day). I am not necessarilly thinking of driving next year, as much as an investment opportunity with ownership stake in the team.

#78 sharo

sharo

• 1,790 posts

I think it's beyond doubt Michael is not staying with Mercedes. And that's enough for me.

Edited by sharo, 28 September 2012 - 10:03.

#79 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

I think Michael wasn't ready to leave yet, atleast I wasn't ready for Michael to leave yet.
F#@$K you Merc! :mad:

Advertisement

#80 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:04

RB did everything to have Merc staying. He had to present something long term and neither Michael (who wasn't even an option) nor Nico were enough.

Sadly, business is business. That's why EJ got his info from Bernie, probably that's why we had the bad press against Michael recently. Lewis was the prize for Merc to stay long term in F1. Good for them but what a shitty situation.

Personally i have a bitter taste after what happened and while i certainly will despise the team ( and NH) for the way the handled the situation RB certainly hasn't grown in my eyes.

#81 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:04

I think it's beyond doubt Michael is not staying with Mercedes. And that's enough for me.

Yeah, something good come out today.  ;)

#82 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:09

RB did everything to have Merc staying. He had to present something long term and neither Michael (who wasn't even an option) nor Nico were enough.

Sadly, business is business. That's why EJ got his info from Bernie, probably that's why we had the bad press against Michael recently. Lewis was the prize for Merc to stay long term in F1. Good for them but what a shitty situation.

Personally i have a bitter taste after what happened and while i certainly will despise the team ( and NH) for the way the handled the situation RB certainly hasn't grown in my eyes.

I share your sentiment, and simply said good bye to them already today. In the past I shared with others on this forum what I have done with my BMW when they hired a driver, a choice I didn't liked. Precedent was set then.

Edited by Sakae, 28 September 2012 - 10:10.

#83 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 1,480 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:10

When you continue on this train of thought... The announcement was perhaps to be made earlier, but as long as Schumacher was finishing in front of Rosberg, they couldn't.

#84 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,928 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:14

In the end.

Schumacher told Mercedes he wants to make his decision in october. We heard between the lines that RB was not satisfied. When I recall an interview from earlier on Norbert or RB said they must find a decision in the next few weeks (it was August). Michael refused that and Mercedes started to begin the deal with Hamilton. In the end they were running out of time and they were forced to settle the Hamilton deal because of McLaren and Sauber.

Perhaps Schumacher thought he will enough time to make up his mind. Mercedes just decided to sack him. I have the feeling something was wrong in their communiaction

Edited by 1Devil1, 28 September 2012 - 10:15.

#85 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:18

his contracts run out - a little different than being "ejected" ie. like KR was

That is even worse... Schumi loses out on 25 Million if you know what I mean. :wave:

As for your dig at KR, looks like you haven't watched 2012 season and who's 3rd in the Drivers WDC. Not bad for an ejected driver with zero motivation coming back after two years.;)

Edited by BackOnTop, 28 September 2012 - 10:20.

#86 Determined

Determined

• 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:18

Schumacher will replace Massa, trust me on this!

#87 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:19

They didn't sack him, they just didn't sign new contract. It is little late now to think who and where made mistake. If MS wanted to race for MGP, he should sign contract 2-3 months ago. Still they could kick him out/buy out if they decided to sign Lewis.

#88 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,199 posts

This is a PR disaster for Merc. The way they handled it. Just check out the reactions on their FB page: http://www.facebook....EDESAMGPETRONAS

#89 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,339 posts

1Devil1

how did Mercedes sack him - is Lewham replacing him next race/

His contract expired. It wasn't renewed. A sacking is what Ferrari did to Kimi

#90 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,339 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:20

That is even worse... Schumi loses out on 25 Million if you know what I mean. :wave:

As for your dig at KR, looks like you haven't watched 2012 season and who's 3rd in the Drivers WDC. Not bad for an ejected driver with zero motivation coming back after two years.;)

here was the dig at KR??????? I was explainig the difference between a contract expiring and someone being sacked. Kimi was sacked - it's not a dig at all Sensitive or what!

#91 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:21

I know what you mean , he will have 700 and not 725 millions? Still KR was ejected, and lucky returning to very good car.

#92 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 1,480 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:22

1Devil1

You don't tell you want to keep a driver and the next thing you get something else and you keep the slower of the two current drivers.

#93 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,928 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:23

1Devil1

it's no sacking. but it feels like after all was said (announcement in october, "Michael is great driver", he will probably stay in a another role

#94 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:24

It seems the facebook commenters doesn't like this Merc move:

http://www.facebook....EDESAMGPETRONAS

They didn't sack him, they just didn't sign new contract. It is little late now to think who and where made mistake. If MS wanted to race for MGP, he should sign contract 2-3 months ago. Still they could kick him out/buy out if they decided to sign Lewis.

Maybe you are right, but after the first half of this season you wrote that contract?

Edited by Tarzaan, 28 September 2012 - 10:27.

#95 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 1,480 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:25

Funny thing is that everything Mercedes constantly does is turning gold into lead. The news is not Hamilton coming, but bumping MS, especially when you gave him a crap car.

#96 dave34m

dave34m

• 498 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:28

That didnt work too well when he tried that at Ferrari

#97 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:29

I know what you mean , he will have 700 and not 725 millions? Still KR was ejected, and lucky returning to very good car.

Wow, you guys are serious or what. You are quick to forget Nico "SLOW" Rosberg scored multiple podiums in the 2010 Mercedes. Also, KR was ejected because he was slow, but Schumi is ejected because of team incompetence/politics etc etc. :rolleyes: Talk about double standards.

Kimi is not lucky to have a good car... but talented enough to take a good car to positions it doesn't belong = 3rd in the WDC Standings.

I know it's hard for Msc fans right now, but taking a dig at Kimi is not going to help.

Edited by BackOnTop, 28 September 2012 - 10:31.

#98 Massa

Massa

• 4,354 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:32

The truth face of MGP and the main reason for the lack of success! Ferrari provides more support to Massa than MGP to his best driver. Hope Schumacher takes Ferraris life time option and comes back with a competitive car next to Alonso. This would be embarrassing for Mercedes. The come back of Mercedes in F1 didn´t work and now they are looking for the most famous head to cut and take the blame for them. Shame on you Mercedes!
http://www.facebook....EDESAMGPETRONAS

Exactly my thought

Edited by Massa, 28 September 2012 - 10:32.

#99 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:38

What do you think, how muck support will MS get in the next few races (from the Merc Team)?

Advertisement

#100 penta1998

penta1998

• 39 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:40

What do you think, how muck support will MS get in the next few races (from the Merc Team)?

Heh, with the support of the team, the DRS failed to close, the rear tyre fell off, the gear box failed etc. Now expect all these things to happen at the same moment :mad:

Edited by penta1998, 28 September 2012 - 10:41.