Photo

Whitmarsh on Hamilton, Merc deal, Lewis' regrets & Perez-Jenson pairing!

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#1 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:58

Q&A with McLaren’s Martin Whitmarsh- Formula1.com

All this sounds like a a bad divorce speech from a jilted lover. :rolleyes:

Hamilton has made his decision, how can MH "assume" that Lewis is regretting the decision.
In the same breath, he is already putting fear in Perez even before he has joined the team.
And MW is openly wishing dooms day for Hamilton, his employee for 13 years. Nice way to treat your employees.

The best part is him saying Button will push for NO.1 status and put pressure on Perez. Seriously :down:

But a very open interview, so hats off to MW... thats the only positive. Rest, the whole interview is drenched with negativity towards Hamilton, openly stating Mercedes is no good... and thinking Perez might turn out to be a wrong decision.

nice Job MW.

Edited by D.M.N., 09 November 2012 - 13:59.
Remove blatant copyright infringment

Advertisement

#2 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,277 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:10

Disgusting how Withmarsh second guesses Hamilton.

Btw the title in Autosport webpage

McLaren reckons Hamilton had regrets

is bad journalism reaching new heights.

Reckons what? how can he reckon something he doesn't know about and is only guessing.

#3 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:12

Worst PR ever. I cant believe smn is wishing smn smt like

I hope he thinks today that he’s made an awful mistake and I hope he thinks that next year.

That's just hilarious. How, a man that claims that he had so great relationship with Hamilton, that works with him from his teens, can hope that he will regret his decission, and that made a mistake. Sweet jesus, Martin Whitmarsh need to have his own PR guy that will work with him. it is his next comment in recent times that sounds just plain stupid.

Anyway this comment deserve it's own thread.

#4 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,867 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:12

Another reason to look forward to the 2013 season, Hamilton vs McLaren, who will regret more?.

#5 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,034 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:13

As I said in the Lewis Hamilton thread

Do people really think he was going to wish Lewis the best year possible at Merc next season? This is sport, if one of your stars leaves you want them to perform badly and not take wins away from your outfit. Are us Lewis Hamilton fans really that ****ing soft that we think "OMG! He doesn't want Lewis to win next season at his new team, what a meanie " Get a bloody grip, this is F1 not ****ing ballet.

#6 bub

bub

• 2,722 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:20

Worst PR ever. I cant believe smn is wishing smn smt like

That's just hilarious. How, a man that claims that he had so great relationship with Hamilton, that works with him from his teens, can hope that he will regret his decission, and that made a mistake. Sweet jesus, Martin Whitmarsh need to have his own PR guy that will work with him. it is his next comment in recent times that sounds just plain stupid.

Anyway this comment deserve it's own thread.

:rolleyes: If somebody leaves your team of course you're going to hope they regret it. If they don't regret it, it means your team is failing.

On another note does anyone know where this JB is so smart stuff comes from? Do other people also think this or is it just Whitmarsh?

Edited by bub, 09 November 2012 - 13:53.

#7 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,277 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:21

I think you should think hard what is the behavior to be expected of a Team Principal.

This almost reads as a Telenovela or an !Hola article...

And btw i am not an Hamilton fan.

#8 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,472 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:26

Wow anyone without a 100% political correct robotic computer generated opinion gets burned by the F1 fanbase

#9 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:31

I believe that he would be better off with us - we are the stronger team - and we intend to beat him next year!

:up:

I think he's bitter, definitely, but not in a bad way or anything. He's probably just baffled how such an obvious win-win pairing like Mclaren/Lewis is being thrown away because Lewis feels some need to prove himself elsewhere. Mclaren will miss him and I think Lewis will ultimately miss Mclaren, so yea, I can see how Whitmarsh feels this way.

#10 TheSpecialOne

TheSpecialOne

• 105 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:33

this interview is such a non-issue. Whitmarshes remarks are of a friendly rivalry, of course he wants to give Lewis something to regret next season, so will Ron and the whole mclaren team will be fired up to prove he made the wrong call. It's just human nature. As a Hamilton fan, I think whitmarsh has got his comments on Hamilton spot on, if Lewis thinks he's made a mistake next season, then that means Mclaren (mw's team) have done a better job. He's not wishing ill of Hamilton and probably wouldn't begrudge ham victory if both of his drivers were out of a race for whatever reason. Some people can't read between the lines, and interpret things so literally.

Another way of looking at it is this. I follow Manchester United, when Ronaldo left for Real Madrid, I genuinely wished him well (as many other fans did) as he was moving to a different competition (la liga) so I wanted to see him do well and succeed. F1 is different. If you move to a different team in F1 you are still direct rivals, and on the same piece of Tarmac. So wanting to beat an old driver is much more prevelant than in other sports. You face the same people every week.

Edited by TheSpecialOne, 09 November 2012 - 13:35.

#11 robefc

robefc

• 13,533 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:33

Frankly his comments about Perez are more bizarre...not the kind of comments I'd want to read as a young guy coming to a team...and it's not as if he's coming from a lower formula, some of the comments (about his fitness etc) seem pretty disrespectful to both him and Sauber.

#12 Cacarella

Cacarella

• 1,110 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:37

Wow anyone without a 100% political correct robotic computer generated opinion gets burned by the F1 fanbase

No, just the vocal minority.
Something like 30 people complained about the swearing on the podium last week and
the drivers were reprimanded by the FIA.

He's 100% right to believe that Hamilton has regrets, can you image if he was asked that same
question and he said "nah, Lewis doesn't regret leaving us, and shouldn't - we suck!"
I can only assume that's what the vocal minority of Hamilton fans wanted to hear.

#13 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:38

I think you should think hard what is the behavior to be expected of a Team Principal.

This almost reads as a Telenovela or an !Hola article...

And btw i am not an Hamilton fan.

This ... but then in some ways F1 is a soap opera for men

#14 Burtros

Burtros

• 3,222 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:43

This is only going to go one way on this forum, and that is an absolute caining for Whitmarsh and McLaren.

I think hes probably right on most points. And what else was he going to say? McLaren owe Hamilton nothing anymore.

Its nice to see McLaren come out fighting a bit in this for once. Shows they are feeling the disspaointments of this year and as a McLaren fan thats what I want. This year should hurt McLaren so bad that it motivates them I would hope.

#15 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:51

Ha, potential nightmare scenario for Whitmarsh: in 2013 Jense keeps coming 3/4/5, Checo keeps crashing and falling off, and Lewis helps Merc turn around and comes 3rd in the wdc.

Whitmarsh orchestrated the ousting of Lewis from his 2008/9 No1 status, which is the big carrot Ross has offered, so it's his head on the block. He has to be hoping desperately that it doesn't work for Lewis.

Though Ron didn't help either, expecting Lewis to stay out of everlasting gratitude apparently.

#16 thesham01

thesham01

• 1,502 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:54

I actually don't think its a big deal at all. In fact I think its a cool thing that Whitmarsh was being honest and speaking his mind. Something the world needs more of.

And at the worst he's playing mind games, and lets be honest; mind games are ****ing awesome fun in sports.

More of this kinda thing would be nice.

#17 femi

femi

• 8,288 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:55

The way MW is going on about it, I construct those statements as "I desperately regret that he has left us". Judging by how LH is looking so happy and relaxed these days, it is difficult to see where MW is coming from. The happiest looking and best performing member of the Mclaren team is LH. The rest just looks lost and sad...

#18 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:55

Would you guys chill out? Whitmarsh just says the obvious things from his POV. We believe we are the better team, yes probably if Lewis looks at Mercedes racing the Saubers he might have some regrets about his decision, blah blah. And of course he wants to beat Mercedes, and Hamilton, and everybody else. What did you guys think? The head of McLaren to say oh if we finish behind Lewis we 'll be so damn happy we 'll put on the orange shirts to celebrate Lewis' victory?

#19 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 6,769 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:58

As I said in the Lewis Hamilton thread

Do people really think he was going to wish Lewis the best year possible at Merc next season? This is sport, if one of your stars leaves you want them to perform badly and not take wins away from your outfit. Are us Lewis Hamilton fans really that ****ing soft that we think "OMG! He doesn't want Lewis to win next season at his new team, what a meanie " Get a bloody grip, this is F1 not ****ing ballet.

:up: :lol:

Advertisement

#20 P123

P123

• 23,842 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 13:59

So far it appears that Whitmarsh is displaying more regret than the driver whose contract ends on 31st December.

Naturally Whitmarsh will be hoping Hamilton regrets his decision to leave.

#21 P123

P123

• 23,842 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:03

Frankly his comments about Perez are more bizarre...

I'd agree with you on that. Some mixed messages. Already he's turned into an apologist to the press whenever Perez has an incident. These things really aren't worth feeding as they only enable the press to create a story out of them, as Whitmarsh and McLaren PR are still to learn.

Edited by P123, 09 November 2012 - 14:04.

#22 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:03

Another reason to look forward to the 2013 season, Hamilton vs McLaren, who will regret more?.

The way its looking now...I think both parties could end up losing out.

#23 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:04

The way MW is going on about it, I construct those statements as "I desperately regret that he has left us". Judging by how LH is looking so happy and relaxed these days, it is difficult to see where MW is coming from. The happiest looking and best performing member of the Mclaren team is LH. The rest just looks lost and sad...

Which is why he has to insinuate that LH left for more money at Merc and not for any other reason:

Q: There has been speculation that there must have been something bigger than wanting to flee the nest. He would have the chance to become world champion with you in 2013, a chance that is arguably non-existent with Mercedes, given that there are no major regulation changes for the cars next season. So what was it?
MW: We made Lewis an offer - an offer, which I believe is more money than any other driver at the moment is being paid. That leads us to suspect that our competitor and our partner Mercedes-Benz offered a bit more money. I don’t know that, but I think for Lewis made his decision. I am disappointed in one sense, but you have to focus on going forward.

Q: Hamilton has spoken about the great opportunity a big team like Mercedes can give him. What does that make you?
MW: Ah, you have to justify your decision. He is not going to say ‘hey, they offered me more money’. He is also not going to say that he’s made an awful mistake. I hope he thinks today that he’s made an awful mistake and I hope he thinks that next year. He’s made that decision and he has to live with that decision. I have known him since he was 11 and worked with him since his teens and I know we will both be very emotional after Brazil. We have had one or two emotional moments since the decision was taken and I believe, but you must ask him, that we have a very good relationship.

This is pretty low IMO ...

#24 Wingnut

Wingnut

• 717 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:05

Ha, potential nightmare scenario for Whitmarsh: in 2013 Jense keeps coming 3/4/5, Checo keeps crashing and falling off, and Lewis helps Merc turn around and comes 3rd in the wdc.

Whitmarsh orchestrated the ousting of Lewis from his 2008/9 No1 status, which is the big carrot Ross has offered, so it's his head on the block. He has to be hoping desperately that it doesn't work for Lewis.

Though Ron didn't help either, expecting Lewis to stay out of everlasting gratitude apparently.

Is that the case?

#25 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:06

Which is why he has to insinuate that LH left for more money at Merc and not for any other reason:

Because that's the general assumption (obviously outside of this forum) ... That McLaren offered slightly more money upfront than Mercedes but Mercedes left Hamilton free to seek out personal sponsors ie the package was more attractive financially as a whole.

#26 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:08

Because that's the general assumption (obviously outside of this forum) ... That McLaren offered slightly more money upfront than Mercedes but Mercedes left Hamilton free to seek out personal sponsors ie the package was more attractive financially as a whole.

...so nothing to do with tensions at Macca then?

#27 AMG FAN

AMG FAN

• 890 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:11

This is only going to go one way on this forum, and that is an absolute caining for Whitmarsh and McLaren.

I think hes probably right on most points. And what else was he going to say? McLaren owe Hamilton nothing anymore.

Its nice to see McLaren come out fighting a bit in this for once. Shows they are feeling the disspaointments of this year and as a McLaren fan thats what I want. This year should hurt McLaren so bad that it motivates them I would hope.

no,as a Mclaren fan i don't want to see a TP that sounds like a clueless goat,you want to come out fighting? lovely channel it to the right source,yes i don't expect him to come out and laud Lewis in praises but he doesn't have to be so bitter,he sounds like a jealous ex girlfriend...he needs to worry more about how Mclaren have blown what could possibly have been a sure title and worry less about if Lewis actions bite him in 2013,that's no longer his business.

#28 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:15

...so nothing to do with tensions at Macca then?

there are tensions everywhere, there will be tensions next year at Merc that will undoubtedly get blown out of all proportion here. But nobody walks out of a drive that's guaranteed to put him at least in the periphery of the WDC fight for a midfield (effectively) team unless the package they are offered is attractive. And part of the package is the finances. You made a whole song and dance about how unacceptable it would for McLaren to ask Hamilton to take a pay cut. Ya think he would walk out to a less competitive drive with one? Get real.

#29 bub

bub

• 2,722 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:16

On the other hand MW isn't going to say `hey we treated Hamilton so bad he would rather drive for a team that's vastly inferior at the moment.`

#30 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 6,769 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:28

A few weeks ago Lewis said, and I'm paraphrasing: "Some people will be happy for me to leave, some people will be sad." I thought that was telling. Clearly, he wasn't loved by all at MAC.

Edited by Dalton007, 09 November 2012 - 14:33.

#31 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:28

there are tensions everywhere, there will be tensions next year at Merc that will undoubtedly get blown out of all proportion here. But nobody walks out of a drive that's guaranteed to put him at least in the periphery of the WDC fight for a midfield (effectively) team unless the package they are offered is attractive. And part of the package is the finances. You made a whole song and dance about how unacceptable it would for McLaren to ask Hamilton to take a pay cut. Ya think he would walk out to a less competitive drive with one? Get real.

1. None of us knows whether LH's package at Merc is better or worse than at Macca...or whether it is better or worse than Macca's offer... And Whitmash is being coy about this for a reason.

2. Tensions are everywhere but they are worse in some places and at some times than... and sometimes they can be so bad that they cause people to leave or to be pushed out...

3. By insinuating that LH left for the money MW is diverting attention from other possible reasons .... including the one that LH gave of wanting a new challenge ... and the rumour that LH and Macca were mutually sick of each other.

#32 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:29

What just happened to MW? I think he will have to step down soon. :eek:

#33 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:36

1. None of us knows whether LH's package at Merc is better or worse than at Macca...or whether it is better or worse than Macca's offer... And Whitmash is being coy about this for a reason.

2. Tensions are everywhere but they are worse in some places and at some times than... and sometimes they can be so bad that they cause people to leave or to be pushed out...

3. By insinuating that LH left for the money MW is diverting attention from other possible reasons .... including the one that LH gave of wanting a new challenge ... and the rumour that LH and Macca were mutually sick of each other.

Whitmarsh is expressing his opinion not competing for Hamilton fan of the year in Racing Comments. And his opinion is rather carefully worded "We made Lewis an offer - an offer, which I believe is more money than any other driver at the moment is being paid. That leads us to suspect that our competitor and our partner Mercedes-Benz offered a bit more money." Whitmarsh isn't discussing rumors or fan feelings, he saying that from his POV he suspects Mercedes offered more money, period. He's entitled to his opinion as much as you are to yours. And yes, in a hypothetical situation where Whitmarsh fired Hamilton and hired Perez and said he did it cause McLaren wanted a new challenge, to groom a new WDC or whatever other platitudes, you 'd probably try to rationalize that decision too, and one of the ways to rationalize it would be hey maybe they did it cause Perez is cheaper.

#34 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 7,439 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:40

A hurricane in a doll's tea cup.

Edited by Kvothe, 09 November 2012 - 14:41.

#35 moorsey

moorsey

• 653 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:41

I'm sorry but I can't agree with that.
I personally walked away from a very highly paid job with top flight company car, free fuel, expense account etc and started my own business without any guarantees. The difference was [and still is] that I really enjoy getting up each morning and look forward to going to work each day. I now consider myself to be much richer than I could have ever dreamed of being in my previous, stress laden job. In short it was the best move that I have ever made and it may just be that Lewis found himself in a similar position. If he comes out of it happy and more relaxed then it will all be worthwhile.

#36 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 12,546 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:47

A hurricane in a doll's tea cup.

Pretty much. Yet another thread about nothing.

#37 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:53

Whitmarsh is expressing his opinion not competing for Hamilton fan of the year in Racing Comments. And his opinion is rather carefully worded "We made Lewis an offer - an offer, which I believe is more money than any other driver at the moment is being paid. That leads us to suspect that our competitor and our partner Mercedes-Benz offered a bit more money." Whitmarsh isn't discussing rumors or fan feelings, he saying that from his POV he suspects Mercedes offered more money, period. He's entitled to his opinion as much as you are to yours. And yes, in a hypothetical situation where Whitmarsh fired Hamilton and hired Perez and said he did it cause McLaren wanted a new challenge, to groom a new WDC or whatever other platitudes, you 'd probably try to rationalize that decision too, and one of the ways to rationalize it would be hey maybe they did it cause Perez is cheaper.

"his opinion"? .... you really think he does not know?

When he said he has "no idea" why LH left... do you believe him?

#38 alg7_munif

alg7_munif

• 1,937 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 14:56

Lewis regrets? After the team failed to deliver him a car that can finish the race while being dominant the whole weekend and his team mate failed to extract the same performence from his car? Lewis regrets? I seriously think that it is the other way around.

#39 BigBadBless

BigBadBless

• 301 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:04

What is there to regret? McLaren can't win championships, championships are what he wants, not race wins. Even if Mercedes can't immediately provide that, he's still young and has a lot of options available to him in the future.

Advertisement

#40 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:10

MW: "I hope he thinks today that he’s made an awful mistake and I hope he thinks that next year."

That's cold.

Looks like bridges have been burned.

#41 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:10

"his opinion"? .... you really think he does not know?

When he said he has "no idea" why LH left... do you believe him?

I believe a lot of the noise people make about how dreadful the situation is at McLaren for Lewis is just that, noise. Else he wouldn't be negotiating with McLaren so long and being so ambivalent he was still talking to them a couple of days before signing for Merc.

If you want to know what I think, I think Lewis understands that in a close fight he is at a disadvantage because both Vettel and Alonso will have their teams backing them 1000% while McLaren will be playing "fair", he found a team with the right "qualities" on paper that will offer him that same level of support, he found a deal that made financial sense and moved. But again, that's what I think. Doesn't mean I am right, doesn't mean everybody that thinks different is wrong, including Whitmarsh.

#42 BiH

BiH

• 2,460 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:19

its time for Martin to step down, if they had that much money to spend they could have signed Kimi.

for one; completely unprofessional swipe at Lewis and Mercedes.

also sour grapes from Martin knowing next year they have will have weak pairing of one not so fast driver and another one that tends to crash/inconstant inexperienced for big team.

#43 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:19

If you want to know what I think, I think Lewis understands that in a close fight he is at a disadvantage because both Vettel and Alonso will have their teams backing them 1000% while McLaren will be playing "fair", he found a team with the right "qualities" on paper that will offer him that same level of support, he found a deal that made financial sense and moved. But again, that's what I think. Doesn't mean I am right, doesn't mean everybody that thinks different is wrong, including Whitmarsh.

Fair enough ... but would have been nice if you answered the questions.

#44 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:23

Fair enough ... but would have been nice if you answered the questions.

the questions are silly, sorry. Of course Whitmarsh knows. As does Ron. Do you think what they know aligns with what you assume?

as to him having no idea why Lewis left, I told you before, you spend months negotiating with somebody and you are still negotiating until a couple of days before they sign a contract with somebody else, yes, it's entirely possible to not fully understand why they chose that somebody else. Cause if the issues were as major as you paint them they would have been obvious in the negotiations. Or better yet, the negotiations would have been a lot lot shorter

#45 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:34

On the other hand MW isn't going to say `hey we treated Hamilton so bad he would rather drive for a team that's vastly inferior at the moment.`

The idea that Mclaren has ever treated Lewis badly is still 100% speculation. I mean, what would they have to gain by not being good to Lewis? It makes ZERO sense. And if they didn't like Lewis, why would they care if he left?

Seriously, it makes much more sense that Mclaren wanted Lewis and are genuinely going to miss him. Which is why they hope Lewis regrets his decision. They want him back.

#46 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:40

Both, equally, bitterfully.

#47 femi

femi

• 8,288 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:43

Not only is it low, these are revelations of how weak the intelect of Mclaren's upper management echelons are and provides an insight to why they have been very consistent in failing to meet stated objectives of why they are in F1.

The relative failure of Mclaren to win coveted crowns despite the abundance of resources, state of the art facilities and creative genius can only be attributed to failed management. The statements by MW shows he has not realised these and if that is the case, Mclaren fans should get used to failures of hopes and dashed dreams even in the foreseeable future.

Mw is a grand failure, even my little dog can both see and smell that - miles off.

Edited by femi, 09 November 2012 - 16:12.

#48 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,293 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:43

Would you guys chill out? Whitmarsh just says the obvious things from his POV. We believe we are the better team, yes probably if Lewis looks at Mercedes racing the Saubers he might have some regrets about his decision, blah blah. And of course he wants to beat Mercedes, and Hamilton, and everybody else. What did you guys think? The head of McLaren to say oh if we finish behind Lewis we 'll be so damn happy we 'll put on the orange shirts to celebrate Lewis' victory?

Pretty much agree with this.

The only bit of the interview I thought was a bit out of line for Whitmarsh was:

No need at all to imply it was just about the money. I agree that was slightly poor form.

The rest of it, though (especially the "regrets" bit) - blown out of all proportion.

#49 rileyl

rileyl

• 462 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:47

;)

Not only is it low, these are revelations of how weak the intelect of Mclaren's management upper echelons are and provides an insight to why they have been very consistent in failing to meet stated objectives of why they are in F1.

The relative failure of Mclaren to win coveted crowns despite the abundance of resources, state of the art facilities and creative genius can only be attributed to failed management. The statements of MW shows he has not realised these and if that is the case, Mclaren fans should get used to failures of hopes and dashed dreams even in the foreseeable future.

Mw is a grand failure, even my little dog can both see and smell that - miles off.

MW really sick, so stop with the comments and focus attention on developing a car that can finish a race from the lead instead! Have fun with his God-Son Button, trying to put Button at the front is already a big challenge.

#50 femi

femi

• 8,288 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 15:50

I believe a lot of the noise people make about how dreadful the situation is at McLaren for Lewis is just that, noise. Else he wouldn't be negotiating with McLaren so long and being so ambivalent he was still talking to them a couple of days before signing for Merc.

I don't seriously think you trully believe that LH is worried about JB. Do you think JB can get a drive in a top team if he leaves Mclaren? The notion that JB is top flight F1 driver does exist only in some people's dreams...

Remember JB was very proud of his input into the car at the onset of the season. He even went further to he saw no reason why he should not win the WDC this year, strangely enough, he seemed to have forgotten all that last week when he called the car the worst! That was an about face turn that Mitt Romney would have been proud of.