Photo

Circuito do Estoril in Pre-war

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sramoa

sramoa

• 355 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 19:24

I saw some results these events(If my info is correct they were three events),but I didn't find any info,storie,full entry list on the Net and here is in search engine.Why black hole these events?Maybe only for me.. :lol:

Advertisement

#2 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,592 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 20:05

There's some discussion on dates and winners in this earlier thread:

Portuguese race dates

and here's the circuit map:

Using info from Guido's site.

Red is the 1937 layout and the yellow is what I believe (from the description on the site) is where the 1935 layout differs.

Posted Image

#3 sramoa

sramoa

• 355 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 20:18

It's right!Luis Mateus think:"In 1925 there was in fact a circuit in Estoril called "Circuito do Estoril". It was the first one at that village but it was diferent from the other two held in 1935 and 1937."

I have only result in 1935 and 1937.

Can I find somewhere online portugal newspapers in these times?(hemeroteca or...???)

#4 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,776 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 20:36

It's right!Luis Mateus think:"In 1925 there was in fact a circuit in Estoril called "Circuito do Estoril". It was the first one at that village but it was diferent from the other two held in 1935 and 1937."

I have only result in 1935 and 1937.

Can I find somewhere online portugal newspapers in these times?(hemeroteca or...???)

http://www.fmsoares....o_de_lisboa/ano

Not the easiest site I've come across: it's crap in Firefox so you have to use IE, but even then it's still pretty slow. Only searchable by date.

AFAIK it's the only Portuguese online newspaper archive.

#5 GMiranda

GMiranda

• 1,173 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:22

Hello

From what I remember, the 1925 Circuito do Estoril was more a regularity race than a circuit properly.

During the thirties, as the dictatorship brought politic and economic stability to Portugal, circuit racing - all of them small around the town circuits - had a huge boom - in which we have the genesis of mythical tracks such as Boavista, Vila do Conde and Vila Real. Estoril was one of them, and I may have the map somewhere, because portuguese Autosport produced some historical supplements, but I have it all stored on the garage and it need some time to find something. I think the first edition was won by Manoel de Oliveira, later known as the renowned filmmaker, which died some years ago with 106 yo.