Photo

Formula 1 broadcast behind decoders

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:41

Next up is the Netherlands. RTL is not bidding anymore on the broadcasting rights and F1 moves to the pay channel Sport 1.

http://translate.goo..._decoder__.html

After we lost the quality coverage of the BBC this year (yes, we preferred to watch that one over the Dutch one) we now lose our own 'free' coverage as well.
The extra costs for me will be relatively small at 10 euro/month, but that's still 6 euros per race.

Advertisement

#2 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:46

Same is happening in France: TF1 aren't sure they still want F1 and Canal+ is trying to outbid them.

Positive side: TF1 is crap.

#3 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 17,609 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 13:01

The list grows longer and longer.
Netherlands
England
Italy
France

I will not be shelling out extra cash, I can receive RTL Germany, so I'll get my German up so I can watch there. The other half via BBC. IF I was a new watcher, I certainly would not buy a subscription. How is Sky doing anyway?

#4 montoyasminion

montoyasminion

• 387 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 13:50

At least you guys don't have to shell out extra cash, and then wake up at 7 in the morning to watch the races.

#5 Raifosa

Raifosa

• 495 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 15:07

Netherlands
England
Italy
France

I will not be shelling out extra cash, I can receive RTL Germany, so I'll get my German up so I can watch there. The other half via BBC. IF I was a new watcher, I certainly would not buy a subscription. How is Sky doing anyway?

You can add Cyprus and Greece on that list.
For a couple of years now, I pay 50 euro/month for coverage that includes only quali & race, lots of ads & the worst commentators in the world. :well:

#6 smitten

smitten

• 4,982 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 15:09

Netherlands
England
Italy
France

You can add Scotland, Wales, and NI to the list too. :wave:

#7 AvranaKern

AvranaKern

• 6,409 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 15:14

In Turkey, F1 is also on a pay-channel from 2012 onwards.

#8 R Soul

R Soul

• 1,639 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 15:56

Maybe they concluded that no-one turned up to the GP because they were all watching in on TV.