* * * * - 20 votes

Ferrari F2012 part IV

• Please log in to reply
1886 replies to this topic

#551 Enzoluis

Enzoluis

• 984 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:06

Again we are the only team not improving from Q2. How could it be?

Advertisement

#552 dreamerBiH

dreamerBiH

• 206 posts

Yeah, now he can tell once again how he believes in the team and everything. What a joke, OMG. I knew that we stand no chance, but I didn't know that we can suck this much. You have to keep in mind that Ferrari is pushing with developments more than any other team maybe except Red Bull, yet we were slower than four teams.

These guys are worth shit

#553 tmprikol

tmprikol

• 48 posts

I am kind of getting used to it, the fact that we suck hurts less than it used to be before.

#554 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 714 posts

I think starting from P3 or P4 is possible this weekend. I don't think Lotus, Williams, Sauber... will be there like they do sometimes. What I fear is a strong Mclaren team tomorrow, as usual. That would mean P5-P6 and a very very difficult mountain to climb from there...

wow

#555 MoP

MoP

• 189 posts

worst thing is, they both starton the dirty side....seeing the practice starts, theyare gonna lose positions....

#556 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,921 posts

Alonso is 0.4 behind Massa but both outqualified by a Mercedes. Not good enough from Ferrari.

#557 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:07

Alonso once again a shit qualifier. We need Vettel NOW!

#558 Claudiu

Claudiu

• 193 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:07

I really hope that Vettel wins tomorrow so all this nonsense with championship hopes, goes away ... its a miracle we got that far with such a BS car.

Edited by Claudiu, 17 November 2012 - 19:07.

#559 bmardini

bmardini

• 326 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:08

Well, at least Vettel will put us out of our misery tomorrow as opposed to Brazil. I just want it to be over.

Advertisement

#560 Massa

Massa

• 4,326 posts

They were faster in Q2.. What's wrong with the tyres ?

#561 JBLeon

JBLeon

• 120 posts

Fixed that for you.

Oh yeah!

You sure did.

#562 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,938 posts

The car is shit but Alonso was rubbish today... A Force India is faster! Vettel will stitch it up this weekend if no reliability issues befall him.

#563 topical

topical

• 2,097 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:09

We really don't deserve to win anything this season ... not with a car like this.

It's not only the car. Alonso's qualifying in the last races hasn't been great and today was pathetic.
At this rate, Vettel will almost certainly be crowned champion tomorrow. Alonso will start on the dirty side and I can't see him having the pace for P4.
What an awful end to the season.

#564 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,438 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:10

The car is shit and Alonso was rubbish. At the end of the day though, it's fairly irrelevant. We wouldn't have a chance with the most perfect Alonso behind the wheel.

#565 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,921 posts

They were faster in Q2.. What's wrong with the tyres ?

Ferrari have struggled in qualifying all season, I suspect 10 minutes of Q3 just wasn't enough to get the tyres in the operating window. They could be sitting ducks at the beginning of the race too.

#566 Massa

Massa

• 4,326 posts

Massa was FOUR TENTHS faster in Q2. WTF ?? Q2 times of Massa would be enough to 4th.

This server is shit, really.

Edited by Massa, 17 November 2012 - 19:11.

#567 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

@Hanzo and u mentioned Lotus that he wont find pace... Look just what Ferrari did.
that car is miserable and Alonso lost his mojo in quali for like 3rd race inr ow (dunno what happened).

This is the end of championship, no amtter how u look at that. His chances are illisionary. Even if he will get into top 4. he will ned vettel to dnf next year and win in Brazil. And with that car IT IS IMPOSSIBLE (unless, Lotus, RBR, McLaren all will go full retard in Brasil)

#568 zottzell

zottzell

• 113 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:11

More than 1 second! What excuses and scapegoat the development guys going to find?

Wind-tunnel correlation? Its and old classic by now and I don't see why it wont be usable again.

But to be honest the F2012 have been shockingly weak all season, a team with the amount of resources that Ferrari got should really be able to compete at the top.

#569 Techcheat

Techcheat

• 159 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:14

Pure INCOMPETANCE at display. After aborting in the 1st half of last year to develop this years car as last years car had *tyre heating* issues in qualifying. After all the press blah blah about building an aggresive car for this season pull rod vis a vis push rod and all the things to build not only a winning car but a car that warms its car quickly. After having so many rules coming out against RBR vis a vis exhaust, mapping, wing tests and what not to make them slow....

Today we couldnt qualify higher as we couldnt heat the tires supposedly. Sounds familiar doesnt it!

To be really honest, Alonso's age too is catching up and he cant put the car in a magical lap like Maldo or Hamilton does from time to time. What a shame, what a disaster, millions of dollars, 2 wind tunnels, 8 straight line speed tests, pre-season testing, in-season testing, young driver test, and the result is that we are behind Lotus, Williams, and Force India (lol).

If SFD and other heads dont roll. And if they continue to employ and trust the likes of Massa and the other folks in the team to somehow magically become better... well I can just say in this day and age, its like doing same thing again and again and hoping for a differnt result. No matter what the result is tomorrow, after 7 years of follows Nando, and last few years at Ferrari I will no longer be cheering for them.

I now sincerely believe that as a pure talent Hamilton is miles ahead of Alonso, its just that he has a tendency to implode under pressure that Vettel doesnt suffer from. Hopefuly some stars in the future like Hamilton, Maldo, Perez or some other can dethrone Vettel some day.

Alonso is just better than Massa, Webber and likes of Button, but the new crop in a competitive car have wizzed passed. I am really sad and angry today. I would absolutely now hate listening to Alonso saying the dumbest of things like we are better team they are a better car.... Well they are a better team buddy, guess what, they are leading the Contrustors, the Drivers and doing so 3 years in a row.. So wake up!

#570 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,472 posts

I hope it will be all over tomorrow. Watching Fernando struggling is worse than torture...

#571 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,822 posts

The Alonso bashing is stupid. The tyres worked for him even less than for Massa. Lauda saying the same btw. The car did not work under today's conditions. Oh, Alonso looking quite relaxed in the interview on RTL. I guess he wants it to be over too ....

#572 ultimategold

ultimategold

• 15 posts

I can see Schumacher getting a grid penalty for blocking in Q2, which would move Alonso up to 7th. From there a good start and we could up to fifth by end of 2nd lap

#573 currupipi

currupipi

• 1,290 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:15

alonso looked like sh.. all q sessions but massa looked great until q3 , what a shame

#574 thechin

thechin

• 275 posts

I think you're all being a little harsh. It's quite clear they have massive issues switching these tyres on, obviously a bit better for Massa than Alonso.

This is the first time this year he's been outqualified (properly) by Massa, don't know what the massive criticism is for the Q for last few races?? It's been pretty good considering the car and the change in the tyres.

A bad day and they have zero chance tomorrow, can only hope for a DNF for Vettel. They will be 20 plus seconds back after a handful of laps.

#575 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,938 posts

The car is shit and Alonso was rubbish. At the end of the day though, it's fairly irrelevant. We wouldn't have a chance with the most perfect Alonso behind the wheel.

I beg to differ. Alonso's penultimate lap would have had him 4th/5th had it not been for his mistake in the final sector... Anyway, the car was complete crap today.

#576 topical

topical

• 2,097 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:17

The Alonso bashing is stupid. The tyres worked for him even less than for Massa. Lauda saying the same btw. The car did not work under today's conditions. Oh, Alonso looking quite relaxed in the interview on RTL. I guess he wants it to be over too ....

Sorry, I have praised Alonso all year as we all have here but when he comes out with crap like "I am more than 100% sure of winning the title" and then puts in shocking qualy performances like today, plus all the subtle digs at Ferrari over recent weeks for not making the car faster, he will be criticised. Yes, the car is sh*t, but Alonso's qualy in the last races has been sh*t too and today was the worst. I am so disappointed.

Edited by topical, 17 November 2012 - 19:19.

#577 topical

topical

• 2,097 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:18

I can see Schumacher getting a grid penalty for blocking in Q2, which would move Alonso up to 7th. From there a good start and we could up to fifth by end of 2nd lap

Don't even start. Please. The WDC is over. Just accept it.

#578 MichaelPM

MichaelPM

• 2,587 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:18

I'm starting to hope that Ferrari don't get this WDC, they clearly don't deserve it. :down:

#579 Topsu

Topsu

• 792 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:19

Since when has Massa been better on the harder compounds? :drunk:

Advertisement

#580 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,438 posts

I beg to differ. Alonso's penultimate lap would have had him 4th/5th had it not been for his mistake in the final sector... Anyway, the car was complete crap today.

That's exactly my point, a perfect Alonso might have finished P4/5 which still isn't good enough. That's what I meant by irrelevant, irrelevant in terms of the fight for the championship.

#581 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,472 posts

Knuckles I have the same feeling. I think he knows he has no chance...

#582 Frank

Frank

• 191 posts

Looking forward what the tech guys say and maybe some posters here praying for other racer's DNF.

#583 dreamerBiH

dreamerBiH

• 206 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:20

And than what? I said one thing today that I have a strange feeling that Hamilton can help Alonso. Maybe he and Vettel will crash at the start. However, with today's performance Alonso doesn't deserve this championship IMO and Vettel should take it no matter how bad it hurts.

#584 currupipi

currupipi

• 1,290 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:21

Since when has Massa been better on the harder compounds? :drunk:

good question, really weird the way this has panned out

#585 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,474 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:21

Good job by Massa at least. Hopefully Alonso can make the race entertaining tomorrow as well.

with today's performance Alonso doesn't deserve this championship IMO

One bad qualifying performance erases everything else he's done this year?

I hate F1 fans sometimes, I really do.

Edited by Seanspeed, 17 November 2012 - 19:22.

#586 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,938 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:22

Sorry, I have praised Alonso all year as we all have here but when he comes out with crap like "I am more than 100% sure of winning the title" and then puts in shocking qualy performances like today, plus all the subtle digs at Ferrari over recent weeks for not making the car faster, he will be criticised. Yes, the car is sh*t, but Alonso's qualy in the last races has been sh*t too and today was the worst. I am so disappointed.

I don't understand Alonso's tactics. He knew they were struggling with warm up issues and yet his out laps are the slowest of everybody. When everybody else was gunning it to warm the tyres Alonso looked as if he was on a Sunday drive. The same can be said for his first timed lap as well.

#587 topical

topical

• 2,097 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:23

Knuckles I have the same feeling. I think he knows he has no chance...

Two weeks ago he was "more than 100%" confident of winning the title. Maybe he still knows something we don't.

#588 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,819 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:25

Cut the BS, what do you expect him to say?, the car was crap, the title is over?, get real. If he want to be over positive in the worst day, it's his problem, you are mature enough to understand why he is saying that.

You gotta love "the Ferrari fans" twisting the knife, when he has done amazing race after amazing race all the year, and at the end of the day we all know that the problem it's the car, not 2 or 3 bad qualifying sessions, if that's what you think.

#589 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 714 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:26

If Alonso stays on the track after the first laps, no doubt I will follow the race till the end. Vettel is very very fast, but he has to finish the race. It is sad to rely in others problems, but I would not bet my house on the RB reliability, especially looking that fast.

#590 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:28

And than what? I said one thing today that I have a strange feeling that Hamilton can help Alonso. Maybe he and Vettel will crash at the start. However, with today's performance Alonso doesn't deserve this championship IMO and Vettel should take it no matter how bad it hurts.

Today's performance? Vettel has had many crappy qualifying weekends such as China, Monaco and Belgium worse than any of Alonso's.

This is just a matter of this car being incompetent.

#591 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,822 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:29

And because you are pissed you prefer to believe the theory that Alonso suddenly lost half a second over the very obvious fact that making the tyres work was the decisive factor today, and neither Ferrari did? Occam's razor is frequently wrongly applied on this BB, but this is a good place to use it.

#592 Enzoluis

Enzoluis

• 984 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:29

There is nothing we can do against an unbeatable car in six races. We couldnĀ“t make the best nor at least a truly fighting car since 2008. Maybe in 2010 an this year we had a small chance and we droped the ball. Until the F1 will be the kingdom of aerodinamic tricks and without the chance to use Fiorano for testing we are going to be no more than second or third best.

#593 tarmac

tarmac

• 1,155 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:30

https://twitter.com/...884380225339392

@InsideFerrari and @OfficialSF1Team scrubbed all tyres in FP3. Maybe the wrong decision. Both teams struggling in qualifying.

#594 thechin

thechin

• 275 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:30

I don't understand Alonso's tactics. He knew they were struggling with warm up issues and yet his out laps are the slowest of everybody. When everybody else was gunning it to warm the tyres Alonso looked as if he was on a Sunday drive. The same can be said for his first timed lap as well.

I think you're a bit too quick to criticise. His first timed lap was on a par with Hamiltons i recall.

Those tyres just weren't working today - combined with Ferraris decision to send them out on used tyres for the final run (!), this is the result.

#595 dreamerBiH

dreamerBiH

• 206 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:31

Cut the BS, what do you expect him to say?, the car was crap, the title is over?, get real. If he want to be over positive in the worst day, it's his problem, you are mature enough to understand why he is saying that.

You gotta love "the Ferrari fans" twisting the knife, when he has done amazing race after amazing race all the year, and at the end of the day we all know that the problem it's the car, not 2 or 3 bad qualifying sessions, if that's what you think.

Sorry mate, I really don't agree with you. It is one thing when the car is not capable of sth, but today second row was possible for Alonso. We can clearly see that from Felipe's time in Q2. With P4 he would have had the chance to fight Vettel in the race. He simply failed and he deserves to be criticized for that.

#596 topical

topical

• 2,097 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:31

Alonso has been brilliant this year, but after a day like today I would just like to see him come out and say "sorry guys, I didn't hook the lap together, my fault." Instead I bet we'll get something like "this is what we expect with the car we have, normal positions".
Anyway, I'll get over it. I'm just so damn disappointed at how this year has ended.

#597 gramsy1977

gramsy1977

• 213 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 19:33

Both equally deserve to win the title. I could even say Alonso deserves it more as he has done an outstanding job all year driving this piece of shit. On the contrary, Red Bull is clearly head of the field last 6 or 7 races so it's a lot easier for Vettel. Anyway, it seems finger boy will put us all out of our misery tomorrow.

#598 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,474 posts

With P4 he would have had the chance to fight Vettel in the race.

You really are a dreamer, aren't you?

#599 bmardini

bmardini

• 326 posts

That's exactly my point, a perfect Alonso might have finished P4/5 which still isn't good enough. That's what I meant by irrelevant, irrelevant in terms of the fight for the championship.

The car just doesn't get the fronts working like the RB does. Actually its pretty shocking that they were this far behind. I am 95% sure the problem was tire temp, but still they had 3 hours on Friday and 1 hour on Saturday to experience the track, it was painfully obvious that the only way to succeed in quali was to throw a setup at the car that favored quick warmup. With the zero deg they could manage the situation in the race. didn't do it. Tomorrow we will see Ferrari be the purple car late in the 1st stint, and then towards the end of the race, but Vettel will be 20s up the road by then.

Really though Ferrari had no business fighting for this championship. I think they got relaxed when they were ~50 points ahead and then after Spa and Suzuka they got caught with their pants down (esp as RB hit a purple patch).

All hail Seb, 3xWDC...

Advertisement

#600 Claudiu

Claudiu

• 193 posts

I think in the end the car just wasn't there this season, let's not forget how far back we were at the beginning, we were shit in qualy all year long, this is a recurring theme already for the last 3-4 years, I am soooooooo fed up to see that we don't have a proper car in qualy, I think this is what Ferrari need to do next year, focus all resources into building a proper car in qualy.

It doesn't help when you are fast in the race if we are starting 5-6-7-8 ...