Photo

Can we compare Vettel and Johnson's 2012 championship runs?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Can we compare Vettel and Johnson's 2012 championship runs? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Can we compare Vettel and Johnson's 2012 championship runs?

1. Yes (8 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

2. No (19 votes [70.37%])

Percentage of vote: 70.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Red17

Red17

• 3,921 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 14:14

I know it's diferent championships, countries, cultures, bla bla, but I made the poll anyway, think of it as a passing of the torch from the Texas Nascar race to the Texas Formula 1 race.

Watching both championships unfold I cannot stop seeing that both drivers (Jimmy and Sebastian) had some similar performances in these closing races.

Both came back to form just in time in the season to take back to back victories with poles and strong races. Both had luck in yellow flags

Both their rivals have been strugling with qualifying and speed but are backed by huge teams. Both rivals had good race results overall but seem to have lost the momentum.

Coincidence? Or just a case of one driver getting over his problems while the other has not improven much?

Advertisement

#2 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 16:30

I know it's diferent championships, countries, cultures, bla bla, but I made the poll anyway, think of it as a passing of the torch from the Texas Nascar race to the Texas Formula 1 race.

Watching both championships unfold I cannot stop seeing that both drivers (Jimmy and Sebastian) had some similar performances in these closing races.

Both came back to form just in time in the season to take back to back victories with poles and strong races. Both had luck in yellow flags

Both their rivals have been strugling with qualifying and speed but are backed by huge teams. Both rivals had good race results overall but seem to have lost the momentum.

Coincidence? Or just a case of one driver getting over his problems while the other has not improven much?

Considering how tight the NASCAR field is, Jimmie Johnson would had to be considered the A.J. Foyt of the 21st century, Vettel has a more clear-cut car advantage.

#3 Cenotaph

Cenotaph

• 2,390 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 16:32

The amount of whinging they cause is certainly similar.

#4 HP

HP

• 19,631 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 23:00

The amount of whinging they cause is certainly similar.

Priceless

#5 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 23:12

I haven't watched too muc nascar this year but isn't it more like Tony Stewart last year?
Won bugger all and then wins like 5 races in the chase-though i believe he never lead the standings until after the last race.

#6 Red17

Red17

• 3,921 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 13:17

Considering how tight the NASCAR field is, Jimmie Johnson would had to be considered the A.J. Foyt of the 21st century, Vettel has a more clear-cut car advantage.

He did win 5 consecutive championships, and considering how young he is he may set a new all time record.
Same for Vettel, who has what? Won 3 out of 4 seasons he had?

#7 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 8,379 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 16:11

I haven't watched too muc nascar this year but isn't it more like Tony Stewart last year?
Won bugger all and then wins like 5 races in the chase-though i believe he never lead the standings until after the last race.

Hamlin was on 4 wins pre-Chase, Johnson had 3 but more top 5 results.