Photo

Online source for collecting lap times?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 man

man

• 1,524 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 17:28

I was wondering if there is a source online that could provide lap times - further back the better until the mid-1990's. If not, what would be my best bet to get hold of this data through more traditional ways? I remember seeing a fairly comprehensive book in Foyles in London some years back.

Advertisement

#2 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,544 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 17:56

For many years Autocourse lap charts included lap times but as I haven't bought one for many years, I don't know when that ceased.

However, you will need to re-mortgage your house to buy older copies.

#3 Michael Ferner

Michael Ferner

• 7,124 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 16:40

Longines and Olivetti published books with every lap time of the F1 season during the years they provided the official timing, 1982 - '93. I have most of them, but don't recall where I got them from - it's almost twenty years since. The only thing I recall is that I was charged an arm and a leg for it, but time heals many wounds... :)

#4 man

man

• 1,524 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 00:34

Longines and Olivetti published books with every lap time of the F1 season during the years they provided the official timing, 1982 - '93. I have most of them, but don't recall where I got them from - it's almost twenty years since. The only thing I recall is that I was charged an arm and a leg for it, but time heals many wounds... :)

Ah ha...now i remeber, that's what I saw in Foyles book shop in London some years back!