Photo

Signed 1981 Osterreich programme

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wirra

Wirra

• 1,326 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:45

The Colin Chapman autograph thread got me thinking about this.

I have a programme from the 1981 Austrian (Osterreich) GP which I had signed by the following personnel. I have no real attachment to it but if it was worth something, I mean really something, I would consider offering at a charity auction. Any knowledgeable assessments?

Also, any thoughts on the autograph on the top left of the Renault team - see photos below.

- Williams
Jones
Reutemann
Williams

- Tyrrell
Cheever
Alboreto
Tyrrell

- Brabham
Piquet
Rebaque
Ecclestone

- McLaren
Watson
De Cesaris
Mayer

- ATS
Borgudd

- Lotus
De Angelis
Mansell

- Ensign
Salazar
Nunn

- Renault
Prost
Arnoux
Jabouille ? Not real sure about this.
?????? Any thoughts?

- March
Daly

- Fittipaldi

- Alfa Romeo
Andretti
Giacomelli
Chiti

- Talbot Matra
Tambay
Laffite
Ligier

- Ferrari
Pironi ... (edit. No it's not, it's Jody Scheckter who must have been hanging around)

- Arrows
Patrese
Stohr

- Theodore
Surer
Gabbiani

- Toleman
Henton
Warwick

- Unfortunately missing – did the Fittipaldi team turn up?
Villeneuve
Rosberg
Serra

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Wirra, 16 October 2012 - 06:58.

Advertisement

#2 john winfield

john winfield

• 5,657 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:52

The Colin Chapman autograph thread got me thinking about this.

I have a programme from the 1981 Austrian (Osterreich) GP which I had signed by the following personnel. I have no real attachment to it but if it was worth something, I mean really something, I would consider offering at a charity auction. Any knowledgeable assessments?

Also, any thoughts on the autograph on the top left of the Renault team - see photos below.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi Wirra,
I'm a real amateur when it comes to judging the value of signed programmes, but I would think this could be worth somewhere between £150 to £350. Given that Elio de Angelis, Michele Alboreto, Ken Tyrrell, Teddy Mayer and Carlo Chiti are no longer with us, and that you have several signatures on one programme, perhaps someone might pay substantially more.

Regarding the Renault signatures, I'm fairly certain that you do have Jean-Pierre Jabouille's autograph, but that's the one in the top left of the Arnoux photo. The one below the front wheels is, I think, Gerard Larrousse, well-known driver, who I believe had retired and was managing the Renault team at the time.
John

Edited by john winfield, 16 October 2012 - 07:56.

#3 Wirra

Wirra

• 1,326 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:31

John - A Google 'Image' search suggest you are right on both accounts. Thanks