Crazy calendar

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 10,854 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 19:28

Is it me?

Now the New Jersey race is off for 2013 we will get three blank weeks in June and then the whole of August.

To my mind this is utterly ludicrous.

Advertisement

#2 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 19:33

Is it made official? No chance for changes?

#3 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 10,854 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 19:38

Bernie says not.

#4 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 19:44

Utterly ludicrous is rather harsh. What happened to all you people clamouring about the good old olden days and Senna and all that bullshit, well do you know that back then there were even less races and even bigger gaps. You guys can't have it all.

It's a gap, sure, it's going to suck, sure. But it's not the end of the world. Stop being so hyperbolic. It's not a disgrace. It's not a travesty. You're not personally offended. It's not pathetic and it's not an outrage. Put a tabloid down for once in your life and adopt reasonable attitudes. I swear to god you guys must read the Daily Mail alot.

#5 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,739 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 19:48

lets go nascar instead ;)

#6 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 10,854 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 19:58

Well actually, here in Malta, I don't read ANY newspapers.

But you aren't trying to tell me that the calendar couldn't be balanced a bit better are you? There were rarely back to back races in those days and surely you can't feel that between June 9th and September 1st, having only three races is logical.

#7 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 20:05

lets go nascar instead ;)

This. Every week. All the time. :lol:

#8 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 6,166 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 20:07

Well actually, here in Malta, I don't read ANY newspapers.

But you aren't trying to tell me that the calendar couldn't be balanced a bit better are you? There were rarely back to back races in those days and surely you can't feel that between June 9th and September 1st, having only three races is logical.

It's not officially off yet, so Bernie can't rearrange the dates or add in a new race. Be patient.

#9 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,886 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 20:15

It's not officially off yet, so Bernie can't rearrange the dates or add in a new race. Be patient.

I'm sure the former will occur at some point. The teams will be glad of 19 races, and will lobby for those two large gaps to be spread more evenly over the season.

Edited by Disgrace, 19 October 2012 - 20:16.

#10 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:58

Is it me?

Now the New Jersey race is off for 2013 we will get three blank weeks in June and then the whole of August.

This is actually a present from heaven for all the people of the F1 Circus, who don't have time to see their families anymore. And believe me, for some of them it's very hard.

Don't be selfish.

#11 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,435 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:00

Utterly ludicrous is rather harsh. What happened to all you people clamouring about the good old olden days and Senna and all that bullshit, well do you know that back then there were even less races and even bigger gaps. You guys can't have it all.

It's a gap, sure, it's going to suck, sure. But it's not the end of the world. Stop being so hyperbolic. It's not a disgrace. It's not a travesty. You're not personally offended. It's not pathetic and it's not an outrage. Put a tabloid down for once in your life and adopt reasonable attitudes. I swear to god you guys must read the Daily Mail alot.

This made me :rotfl:

#12 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:26

That's my expectation.

#13 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 6,326 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:49

Haven't seen it, but are you people bitching about the thing called summer break?

#14 SealTheDiffuser

SealTheDiffuser

• 933 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:06

This is actually a present from heaven for all the people of the F1 Circus, who don't have time to see their families anymore. And believe me, for some of them it's very hard.

Don't be selfish.

I hope Bernie gives them a Turkey (race) as present.

Those poor guys and their families :cry:

Edited by SealTheDiffuser, 20 October 2012 - 10:12.

#15 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:57

I hope Bernie gives them a Turkey (race) as present.

Those poor guys and their families :cry:

I was expecting this kind of answer.

An example: my friend at Renault Sport is away 250+ days a year since 2001 and had to go through a divorce because of the distance, now having to share the guard of his daughters, which he doesn't see often anyway.

Plus, he struggles to keep his circle of friends. He's driven by passion, makes a good salary and loves travelling, but it also means a lot of sacrifices.

Sure, it's his choice to live like that, but it doesn't mean it's easy.

And it's the same story for a lot of the Paddock members. You never blame them, when you're a spectator, because you think it's a living dream.

But I don't expect you to understand, because until you talk to these people and learn how it really works behind the scenes, you can't realize any of this, really.

Edited by Ravenak, 20 October 2012 - 11:01.

#16 Nigol

Nigol

• 1,090 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:38

An example: my friend at Renault Sport is away 250+ days a year since 2001 and had to go through a divorce because of the distance, now having to share the guard of his daughters, which he doesn't see often anyway.

Plus, he struggles to keep his circle of friends. He's driven by passion, makes a good salary and loves travelling, but it also means a lot of sacrifices.

And it's the same story for a lot of the Paddock members. You never blame them, when you're a spectator, because you think it's a living dream.

But I don't expect you to understand, because until you talk to these people and learn how it really works behind the scenes, you can't realize any of this, really.

:up: :up: :up:

#17 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:41

so what race will berney replace NYGP with??? i heard he was bidding for turkish GP circuit ... or may be red bull will throw buckets of money and race in Red bull ring in teams spiritual home Austria???

#18 pdac

pdac

• 829 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:31

Like you say, though - it's his choice. There are some that have to put up with similar issues and don't have the passion for their job and don't get a decent salary and don't have a choice.

Personally, I imagine it can be tough. I wouldn't want to do it myself, so I can understand why those that do would be happy for a break. But at the same time, I can easily see why some might not have any sympathy.

#19 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:41

You are right, it's a simple matter of being objective.

And people always want what they don't have :)

But losing my family & friends for living the life of the F1 Circus? Never, ever, afaik. (edit: just like you then)

Edited by Ravenak, 20 October 2012 - 12:42.

Advertisement

#20 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 605 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 14:32

so what race will berney replace NYGP with??? i heard he was bidding for turkish GP circuit ... or may be red bull will throw buckets of money and race in Red bull ring in teams spiritual home Austria???

Bernie owns Paul Ricard.

#21 Baddoer

Baddoer

• 1,495 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:41

No way Turkey could stand for NJ, it's a nightmare for logistics.

#22 pdac

pdac

• 829 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 17:30

Yep, there'd have to be serious resuffle of the calendar to get Turkey in.

#23 Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse

• 53 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 18:56

Is it me?

To be more precise there will be a 3 break after Malaysia, 3 weeks break after Bahrain, it will now be 3 weeks break after Canada, a 4 week break after Hungary and of course 3 to 4 months break before the start of 2014. That's a lot of breaks. Great job if you can get one that's for sure. I won't be losing any sleep worrying about them all in their dream jobs.

#24 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 13:24

Another possible alternative?

http://www.yallaf1.c...ets-grand-prix/

:stoned:

#25 R Soul

R Soul

• 598 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 13:46

I'm sure Qatar has one of those emerging markets that make middle eastern races such a success.

#26 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,580 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 14:03

Summer break is indispensable but a 3 week break in June is pretty daft given there's little TV competition from sports such as football at that point.

As a fan however I'm glad enough the winter break is much shorter these days, it took ages for F1 to be back a few years ago. Can't complain about a 19 races calendar really.

#27 Dunc

Dunc

• 447 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 14:28

Can't complain about a 19 races calendar really.

I'd actually prefer a return to a 16 race calendar, with some race guaranteed (Monaco, Britain, Italy, Belgium (well, Spa), Brazil and Japan, say) and the rest decided on a bidding/lottery system. Never gonna happen though.

#28 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 605 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 15:53

Bernie owns Paul Ricard.

Just read on Speedtv grand prix news briefs it's 90% chance Paul Ricard to replace New Jersey gp.

#29 August

August

• 2,121 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:40

To be more precise there will be a 3 break after Malaysia, 3 weeks break after Bahrain, it will now be 3 weeks break after Canada, a 4 week break after Hungary and of course 3 to 4 months break before the start of 2014. That's a lot of breaks. Great job if you can get one that's for sure. I won't be losing any sleep worrying about them all in their dream jobs.

I think there should be races in two consecutive weeks, then one weekend break. And two or three four-week "holiday" breaks when factories would be closed for two weeks. Nothing is more frustrating for a fan than a three-week break. But two or three "holiday" breaks would allow team staff time to be at home.

#30 MrMontecarlo

MrMontecarlo

• 546 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 17:52

Just read on Speedtv grand prix news briefs it's 90% chance Paul Ricard to replace New Jersey gp.

Great news, I can't believe there's no French GP at the moment.

Edited by MrMontecarlo, 27 October 2012 - 17:52.

#31 Sanman59

Sanman59

• 268 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 13:18

Looks like it!

http://www.yallaf1.c...2013-french-gp/

:)