Photo

Korean GP FP1, FP2, FP3 and Qualifying

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#401 PinkZepStones

PinkZepStones

• 220 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 16:29

With DRS being so long if Webber/Vettel lose positions at start it won't matter they will make it up later, Red Bull was mighty in last sector.

....Once again Red Bull best car on grid by big margin.

McLaren locking up all the time will hurt Hamilton in race.

Possible finish

1.Vettel
2. Webber
3. Kimi/Alonso

I remember seeing something about certain things like understeer locking oversteer etc in qualifying can and does totally change to the race, for all we know Mclaren overperformed Hamilton in particular in Korea by sacrificing plenty of quali pace so that they were primed for the race.

Dont underestimate Alonso and Hamiltons wheel to wheel abilities by the way DRS or not Alonsos cunning and Hamiltons ability on the brakes will pay dividends.

Advertisement

#402 akshay380

akshay380

• 561 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 16:58

Expect Hamilton to jump to right immediately and try to pass a possibly slow starting Webber.

#403 Niceone

Niceone

• 649 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:58

Kimi definetely did a green sector in the final sector when the yellow was out though. It was a 20.5 i think.

You also have to factor in tyres: Previous best sector time were made with used tyres and Kimi had new tyres when yellows were out. That's why Räikkönen were faster on that whole sector despite lifting slightly on yellows (with single yellows you don't have to slow down that much)

#404 Niceone

Niceone

• 649 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 17:59

Or:
Alonso better be looking into his mirrors, I would recommend not forcing Kimi off the track though. :p

There's always this possibility:
Lotus plan