* * * * - 9 votes

Michael Schumacher - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2749 replies to this topic

#2301 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 21:30

So much emotions from today. How to sleep now?  ;) Deserving result for Michael in the last race. Me Happy.

Advertisement

#2302 sharo

sharo

• 1,772 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 21:31

Michael simply balanced the scales after Massa let Alonso in front of him. Nothing more and nothing less.
Only cucumbers tangle in the way in the season last and title deciding race.

#2303 skonks

skonks

• 925 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 22:00

With your first retirement in 2006 it felt like the link with the childhood was "gone".

Indeed it was not the envisioned return but it all highlighted some of the qualities that lifted Michael: dedication, determination and team work.

It is fate's irony that Michael was only lucky when he didn't need it and it was really unfortunate that due to those Crapcedes we never got the chance to see what he was capable of. On his day, even at 43, he could turn back the clock and still deliver the magic! That quite says it all :)

Nobody can wrestle fate and Michael kept his head up proving to be humble in his defeat.

The return hasn't diminished his legacy, on the contrary it just showed how hard is to piece everything together for reaching success and the enormous achievements he's accomplished.

Thank you very much Michael for all the good/bad memories, for all the emotions that engulfed me in these years!!! :wave:

PS: I'm eager seeing you at the ROC (hopefully there won't be need for a hammer to close-up the rear wing  ;) )

#2304 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 641 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 22:20

Nice pic I came across:

Posted Image

#2305 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,464 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 22:42

A symbolic picture from Brazil

Posted Image

#2306 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,371 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 23:58

Still slightly sad :(

#2307 schumimercamg

schumimercamg

• 315 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 00:20

Still slightly sad :(

Me too. I miss him and Formula 1 already.

#2308 exmayol

exmayol

• 554 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:11

Good result but I'm sure most of us hoped for a bit of miracle in the rain, despite all common sense, especially when he started making some ground after SC. Still it would be a shame to complain about today given the extra pit stop in the beginning of the race.

Now we can sit back, enjoy the memories and smile as LH / NR fans keep getting frustrated about MGP 2013 ;)

Edited by exmayol, 26 November 2012 - 02:11.

#2309 Junky

Junky

• 277 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:25

doesn't really matter since schumi finished in front :D

With all due respect, you are being as pathetic as Mercedes AMG F1 Team. Schumacher at the time of the overtake was 2(!) seconds off the pace of Vettel!!

#2310 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,309 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:36

I'm sorry but letting Vettel through was shameful. I would expect it from other drivers, but not from Michael.

Well, Michael didn't want do what DC did to him in Spa 1998... So he had to let Seb through.

Edited by George Costanza, 26 November 2012 - 03:36.

#2311 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,309 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:38

Nice pic I came across:

Posted Image

That's pretty good. B192 was a lovely car to see.

#2312 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:01

With all due respect, you are being as pathetic as Mercedes AMG F1 Team. Schumacher at the time of the overtake was 2(!) seconds off the pace of Vettel!!

He is talking about Michael finishing in front of Kimi, after Kimi overtake him? What are you talking about?

#2313 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,739 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:13

He is talking about Michael finishing in front of Kimi, after Kimi overtake him? What are you talking about?

he;s got pathetic issues :)

#2314 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,371 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 13:00

Keep it civil guys..

#2315 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 13:01

That's pretty good. B192 was a lovely car to see.

That´s the B191.

They introduced the B192 in Spain.

#2316 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 14:10

http://motorsport.ne...il-race/023.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...il-race/072.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...il-race/096.jpg
Posted Image
http://motorsport.ne...il-race/231.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...il-race/316.jpg
http://motorsport.ne...il-race/319.jpg
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2317 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,997 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 14:11

Nice pic I came across:

Posted Image

Thanks for posting - it's great to see that Michael did not lose any of his energy, application and dedication over 20 years.

#2318 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 14:18

Critics might say, he never learned a proper braking technique in 20 years.

#2319 Wade

Wade

• 426 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 14:40

I was secretly hoping for a miracle win/podium, but what he achieved yesterday, that was the maximum.

See ya around Michael! Thanks for everything.

Advertisement

#2320 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 15:35

interview with bild:

http://www.bild.de/s...51248.bild.html

- he doesn´t think a lack of money or a small budget was the reason for the lack of success
- main problem still is and was the aerodynamic. that issue could not be solved for 3 years now and the development was not the same as other teams.
- he still doesn´t know if these issue can be solved in the future
- Ferrari was different. The time, the people, the structure of the team. Todt, Brawn, Byrne and him, it was exceptional and they never came close to that point at Mercedes.
- he´ll never drive F1 again, nor IndyCar or Nascar but doesn´t rule out others.

Urawa thanks very much for this particular one and for all the other stuff from german media that you brought to us(the rest of the fans who doesn't follow it) :up:

Hope WEC is coming the way :)

#2321 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 16:04

Michael Schumacher Tribute - When Words Are Not Enough

#2322 Paco

Paco

• 1,208 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 16:58

A big part of me wants to see him back in 2014... But accept it's probably the end. I don't think he has any reason to stop unless he wants too but I just don't see that he wants to with what he's said and how he was performing this year..

Take a breather and come back Schumi!

#2323 BiH

BiH

• 2,311 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:07

So Michael going to stay with Mercedes as ambassador.

Guess that article from few months ago was spot on.

Wonder if Mercedes will get him to try DTM or maybe Schumacher will help develop AMG road cars.

#2324 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 17:51

All my dear friends who are Schumi fans, as me, please keep visiting this thread, during next years, or at least everytime there is something to talk about Schumi

I say this to Ivand, Sharo, Pollifanatic, Jejking, MikeTekRacing, F1ultimate, Paa, Pits, Longtimefan, RedBaron, Spacekid, Scotracer, Lelouch, Sakae, Vic Vega and many others who have posted here throughtout all this last years

Let's keep in touch, guys  ;)

#2325 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 18:10

All my dear friends who are Schumi fans, as me, please keep visiting this thread, during next years, or at least everytime there is something to talk about Schumi

I say this to Ivand, Sharo, Pollifanatic, Jejking, MikeTekRacing, F1ultimate, Paa, Pits, Longtimefan, RedBaron, Spacekid, Scotracer, Lelouch, Sakae, Vic Vega and many others who have posted here throughtout all this last years

Let's keep in touch, guys ;)

Nice touch, thanks beta  ;)

Well I'll be back for race of champions!!!!! Only 3 weeks to wait for that. After that I think the racing really will be all over, but its something I'm looking forward to.

#2326 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:12

Because we Michael fans are nice people , I say lets find a driver to cheer about for next year. Will be not the same like Schumi , never will be , but life goes on. If Michael start racing in something else we can follow him there too. I plan to keep an eye over Hulk, he impressed me a lot since A1 and GP2. He is fast , but not very humble. And Michael was not humble when he enter F1. I see Hulk as fresh start.
Also in the race for the title this year I supported Vettel. I guess not many MS fans supported Alonso.
It is kind of hard not to support German driver after Michael.
I know that every driver you support will worth that. And we know who we are, I will not forget those 3 years.
This forum/Michael threads was something special for me.

Edited by ivand911, 26 November 2012 - 19:21.

#2327 spacekid

spacekid

• 2,678 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:24

Because we Michael fans are nice people , I say lets find a driver to cheer about for next year. Will be not the same like Schumi , never will be , but life goes on. If Michael start racing in something else we can follow him there too. I plan to keep an eye over Hulk, he impressed me a lot since A1 and GP2. He is fast , but not very humble. And Michael was not humble when he enter F1.
Also in the race for the title this year I supported Vettel. I guess not many MS fans supported Alonso.
I know that every driver you support will worth that. And we know who we are, I will not forget those 3 years.

After Michael retired in 2006 I chose Kubica to follow the next year, as I really liked him in '06. It wasn't quite the same, but now he is gone...

I'll be supporting Nico Rosberg next year!!!!

No seriously folks, I'll be following Alonso, so Ivan we will be on opposite sides! All in good fun though, I like Vettel and was happy for him to win this year, he drove well. I'm also becoming something of a Maldonado fan. The guy is a bit of a maniac, which doesn't really work for me, but I like his raw speed. I am looking forward to keeping an eye on him and seeing if he can be as fast as I think he can.

So there are plenty of drivers to keep an eye on and cheer for, though deep down I'll never really care. Still, it helps to keep the sport interesting I suppose, and in a lot of ways I found supporting Kubica in 2007-2009 quite relaxing as it was nice when he did well, but hardly devastating if he didn't.

#2328 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:48

For sure! We have the ROC comming up, after that the speculation starts on what he is going to do next.
The man is a racer and always will be, he can't do simply nothing.
Maybe Le mans is something for him?

#2329 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:51

While I never posted much in this thread I have to say that it the post of many guys here seemed more mature and sensible then in most other threads.

I will certainly miss Schumi a lot, what an age and a good part of my F1 live. :up:

#2330 spinster

spinster

• 597 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 19:56

While I never posted much in this thread I have to say that it the post of many guys here seemed more mature and sensible then in most other threads.

I will certainly miss Schumi a lot, what an age and a good part of my F1 live. :up:

They would better put Schummie near Kimi now that would be awesome...

And sponsoring enough for Lotus when Michael joins

#2331 Lelouch

Lelouch

• 608 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 20:05

I don't think i can stand to support any other top driver especially now that i'm reading this forum on a regular basis because in all honesty when comparisons with Schumi begin i will rage quit from that driver's thread. I find it hard to follow Vettel he is nothing like Schumi imo and I can't follow any driver who has talked disrespectfully about Schumi. That pretty much leaves most of them out including the one i consider the best around atm, Alonso. As a Mclaren fan I'm not pleased with their line up for 2013 so I think I will be cheering for guys like Kimi ( as i did in 2007 ), Bottas and Hulk. Maybe even Maldonado because he has the pace. Even more possibly I will be rooting for half the grid to try to fill the gap in vain... Unfortunately i find it really hard to accept that all the great things end eventually. I thought this time i would be able to accept his retirement without hoping for a comeback but it's impossible for me. It's so much when he is around..

As for the thread I'm pretty sure we will keep it active one way or another since Schumi fans are pretty great overall and also I expect a trollfest in case Hamilton dominates Rosberg or vice versa next year! :p

Good luck in ROC! :D

#2332 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 2,881 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 20:30

I don't think i can stand to support any other top driver especially now that i'm reading this forum on a regular basis because in all honesty when comparisons with Schumi begin i will rage quit from that driver's thread. I find it hard to follow Vettel he is nothing like Schumi imo and I can't follow any driver who has talked disrespectfully about Schumi. That pretty much leaves most of them out including the one i consider the best around atm, Alonso. As a Mclaren fan I'm not pleased with their line up for 2013 so I think I will be cheering for guys like Kimi ( as i did in 2007 ), Bottas and Hulk. Maybe even Maldonado because he has the pace. Even more possibly I will be rooting for half the grid to try to fill the gap in vain... Unfortunately i find it really hard to accept that all the great things end eventually. I thought this time i would be able to accept his retirement without hoping for a comeback but it's impossible for me. It's so much when he is around..

As for the thread I'm pretty sure we will keep it active one way or another since Schumi fans are pretty great overall and also I expect a trollfest in case Hamilton dominates Rosberg or vice versa next year! :p

Good luck in ROC! :D

I agree with this.

Also no other driver as of yet has fired my excitement like Michael did.

#2333 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • In the running for best OP of 2014

• 3,297 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 20:32

Hope WEC is coming the way :)

Would absolutely love to see this. Racing (and possibly wnning) for Audi would be a great way to stick it to Mercedes... :smoking:

Edited for grammar... posting on a Kindle isn't the easiest thing in the world, lol.

Edited by Afterburner, 27 November 2012 - 05:54.

#2334 baddog

baddog

• 23,370 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 20:50

I have a very high opinion of a lot of them, Raikkonen may be my favourite of what remains, Vettel is amusing, Alonso i think so highly of but dont LIKE, Lewis like Alonso but I really really dont like his attitude etc etc.. but yeah no-one has what Michael had. Not at all.

#2335 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 641 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 20:50

I'd love to have the reasons to come back here as often as possible. Cheers!

Regarding "Michael - replacements", that's something you can't just artificially choose. A driver either grows on you, or he doesn't, I guess.

Edited by PoliFanAthic, 26 November 2012 - 20:52.

#2336 sharo

sharo

• 1,772 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 21:16

As Ivan said, there is a choice of young drivers. I already supported Vettel not only this year, But Hülkenberg is also worth keeping an eye on.
Thinking now I have yet another favorite from the older generation - Kimi. He's unique, no other character like him and I like him very much. Maybe I'll root for him now that Seb has 3 WDC in a row.
But the top spot on my podium is always for Michael. :)

#2337 PedroR

PedroR

• 97 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 21:41

Bye bye Michael...and please Don't come back

#2338 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 21:51

He won't, though I'll still pray for Grosjean, Massa, Webber and STR duo to screw up '13 so someone comes knocking on his door.

Fave Schumster vid:-

Edited by DutchCruijff, 26 November 2012 - 22:01.

#2339 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,371 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:15

Out of curiosity, what makes you wish he won't come back?

Advertisement

#2340 schumimercamg

schumimercamg

• 315 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 23:19

The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

#2341 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,332 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:22

might just head off to Bangkok in a few weeks to see him nice and relaxed and having some fun.

#2342 skinnylizard

skinnylizard

• 9,636 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:46

didnt want to start a separate thread for this. Autosport hints at MS having a role at Mercedes.. just wondering.. wont he have stronger ties with Ferrari to do something like that.

Or is it because Todt & Brawn are gone, his comfort zone there is gone too?

#2343 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,371 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:20

didnt want to start a separate thread for this. Autosport hints at MS having a role at Mercedes.. just wondering.. wont he have stronger ties with Ferrari to do something like that.

Or is it because Todt & Brawn are gone, his comfort zone there is gone too?

Todt & Brawn were gone after 2007 and 2006 respectively, yet Schumacher stayed on up until 2010 when he signed for Merc. I think his ties won't be completely broken but a move within Merc is more likely.

#2344 BetaVersion

BetaVersion

• 689 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 15:12

Because we Michael fans are nice people , I say lets find a driver to cheer about for next year. Will be not the same like Schumi , never will be , but life goes on. If Michael start racing in something else we can follow him there too. I plan to keep an eye over Hulk, he impressed me a lot since A1 and GP2. He is fast , but not very humble. And Michael was not humble when he enter F1. I see Hulk as fresh start.

exactly my thoughts there in bold, Ivan :) ;)

I kind of already choosed some guys throughout this year.

As with Spacekid, Maldonado grew on me because of his raw speed and I love his attitude of "yeah, I'm starting 3rd, so what?" :lol:

When he was interviewed in the grid of Barcelona, he was asked if he would settle for a podium or if did he thought about winning it, then Pastor quickly asnswered: "No, no. I'm gonna go for the win!" :rotfl: That's what I'm talking about :up:

Again as Spacekid, I supported Kubica too from 2006 untill he was fit to F1. If he ever returns, then he'll be my second favourite again, behind MSC.

After Grosjean ruined MSC's races 2 times early in the year, I started to hate him but then as the year went by, he grew on me with his speed and I think I'll supporting him too.

Edited by BetaVersion, 27 November 2012 - 15:14.

#2345 Fildischum

Fildischum

• 72 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 15:18

michael lured me to watch F1 so it would be really hard for me to follow anyone just for the sake if following and supporting someone. on his first retirement, i did follow felipe but the passion for michael was never really there. i want to watch F1 without michael but i just cant. this thread really makes me feel like all michael's fan are just closed by even though we are countries apart and have different languages. so, lets all stick around and follow michael wherever he goes and does.

#2346 sheepgobba

sheepgobba

• 1,092 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 15:21

Shouldn't have retired imo, tarnished his legacy somewhat. But I think his career will be mainly judged on Schumacher V1 and not grandfather Schumacher.

#2347 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 20:57

Shouldn't have retired imo, tarnished his legacy somewhat. But I think his career will be mainly judged on Schumacher V1 and not grandfather Schumacher.

No he didn't, Mercedes tarnished there legacy somewhat... ;)
Schumacher showed us that even when he has a bad car, he still gives everything.
He wouldn't judge/blame the team even if he had right to do so.

#2348 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 2,881 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 21:04

Out of curiosity, what makes you wish he won't come back?

He's scared of what Michael would do if he actually got a seat in a competitive car.

...and well they should be. :cool:

#2349 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,239 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 21:43

2014 @ Ferrari: Schumacher and Vettel

#2350 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 23:16

May I take it as a compliment? (I was actually the guy who started the original "Michael - person and a racer" thread upon his return...) :p