Nurburgring September 1969
Posted 26 October 2012 - 13:13
Internationale 36 Stunden Nurburgring September 12-14th 1969 ADAC Gau Mittelrhein Ev.
Can anyone tell me what this was. I can find no trace in the calendar for 1969 nor contemporary reports in Autosport etc.
Thanks in advance
Posted 26 October 2012 - 16:26
Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:00
Thank you very much I now have the dubious pleasure of telling the owner of the Mini Marcos that despite the sticker and the alleged competition history the car was not a participant-more dashed dreams.
Ouch and in a field that included a DAF 55 as a finisher and a DAF 44 as a qualifier that pain maybe too much to bear
Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:41
The minimum lap time which each car had to obey during the day varied between 13.30 and 15.30, depending on class, while at night a lap could take a minute 30 seconds more. For every second over the minimum lap time, 100 metres was deducted from the car's achieved distance. Of the 74 starters, 38 reached the finish on Sunday.
The overall top-10 result:
1. Kremer/Gall/Thiel (Porsche 911) 4218.2 km
2. Loos/Rottlender/Pesch (Porsche 911 S) 4133.8 km
3. Schickentanz/Brohl/Bins (BMW 2002 TI) 4133.1 km
4. Schneider/Diedrichs/Bartelt (BMW 2002 TI) 3991.1 km
5. Lenz/Eisenschenk/Stoffel (BMW 2002 TI) 3990.3 km
6. Hennerici/Traben/Mintgen (BMW 2500) 3927.6 km
7. Botsch/Rudolph/Hannes (BMW 2002) 3904.3 km
8. Gellert/Laux/Laux (Opel Rallye Kadett 1.9) 3823.0 km
9. Welter/Köttgen/Schütte (Alfa Romeo) 3805.6 km
10. Buhren/Freudenberg/Schmitz (NSU TTS) 3771.1 km
FL: Kremer/Gall/Thiel 10.16 ?
This is what the regulation booklet looked like:
The 36-hour race was repeated at least until 1973. Further events were announced for 1974 and 1975, but I'm not sure these took place.