Photo

Michael Schumacher's future after Mercedes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
269 replies to this topic

Poll: Michael Schumacher's future after Mercedes (299 member(s) have cast votes)

Michael Schumacher's future after Mercedes

1. Ferrari (63 votes [21.07%])

Percentage of vote: 21.07%

2. Lotus (3 votes [1.00%])

Percentage of vote: 1.00%

3. Sauber (55 votes [18.39%])

Percentage of vote: 18.39%

4. Force India (1 votes [0.33%])

Percentage of vote: 0.33%

5. Williams (7 votes [2.34%])

Percentage of vote: 2.34%

6. Toro Rosso (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Marussia (3 votes [1.00%])

Percentage of vote: 1.00%

8. Caterham (2 votes [0.67%])

Percentage of vote: 0.67%

9. HRT (17 votes [5.69%])

Percentage of vote: 5.69%

10. Retirement (138 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

11. Other (please specify) (10 votes [3.34%])

Percentage of vote: 3.34%

Vote

#51 Les

Les

• 2,069 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 20:13

Regarding the Lotus rumours I'd very disappointed if Grosjean was dumped in favour of Schumacher. Regarding the Ferrari rumours I was always under the impression that Schumacher and Alonso were not best of mates.

Advertisement

#52 seltaeb

seltaeb

• 659 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 20:28

Sauber should dump Kobayashi and sign both Michael and Rubens. Who wouldn't tune in for that? :)

#53 rentonB

rentonB

• 172 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 20:29

Ms meet with the lotus owner Gerard Lopez. Reports said Ecclestone was there also and he very linke the ideo of a Schumi - Kimi driver pairing.

A Renault advert with Schumi in the winter would be a great surprise for Dr. Zetsche & the Merc board:)

Why would they want Schumacher rotfl?

#54 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,328 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 20:30

Regarding the Lotus rumours I'd very disappointed if Grosjean was dumped in favour of Schumacher. Regarding the Ferrari rumours I was always under the impression that Schumacher and Alonso were not best of mates.

After Michael retired they got on ok. Alonso just seems to say good things about Schumacher these days.

#55 Tardis40

Tardis40

• 733 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 20:45

Schumacher to Ferrari

Massa to Sauber

Algusuare (sp) to Lotus

Predictions

#56 Les

Les

• 2,069 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 20:47

After Michael retired they got on ok. Alonso just seems to say good things about Schumacher these days.

Thanks. Well in that case it might just work in terms of them getting on but as I said earlier on I think its time to call it a day whatever happens.

#57 Skanka

Skanka

• 95 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 20:56

"If the team decides to change Felipe, anyone who arrives has to be better than Felipe. [...]

With all the names you hear, if you compare what Felipe has done in Formula One and what these little names have done in Formula One ... In my opinion we need to have a driver that respects Ferrari, that respects the tradition that here we work for the team, for the red cars. This is the first priority."

Don't worry Fernando, Felipe will be well-replaced by a certain driver with 7 WDCs and 91 wins who's been familiar working with Ferrari. :smoking: :blush:

Edited by Skanka, 29 September 2012 - 20:57.

#58 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,328 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 21:10

for me the likley outcome will be 80% Retirement 20% chance he will end up at Sauber. I think a lot will depend on these next 2 races.

#59 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,276 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 21:18

If two days later Sauber, Wiliams and Ferrari announce their driver line-ups, then we should infer that Schumacher is retiring. I don't want it to happen. Schumacher shouldn't be doing "Barichello." I hope he'll come out in person and say that he is retiring, if he is to retire. He shouldn't let that happen.

If he is not going to retire and all signs point toward that, I don't think he will go to Ferrari or Lotus or Williams. Ferrari switch will mean he would cause Massa to lose his seat, which will be utterly ridiculous and dishonest thing if we remember his very reason of first retirement. Williams switch, nah, I just don't see it happening. At Lotus, I don't think Grosjean deserves to be thrown at sidelines. Michael has one or at most two years racing in him. It would be unfair to Romain. The only viable option is Sauber, which may let Esteban to race in GP2 for one more season to gain experience before joining to the team in 2014, and meanwhile enjoy Michael's one year spell that would be perfect for both sporting and financial-wise.

HRT, Caterham or Marussuia? In the name of Bernie, no!

Edited by ali.unal, 29 September 2012 - 21:20.

Advertisement

#60 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,814 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 21:23

Retirement to the comfy chair, he has had a good career.

Edited by sterling49, 29 September 2012 - 21:24.

#61 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 21:32

It would be neat to see him back in Ferrari but I don't think the politics will work out with Alonso. Also he probably wouldn't want to end Massa's career like that.

If he wants to continue racing I think that Sauber will be his best bet.

#62 alframsey

alframsey

• 1,417 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 21:34

He should retire if we are all being honest, he really should, but I have a feeling he will go to Sauber.

#63 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 21:35

It would be neat to see him back in Ferrari but I don't think the politics will work out with Alonso. Also he probably wouldn't want to end Massa's career like that.

If he wants to continue racing I think that Sauber will be his best bet.

At the other hand, this could be massa's upportunity to return the favor.

#64 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,276 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 21:41

At the other hand, this could be massa's upportunity to return the favor.

That reciprocity is flawed in my opinion. Massa should do it for Bianchi or H├╝lkenberg, a young gun, not for Schumacher.

#65 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 21:48

That reciprocity is flawed in my opinion. Massa should do it for Bianchi or H├╝lkenberg, a young gun, not for Schumacher.

Why? A young gun has a lot more time than MSC has... ;)

#66 schumimercamg

schumimercamg

• 315 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 21:51

Anyone feel that the reason Alonso is saying such nice things is to increase Schumi's public eye stock to pave a way for him to join Ferrari?

#67 panzani

panzani

• 18,663 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 22:28

I can see DTM is not amongst the options of the er poll as it always is for German former drivers (perhaps the OP thinks cheating is not allowed there, who knows?) and not even Indy (perhaps because Rubens is there) but the better place for Dick Dastardly to go three years ago and when he had the chance and obviously now would certainly be with his family and gardening.

#68 SlateGray

SlateGray

• 6,122 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 22:39

I voted other

Schumacher will seek a seat but none will be offered, so he will be forced out!

Edited by SlateGray, 29 September 2012 - 22:39.

#69 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 22:52

I voted other

Schumacher will seek a seat but none will be offered, so he will be forced out!

We already know he's has options Gray Slate, so that's a waisted vote you did there... :clap:

#70 ali.unal

ali.unal

• 3,276 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 22:56

Don't you think it's a deal breaker?

Bild: Monisha Kaltenborn "Michael only started for top teams so far - we can't offer him the same environment and ambiance" (credit to Urawa, from Schumacher thread)

#71 troymia

troymia

• 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 22:59

I think the only place Schumacher would drive next year would be Ferrari. If everyone including members here & the Ferrari team thinks Schumacher is never going to beat Alonso in his prime; then there is nothing to worry about no.2 status in the team... lol.

I wouldn't mind Schumi driving in Lotus; if Ferrari Option is not available. There is no point in driving in Sauber / Williams; Schumi would be realistically in Midfield again and once is a blue-moon if they happen to have the magic setup he would be in the front.

On a weekend with no Car troubles this season, he has performed better that Rosberg in Qual as well as Race. Rosberg has scored major points when the Mercedes car was best wheres Schumi has mechanical troubles in those races. If & If Only, Mercedes pit crew forgot to put Tyre nut in Rosberg's car in China & Rosberg had fuel injection problems in Monaco ... the Rosberg would have been on 50 points compared to 43 for Schumi. LoL. That is only accounting for two mechanical DNFs out of 5 that Schumacher had in the season. Massa hasn't been even close to Alosno or bettered him anytime this season , has he???

It doesn't matter where Schumacher drives next season - I will be rooting for him. For me over the past 2 yeas, he has regained most of his speed to compete with the Best of the Best on the grid and it shows in Qualifying as well as Race in 2012. I will be wrong if Rosberg is believed to be an average driver to compare Schumacher. I think Rosberg is pretty good driver, otherwise Mercedes wouldn't have confirmed Rosberg for next year.

#72 weston

weston

• 370 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 23:19

I highly doubt MS would consider signing for Sauber. Lotus, well that thought is close to insane really, might as well expect Brawn to leave Merc and join the old team too. :)

Almost the same insane thoughts here... but it will not happen.
I suspect Brawn will retire or will be fired sooner than later, but they go fishing instead of racing.
I am sure Todt can reserve a nice spot somewhere in France or Switzerland. Luca may pop up.

Edited by weston, 29 September 2012 - 23:20.

#73 krobinson

krobinson

• 198 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 23:45

It would be sad for him to retire, he still deserves a place in F1.
But realistically, what options does he have?

Ferrari - Maybe the most sensible one, the best team out of the available seats, but on the negative, he would have to team up with Alonso and with all due respect for MS, considering the incredible level of Alonso's driving this year, Schumacher would not enjoy that season. On pure nostalgia though, it would be great for F1 and MS for him to drive there again.
Lotus - Why would Lotus change Grosjean for MS? Grosjean is very talented, very fast and young. MS is not a faster driver than Grosjean at this point and is almost 20 years older. Makes absolutely no sense for Lotus.
Williams - Bottas deserves a place in F1 to show his level, IMO. So I hope he doesn't go there.
Sauber - Probably the most sensible option. He would have a decent teammate, a decent car and little pressure. Also Sauber would gain a huge amount from that, I am sure they would get a few sponsors from that also. But would Schumacher accept the paycut and the reality that Sauber is not a big nor a top team?

#74 Arska

Arska

• 735 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 23:59

Seriously... it's time to retire from racing in F1.

#75 BoschKurve

BoschKurve

• 1,153 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 00:05

It would be sad for him to retire, he still deserves a place in F1.
But realistically, what options does he have?

Ferrari - Maybe the most sensible one, the best team out of the available seats, but on the negative, he would have to team up with Alonso and with all due respect for MS, considering the incredible level of Alonso's driving this year, Schumacher would not enjoy that season. On pure nostalgia though, it would be great for F1 and MS for him to drive there again.
Lotus - Why would Lotus change Grosjean for MS? Grosjean is very talented, very fast and young. MS is not a faster driver than Grosjean at this point and is almost 20 years older. Makes absolutely no sense for Lotus.
Williams - Bottas deserves a place in F1 to show his level, IMO. So I hope he doesn't go there.
Sauber - Probably the most sensible option. He would have a decent teammate, a decent car and little pressure. Also Sauber would gain a huge amount from that, I am sure they would get a few sponsors from that also. But would Schumacher accept the paycut and the reality that Sauber is not a big nor a top team?

Bottas needs to drive in GP2 before going to F1 IMO.

That aside, Sauber makes the most sense. Michael does live in Switzerland these days...

#76 genespleen

genespleen

• 343 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 00:54

Ferrari will want a strong follow-up season to Alonso's remarkable one this year. FA will either be World Champion, or will come very very close. But Ferrari will not win the Constructor's trophy. Ferrari may well feel that an Alonso-Schumacher pairing, with Schumacher on an admittedly no. 2 status, and "farewell season," will offer a better chance at a Constructor's title than will retaining Massa. Moreover, it would generate a new level of interest in the series. But...*would* Alonso accept this? Probably only if Schumacher came in as a clear no. 2. Would Schumacher do that?

#77 man

man

• 1,301 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:26

Ferrari would never be interested in Schumacher as he wouldn't be an improvement over Massa. Things would look ugly if he was paired next to Alonso and the beating Schumacher would take would be more severe than what the Brazilian has taken. Besides being a poor option for Ferrari Schumacher would never dream of teaming along side a driver of Alonso's quality especially when he has failed to master a journeyman in the shape of Rosberg. It has to be Sauber at best for Schumacher even though I feel kobayashi would be the better driver or a lower ranked team - perhaps a managerial/driving role at Caterham for instance would be more mutually beneficial. I think he will be forced to retire however.

#78 exmayol

exmayol

• 554 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:31

I think he will retire but I secretly hope he'll get to drive a red car next year.

#79 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,338 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:45

Ferrari will want a strong follow-up season to Alonso's remarkable one this year. FA will either be World Champion, or will come very very close. But Ferrari will not win the Constructor's trophy. Ferrari may well feel that an Alonso-Schumacher pairing, with Schumacher on an admittedly no. 2 status, and "farewell season," will offer a better chance at a Constructor's title than will retaining Massa. Moreover, it would generate a new level of interest in the series. But...*would* Alonso accept this? Probably only if Schumacher came in as a clear no. 2. Would Schumacher do that?

It will never work. Schu came back for a reason to wins and be a title challenge. Alonso would not let that happen. And, Schu would give Alonso all he can handle given his skill set.

Edited by George Costanza, 30 September 2012 - 01:46.

Advertisement

#80 Pits

Pits

• 415 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:46

Ferrari would never be interested in Schumacher as he wouldn't be an improvement over Massa. Things would look ugly if he was paired next to Alonso and the beating Schumacher would take would be more severe than what the Brazilian has taken. Besides being a poor option for Ferrari Schumacher would never dream of teaming along side a driver of Alonso's quality especially when he has failed to master a journeyman in the shape of Rosberg. It has to be Sauber at best for Schumacher even though I feel kobayashi would be the better driver or a lower ranked team - perhaps a managerial/driving role at Caterham for instance would be more mutually beneficial. I think he will be forced to retire however.

Schumacher didn't fail to master Rosberg, he's beat him in quali's and races this year. The point diff is because of technical DNF's and not because he's driving poor.
I think Schumacher is still faster than Massa, Rosberg to for that matter. It would be pretty exciting to have MSC and Fred in the same team imo. Epic

#81 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:16

Schumacher:- LOTUS F1 TEAM = TEAM PRINCIPLE.
Eric Boullier:- Promoted to department head somewhere.

According to Der Spiegel, Bernie wants Schumi to join Lotus alongside Kimi. As a driver, it would make little sense, but as a team principle.... he can be very good and would suit Schumi perfectly at this stage of his career.

What's more, he will continue to be part of the sport and getting his fix every race weekend. I'd say he should look into this. As a driver, he has nothing more to contribute as he has everything. As management, he can bring a lot of insight, expertise and knowledge to any team.... and what better that a team that is known to be pure racers.

I'd love this move. :up:

PS- Gerard Lopez did a great job by getting Kimi into his team that was considered going backwards.... and this can be another shrewd move by Lopez in taking the team higher.

Edited by BackOnTop, 30 September 2012 - 02:19.

#82 Wade

Wade

• 426 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:26

I just might be carried away from my emotions currently, but.......I feel

80% retire (be Merc's ambassador or something)
15% Sauber
5% Other team (Ferrari, Lotus, Williams, whoever)

#83 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,610 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:02

Sauber or retirement.

#84 Kompressor

Kompressor

• 546 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:36

He's a journeyman driver. Sauber would be ca good fit. I don't know that he brings enough sponsorship money to qualify for the job.

#85 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:49

If Mercedes had fielded a reliable fast car, with no team mistakes, I'm sure he would of won a race like Monaco this year. That's the problem, he has not known misfortune as he has had in his career, and he did admit earlier that he hasn't achieved anything.

Mclaren field winning cars
Ferrari seem reliable enough even if not top dog

Williams have had just the same signs of strength as mercedes this year, and have won a race, and looked good in another.

Lotus in one season has done a better job with mercedes has done in 3 years, even if they missed wins this years

I know Schumacher is a team player, a big one, but he must surely behind closed doors, lament his run of fortune, the first half of this season potentially showed us what we could of seen from him, and that's the problem, he ultimately hasn't gotten the results to show what many of us know he was capable of.
But he does talk differently and has taken losing much more in his stride, does he really want it, or is he happy to have been involved in the process of f1 without the glory again, it depends if he actually changed or not, he always seemed to be in his own bubble, look at his fashion sense over the years, I think he remains unpredictable, but you could tell at valencia, his podium, and monaco-his pole, that he would like to do it again, but it's strange for his character to throw in the towel after setbacks.

My guess, and it is just a guess, deep down, I think he realises mercedes has certain issues that have been there since it was bar, and with niki lauda as manager-did anyone remember him managing jaguar? why nikii. this team has alot to prove, and I think Michael is keeping his true feelings about the team and it's potential quiet, he's given them 3 years, given input, and he's gotten back alot of the teams faiilures and mistakes. Maybe they just don't have the resources to really get the job done like mclaren/ferrari/redbull.

Or he could just realise that his time and the time to wait for a strong car might just be too long., yence 3 years is what he decided, even if it turned out bad.

Or maybe Luca has asked for his help at ferrari again, and he's keeping quiet until the season is finished.
Maybe Schumacher made his mind up about mercedes after monaco 2012, he must of been pissed retiring from that race, again. mercedes have dented his chances too often. maybe there's more going on behind hte scenes then we know.

Maybe Michael realises the current tyres makes his advantage of the past difficult to repllicate, even if he has improved

The discussions will go on for weeks, if not months. Alot of possibilities, I do wish mercedes was just a better/fast/reliable car this year if it is his last season, last races, it's not really a great situation for fans of his and the sport, because if it his last races, it's nice to know that, like we did after monza 2006, this time were in the dark, different situation. One thing hasn't changed, there's always something to talk about with him

#86 Les

Les

• 2,069 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:53

Schumacher:- LOTUS F1 TEAM = TEAM PRINCIPLE.
Eric Boullier:- Promoted to department head somewhere.

According to Der Spiegel, Bernie wants Schumi to join Lotus alongside Kimi. As a driver, it would make little sense, but as a team principle.... he can be very good and would suit Schumi perfectly at this stage of his career.

What's more, he will continue to be part of the sport and getting his fix every race weekend. I'd say he should look into this. As a driver, he has nothing more to contribute as he has everything. As management, he can bring a lot of insight, expertise and knowledge to any team.... and what better that a team that is known to be pure racers.

I'd love this move. :up:

PS- Gerard Lopez did a great job by getting Kimi into his team that was considered going backwards.... and this can be another shrewd move by Lopez in taking the team higher.

That reminds me of Kimi winning his first race for Ferrari in Melbourne and Jean Todt hands him a mobile with Michael Schumacher on the other end offering his congratulations. Needless to say soon after Kimi got the handset and before he had to listen to anything Michael had to say the phone went dead! Sounds like a terrible idea.

#87 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:12

That reminds me of Kimi winning his first race for Ferrari in Melbourne and Jean Todt hands him a mobile with Michael Schumacher on the other end offering his congratulations. Needless to say soon after Kimi got the handset and before he had to listen to anything Michael had to say the phone went dead! Sounds like a terrible idea.

I know it is... but things change. And it may not be for the worst.

#88 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:28

Do you really want to pre-judge such hypothetical solution based on one dropped phone-line? On the other hand, there is the recent interview with Kimi, revealing intimate details on his body requrements at Spa...

Edited by Sakae, 30 September 2012 - 06:32.

#89 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:40

If Mercedes had fielded a reliable fast car, with no team mistakes, I'm sure he would of won a race like Monaco this year. That's the problem, he has not known misfortune as he has had in his career, and he did admit earlier that he hasn't achieved anything.

His penalty from Monaco had nothing to do with Mercedes team mistakes.

#90 SUPRAF1

SUPRAF1

• 365 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:49

I think he's retiring. The whole reason Merc approached Hamilton was because Schumacher was giving mixed signals about whether he wanted to stay or leave. If he wanted to keep racing, it'd have been as simple as saying "Yes" earlier in the season.

#91 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:56

"If the team decides to change Felipe, anyone who arrives has to be better than Felipe. [...]

With all the names you hear, if you compare what Felipe has done in Formula One and what these little names have done in Formula One ... In my opinion we need to have a driver that respects Ferrari, that respects the tradition that here we work for the team, for the red cars. This is the first priority."

Don't worry Fernando, Felipe will be well-replaced by a certain driver with 7 WDCs and 91 wins who's been familiar working with Ferrari. :smoking: :blush:

Nice avatar you have, Skanka!

Yes, Michael would be the ideal fit as Fernando's #2. He knows all the procedures, he knows what Eddie Irvine and Rubens Barrichello had to do, Michael himself seconded well for Irvine in the end of 1999 - and MSC will also know how to respond to "Fernando has to better tyres, he is behind you!"

Sad for Michael, that he never learnt to manage the Pirelli's as well as Fernando does....

#92 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:02

Do you really want to pre-judge such hypothetical solution based on one dropped phone-line? On the other hand, there is the recent interview with Kimi, revealing intimate details on his body requrements at Spa...

I think MSC is more mature in the management role now, especially after this latest 3 year stint with Mercedes. Atleast, I think he'll be a big bonus for a team like Lotus or Sauber in the management role.

No matter what, I hope Msc doesn't quit Formula 1 altogether. I wasn't supporting him @ Ferrari for obvious reasons I follow Kimi... but since he joined Mercedes I started hoping he'd do well. Also, I did not think Rosberg overall did a better job than him.. which was quite pleasing.

Msc should not continue in F1 as a driver, as he has nothing more to gain... but management will be cool. And I wouldn't mind a Schumi (team Principle) & Kimi partnership at Lotus taking on Ferrari & Mclaren. It'll be a good partnership... better than what Eric Boullier is right now. Also, he'll definitely be more respected overall in the team, as well as the media.

I don't think it'll happen, but It'll be nice.

Bolded Part:- I did not understand?? What is it.

Edited by BackOnTop, 30 September 2012 - 07:03.

#93 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:10

.... I think Michael is keeping his true feelings about the team and it's potential quiet, he's given them 3 years, given input, and he's gotten back alot of the teams faiilures and mistakes. Maybe they just don't have the resources to really get the job done like mclaren/ferrari/redbull.

I think the Mercedes F1 team and Ross have kept their true feelings about Michael Schumacher and his present potential quiet, they have given Michael 3 years, have given input and tried to help Michael, and they have gotten back a lot of Michael's shunts and errors of judgement. Maybe Michael at this day and age just does not have the resources in him anymore to really get the job done like Hamilton/Alonso/Vettel.

Sean - both your perspective and my perspective have something to them. Of course I know to which perspective you lean, and you know to which perspective I lean.

In your country, the US of A they have a saying, though: "three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth". What if, just if, both Mercedes as well as Michael have failed, have not delivered as they should, and that's why the whole thing did not play out as well as expected?

An erratic Michael Schumacher who is not always as concentrated anymore as he should is also something that Peter Sauber/Monisha Kaltenborn, Gerard Lopez/Eric Boullier and Luca di Montezemolo/Stefano Domenicalli will take into consideration when they make their decisions.

#94 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 2,768 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:16

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#95 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,752 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:18

Just go home and enjoy life, or do something with karting to help little kids.

#96 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:34

...Bolded Part:- I did not understand?? What is it.

Drivers are drivers, and they do not always wear gloves, or minding their Miss Manners protocol, be it Kimi at Spa on his thoughts about Michael's anniversary, or recently Michael asked why he missed SW commemoration.

#97 GrumpyYoungMan

GrumpyYoungMan

• 145 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:56

I think he's retiring. The whole reason Merc approached Hamilton was because Schumacher was giving mixed signals about whether he wanted to stay or leave. If he wanted to keep racing, it'd have been as simple as saying "Yes" earlier in the season.

Maybe it wasn't - If he knew Mercedes wouldn't have a competitive car in 2013...;)

He could be very pleased that Mercedes have signed Lewis... :mad:

#98 Daniel Lester

Daniel Lester

• 2,083 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:35

Not really a surprise the Mercedes drive came to an end, I don't think either party were interested in continuing, Michael didn't deliver enough great drives and had too many crashes for mercedes liking and from Michael's side the team continued to turn out solid mid field cars with so-so reliability (BAR, Honda etc). I'm sure Michael went to the young driver test recently to assess whether there was any sign of the team providing worthwhile upgrades - something they have failed to deliver...ever - even the Brawn fell off the pace.

Whether Michael has had enough of driving or not is only something he knows. I think he'll continue if a suitable offer/prospect is on offer, otherwise he'll retire again. Given Mercedes hired Lauda for the role I'd have thought that Michael would take, it seems all links have been severed there.

Possibly a Massa to Sauber, Michael to Ferrari - scenario could play out, but for Sauber it'll come down to money or future engine deals etc. I Can't really see Michael going anywhere else unless they can show they have a trick or two up their sleave for 2013. Whether Alonso and Ferrari want or need Michael is another matter... from a constructors point of view Michael would surely qualify better and score more points than Massa. There hasn't been much wrong with Michael's qualifying this year when the car and weather has allowed it. If he's closer to the front, there is less likelihood of running into people he isn't used to racing....and ferrari's reliability is much better and has been ever since Michael, Jean and Ross first got to work at Ferrari.

#99 Dolph

Dolph

• 4,882 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:51

Just go home and enjoy life, or do something with karting to help little kids.

Funny. I thought he came back because he wasn't enjoying life away from F1. So not a great suggestion!?

Advertisement

#100 DarkknightRises

DarkknightRises

• 329 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:05

kimi said some nice thing about schumi when asked to compare his comeback with schumi's..

he said schumi didnt has the car

iceman might be cool...but he respect schumi!!