Michael Schumacher - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2749 replies to this topic

#2551 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,082 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 18:00

Sadly this is the most enduring image of Michael in 2012. You see it posted in many articles, German, English and American media alike, time and again.

It might be YOUR most enduring image, but it's not for the vast majority of fans of the sport. The simple facts are that Monaco was a surprise to many and even his many detractors were genuinely pleased to see his fastest time in Q, only those who are too ingrained to think anything other than "anti-Schumacher" found anything other to be his "enduring image" for the year.

As for the poster who suggested Villeneuve - please. Just warn everyone before you have such comedy gold... it needs a wider audience!

Advertisement

#2552 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,303 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 18:27

These posts certainly spiced up the start of my saturday night! You're overestimating your knowledge of psychology, "Psychology for dummies" does not contain everything you need to come up with such definitive conclusions about everything you see, aditya-now. It might (!) help if you threw your black-tinted glasses.

#2553 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 18:34

To make the case you only need to say these names: Alonso, Hamilton, Räikkönen, Vettel, Button, Villeneuve. it is a long list, no offense to Rosberg

Both of the Villeneuves I presume. :lol:

#2554 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 18:48

Aditya, I know how hard it is. Your favorite driver lead the WDC all year and lose it in the end. Sad really. It is breaking my heart to see you so hurt.

To make the case you only need to say these names: Alonso, Hamilton, Räikkönen, Vettel, Button, Villeneuve. it is a long list, no offense to Rosberg

:rotfl: Alonso really shine in 2008/2009 with not so bad car( I mean W03 in last 7-8 races). Button is very good with bad cars? I doubt that. Lewis doesn't know bad car as W03. Kimi , don't think so. I think Rosberg would beat him too in W03.
It is easy to say this guys will be better than this guys in that car. Because this guys did well in their superior car, doesn't make them faster with W03. This can be proved only on the track, and I doubt the guys mentioned will strive to drive W03, anywhere.

Edited by ivand911, 08 December 2012 - 18:50.

#2555 Claudius

Claudius

• 2,277 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 19:00

:lol:

I´ll miss this basic school psychology around here

Don't worry, that poster seems so obssesed with MS, I'm sure he'll produce other gems of his "psychological analysis".

#2556 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 19:38

Both of the Villeneuves I presume. :lol:

Jacques for sure, we have 97 as proof, as for his dad it is just mho.

I admire the tenacity of Schumacher's supporters, working tirelessly to spin Schumacher's comeback disaster into some sort of victory.

Schumacher's place in F1 history is not changed as a result of his come back, on the contary I feel it shows what an achivement his first career actually was.

#2557 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,303 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 19:48

Ok now everybody let's settle down. Fake psychology isn't worth a debate, it's a sign of desperation.

I admire the tenacity of Schumacher's supporters, working tirelessly to spin Schumacher's comeback disaster into some sort of victory.

Schumacher's place in F1 history is not changed as a result of his come back, on the contary I feel it shows what an achivement his first career actually was.

1997 was proof of what, how good Schumacher was keeping the pressure on drivers in superior machinery? Makes sense. Villeneuve should have had decided the WDC much earlier that year but he didn't. I'd like to see you drive an F1 car one day at the age of 43, let's see if you can keep up and beat a big part of the current next generation like Schumacher did. Until I see you do that, your posts don't hold any value and are just a grudged couch sitting 'experts' opinion.

Edited by Jejking, 08 December 2012 - 19:52.

#2558 MightyMoose

MightyMoose
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,082 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 20:05

So let me get this straight, is it accurate you believe JV - out of F1 for 6 years and more commonly seen using Nascar Nationwide Cars as bumper vehicles at Road America - could at 41 outpace a 43 yr old MS, using 1997 as proof of this?

I doubt you will get much support for that view, even outside this thread.

#2559 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,716 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 20:15

replying to aditya and stalergray :))))))...come on guys, really? :))

Advertisement

#2560 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,907 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 20:40

Aditya and SlateGray are fine posters. However, I feel this thread will just be a slow decline with people putting their owm agendas before quality posting.

#2561 sharo

sharo

• 1,768 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 21:44

Aditya and SlateGray are fine posters. However, I feel this thread will just be a slow decline with people putting their owm agendas obsessions before quality posting.

This seems to me to be the right text for your post :)
But everything wears out and such posters currently raise more laughter than rage.

#2562 Claudius

Claudius

• 2,277 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 21:52

I was just watching Nurnburgring 96 the other day, where JV had his first win.
What an incredible race he had, MS I mean.

After the first round of pitstops MS was 10-12 secs behind JV but then started blitzing the field and was driving sometimes 2 secs faster than Jacques.
Michael hauled him in and then shadowed him all the way to the flag, trying to overtake but being unable, in the era where overtaking was very difficult.
Being faster in that Ferrari dog of 96 than the dominant all concquering Williams was an incredible feat.

#2563 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,860 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:31

It might be YOUR most enduring image, but it's not for the vast majority of fans of the sport. The simple facts are that Monaco was a surprise to many and even his many detractors were genuinely pleased to see his fastest time in Q, only those who are too ingrained to think anything other than "anti-Schumacher" found anything other to be his "enduring image" for the year.

You are spot on, MightyMoose. Michael's fastest qualifying lap in Monaco was the other highlight of the year - these two events sum up the best and the worst of Michael in his second career.

If you check the Michael Schumacher thread at the time of Monaco, you will find that I too was genuinely pleased with Michael's fastest time - it came out of nowhere and was a massive achievement. So don't "detract the detractor!" :p

Edited by MightyMoose, 09 December 2012 - 05:41.
Together with his stroke of genius in Singapore (which the above photograph documents) <-- Enough with the baiting. It's truly boring now.

#2564 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,303 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:26

We're detracting detractors who are posing questions about everything concerning Michael Schumacher, getting answers and don't reply to it with common sense or don't reply to it at all.

#2565 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,860 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:31

Aditya, I know how hard it is. Your favorite driver lead the WDC all year and lose it in the end. Sad really. It is breaking my heart to see you so hurt.

Here is something nice to watch for you, Ivan: FIA Gala in Istanbul with Vettel, Alonso and Raikkönen

2012 was probably the greatest championship since 1982/1988/1997/2000 - four giants of the sport doing the proceedings (ALO, VET, RAI, HAM) - I don't know what is your problem with that. Fernando drove the best season of his life, so what is so sad about that? I do not recall any Schumacher season that could equal Fernando's 2012.

Let us say it with Seb's words:"I am sure if we are close to Fernando we are also close to fighting for the championship".

#2566 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:41

I do not recall any Schumacher season that could equal Fernando's 2012.

1997 and 1998 are at least as good.

#2567 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,611 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:42

Here is something nice to watch for you, Ivan: FIA Gala in Istanbul with Vettel, Alonso and Raikkönen

2012 was probably the greatest championship since 1982/1988/1997/2000 - four giants of the sport doing the proceedings (ALO, VET, RAI, HAM) - I don't know what is your problem with that. Fernando drove the best season of his life, so what is so sad about that? I do not recall any Schumacher season that could equal Fernando's 2012.

Let us say it with Seb's words:"I am sure if we are close to Fernando we are also close to fighting for the championship".

I could agree with most of your post, but your ignorance just ruins every word you wrote. I suggest you watch the first five seasons MS drove for Ferrari. I first wrote 're-watch', but you obviously haven't seen them. Might as well try watching 2006 too.

#2568 Claudius

Claudius

• 2,277 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:42

Beating Senna and being the best of the rest after the Williams drivers. In his first whole season.

#2569 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,860 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:07

We're detracting detractors who are posing questions about everything concerning Michael Schumacher, getting answers and don't reply to it with common sense or don't reply to it at all.

Mmmh, "we". Interesting indeed.

#2570 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,860 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:09

I could agree with most of your post, but your ignorance just ruins every word you wrote. I suggest you watch the first five seasons MS drove for Ferrari. I first wrote 're-watch', but you obviously haven't seen them. Might as well try watching 2006 too.

Beating Senna and being the best of the rest after the Williams drivers. In his first whole season.

If that is not biased then I do not know - but what do I expect in this thread with a majority of posters like you guys. You do not even seem to agree on a particular season, as obviously all of 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 and 2006 were better seasons of Schumacher than Alonso's 2012.

Well, there you go, it is obvious, Michael is that good.

#2571 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,611 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:12

If that is not biased then I do not know - but what do I expect in this thread with a majority of posters like you guys. You do not even seem to agree on a particular season, as obviously all of 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 and 2006 were better seasons of Schumacher than Alonso's 2012.

Well, MS is THAT good, actually, yes. But let me ask you something, where have I wrote those seasons were BETTER? Don't dig deeper, it's deep enough.

#2572 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,028 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:10

Indeed.

They were both very fine seasons of driving.

1997 is a bit better, IMO and is better than Alonso's 2012 season.

1998 was special overall in the second half. Very Special.

Edited by George Costanza, 09 December 2012 - 03:12.

#2573 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:17

Indeed.

They were both very fine seasons of driving.

1998 was special overall in the second half. Very Special.

Even putting MSC vs MH battle aside 1998 had so many fine races and neither DRS nor Pirelli were necessary for that. Canada, Great Britain, Hungary, Belgium, Japan... I feel nostalgic ;)

#2574 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:19

If that is not biased then I do not know - but what do I expect in this thread with a majority of posters like you guys. You do not even seem to agree on a particular season.

We agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with that. By going 97 / 98 I was simply shooting for something more recent. There was plenty of top notch driving by MSC in earlier years.

#2575 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:03

Now the guys have DRS, funny tyres , so it easy to say that Michael seasons were better. He fought harder for what he achieved , now they only push button to overtake. Big deal. Even I can overtake anyone of them with DRS. This is how good I am. :)
Sure Aditya, in the cold nights "the best season of his life" will keep him warm. That and the Russian girlfriend. The latter maybe more.

Edited by ivand911, 09 December 2012 - 08:06.

#2576 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,445 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:55

How on earth can this season be better than Michaels seasons in the late 90s.? Alonso was superb but he clearly cracked under the pressure in the last races. In this situations Schumacher raised his game to another level - remember 2000? Would have been hilarious Barrichello (I rate him as Massa) in front of Schumacher in the important races. And his (Alonso's) perception game was extra class. Even at the FIA Event, he had to mention that his car was not competitive.

Alonso is in some points stronger than Michael in his prime. He is consistent over a season as I never seen a driver before. But clearly lacks in qualifying and his mental handling of the important races is weak. I guess Vettel and Hamilton would have out qualify Alonso quit often and would have put the Ferrari on a higher grid slot. Do you really think Alonso is one of the best qualifiers in F1? I do not. People who believe Alonso is one of the best fit with the image that the Ferrari was only the 4th or 5th best car others can be more realistic: Over the whole season he had the 3th best car with an amazing reliability, at the beginning of the season he maximized his chances and had luck with suitable conditions. The team order changed the whole year, so nobody was able to pull a gap, and Alonso played his game of consistency. I guess nobody could have done that better. Kudos! But I didn't think he outperformed the car. A confident Massa and the last races tell another story.

Edit: And I really think he was the best driver this year :up:

Edited by 1Devil1, 09 December 2012 - 10:04.

#2577 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:40

If that is not biased then I do not know...

In which way is saying, that none of MSC´s seasons was better than Alonso´s 2012 less biased than saying that all of them were?

#2578 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,203 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:04

More bike pics from Paul Ricard:

http://f1-live.hu/hi...tarsasag_kepek/

#2579 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,303 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:23

Mmmh, "we". Interesting indeed.

Basic psychology rearing its head again. It's not that interesting though. Look at pretty much everything that has been posted here since yesterday and pretty much everybody except you and Slategray does not agree with you. That's where 'we' come in.

Biased? Sa-weet irony.

Advertisement

#2580 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,303 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:26

More bike pics from Paul Ricard:

http://f1-live.hu/hi...tarsasag_kepek/

Am I the only one who finds that helmet a little bit...

Posted Image

:p

#2581 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 16:29

Indeed.

IMO none of Schumacher's seasons where equal to or better then Alonso's 2012 season!

Would you like me to post what the various esteemed world press writers had to say about the utter failure that was Schumacher's 1997 season? I will be most happy to support that position with many quotes, go ahead and ask me :cool:

For me Schumacher's lack of respect for his fellow drivers overshadows any accomplishments.

#2582 TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA

• 142 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 16:42

IMO none of Schumacher's seasons where equal to or better then Alonso's 2012 season!

Would you like me to post what the various esteemed world press writers had to say about the utter failure that was Schumacher's 1997 season? I will be most happy to support that position with many quotes, go ahead and ask me :cool:

For me Schumacher's lack of respect for his fellow drivers overshadows any accomplishments.

You think his 1997 season was an utter failure? LOL, stop posting.

What was sad was JV's inability to easily win that despite having the best car by MILES...

#2583 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,028 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:04

Those "utter failure" quotes written would have never ever been there if he had won.

Of course, more "failure" quotes were written in 2000 when Ferrari had their slump, but he completely silenced them all in Suzuka. And, I do think Alonso had a wonderful season, on par with Schu's prime days, but nothing like 2000.

Edited by George Costanza, 09 December 2012 - 17:05.

#2584 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,028 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:06

What was sad was JV's inability to easily win that despite having the best car by MILES...

Even Benetton was a slightly better car in some races than the Ferrari.

McLaren was not there yet....

But Williams was the best in '97 then Benetton, then Ferrari?

#2585 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:10

Those "utter failure" quotes written would have never ever been there if he had won.

So how do you account for similar quotes regarding 94 where his cheating did result in a win?

#2586 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:18

Even Benetton was a slightly better car in some races than the Ferrari.

McLaren was not there yet....

But Williams was the best in '97 then Benetton, then Ferrari?

pesky facts...

1997 WCC:

1 Williams-Renault 123

2 Ferrari 102

3 Benetton-Renault 67

4 McLaren-Mercedes 63

Sorce: http://www.formula1....ults/team/1997/

Edited by SlateGray, 09 December 2012 - 17:23.

#2587 jureF1

jureF1

• 24 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:34

1997 WDC:
Schumacher 78pts
Irvine 24pts

:)

#2588 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,860 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:43

Now the guys have DRS, funny tyres , so it easy to say that Michael seasons were better. He fought harder for what he achieved , now they only push button to overtake. Big deal. Even I can overtake anyone of them with DRS. This is how good I am. :)
Sure Aditya, in the cold nights "the best season of his life" will keep him warm. That and the Russian girlfriend. The latter maybe more.

Your personal approach concerning Alonso is not working with me.

Concerning "now they only push button to overtake" - we saw how that worked for Michael. Apart from that I am happy that YOU are that good. That means you are basically better than your own idol.  ;)

#2589 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,028 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:45

1997 WDC:
Schumacher 78pts
Irvine 24pts

:)

That's a very telling stat.

#2590 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,860 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 17:49

How on earth can this season be better than Michaels seasons in the late 90s.? Alonso was superb but he clearly cracked under the pressure in the last races. In this situations Schumacher raised his game to another level - remember 2000? Would have been hilarious Barrichello (I rate him as Massa) in front of Schumacher in the important races. And his (Alonso's) perception game was extra class. Even at the FIA Event, he had to mention that his car was not competitive.

Alonso is in some points stronger than Michael in his prime. He is consistent over a season as I never seen a driver before. But clearly lacks in qualifying and his mental handling of the important races is weak. I guess Vettel and Hamilton would have out qualify Alonso quit often and would have put the Ferrari on a higher grid slot. Do you really think Alonso is one of the best qualifiers in F1? I do not. People who believe Alonso is one of the best fit with the image that the Ferrari was only the 4th or 5th best car others can be more realistic: Over the whole season he had the 3th best car with an amazing reliability, at the beginning of the season he maximized his chances and had luck with suitable conditions. The team order changed the whole year, so nobody was able to pull a gap, and Alonso played his game of consistency. I guess nobody could have done that better. Kudos! But I didn't think he outperformed the car. A confident Massa and the last races tell another story.

Edit: And I really think he was the best driver this year :up:

1Devil1, as this is the MS thread I will not respond much here. Anyway, many valid points made by you, very balanced - and you have a point especially mentioning that Fer had to say even at the FIA gala that his car was not competitive. That is a dangerous mantra and apart from the unfortunate effect on the design team who have to constantly hear how bad their car was, it is also yielding an unfortunate influence on Alonso's own psyche. In this field Schumacher is remarkable - he rarely ever (if ever) blamed his own team publicly. Commendable. :up:

As you say, Alonso was the best driver this year.

#2591 vlado

vlado

• 190 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 18:22

The FA vs. MS argument is..well sort of weak. We might have to wait and see what Alonso does throughout his career before comparing objectively. So far.. he is far away from MS, so therefore I don't see how you could compare the two.

We also have a very nice way of looking at it because of their move to Ferrari, in a sense that they both moved to Ferrari after winning 2 WDCs .. now when MS moved to Ferrari they were no where near winning a championship, and they haven't done it in something like 20 years. It took MS 5 years to win the drivers, and bring Ferrari back to winning ways, and no.. I am not saying that he did it single handedly, but he had the right people around him, and that is essential in Formula 1.

When Alonso moved to Ferrari they were much, much closer to winning a championship ... in other words the 2010 Ferrari was much closer to the front runners than the 1996 Ferrari that MS drove, and so far he is yet to produce a championship, and with all the rule changes (which I think will play against Ferrari) the chances of him winning again are diminishing. I would say next year is his best bet.

#2592 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,445 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 18:24

1Devil1, as this is the MS thread I will not respond much here. Anyway, many valid points made by you, very balanced - and you have a point especially mentioning that Fer had to say even at the FIA gala that his car was not competitive. That is a dangerous mantra and apart from the unfortunate effect on the design team who have to constantly hear how bad their car was, it is also yielding an unfortunate influence on Alonso's own psyche. In this field Schumacher is remarkable - he rarely ever (if ever) blamed his own team publicly. Commendable. :up:

As you say, Alonso was the best driver this year.

I have massive respect for Alonso since 2006. He gave me so much headaches because Michael drove so well this year but Fernando was there to collect the needed points. I guess even Michael wouldn't have been able to win this year in his prime because he would have minimum one race ending mistake. I said month ago, in a scenario Schumacher vs. Alonso in their primes, I don't know who would come out first. I would give Schumacher the edge in qualifying and probably in the race but Alonso would be there to collect massive points if Michael makes a mistake. In old money (10-6-4) I would put my money on Michael. In new on Alonso. Nevertheless for myself Alonso is not the right guy to cheer for, not spectacular enough, whining, blaming. I just don't like him - like you Schumacher. But I can appreciate his performance and I am thankful to see him build up this legacy. :up:

#2593 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 18:39

Alonso has a very, very weak mentality. He probably has the weakest mentality of the top drivers because the way he threw away the title in the last couple of races, including the poor weekend in Brazil, shows nothing has changed since '07.

Very few drivers would be able to keep up with a peak Schumacher because they don't have the mentality to go toe to toe with a better driver over a whole season. Just look at what Prost did to Senna. Put them in the same car and Alonso would lose, old points system and new points system.

#2594 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 18:58

Indeed; most of JVi's career in F1 was, frankly, embarressing. He walked straight in to one of the greastest cars ever created and still struggled to beat Michael, then overestimated himself with the BAR debacle, looking relentlessly hopeless despite being in his 'prime', then to top it all was thick enough to hang around and make an imbecile of himself at Sauber and BMW. It's no wonder Slate has an incurable pathalogical hatred of MS, because he makes the man he worships look like a poorly polished turd at exquisite silver exhibition.

#2595 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,445 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 18:59

Alonso has a very, very weak mentality. He probably has the weakest mentality of the top drivers because the way he threw away the title in the last couple of races, including the poor weekend in Brazil, shows nothing has changed since '07.

Very few drivers would be able to keep up with a peak Schumacher because they don't have the mentality to go toe to toe with a better driver over a whole season. Just look at what Prost did to Senna. Put them in the same car and Alonso would lose, old points system and new points system.

I wouldn't say has a very weak mentality. He just can't raise his game like Schumacher to get the one step further when you are in a title fight. I only see Vettel who has a same mental toughness. What he did 2010 and this year in the last races was impressive. Though, even Schumacher was a beast in important he races tended to crack under pressure in the last deciding races (2003, 1997,1994). Sometimes I think Alonso has the wrong mental approach and is too conservative in the final stage but even this could pan out (see 2006). Yeah I see a discussion is too early and not right, we will never know what would have happened

#2596 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,611 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:25

I wouldn't say has a very weak mentality. He just can't raise his game like Schumacher to get the one step further when you are in a title fight. I only see Vettel who has a same mental toughness. What he did 2010 and this year in the last races was impressive. Though, even Schumacher was a beast in important he races tended to crack under pressure in the last deciding races (2003, 1997,1994). Sometimes I think Alonso has the wrong mental approach and is too conservative in the final stage but even this could pan out (see 2006). Yeah I see a discussion is too early and not right, we will never know what would have happened

I do not agree. First of all, some people tend to mix up mental strength and mentality. FA is pretty strong mentally. Some people may not like his mentality on the other hand. He is always vocal about his frustrations, be it justifiable, or not. After all, he is Spanish. But his whole campaign in the last 6 races was well calculated, and perfectly executed. They knew the car was considerably slower than the RB8.

#2597 DutchCruijff

DutchCruijff

• 933 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 19:41

He cracked only in '03. '97 was desperation more than any mental collapse and I don't see how he cracked in '94. He made a slight mistake and then got himself involved in a racing incident.

#2598 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,303 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:31

Pa-lease. You get evidence shoved in your face and you're not doing anything with it. Up until Jerez Schumacher was leading the title fight with more car failures, not top of the line equipment and unfortunate accidents than Villeneuve. Go watch the races and read the wiki if you're too lazy. Case closed, next.

He cracked only in '03. '97 was desperation more than any mental collapse and I don't see how he cracked in '94. He made a slight mistake and then got himself involved in a racing incident.

Same. 1997 was a botched attempt to save what had to be his championship, just like Alonsos 2012.

#2599 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:39

Put them in the same car and Alonso would lose, old points system and new points system.

Pesky facts again

2006 WDC
1 Alonso 134
2 Schumacher 121

2006 WCC
1 Renault 206
2 Ferrari 201

Which season was it that Schumacher bested Alonso with equal cars?

Advertisement

#2600 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,303 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:57

Maximum cherrypicking. Schumacher is more willing than Alonso to put everything on the line within the rules and Fernando knows that. Why does one think he is so careful with Schumacher ahead on the track?