You.

Mercedes.

Advertisement

#1952 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,596 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:25

Yes.

I think I understand. That upgrade gets the tyres up to their optimum temp in no-time (like: better, compared to Rosberg) but burns straight through them over a race distance. That would be my guess.

actually, I think its the opposite. The old config heated these tyres better, while the the new one could not heat them up.

#1953 MSCDesign

MSCDesign

• 112 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:44

Please rain at Brazil. Please my last wish.

#1954 AJFIN

AJFIN

• 117 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:47

It will by the looks of it. :love:

#1955 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:57

I am afraid even if it rains in Brazil it won't change a thing. Pathological inability to have tires in the right window of operation will be there regardless. Remember what happened to NR in Malaysia.

Edited by exmayol, 18 November 2012 - 21:58.

#1956 MSCDesign

MSCDesign

• 112 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 21:59

I am afraid even if it rains in Brazil it won't change a thing. Pathological inability to have tires in the right window of operation will be there regardless. Remember what happened to NR in Malaysia.

to both.

#1957 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 22:03

to both.

True but NR had it to a much greater extent, somewhat like MSC today.

Edited by exmayol, 18 November 2012 - 22:04.

#1958 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 608 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 22:06

At least the W02 was only about overheating! :p
I serioulsy don't understand the situation anymore. In Melbourne it was overheating, in Malaysia underheating but luckily for Michael they pitted Nico first to find out, then we had Nico again not being able to warm his tires in raining conditions. I can't understand what their exhausts do and what they try to accomplish with that rear end. And still looking for that extra downforce at the rear end. And today even with low fuel Michael's car couldn't get in the operating window. Ofc all this is really hard to nail but MGP is the only team that keeps getting at least one driver's set up totally wrong.

#1959 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 1,723 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 22:13

:cry:

Really sad to witness Schumi having to deal with a car that is utter dog dirt and not being able to do anything about it.

Advertisement

#1960 Paa

Paa

• 65 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 22:14

I don't want to ruin the party, but I'm not sure what you guys are expecting from the rain. This s**tbox car will be just as c**p as it is now, it is not like it will have suddenly more downforce or whatever.
Of course Schu can gain some places with rain, but you need at least a semi-decent car for the magic.

#1961 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,283 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 22:27

I don't want to ruin the party, but I'm not sure what you guys are expecting from the rain. This s**tbox car will be just as c**p as it is now, it is not like it will have suddenly more downforce or whatever.
Of course Schu can gain some places with rain, but you need at least a semi-decent car for the magic.

At least he has an opportunity to beat the crap out of Rosberg.

#1962 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,413 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 22:31

...yeah, why are people thinking rain will help either the W03 chassis or Schumacher?

#1963 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 22:31

ohh it really really would!! a podium with any other 2 would be awesome.

But.. I'm not getting my hopes up, I've fallen for that too many times this season, I'm just expecting his race pace to be poor and the car to drop back and back all race.

You see how is better to not be a foolish and expect the impossible from Mercedes.

Happened what was perfectly predictable. Schumi getting passed left, right and center and all old team's cars being miles quicker. When you qualify high with a dog of a car, you'll be a train leader in the race, it's a no-brainer

#1964 Igorr

Igorr

• 221 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 22:33

the only place where Schumi will win this year is the ROC where everyone has an identical car.

#1965 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,283 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 22:34

You see how is better to not be a foolish and expect the impossible from Mercedes.

Happened what was perfectly predictable. Schumi getting passed left, right and center and all old team's cars being miles quicker. When you qualify high with a dog of a car, you'll be a train leader in the race, it's a no-brainer

Don't forget DRS.

#1966 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,237 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:19

Schumacher ought to not take the car Mercedes wants to gift him at the end of the season. What is he going to do with it anyway? Everytime he is going to see it he is going to think about the comeback ruined by Mercedes and the fools in Brackley.

#1967 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:24

Schumacher ought to not take the car Mercedes wants to gift him at the end of the season. What is he going to do with it anyway? Everytime he is going to see it he is going to think about the comeback ruined by Mercedes and the fools in Brackley.

I hope one day MSC or RB or whoever close to the inside can write some sort of memoirs shedding some light on these 3 years.

#1968 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,771 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:28

Ah well, at least he's not forgotten how to 'squeeze' his fellow competitors....

#1969 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,237 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:29

I hope one day MSC or RB or whoever close to the inside can write some sort of memoirs shedding some light on these 3 years.

Its no secret. This team is essentially slow old Tyrrell, then turning BAR: millions pumped into it without success, then becoming HONDA: millions pumped into it without success, then BRAWN: fluke Championship win by finding a loop hole, quickly losing there pace advantage, thenbecoming Mercedes: millions pumped into it without success.

This is what happened. They are Tyrrell in disguise, and no matter how much money you throw at it... deep down it remains Tyrrell forever.

Edited by Kucki, 19 November 2012 - 00:32.

#1970 black magic

black magic

• 3,835 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:33

How does brawn keep his job given an unprecidented slide down the rankings over the year. From gp winner to 8th ahead only of the minnows and getting worse too

#1971 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:45

Its no secret. This team is essentially slow old Tyrrell, then turning BAR: millions pumped into it without success, then becoming HONDA: millions pumped into it without success, then BRAWN: fluke Championship win by finding a loop hole, quickly losing there pace advantage, thenbecoming Mercedes: millions pumped into it without success.

This is what happened. They are Tyrrell in disguise, and no matter how much money you throw at it... deep down it remains Tyrrell forever.

Remaining Tyrrel in disguise is not an explanation. After all RBR did not remain Jaguar forever. It'd be very interesting to hear insider comparison between MGP and Ferrari operation, for example. A reader then can draw many more conclusions.

#1972 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 2,678 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:48

Don't Diss Tyrrell, Tyrrell were a superb team run by a true legend of F1, and they WON their first full season in F1!

#1973 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 730 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 00:55

Lord, what a nightmare this race was. Did they manage to beat the new teams?

#1974 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,716 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:02

Ah well, at least he's not forgotten how to 'squeeze' his fellow competitors....

he knows how to race very hard. he just can't race a shopping cart

#1975 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,287 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:06

yep fantastic racing, which is what it's all about

#1976 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:25

yep fantastic racing, which is what it's all about

Hard yet clean. What's not to like? However idiots in speed channel started calling MSC ruthless and were expecting stewards to look into this squeezing maneuver. I am so glad JB took it like a man and did not follow RB path of whining and all...

#1977 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,287 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:20

guess we have a few in this forum that don't like hard racing either....was great racing by both of them - especially Button

#1978 AJFIN

AJFIN

• 117 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:42

Yes, it was hard but fair and I think Button would agree. It's interesting that when MSC goes wheel to wheel with the more experienced guys (Ferrari/RBR/McLaren drivers/Räikkönen), they pretty much never crash or even touch. But when MSC fights against Maldonado, Grosjean, Petrov and the like, there are always parts flying around.

#1979 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:00

Yes, it was hard but fair and I think Button would agree. It's interesting that when MSC goes wheel to wheel with the more experienced guys (Ferrari/RBR/McLaren drivers/Räikkönen), they pretty much never crash or even touch. But when MSC fights against Maldonado, Grosjean, Petrov and the like, there are always parts flying around.

When anyone fights with them including themselves, there are always parts flying around. It's not only MSC.

What a horrendous race. I've never seen such a fall down the order before and it's not from mechanical problems. We saw it with Kimi in Malaysia, I think, but that was down to tires that were DEAD. Michael started plummeting from lap 4 or so.

Either the first stint tires were faulty or they cheated parc ferme. :(

Advertisement

#1980 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,237 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:28

Remaining Tyrrel in disguise is not an explanation. After all RBR did not remain Jaguar forever. It'd be very interesting to hear insider comparison between MGP and Ferrari operation, for example. A reader then can draw many more conclusions.

Red Bull got Adrian Newey. The man is the greatest genious since Colin Chapman. With Newey the Mercedes team would not be were they are. You need something truly special to beat the likes of Ferrari and Mclaren. Mercees doesnt have that. They are essentially Tyrrell painted in silver.

I dont want to diss Tyrrell or Ken Tyrrell at all, but there average pace in the latter years and development pace, that is the heart of Mercedes F1. They share the same DNA.

#1981 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:39

Michael comeback is unforgettable. :lol: Who can forget that.
Who can blame him for not signing with the team earlier? Even today if the place was free, he would be looking more for retirement than resigning with MGP.
Right now he is looking forward to jump out of the car after Brazil race and not to look back. And to forget(not easy to do).

Edited by ivand911, 19 November 2012 - 08:50.

#1982 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,532 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:20

Thank god Michael is leaving. I have a strong feeling next years Merc will be an even bigger dog than this one. He is best off going away to enjoy his horses and not look back. The Brazilian GP 2006 felt 'too soon' and I watched the whole thing counting down the laps until the end. This year the end will feel merciful, its sad to watch a great driver trying to work with such poor machinery. Actually 2 great drivers, as I respect Nico's speed and his career is being dragged down the shitter by Merc. At least Michael had a career.

#1983 rallye3

rallye3

• 58 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:42

Well he does live next to a huge lake in Switzerland. I think he might just leave the handbrake off.

I had high hopes for yesterday, but that was so painful to watch. In, the opening laps it almost looked like he was in a different formula, and still Mercedes "understand " nothing.
The only positive is that Schumi must know for certain that he has made the right decision

#1984 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 21:19

Please, leave Maldonado out of this, because I don't remember he ever doing anything idiotic against Schumi, unlike Perez, Grosjean, Bruno Senna...

#1985 joshb

joshb

• 3,191 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 21:51

I thought maybe, ust maybe, he would have a decent race and a good one before he goes, but it was embarrassing watching him go down the order, 3 secs off the leading pace.
I really hope he can have a fitting sendoff in Brazil- would be so sh!t if the greatest of all time ended with 7 straight non-scores

#1986 schubacca

schubacca

• 795 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 22:15

Thank god Michael is leaving. I have a strong feeling next years Merc will be an even bigger dog than this one. He is best off going away to enjoy his horses and not look back. The Brazilian GP 2006 felt 'too soon' and I watched the whole thing counting down the laps until the end. This year the end will feel merciful, its sad to watch a great driver trying to work with such poor machinery. Actually 2 great drivers, as I respect Nico's speed and his career is being dragged down the shitter by Merc. At least Michael had a career.

That car is utter crap.

And as laughable as the car is, the excuses that the team are offering are even more pathetic.

When FA is saying that MS in the Sauber wins 3 races, he really is not kidding.

It is all just one big shame that this joke of a team could not give a legend like MS a decent car.

LH should savour his win, it might be a while before another one comes.....

#1987 schubacca

schubacca

• 795 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 22:19

The best that I can hope for Brazil is for Ferrari to throw a nice party for MS.

...and for MS to ditch Mercs last chance to cash in on the MS name, and wreck some hotel rooms or something... :D

#1988 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,283 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 13:19

Why the quotation marks and the negative undertone? He did everything right, in his right.

I thought maybe, ust maybe, he would have a decent race and a good one before he goes, but it was embarrassing watching him go down the order, 3 secs off the leading pace.
I really hope he can have a fitting sendoff in Brazil- would be so sh!t if the greatest of all time ended with 7 straight non-scores

The pace was SHOCKING in the US GP.

Video:

After a good five corners he's already a second behind. Temperatures must have went crazy in those tyres.

Btw: Stats are against him, at least for a podium finish. Every 'goodbye' drive so far up until 1993 of a WDC ended up P4 or worse. Alain Prost got 2nd in his last GP but the rest fell off the podium. Not sure what to expect next week, I hope he gives everybody some hair raising moments for the final time when duking it out for a good bunch of points, coming out victorious to whoever he is racing. He deserves that, really.

Edited by Jejking, 20 November 2012 - 13:19.

#1989 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 13:23

A podium in that car, I don´t think so.

#1990 ali_M

ali_M

• 1,115 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 13:40

A podium in that car, I don´t think so.

We can only hope for a points finish, but I doubt that will be the case either.

I just hope that he finishes the race and does so safely.

One more to go Michael! :)

#1991 MSCDesign

MSCDesign

• 112 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 22:52

More rain predicted?

http://www.climatemp...558/saopaulo-sp

#1992 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,002 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:12

Really hope it rains...

Maybe Schu has one last magic in him... Only if it rains.

#1993 Igorr

Igorr

• 221 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:24

if he gets a podium in brasil with this "car" he will just remind everyone that he is the GREATEST EVER.

#1994 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:42

I hope he can at least get Suzuka-like race, where he had enough speed to advance rather than to fall back.

#1995 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 3,163 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:43

At least it would match his 7 WDCs... :p

In all seriousness, hoping all the best for Michael in his last race. A win would be incredibly nice (as long as it didn't screw up the championship, of course :p), but I think that would be setting expectations unrealistically high.

#1996 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,002 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:52

if he gets a podium in brasil with this "car" he will just remind everyone that he is the GREATEST EVER.

Absolutely. Pole at Monaco, and a victory in this car which is worse than the 1996 Ferrari, would be icing on his legendary career.

Edited by George Costanza, 21 November 2012 - 04:53.

#1997 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,849 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:47

Michael comeback is unforgettable. :lol: Who can forget that.

I certainly will not forget his comeback!

Why are you laughing, Ivan?

#1998 z2z

z2z

• 295 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:25

We can only hope for a points finish, but I doubt that will be the case either.

I just hope that he finishes the race and does so safely.

One more to go Michael! :)

:up:

Posted Image

#1999 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,287 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:18

if I recall correctly - a number of the teams had a similar message to him on his first retirement...was a nice touch that you don't see very often..maybe he was respected more than some in here would like to believe.

Edited by Raelene, 22 November 2012 - 02:21.

Advertisement

#2000 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:54

A great, illustrious career of F1's most popular and recognizable driver is coming to an end, and I'm afraid, with this car, we'll probably not even see enough of him on TV at Brazil. Who are you guys kidding ? The car is terrible, it may have been good in the rain up until midway through the season, but the car has fallen backwards quite rapidly for you Schu fans to even expect a top 5 finish.

Firstly all the action will be concentrated around the likes of Vettel and Alonso in that battle, and we'll have Michael struggling to get grip or hold position against Force India and Williams. A most unremarkable end to a remarkable career.

I think he'll still have a nice broad smile on his face, that its all over. The nightmare of driving for this team is finally done, and he can finally do what he really should have been doing all these 3 years instead of struggling in a rank midfield car and a mediocre team.

Good Bye MS ! You will be missed.