Photo

Who do you want/think will win the championship?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Poll: Who do you THINK will win the championship? (330 member(s) have cast votes)

Vettel or Alonso

1. Sebastian Vettel (288 votes [87.27%])

Percentage of vote: 87.27%

2. Fernando Alonso (42 votes [12.73%])

Percentage of vote: 12.73%

Who do you WANT to win the championship?

1. Sebastian Vettel (127 votes [38.48%])

Percentage of vote: 38.48%

2. Fernando Alonso (203 votes [61.52%])

Percentage of vote: 61.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 18:44

This thread isn't only about who you think will the championship, but who people want to see win the WDC of 2012.

I think it's safe to say that despite the math not supporting it; Raikkonen, Webber and Hamilton are practically out of contention.

So it comes down to Vettel and Alonso. On that matter, I have two questions in the poll.

I already know who Vettel fans will vote for and who Alonso fans will vote for. However, I'm very interested to see who the Hamilton, Mclaren, Schumacher and so-on other supports want to see win the WDC this season.

Edited by Kingshark, 29 October 2012 - 18:45.

Advertisement

#2 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 18:46

Wait you ask us who we want to win yet it says think in the question? :confused:

#3 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 18:48

Wait you ask us who we want to win yet it says think in the question? :confused:

There are two questions:

1.) Who do you think will win the championship?
2.) Who do you want to win the championship?

Edited by Kingshark, 29 October 2012 - 18:48.

#4 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 18:49

There are two questions:

1.) Who do you think will win the championship?
2.) Who do you want to win the championship?

Nah, perhaps you posted the first poll too soon. Happens ;)

#5 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 18:50

I did, accidentally. :yawnface:

#6 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 18:51

I'd like a 'don't mind which, they're both brilliant' option for the second question. Without that, I can't vote :cry:

#7 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 18:59

I'm sure we all have our inner-biased and support.

#8 DarthWillie

DarthWillie

• 2,559 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 19:02

think: Vettel
Want: doesn't matter, both deserve it

#9 TheNewStig

TheNewStig

• 557 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 19:03

Kimi on both.

#10 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 19:24

I'm sure we all have our inner-biased and support.

Yes, but your poll doesn't account for mine.

#11 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 20:06

Vettel.
Vettel.

#12 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 20:39

Vettel.
Vettel.

me too

#13 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 21:06

Vettel / Vettel

There is no doubt that both would deserve it. Whoever will win it, I think it will go down in history as excellent WDC performance (if nothing unexpected happens in the last 3 races).

#14 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 21:09

Vettel / Alonso.

I'm not an Alonso fan and certainly not a Ferrari fan but although I have nothing against Seb at all, I'd rather he didn't easily 'cruise' to 3 titles. I'd prefer someone else got it this year and him perhaps getting his 3rd next year.

#15 SteF1an

SteF1an

• 893 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 21:12

Vettel.
Vettel.

:up:

#16 rijole1

rijole1

• 633 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 21:17

Kimi on both.

:up: :D

In the absence of Kimi - Vettel in both

#17 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 21:25

Vettel/Alonso

#18 GAZF1nut

GAZF1nut

• 932 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 21:34

As a Lewis fan I would love Alonso to win it. His driving this year has made me a fan of his.
Unfortunately I think Vettel will win it.

#19 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 21:40

Double Vettel. I think both have done a amazing job, and both deserve to win it.

AlonsoĀ“s constant attempts to dismiss VettelĀ“s performance over last couple of years are the reason that makes me want Vettel to take it. But I donĀ“t care too much who takes it, as the guy I support isnĀ“t in the fight anymore and both these guys are awesome.

Advertisement

#20 pacificquay

pacificquay

• 6,266 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 21:55

As a McLaren fan, if McLaren can't win it, I'd rather Vettel does on the basis he's not Alonso and doesn't drive for Ferrari

#21 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 899 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 22:06

Alonso
Alonso

I won't remember any great race from Vettel this year. Probably the team with the best development which is enough to deserve the win, but at the same time I won't forget about penalties, flexiwings, engine maps, and suspension issues.

#22 karne

karne

• 2,040 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 22:17

I want Webber to win it, but if he can't have it, GO FERNANDO!

Edited by karne, 29 October 2012 - 22:18.

#23 fisssssi

fisssssi

• 1,309 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 22:24

Hanzo's avatar just about sums it up for me.

#24 fed up

fed up

• 3,692 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 22:31

Vettel.
Vettel.

+1

#25 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 4,542 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 22:40

I think Fernando will pull it off.

and I want him to take it.

#26 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 22:47

I'd like a 'don't mind which, they're both brilliant' option for the second question. Without that, I can't vote :cry:

That's pretty angelic of you. :D

I can't actually remember a year where I didn't have at least a slight preference for one contender over the other. 2005 comes closest, when I started to wish KR did it but in the end was won over by Alonso during the season (but still wouldn't have minded KR winning).

All the other years since starting to watch I definitely rooted for one over the other, what varied was just how much it meant to me. Somewhat thankfully, I can't imagine ever to get as excited over the whole thing again as during the Senna years.

#27 HuddersfieldTerrier1986

HuddersfieldTerrier1986

• 2,726 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 23:02

Don't support anyone specific, but for me I think Vettel will win it, but would like Alonso to win it.

#28 paulogman

paulogman

• 2,642 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 23:05

alonso has put himself in contention with a car that doesn't deserve to be there.
vettel was nowhere until the car was the fastest.

vettel will win it, but alonso is the best driver of the season.

#29 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 23:12

I think Vettel, I ****ing WANT ALONSO!

#30 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 00:05

That's pretty angelic of you. :D

I can't actually remember a year where I didn't have at least a slight preference for one contender over the other. 2005 comes closest, when I started to wish KR did it but in the end was won over by Alonso during the season (but still wouldn't have minded KR winning).

All the other years since starting to watch I definitely rooted for one over the other, what varied was just how much it meant to me. Somewhat thankfully, I can't imagine ever to get as excited over the whole thing again as during the Senna years.

This year I really wouldn't mind which of them won it. For each it would be #3 so on one hand an achievement very few have managed and on the other no great surprise because of their proven calibre. If Webber, Massa or Raikkonen were within striking distance I'd probably want them to win, I think. In the last decade, I only felt strongly about which driver got to the WDC finishing line in 2003 (Montoya), 2005 (Alonso), 2007 (Hamilton), and 2009 (Button). In other years I really can't begrudge any of them (except 2004, which was getting tiresome) because the sheer amount of work that goes into keeping a team or driver ahead of the game doesn't just begin and end at the last few races, or lay solely with the driver.

#31 sailor

sailor

• 585 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:12

SV / SV

#32 WatchingF1since4yearsold

WatchingF1since4yearsold

• 250 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:34

I think Vettel will win easily.

I want Alonso to win as for me he has been the better driver this season.

#33 Cenotaph

Cenotaph

• 2,390 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:59

A few races ago I was sure Alonso would win it, now I have to vote for Vettel to win. He is in the lead, is carrying momentum, but... Alonso's still very much in it. The difference is minimal and in 3 races do we really think nothing major will happen? So, it's definitely tough to answer the first question.

who I want to win though? Vettel, hands down.

#34 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:33

Alonso
Alonso

I won't remember any great race from Vettel this year. Probably the team with the best development which is enough to deserve the win, but at the same time I won't forget about penalties, flexiwings, engine maps, and suspension issues, and of course I never will forget Singapore 2008.

There, I improved your litany for you (in bold).

#35 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:12

Vettel + Vettel

Alonso trying to blackmail Ferrari (after his stunt at McLaren) is just too much to me to support him.

http://www.lastampa....e0L/pagina.html

Edited by seahawk, 30 October 2012 - 06:56.

#36 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:32

In my opinion, I'm afraid Vettel will win the championship, but I hope to god Alonso does. I can't stand the idea of Sebastian winning his 3rd WDC before Fernando, but I guess that's just me.

#37 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 3,226 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:43

In my opinion, I'm afraid Vettel will win the championship, but I hope to god Alonso does. I can't stand the idea of Sebastian winning his 3rd WDC before Fernando, but I guess that's just me.

Same....

#38 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:47

Vettel/Vettel

#39 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,164 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:53

I'm not a fan of Alonso, but enough for the finger boy already.

Advertisement

#40 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:59

In perfect world the titile would go to the best driver, that is Alonso this season. But in reality it willmost probably go to Vettel

#41 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:08

Vettel + Vettel

Alonso trying to blackmail Ferrari (after his stunt at McLaren) is just too much to me to support him.

http://www.lastampa....e0L/pagina.html

I had this article translated by a machine, and I wish more of Alonso's admirers actually read it. My position on Alonso hasn't changed, if anything, it reinforced my negative feeling about the man. I do not recall Vettel behaving in the same manner. (Talking about "finger" boy, yes, that one). It's hard to understand how anyone can lay the claim that Alonso actually deserves WDC.

#42 choyothe

choyothe

• 2,312 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:12

I had this article translated by a machine, and I wish more of Alonso's admirers actually read it. My position on Alonso hasn't changed, if anything, it reinforced my negative feeling about the man. I do not recall Vettel behaving in the same manner. (Talking about "finger" boy, yes, that one). It's hard to understand how anyone can lay the claim that Alonso actually deserves WDC.

I agree, if we were judging these guys are persons and not drivers, there would be no competition.

#43 Dipster

Dipster

• 572 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:37

I agree.

I have no particular interest in either party so it is of no consequence to me who wins. I just enjoy seeing drivers who can handle their cars (be they F1 or 2CVs) well going for it. I used to enjoy watching George Polley having a go with Barry Lee (do those names mean anything to TNFers?) for example.

#44 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:54

Sebastian Vettel for both questions.

#45 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:51

Do you believe all the BS that is written in the press or just when it suits you?

#46 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:57

I'm a Vettel and Red Bull fan, but really I don't mind who wins this now. If Vettel does, brilliant, if Alonso does it, then I think he truly deserves it and to be even the man where he is now in the standings is a staggering feat that is all his own doing. So I'm looking forward to a battle that hopefully we will have, and may the best man win....

#47 JohnConnor

JohnConnor

• 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:11

Everything suggests it's going to be Vettel, but I have a feeling that it might not be as straightforward victory afterall. Alonso did very well in India and if Ferrari will be able to improve even a couple of tenths, then Alonso might be able to fight the bulls still. Although I support Vettel, I must say that Alonso is so focused, so driven and so hungry that he might yet pull a final rabbit out of a hat and give the bulls a run for their money. We might see a harrowing finale afterall.

#48 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:22

Do you believe all the BS that is written in the press or just when it suits you?

Offer alternatives, and we see what could be done. Obviously this one doesn't bode well with you and your perception about the driver, that's clear.

#49 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:31

Offer alternatives, and we see what could be done. Obviously this one doesn't bode well with you and your perception about the driver, that's clear.

You didn't answer my question. Do you believe everything is written in the press?

#50 Cesc

Cesc

• 1,204 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:34

As you said, this article only reinforces your already negative view. Even if it is true (which is a big IF), I would like to see the in-doors business of all teams and we would probably discuver some curiosities.

For what to me concerns, which is in-track action, Alonso is putting that car in a position which is difficult to believe it can be. His driving has been flawless all season and his race pace is outstanding in all conditions. I think Ferrari cannot complain about him and in fact, Alonso can be disappointed of seeing how a better package is beating him again.

Massa can also say whatever he wants, he only scored when he was +100 points behind Alonso and helping him very little, something that Webber is in a position to do so with Vettel. And probably, independently on who wins the champ, Alonso will be again voted as the best driver of the year by the paddock people, like in 2008 and 2010.

So to summarize, Alonso deserves the champ as much as Vettel, the fact that YOU donĀ“t want him to win it is a different story.