Photo

Is Hamilton & Alonso - envious/jealous of Vettel?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
519 replies to this topic

#1 leojagpreet

leojagpreet

• 44 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 16:46

Hello..

It might be only me, but does any one else also thinks that Alonso & Hamilton are jealous of Vettel?

Today at Delhi's podium ceremony, Alonso was so hesitant to say it was hard to beat Vettel today, he mentioned Red bull, generally I don't read alot into that, but lately - I can see a trend between Hamilton & Alonso finding it hard to accept how successful Sebastien is.

Last time in Korea after losing Alonso said he is fighting against Adrian Newey, than he says (not sure when) - himself & Hamilton are cut above rest of the field including Vettel, because Vettel has yet to win in a inferior car. Than Hamilton comes out & say Alonso should win title has Vettel has not won in inferior car.

I kind of have sympathy with Alonso & him saying all this as he is working hard & still cannot beat Vettel.

With Lewis, I think he should shut his mouth - he is one big under achiever, this season he had the best car & yet he didn't win, than Mclaren had good car during mid season & still he fails to win 4 races on the go, Mclaren is not the best operational team, but their driver line up also let them down as well. I cannot see Lewis doing to Mercedes, what Schumi doing to Ferrari - he is simply not that good enough.

Now talk about vettel - he may be not the best driver on grid, it may be alonso, but vettel is mr consistent of F1, like Sachin Tendulkar of cricket, Fedrer of Tennis & spain in football lately. You give him a good car & he will extract best out of it. His record in F1 is second to none with amount of wins & pole positions etc.

Schumi is my fav driver of all time & I won't be surprised if vettel surpasses him.

Again these are my just views & will like to know what other people thinks of that??

Advertisement

#2 aray

aray

• 5,821 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 16:48

anybody would be jealous of a Adrian Newey built rocket....;)

Alonso was speaking the truth anyway...:smoking:

Edited by aray, 28 October 2012 - 16:50.

#3 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 16:52

Yes
I've been thinking it for some time.

#4 robefc

robefc

• 13,534 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 16:52

Hello..

It might be only me, but does any one else also thinks that Alonso & Hamilton are jealous of Vettel?

Today at Delhi's podium ceremony, Alonso was so hesitant to say it was hard to beat Vettel today, he mentioned Red bull, generally I don't read alot into that, but lately - I can see a trend between Hamilton & Alonso finding it hard to accept how successful Sebastien is.

Last time in Korea after losing Alonso said he is fighting against Adrian Newey, than he says (not sure when) - himself & Hamilton are cut above rest of the field including Vettel, because Vettel has yet to win in a inferior car. Than Hamilton comes out & say Alonso should win title has Vettel has not won in inferior car.

I kind of have sympathy with Alonso & him saying all this as he is working hard & still cannot beat Vettel.

With Lewis, I think he should shut his mouth - he is one big under achiever, this season he had the best car & yet he didn't win, than Mclaren had good car during mid season & still he fails to win 4 races on the go, Mclaren is not the best operational team, but their driver line up also let them down as well. I cannot see Lewis doing to Mercedes, what Schumi doing to Ferrari - he is simply not that good enough.

Now talk about vettel - he may be not the best driver on grid, it may be alonso, but vettel is mr consistent of F1, like Sachin Tendulkar of cricket, Fedrer of Tennis & spain in football lately. You give him a good car & he will extract best out of it. His record in F1 is second to none with amount of wins & pole positions etc.

Schumi is my fav driver of all time & I won't be surprised if vettel surpasses him.

Again these are my just views & will like to know what other people thinks of that??

:lol:

To address the topic, Lewis is clearly massively frustrated at what has happened in the last 4 years and believes that the reason vettel is doing so well is down to the car rather than vettel. Rightly or wrongly he'd back himself to have 3 more WDCs I think if he had been vettel's teammate for the last 3 years.

Fred I would guess has a similar opinion except for I didn't think it effected him as much, now I'm not so sure but I don't feel he needs validation from others in the way Lewis does.

#5 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 16:55

Yes, they both have given that feeling for some time. They are likely to find the truth the hard way if they ever join Red Bull to drive alongside Vettel. Until then, they can massage their egos as much as they want. The beauty of F1 is it is very difficult to say clearly who is the best as they all drive different cars.

Edited by SpaMaster, 28 October 2012 - 17:01.

#6 Lights

Lights

• 17,876 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 16:56

With Lewis, I think he should shut his mouth - he is one big under achiever

:D

The contrast. Lovely.

#7 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 16:59

They both should just stop talking and work harder with their teams...currently Vettel and RBR are the best in a third year in a row and they deserve it.

#8 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,735 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:01

So really this is just another Hamilton bashing thread then. :rolleyes:

#9 aray

aray

• 5,821 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:02

one way or another vettel will meet one of these two as a teammate in future i believe...and he is douche enough to risk such disaster for himself i believe...:smoking:

#10 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:02

I was in before the lock... now out! :clap:

#11 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:03

Why is it only Lewis and Fernando, every driver on the grid would want that car...

#12 gm914

gm914

• 6,046 posts

Posted Image

#13 study

study

• 2,452 posts

I would imagine the Vettel fans calling for the Alonso praise thread to be shut earlier and the poster banned will be completely absent from doing the same in this thread.

Lets be honest, yes both Alonso and Lewis want the car and team performance that Vettel has and rightly or wrongly they both believe they can beat him with equal equipment.

#14 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,771 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:06

I am no Vettel fan but the whole attitude both these forums and it seems from the other top two drivers is insulting at best and jealousy/insecurity at worst.

I cannot remember the last time a driver won the WDC in anything but the outright best or equal best car over a season. For the first half of the year Seb had great race after great race with a car that was often not as well sorted as the other top cars. Difference being, when the car is sorted the team has not dropped the ball the way McLaren did for like 5 races in a row with Hamilton.

Shame on the two of them frankly (Alonso and Hamilton). Shame.

#15 aray

aray

• 5,821 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:07

I would imagine the Vettel fans calling for the Alonso praise thread to be shut earlier and the poster banned will be completely absent from doing the same in this thread.

Lets be honest, yes both Alonso and Lewis want the car and team performance that Vettel has and rightly or wrongly they both believe they can beat him with equal equipment.

aptly said... :up:

#16 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,906 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:07

I was half following the OP till his 'Lewis should shut his mouth comment' at which point I burst out laughing.

#17 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,885 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:09

The question is:

Is Vettel envy/jealous of Alonso/Hamilton because he doesn't get the same recognition as them?.

There is no chance in hell that Hamilton and Alonso envy Vettel, maybe they envy his car, but in Hamilton and Alonsos mind, they are better than him, so there is no room for envy when it comes to driving skills. Just my opinion.

#18 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:11

They are, of course, in the sense that they feel that in the Red Bull they could beat him. I'm sure at least Button, Raikkonen and perhaps others like Massa, Rosberg, etc. all feel the same way.

Drivers like Irvine, who have no qualms about admitting they're not as good as their team-mate, are very rare indeed.

#19 Moore

Moore

• 400 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:11

Lewis Hamilton on SV this weekend;

He's a two-time world champion and very rarely makes mistakes

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/92988.html

And what is the need in bashing LH and singing praises for Alonso yet you think they have the same attitude towards him...

Advertisement

#20 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:13

I'm jealous of Vettel.

#21 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:15

I'm jealous of Vettel.

well, the park femme celebration today was OTT and embarrassing.

#22 Alx09

Alx09

• 1,283 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:16

With Lewis, I think he should shut his mouth - he is one big under achiever, this season he had the best car & yet he didn't win, than Mclaren had good car during mid season & still he fails to win 4 races on the go, Mclaren is not the best operational team, but their driver line up also let them down as well.

Tell me one instance where he has gone wrong except for Spa wing setup, which he had 1 practice to evaluate (as much his engineers fault as his).

Edited by Alx09, 28 October 2012 - 17:16.

#23 leojagpreet

leojagpreet

• 44 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:19

I have no idea why Alonso/Hamilton & even fans think that if Vettel/Hamilton/Alonso in same car - Vettel will lose all the time?

Vettel is beating Mark webber consistently for last couple of years & Mark webber is damn good driver, Vettel is someone special & I am sure so as Alonson/Hamilton - but Vettel record makes him better than both of them & if Vettel wins 3rd title in a row - than he should be respected as best driver in world :)

#24 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:21

but Vettel record makes him better than both of them & if Vettel wins 3rd title in a row

Does the equipment he is given have nothing to do with it?

#25 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,571 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:22

I find it ridiculous that what drivers say is analysed to death...

As far as being jealous. I don't think so. I think they have an inner belief that they are better than Vettel. I can't bemoan them that because when Vettel's car was **** this year he looked very ordinary.

#26 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,906 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:24

I have no idea why Alonso/Hamilton & even fans think that if Vettel/Hamilton/Alonso in same car - Vettel will lose all the time?

Vettel is beating Mark webber consistently for last couple of years & Mark webber is damn good driver, Vettel is someone special & I am sure so as Alonson/Hamilton - but Vettel record makes him better than both of them & if Vettel wins 3rd title in a row - than he should be respected as best driver in world :)

Oh, ok.

#27 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:26

I find it ridiculous that what drivers say is analysed to death...

As far as being jealous. I don't think so. I think they have an inner belief that they are better than Vettel. I can't bemoan them that because when Vettel's car was **** this year he looked very ordinary.

Which everyone has forgotten.

#28 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,771 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:29

Does the equipment he is given have nothing to do with it?

But it ALWAYS matters, people are making it sound like the RBR is the first fast car in F1. The 05/06 Renault was a beast, not to mention the IMMENSE starts those things would get. In 2010 Alonso's car was not as fast as vettel's but was way more reliable and Alonso binned it at three different weekends, he lost that WDC himself.

With the exception of 2009 Hamilton has been in a car capable of wins and EVERY YEAR has had a very slippery car which allows him to race.

Does any of that make Vettel better than Alonso or Hamilton? No it doesn't but the reverse applies as well. Bunch of ****ing sooks.

#29 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 899 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:30

Alonso and Vettel congratulating each other after the race:

Posted Image

But I did not want to interrump another nice thread about how much Alonso and Lewis envy Vettel and how ******** we their fans are. Please continue :drunk:

#30 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:30

anybody would be jealous of a Adrian Newey built rocket....;)

This. Deep down every driver on the grid (except Webber :D ) is thinking "if only I could get my hands on such a car, then I'd show them".

I would agree that it's not quite fair vs. Vettel, but it's entirely natural for drivers to feel like that.

#31 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,771 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:32

I can't bemoan them that because when Vettel's car was **** this year he looked very ordinary.

That is bullshit of the highest order, he was great. He picked up place sin most of the 8 races when he looked to be in a lot of trouble after qualifying. It's those first half dozen races and always gaining places that has put him in this position as much as if not more than winning when the car is sorted.

People have very, very selective memories to suit their agenda. i don't even like him either, I have just had enough of the bullshit excuses.

#32 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:33

Lewis Hamilton on SV this weekend;

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/92988.html

And what is the need in bashing LH and singing praises for Alonso yet you think they have the same attitude towards him...

Frankly this is very first time when I am hearing Hamilton to say anything positive about Vettel.

#33 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:35

I agree with them. Must be painful to watch an inferior driver win races only because of an amazing car and team.

#34 robefc

robefc

• 13,534 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:35

This. Deep down every driver on the grid (except Webber :D ) is thinking "if only I could get my hands on such a car, then I'd show them".

I would agree that it's not quite fair vs. Vettel, but it's entirely natural for drivers to feel like that.

It's a real pity that red bull didn't sacrifice team harmony for the good of F1, Lewis v vettel at red bull next year would have been mouth watering.

#35 maverick69

maverick69

• 5,975 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:42

To the OP: Envy and Jealousy are two completely different emotions. You seem to have grouped them as one.

However, I bet they are envious of the equipment at his disposal over the past 4 years. I know I would be.

Anyways........

:lol:

#36 BigBadBless

BigBadBless

• 301 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:43

4 posts so far and this is one of them? If I were you I'd just start a new account under a new name and start again- this thread is a pretty embarrassing start. Sorry pal.

#37 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 2,373 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:46

I agree with them. Must be painful to watch an inferior driver win races only because of an amazing car and team.

This.

#38 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:48

It's a real pity that red bull didn't sacrifice team harmony for the good of F1, Lewis v vettel at red bull next year would have been mouth watering.

Yep. But for all we know, Hamilton and Red Bull never got much further than 1st contact. From Horners perspective I think it's pretty hard to make a case for upsetting Vettel with a potential equal or even superior rival, be it Hamilton or anyone else of similar calibre. They prove time and again they can built the best car and Vettel proves time and again that he can deliver with it. And Webber is close enough to seal them WCCs but not unsettle Vettel. That's as close to perfect as it gets, from a pragmatic teams perspective.

Hey, the bolded has a nice ring to it. Fingers crossed for the last three races!  ;)

#39 Torsion

Torsion

• 627 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:49

The question is:

Is Vettel envy/jealous of Alonso/Hamilton because he doesn't get the same recognition as them?.

There is no chance in hell that Hamilton and Alonso envy Vettel, maybe they envy his car, but in Hamilton and Alonsos mind, they are better than him, so there is no room for envy when it comes to driving skills. Just my opinion.

Personally I think its poor form both of them that they don't recognize Vettel's achievements. I don't think they envy his driving skills as you say, but in my view, it is the other way around, i.e. - the reason why they feel superior can certainly be because of envy/jealousy of his achievements, and the possibility that he might be a 3 time WDC soon. I don't think they would feel this way if Vettel hadn't achieved so much.

Anyway lot of people say that Vettel can only win in the best car, but as Martin Brundle mentioned today on Sky TV, the RBR wasn't necessarily a dominant car in 2010, and yet Vettel was able to win the title. I think he deserves some respect - that is all.

Edited by Torsion, 28 October 2012 - 18:05.

Advertisement

#40 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,571 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:49

That is bullshit of the highest order, he was great. He picked up place sin most of the 8 races when he looked to be in a lot of trouble after qualifying. It's those first half dozen races and always gaining places that has put him in this position as much as if not more than winning when the car is sorted.

People have very, very selective memories to suit their agenda. i don't even like him either, I have just had enough of the bullshit excuses.

He was great in Malaysia, China, Spain, Italy? When the car wasn't at it's best he was frequently out qualified by Webber too.

I think Vettel is great driver but in my opinion he is lacking when it comes to Alonso and Hamilton.

#41 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:50

Personally I think its poor form both of them that they don't recognize Vettel's achievements. I don't think they envy his driving skills as you say, but in my view the reason why they feel this way can certainly be because of envy of his achievements, and the possibility that he might be a 3 time WDC soon.

Anyway lot of people say that Vettel can only win in the best car, but as Martin Brundle mentioned today on Sky TV, the RBR wasn't a dominant car in 2010, and yet Vettel was able to win the title. I think he deserves some respect - that is all.

Guess you didn't watch 2010 then.

#42 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:51

Of course, they are jealous about Vettel's achievements in a such young age.

It's clear both of them think they are better than Vettel (and there's nothing wrong with that), but their attitude and behaviour lately has been very off-putting for me.

#43 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:54

Of course, they are jealous about Vettel's achievements in a such young age.

It's clear both of them think they are better than Vettel (and there's nothing wrong with that), but their attitude and behaviour lately has been very off-putting for me.

I'm sure you were a big fan before.

#44 P123

P123

• 23,938 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:57

Than Hamilton comes out & say Alonso should win title has Vettel has not won in inferior car.

Not quite. You're adding bits in.

Envious of the car he drives and the success that they would like for themselves? Uhm, yes. Not really a revelation, is it? F1 is a sport after all. Not the Sebastian Vettel appreciation society.

#45 Torsion

Torsion

• 627 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 17:59

He was great in Malaysia, China, Spain, Italy? When the car wasn't at it's best he was frequently out qualified by Webber too.

I think Vettel is great driver but in my opinion he is lacking when it comes to Alonso and Hamilton.

I don't think you can use this argument fairly since neither Massa, nor Button has been good in qualifying. My point is, the stats for Alonso and Lweis might look similar as well if there were good quali team-mates.

#46 Torsion

Torsion

• 627 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 18:01

Guess you didn't watch 2010 then.

Not sure whether you read what I said, as I mentioned, it was said by Martin Brundle, I don't have the information to make such an judgement, but as an impartial insider, I found his comments interesting.

#47 study

study

• 2,452 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 18:05

the RBR wasn't a dominant car in 2010, and yet Vettel was able to win the title.

It wasn't? which car was then?

#48 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 18:08

I'm sure Vettel would be the first to admit he had pretty major issues with the balance of the car (more than Webber) and struggled in qualifying, but the races are what matter in the end, don't they?

He was catching Hamilton for 3rd and was ahead of Webber, before the incident which was a race incident at least, mostly Karthikeyan's fault at most.

In China he was a couple laps away of getting 3rd from starting outside the top 10, ended up just behind Webber at 5th. Not terrible I'd say.

Again outside the top 10 in quali, I thought he fought very well after the early stops did nothing for RBs, to get 6th.

What about Italy? Clearly beat Webber in quali, was fighting with the clearly superior Ferraris for podium before the penalty (unfair IMO but whatever), then he passed Webber (right?) and was closing in on Kimi for 5th before the DNF. It was a great race from him IMO.

#49 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,771 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 18:08

It wasn't? which car was then?

There wasn't one. The RB was much faster but cost Vettel a BUNCH of points through reliability problems. he would have won in 2010 with 4 or 5 races to go if his car did not detonate so often. Alonso binne dit three times in 2010, most people seem to want to intentionally forget this, he was not perfect.

#50 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 18:09

Not sure whether you read what I said, as I mentioned, it was said by Martin Brundle, I don't have the information to make such an judgement, but as an impartial insider, I found his comments interesting.

Brundle can't wait to get his nose brown, it makes for quite embarrassing watching a bit like the praise Paul Di Resta gets.

9 race wins which should have been more screams dominance to me.