Posted 05 May 2013 - 22:29

It was a good move

You've got to be kidding me.

Advertisement

#1452 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 19,159 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 00:11

You can't hold that against Jorge as he was just a kid but still, its blooming funny after todays events! :lol:

Kid?

He looks and sounds much the same as today!  ;)

Edited by Melbourne Park, 06 May 2013 - 00:58.

#1453 lbennie

lbennie

• 2,046 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:05

Crutchlow chips in:

At the end of the day, it's racing. I don't think Marquez did anything wrong. If Jorge had the opportunity, he'd do exactly the same. Marquez never rode into the side of him meaning to hit him. He ran a little bit deep, and Jorge was there, and that's it. You think Jorge has never run a little deep and ran into somebody? You think he won't for the rest of his career? At some point in racing it's going to happen. But if it happened to me, I'd probably be pissed off for half the slowdown lap, but then you've got to think about it in the sense of, I could have done it to somebody.

You don't think Marquez is a dangerous rider?

Not in any way, shape or form. No. He's a hard rider, there's a difference.

If you've got a load of bikes going round on a track at the same time, something's going to happen. As long as it doesn't happen in practice and qualifying, because there's no need for it then. But in the race, of course, you're battling. It's weird to race by giving each other positions and saying you're happy with third, because you're not happy with third.

:up:

The sport is becoming too sterile, MM is bringing proper racing back.

Edited by lbennie, 06 May 2013 - 01:08.

#1454 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,485 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:24

Crutchlow chips in:

:up:

The sport is becoming too sterile, MM is bringing proper racing back.

You realize that people still die in bike racing, right?

#1455 lbennie

lbennie

• 2,046 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:38

Oh please,
They rubbed fairings, don't be that guy, it's pathetic.

And yes, I do, it says so on the ticket ;)

Maybe we should just hand out the trophies after quali, heaven forbid something should happen when they are racing together on the same bit of track :rolleyes:

Edited by lbennie, 06 May 2013 - 01:53.

#1456 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,907 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:55

And some are crushed by vending machines, better ban both.

#1457 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,485 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:13

Oh please,
They rubbed fairings, don't be that guy, it's pathetic.

And yes, I do, it says so on the ticket ;)

Maybe we should just hand out the trophies after quali, heaven forbid something should happen when they are racing together on the same bit of track :rolleyes:

I'm not saying Marquez should be hung, drawn and quartered for his action, but to actually encourage it is madness.

Its unsportsmanlike, dangerous and not even good racing. I'm pretty disgusted that people would be happy to see that sort of thing. This isn't WTCC.

Edited by Seanspeed, 06 May 2013 - 03:18.

#1458 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,019 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:03

I'm not saying Marquez should be hung, drawn and quartered for his action, but to actually encourage it is madness.

Its unsportsmanlike, dangerous and not even good racing. I'm pretty disgusted that people would be happy to see that sort of thing. This isn't WTCC.

+1

It's easy for Crutchlow to espouse his opinion, especially when it didn't happen to him and it happened to the guy who has been arguably been dominating the sport. Something tells me if this was him losing out on 2nd place he'd have a different view. Funny how that works in motorsports.. :smoking:

#1459 HPT

HPT

• 1,165 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:20

+1

It's easy for Crutchlow to espouse his opinion, especially when it didn't happen to him and it happened to the guy who has been arguably been dominating the sport. Something tells me if this was him losing out on 2nd place he'd have a different view. Funny how that works in motorsports.. :smoking:

Well he did say that he'd be mad for half a lap ;)

Advertisement

#1460 Nova

Nova

• 7,105 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:29

Well he did say that he'd be mad for half a lap ;)

Lorenzo was mad for a lap and a bit into the winning ceremony. Considerably shorter than others I have seen. Lets hope it's not a case of "do not get mad, get even" :cool:

#1461 Ellios

Ellios

• 1,152 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:46

Gibernau vs Rossi 2005 almost identical clash, Rossi fighting with Biaggi on and off the track, Rossi and Stoner at Laguna Seca 2008, Marco Simoncelli on Pedrosa at Le Mans, along comes Marquez and three races in he's banging fairings with Lorenzo! The Horror!

Pillow fighting is on SKY Sports 6, just before bedtime - I'll be watching with my hot chocolate and teddy bear

#1462 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:17

If anything, Marquez's manouvre was nothing like Rossi-Gibernau (where Rossi blatantly went straight on Gibernau with the INTENTION of using him as a stop in an all or crash move. And he admitted as such as well) and nowhere near as bad.

Yes obviously Marquez's move was a last corner dive bomb but Lorenzo was not there in the apex. Marquez may have had little chance of making the corner but he was alongside Lorenzo way before the apex.

Lorenzo a) Left waaaay too much room, in fact he left as open as freaking possible and b) all he had to do was let Marquez go straight and go under him and stupidly did not do so. he instead tried to hang around the outside of Marquez and to me it even seemed as if he didn't even know Marquez was there.

For those reasons I don't see Marquez's move as "malicious" at all and Lorenzo deserves no sympathy IMO.

#1463 chumma

chumma

• 960 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:56

If anything, Marquez's manouvre was nothing like Rossi-Gibernau (where Rossi blatantly went straight on Gibernau with the INTENTION of using him as a stop in an all or crash move. And he admitted as such as well) and nowhere near as bad.

Yes obviously Marquez's move was a last corner dive bomb but Lorenzo was not there in the apex. Marquez may have had little chance of making the corner but he was alongside Lorenzo way before the apex.

Lorenzo a) Left waaaay too much room, in fact he left as open as freaking possible and b) all he had to do was let Marquez go straight and go under him and stupidly did not do so. he instead tried to hang around the outside of Marquez and to me it even seemed as if he didn't even know Marquez was there.

For those reasons I don't see Marquez's move as "malicious" at all and Lorenzo deserves no sympathy IMO.

Never in my life would i think i would ever agree with you but i agree 100% with all of the above. Lorenzo did his best to be hit, aurely he saw him, i thought for sure he'd sit up, let Marquez fly padt then go underneath and take 2nd.

Well done Marc, now go on and win the title!

#1464 bigarthurisgod

bigarthurisgod

• 364 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:51

Lorenzo is a beaten man and Marquez knows it.

Do you do stand up too?

#1465 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:52

Never in my life would i think i would ever agree with you but i agree 100% with all of the above. Lorenzo did his best to be hit, aurely he saw him, i thought for sure he'd sit up, let Marquez fly padt then go underneath and take 2nd.

Well done Marc, now go on and win the title!

First time for everything;)

And to be clear, I am not really particularly a fan of(or dislike) any rider in MotoGP right now so I have no horse in this race.

#1466 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:02

Do we put the Honda as the best bike considering its performance at a "Yamaha track"?

#1467 DS27

DS27

• 1,058 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 13:10

Honda's seem to have an edge but Yamaha need Rossi to get his act together.

#1468 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,390 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 13:11

Temps were abnormally high, it was more about tyres than anything else. Yamaha still have the advantage IMO, Lorenzo set the lap record on only the second lap but from then on seemed to struggle, especially with the front tyre.

#1469 Andy35

Andy35

• 3,416 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 13:50

herve.gif

Posted Image

Scot Redding in Moto2 has been handicapped up to last year due to kg regulations which are stupid on a class handicapped by engines. I've said that once you take that weight handicap off Scott he would fly.

They have half taken it off and he half now flies. He reminds me a bit of Cal Crutchlow. Don't you want those two guys in the Tech3 MotoGP garage rather than Cal and Smith? I know I do. We have two riders in MotoGP not cutting it at the moment. Bradl on the Honda. Smith on the Yamaha.

Scott should have had the Tech3 Yamaha ride this year.

GET SCOTT REDDING ON A MOTO GP BIKE. For fecks sake....

Edited by Andy35, 06 May 2013 - 14:27.

#1470 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 19,159 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 14:10

IMO Marquez was quicker, and Lorenzo extremely defensive. So I liked the pass. I also thought that he stood the bike up a bit (Marquez) - I thought for safety. But I did not view it in slow motion over and over - it was just what I saw then and there. Marquez did not knock Lorenzo out of the race either.

I loved the those final 8 laps. Something actually happened.

I also loved the way Marquez was pushing the much heavier bike around - his corner cutting with the bike weaving off the corners, and his wide lines with the same weaving. Loved it ... compared to the others who IMO are much smoother.

#1471 Andy35

Andy35

• 3,416 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 14:20

Jorge v Marquez last corner

Ok, lets rewind a bit

Somone here , ie Marco, took the racing line, and did not get bumped off like Jorge did with MM ( who admitted his fault for not closing).

So lets think about this.

According to current regulations if you take the racing line like Simoncelli did then you wll get penalised like he did for "chopping" the pass from the person behind.Bad bad boy. Jorge thinks he would have been better if he had taken the defensive line. Don't bet on it pal, we saw how Marco got screwed royally.

But, on the otherhand, if you get bumped off from not doing that then you just have to suck it up and still not win !

:rotfl: :p

Rules are nutz in MotoGP at the moment. Far far favour the shaft up the rear. I we all know real men do not like that even though it makes good TV.

Andy

Edited by Andy35, 06 May 2013 - 14:29.

#1472 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,907 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 14:45

Do we put the Honda as the best bike considering its performance at a "Yamaha track"?

I wouldn't say that, they were in a very specific tyre situation this weekend. Take a look at http://www.motomatte...nd_up_of_c.html

The Simoncelli-Pedrosa incident isn't entirely comparable, IMO. Chincanes, hairpins, last lap... But both were racing incidents.

#1473 Cesc

Cesc

• 840 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 14:47

Jorge v Marquez last corner

Ok, lets rewind a bit

Somone here , ie Marco, took the racing line, and did not get bumped off like Jorge did with MM ( who admitted his fault for not closing).

So lets think about this.

According to current regulations if you take the racing line like Simoncelli did then you wll get penalised like he did for "chopping" the pass from the person behind.Bad bad boy. Jorge thinks he would have been better if he had taken the defensive line. Don't bet on it pal, we saw how Marco got screwed royally.

But, on the otherhand, if you get bumped off from not doing that then you just have to suck it up and still not win !

:rotfl: :p

Rules are nutz in MotoGP at the moment. Far far favour the shaft up the rear. I we all know real men do not like that even though it makes good TV.

Andy

I don't think they are comparable. Pedrosa is in front of Simoncelli or next to him at the entry of the coner and he is left with no space at all. Marquez is coming from behind trying to outbreak Lorenzo and get the inside, but Lorenzo is not leaving Marquez with no space, in fact is the opposie, he left too much of space. He he had taken a defensive line, maybe Marquez would have tried but he would have been too wide and maybe Lorenzo could have recovered the position again. And all in all, the consecuence was Pedrosa with an injury that took him sevral months to come back while for Lorenzo was a harmless collision and no one went to the tarmac.

#1474 nosecone

nosecone

• 805 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 14:55

Well IN MY OPINION both can are to blame for the crash.

Lorenzo left too much room at the inside and he went inside when MM was already a bit in front of him, but i understand him because sometime he needs to drive left. MM was way too optimistic. He could throw his race aways with such a action. MM should have gone for the 3rd. But he's a racer and he made a pass which we will remember for years. JL (if he saw MM, what we don't know) should have gone for the undercut at the end of the corner. Race incident. Happens

#1475 BMW4life

BMW4life

• 740 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 15:11

You need your eyes checked, dude. No offense. :drunk:

#1476 BMW4life

BMW4life

• 740 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 15:19

Lorenzo did his best to be hit, aurely he saw him, i thought for sure he'd sit up, let Marquez fly padt then go underneath and take 2nd.

Oh my word.... Your assertiveness does not hide your complete lack of correctness!

#1477 Andy35

Andy35

• 3,416 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 15:47

I don't think they are comparable. Pedrosa is in front of Simoncelli or next to him at the entry of the coner and he is left with no space at all. Marquez is coming from behind trying to outbreak Lorenzo and get the inside, but Lorenzo is not leaving Marquez with no space, in fact is the opposie, he left too much of space. He he had taken a defensive line, maybe Marquez would have tried but he would have been too wide and maybe Lorenzo could have recovered the position again. And all in all, the consecuence was Pedrosa with an injury that took him sevral months to come back while for Lorenzo was a harmless collision and no one went to the tarmac.

If Pedrosa was in front of Marco how come he hit Marco's back wheel? He WAS TOO OPTIMISTIC OFF THE RACING LINE with someone who refused to be bumped off from someone who misjudged it.

Pathetic the inconsistency in MotoGP and F1 penalties.

Even golf is getting as bad with Tiger and TV at Agusta :well:

Shameful.

Andy

#1478 DS27

DS27

• 1,058 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 17:08

Scott should have had the Tech3 Yamaha ride this year.

GET SCOTT REDDING ON A MOTO GP BIKE. For fecks sake....

Indeed - If he's not in Moto GP next year, there's no justice.

Just finished watching the BSB coverage from Oulton - the interview with Kiyo at the end of the day was a sad and rather unnecessary spectacle.

#1479 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,907 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 20:05

C'mon guys, there was a huge wide open gap, Marquez went for it. Yeah, he overcooked it, but that happens. It was never meant to be a Touring Car bump and pass.
Besides, Lorenzo turned in like there was no one around. Lorenzo's awareness was totally out of Marquez' controle.

Pedrosa and Simoncelli was different and had a much broader context. Pedrosa was putting up stubborn defense, Simoncelli was over eager. Pedrosa was just coming back from shoulder surgery, IIRC, and should have been more wary of falls and injuries. Simoncelli had crashed out of Estoril and had already been marked for throwing results away, he could have used a more calm approach. Anyhow, neither gave an inch, they clashed, Pedrosa got off worse, typical racing incident of two guys fighting for the exact space on the tarmac, end of.

Advertisement

#1480 Jamelon

Jamelon

• 382 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 21:56

Nine races in Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP so far and nine different winners. All of them from Spain. Amazing.

#1481 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 23:36

You need your eyes checked, dude. No offense. :drunk:

Yeah, how nice of you. Do you have anything to contribute other than throwing insults?

If you're going to dispute what I said at least bother to point out what exactly it is you disagree with.

#1482 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 616 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:21

Nine races in Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP so far and nine different winners. All of them from Spain. Amazing.

That is amazing.
They(Spain) must have one hella'va feeder system.

Marc must've not gotten the memo on rookie etiquette. This is why rookis shouldn't get factory rides. :rotfl:

Watching live I thought Marquez overcooked the corner seeing Lorenzo ran deep, causing a racing incident.

#1483 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,920 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:49

Did the option to use the old style player on Motogp.com disappear or are my eyes deceiving me? If so then how the hell do you turn the event markers on/off in the new player?

#1484 lbennie

lbennie

• 2,046 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:49

Did the option to use the old style player on Motogp.com disappear or are my eyes deceiving me? If so then how the hell do you turn the event markers on/off in the new player?

It was a grey button up to the top right for me mate (once the new player had loaded).

#1485 BMW4life

BMW4life

• 740 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:05

Yeah, how nice of you. Do you have anything to contribute other than throwing insults?

If you're going to dispute what I said at least bother to point out what exactly it is you disagree with.

If you read my earlier posts, you'd already know where I was coming from. As far as insults, I've seen worse... like your use of the word "stupidly" in the very post I responded to. :lol:

If I were trying to be rude, I'd have conveniently slipped that word into my response to your post.

So apologies since you considered my very light-hearted response offensive.

On another note, with all the J-lo bashing, I seem to be the only one who rated his GP very highly. He rode that M1 like the how Honda wants to be ridden, standing it up even earlier than Marquez or Pedrosa, to my eyes anyway... certainly earlier than they usually do on the Yam. I was actually very impressed with his adjustments.

#1486 Reinmuster

Reinmuster

• 655 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:11

Now can we have that seamless gearbox?

#1487 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:04

If you read my earlier posts, you'd already know where I was coming from. As far as insults, I've seen worse... like your use of the word "stupidly" in the very post I responded to. :lol:

If I were trying to be rude, I'd have conveniently slipped that word into my response to your post.

So apologies since you considered my very light-hearted response offensive.

On another note, with all the J-lo bashing, I seem to be the only one who rated his GP very highly. He rode that M1 like the how Honda wants to be ridden, standing it up even earlier than Marquez or Pedrosa, to my eyes anyway... certainly earlier than they usually do on the Yam. I was actually very impressed with his adjustments.

Wow, so basically you are saying that YOU took offense because you perceived my characterizing Lorenzo's move as "stupidly" doing something as an insult? ...to whom? You? Look mate, the fact that you're a Lorenzo fan and you perceive everything as "Lorenzo bashing" is your problem. Not mine.

I said that a) He left it too open, which is a fact everyone has agreed to, even you and b) that he should have undercut...which is hindsight obviously but also rather obvious. So what do you disagree with exactly? What do I need to check my eyes for?

Edited by EvanRainer, 07 May 2013 - 08:09.

#1488 Rob

Rob

• 8,196 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:35

That is amazing.
They(Spain) must have one hella'va feeder system.

Yup. CEV is the championship to be in if you want to graduate to the world championship.

#1489 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,085 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:47

Yup. CEV is the championship to be in if you want to graduate to the world championship.

Angel Nieto recently wrote an article about that in one of the Spanish newspapers - http://www.abc.es/de...1304071404.html

Sorry I cannot give you a proper translation! I hope Google has done a decent job of it here http://translate.goo...s...tml&act=url

#1490 GSiebert

GSiebert

• 1,890 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:28

And 21 out of 27 possible podiums spots.

#1491 BMW4life

BMW4life

• 740 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:22

Wow, so basically you are saying that YOU took offense because you perceived my characterizing Lorenzo's move as "stupidly" doing something as an insult? ...to whom? You? Look mate, the fact that you're a Lorenzo fan and you perceive everything as "Lorenzo bashing" is your problem. Not mine.

Now you're somehow seeing things I didn't say. You really should go check you eyes, dude. :rotfl:

Edited by BMW4life, 08 May 2013 - 01:24.

#1492 Rob

Rob

• 8,196 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:48

Just found out that Bradley Smith's Yamaha has been a lower spec than that of the other three Yamahas. Now that the new chassis is out, Smith has been upgraded to the same spec of chassis that Crutchlow has been using this year, which offers much more front end adjustment. At the Jerez test he managed to take a reasonable chunk off of his race laptimes with it.

#1493 dhill39

dhill39

• 423 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 13:45

Just found out that Bradley Smith's Yamaha has been a lower spec than that of the other three Yamahas. Now that the new chassis is out, Smith has been upgraded to the same spec of chassis that Crutchlow has been using this year, which offers much more front end adjustment. At the Jerez test he managed to take a reasonable chunk off of his race laptimes with it.

I think that was a smart move by Yamaha,learn the bike,when they start to see improvements,them he should get the better kit.I believe in Bradley,he's not going to be a contender,but will have a good solid career.

#1494 Rob

Rob

• 8,196 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 14:39

Jake Humphrey is tweeting about how "epic" MotoGP is. This probably means he's pencilled in as the presenter for the BT coverage next year.

#1495 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,390 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 15:15

Humphrey has always been a tool.

#1496 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,907 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 15:29

What does Toby say in his latest piece? Is it a nice read?

#1497 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,907 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 16:18

http://www.motogp.co...ndo Argentina 3
http://www.motogp.co...hondo statement

Have you guys seen this?

Edited by Atreiu, 08 May 2013 - 16:19.

#1498 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,209 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 18:55

BT Sport/MotoGP deal to be announced tomorrow.

#1499 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,485 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 22:35

I think that was a smart move by Yamaha,learn the bike,when they start to see improvements,them he should get the better kit.I believe in Bradley,he's not going to be a contender,but will have a good solid career.

Yea, he's only signed on for 2 years. Best to start him off with inferior machinery. That way he'll.........uh........actually I dont see any reason whatsoever that makes sense.

We'll see. If he's still running around the best of the CRT's next race weekend, can all please agree he's been dog poop so far?

Advertisement

#1500 rhukkas

rhukkas

• 2,375 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 23:15

Yea, he's only signed on for 2 years. Best to start him off with inferior machinery. That way he'll.........uh........actually I dont see any reason whatsoever that makes sense.

We'll see. If he's still running around the best of the CRT's next race weekend, can all please agree he's been dog poop so far?

It'll be bit too far to say he's been dogpoop. I think eventually he'll be a good consistent performer. Though you could say that about half the moto2 grid who could have been given the chance.

Let's face it, Marquez has made it hard for any rookie to shine. Come in and wins his second race. On Smith's Yamaha he'd be beating Crutchlow too. It has shades of 2007 when Hamilton raised the bar for newcomers to F1. And even worse for F1 rookies they don't enjoy the testing privileges he did.

No doubt that weighs on Smith's shoulders. Seeing Marc come in and be lit. Just adds even more pressure coz the rookie tag doesn't wash