* * * * - 15 votes

2013 - MotoGP, WSB, Moto2, WSP, AMA, BSB

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4602 replies to this topic

#2801 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 13:44

Do BMW know that one of their major markets, the UK, will become a MotoGP Black Hole from the end of the season ?

Will BMW also be dropping support for the Buildbase team who are racing in BSB?

Advertisement

#2802 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,533 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 14:57

Do BMW know that one of their major markets, the UK, will become a MotoGP Black Hole from the end of the season ?

Will BMW also be dropping support for the Buildbase team who are racing in BSB?

Whats happening to Crutchlow, Smith, Laverty, Redding, PBM Racing and possibly Johnny Rea?????

#2803 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 3,885 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 18:46

Marquez was trying the outside line and Rossi ran him so deep into the corner he had nowhere to go. You can be sure that Marquez didn't intentionally ride off track: that usually ends in dropping the bike... and race over. Rossi was out-rossied yesterday.

First of all, Marquez wouldn´t have kept it on the track even if Rossi wasn´t even there. Rossi barely kept it in the track himself overshooting the corner a bit, and Marquez was turning as much as possible all the time too, he didn´t have to straighten the bike because Rossi was there. That "no room" thing is bullshit, he carried too much speed and went all by himself, that´s it.

Second, Rossi had defended the move succesfully. Marquez went off and completed the pass outside the track. Sure, only way to stay on the bike was doing what he did, but then he should have yielded/been forced to yield.

#2804 PokePoke

PokePoke

• 131 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 19:14

BMW in Moto GP? Yeah, like 2006, oh wait...

"New General Director of BMW Motorrad, Stephan Schaller has cited strategic realignment for the withdrawal and the need to focus on their international customer sports programme which focuses on domestic race series.

He said: “This is consistent with the strategic realignment of our brand. BMW Motorrad will now focus on the further expansion of the very successful product portfolio over 500cc, the expansion of product segments under 500cc, e-mobility and the development of market potential in emerging economies like Brazil and Asia.

"Only those who act consistently today are well prepared for the challenges of tomorrow. BMW Motorrad will remain involved in motorsport and in doing so we will focus on the international customer sport in all its facets. I want to thank everybody who has supported us on this long and successful journey.”"

When " focuses on domestic race series" means "going to MGP"? In 2012 BMW announces it is reducing its involvement in the 2013 World Superbike Championship by switching allegiance to BMW Italia and running just two factory-assisted bikes because costs. Since when MGP became cheaper than WSB?

Edited by PokePoke, 24 July 2013 - 19:20.

#2805 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,275 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 19:17

Love the part where he thanks everyone who supported them on their "long and succesful journey"....

So 5 years is already long these days?

#2806 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 19:27

First of all, Marquez wouldn´t have kept it on the track even if Rossi wasn´t even there. Rossi barely kept it in the track himself overshooting the corner a bit, and Marquez was turning as much as possible all the time too, he didn´t have to straighten the bike because Rossi was there. That "no room" thing is bullshit, he carried too much speed and went all by himself, that´s it.

Second, Rossi had defended the move succesfully. Marquez went off and completed the pass outside the track. Sure, only way to stay on the bike was doing what he did, but then he should have yielded/been forced to yield.

Motorcycle racing isn't F1.

#2807 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,462 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 19:36

Skinny, relax. Ben Spies imediately picked up how Rossi braked too late and pushed Marquez wide. And if Rossi himself didn't complain but instead joked about it...

#2808 JohnPackham

JohnPackham

• 71 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 20:16

Fortunately. If Ben Spies and I agree then that's good enough for me.

Edited by JohnPackham, 24 July 2013 - 20:17.

#2809 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 3,885 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 20:25

Yes, you can pass off track apparently. I´m trying to understand myself why it was allowed.

Skinny, relax. Ben Spies imediately picked up how Rossi braked too late and pushed Marquez wide. And if Rossi himself didn't complain but instead joked about it...

They both went too hot in there, they arrived the same speed and side by side. One barely held it in the track, one couldn´t. Marquez went off by himself, Rossi never made him turn any less that he could have turned had he been alone while he was on track. And how´s Rossi going to complain? :lol: I´m a bike noob but I still can think of a reason why he CAN´T complain.

#2810 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 22:32

Yes, you can pass off track apparently. I´m trying to understand myself why it was allowed.

You've never ridden a motorcycle have you.

Have you ridden a bicycle ?

#2811 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 1,789 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:21

It was allowed mostly because a precedent was set previously at Laguna in '08. You start switching decisions, you run into the wall that F1 and 4 wheel sports have had run into in the past which just causes trouble and leads to other conflicts.

I think he should have gotten a penalty, but you just cannot.

#2812 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,902 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:54

You've never ridden a motorcycle have you.

Have you ridden a bicycle ?

Why does that matter?

#2813 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:32

Why does that matter?

Because he'd know you don't run off track onto rutted, dusty dirt to gain an advantage. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Take a look at his huge signature, which is all the F1 rulz regarding overtaking. It appears he has problems in working out the difference between racing on 4 and 2 wheels. Perhaps he also feels there shouldn't be any overtaking in motorsport.

Edited by Tonka, 25 July 2013 - 08:34.

#2814 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 19,779 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:53

Pedrosa returned to Europe satisfied with his fifth place finish in Sunday’s Laguna Seca race and now that a complete fracture has been detected his performance in the U.S. seems only more heroic.

http://www.motogp.co...te after laguna

#2815 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,902 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 14:39

Because he'd know you don't run off track onto rutted, dusty dirt to gain an advantage. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Pardon my ignorance.

Have you seen the surface where Rossi and Marquez ran off? Have you ridden at Laguna Seca? Do you honestly think that Rossi and Marquez would have gone quicker through there if they'd made more of an effort to stay on track?

#2816 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,462 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 14:46

Pedrosa returned to Europe satisfied with his fifth place finish in Sunday’s Laguna Seca race and now that a complete fracture has been detected his performance in the U.S. seems only more heroic.

http://www.motogp.co...te after laguna

That was a definitely quiet hero GP from him. Goes to show how badly he wants the title and he well he can do on the weekends he digs deepest.

#2817 Tonka

Tonka

• 834 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 18:11

Pardon my ignorance.

Have you seen the surface where Rossi and Marquez ran off? Have you ridden at Laguna Seca? Do you honestly think that Rossi and Marquez would have gone quicker through there if they'd made more of an effort to stay on track?

Now you're being silly.

#2818 PhilG

PhilG

• 474 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 19:17

Pardon my ignorance.

i have , and a bet you a crisp $20 that Marquez knew that he had a bit to play with, Rossi just kept letting it run on the brake in the hope that the boy backed out, and he didnt , was a quality moment and its what racing is all about.......props to Marquez for going the long way round .

#2819 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,533 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:02

i have , and a bet you a crisp $20 that Marquez knew that he had a bit to play with, Rossi just kept letting it run on the brake in the hope that the boy backed out, and he didnt , was a quality moment and its what racing is all about.......props to Marquez for going the long way round .

He rode through the "gravel" there on his moped on Thursday evening and on his race bike during Fridays practise.

Great move.
The end.

Advertisement

#2820 BillyWhizz

BillyWhizz

• 271 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 14:11

Works MotoGP teams will be allowed to expand to four riders from 2014 following a rules adjustment.

Link to Autosport story.

Makes for an interesting prospect. Although without having time to delve deeper right now, I wonder does this come at the expense of the satellite teams? Can't see how it should. If this means bigger grids then Nicky, Cal, Stefan et al should hopefully find/keep rides at the sharp end of the grid.

Bring it on.

#2821 PNSD

PNSD

• 3,258 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 14:23

Cal to drive a works Yamaha, and Stoner back to Honda? Here's hoping!

#2822 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 14:42

Can the likes of Yamaha afford to run 4 factory bikes?

#2823 Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

• 816 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 14:48

Since when MGP became cheaper than WSB?

It doesn't matter if MotoGP is cheaper than SBK, it is that MotoGP is cheaper than MotoGp + SBK.

#2824 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,902 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:12

:up:

It's hard packed dirt covered in a little bit of gravel that gets brought down the hill when people run off there. It's not "rutted" and it's not even sketchy at mild lean angles.

I wish they'd done something about Rossi's move but.... eh, MotoGP is a show and that was an incredible one. I get where they're coming from. Now the precedent is set though.

#2825 chunder27

chunder27

• 452 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 22:59

Seriously

If you think that is a show, you really need to watch more racing!

It was a repeat of something done already and form a guy who wanst just trying to beat a guy up coz his bike was miles slower as Rossi did in 08, but from a guy on a much quicker bike who would have done him on the straight 20 seconds later but was too impatient to wait and risked himself in pursuit of glory

That's Marquez and that is apparently why we are all supposed to be falling over backwards to like him

Personally I would rather watch bowls

#2826 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,533 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:29

Seriously, you should

#2827 HPT

HPT

• 1,122 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:40

Seriously, you should

+1

#2828 chunder27

chunder27

• 452 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:56

Haha

If you enjoy watching any big class GP racing you clearly are no bike fan. 2 and 3 are fair enough.

Sorry, but this current era is all about who has the best tech support with a bit of rider ability thrown in

No grace, no tyre management, no ability to push the front then spin the rear when front goes off. All fo a sudden two blokes who are under pressure for contracts are on podium speed! WTF

The artistry has been replaced by a laptop with a Marquez/Pedrosa/Lorenzo sticker on it

And if you think that is racing, you are delusional

#2829 Jamelon

Jamelon

• 323 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 13:45

Now the precedent is set though.

Rossi clearly pushed him wide on purpose giving Marquez the perfect excuse to take the enduro shortcut. Marquez took a lower risk than Rossi in 2008 due, first of all, to the existence of the precedent itself, and the much harder packed off-track terrain, so it was always going to be a defensive option, particularly against 46. I think it's ok nobody got penalties this time considering they both did something wrong and that the incident had no impact on the race result, since Rossi wasn't going to hold Marquez for more than a few corners anyway. If the same incident happened in the last lap I'm sure Rossi's attitude would have been a bit different. The "investigation" sounded like a message to say that "normally" it will not be ok to shortcut the corkscrew like that.

#2830 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 1,692 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 14:04

Haha

If you enjoy watching any big class GP racing you clearly are no bike fan. 2 and 3 are fair enough.

Sorry, but this current era is all about who has the best tech support with a bit of rider ability thrown in

No grace, no tyre management, no ability to push the front then spin the rear when front goes off. All fo a sudden two blokes who are under pressure for contracts are on podium speed! WTF

The artistry has been replaced by a laptop with a Marquez/Pedrosa/Lorenzo sticker on it

What's you point buddy, throwing toys around for what purpose? Do you really believe racing was better ten or twenty years ago, you need the right bike to excel on the top, satellite bikes were always slower, I like the competitiveness of the MotoGP, on good days even satellite bike drivers can go for a podium or a win (like Bradl or Crutchlow). If you would have watched closely you would have seen that in the case of Bradl he upped his game recently, before Laguna Seca. And if you really believe any monkey could drive a bike like Marquez because he is controlled by laptop technique, you are delusional, MotoGP and the requirements change over the time, like in Formula One, you can switch off your TV, if you want "good" old racing, from the hard boys back. :rolleyes:

Edited by 1Devil1, 29 July 2013 - 14:27.

#2831 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,377 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 14:06

Haha

You seem to know a lot about delusion.

#2832 BMW4life

BMW4life

• 731 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 14:48

Eh? Geoff Duke, Ago, Eddie Lawson & Rossi won the 500cc WC in their second year of 500cc WC racing. Kenny Roberts did it in his first.

Stoner won because the Ducati was a lot faster than the other 800cc bikes, all of which were in their first season of racing that size of engine. He didn't do so well when the other teams matched the speed.

By Mugello (race 6), Honda had already clawed back a sizeable chunk of the horsepower deficit. Stoner proceeded to get the remaining 7 of his 10 race wins from that point on. His team mate, managed to get one 3rd finish during the time they had the biggest power advantage, and managed to win 1 solitary race and a further two podiums all seaon.

Might I suggest you read up on a big bang engine firing order? You'll understand that the extra hp the ducati had came at a cost that none of the other teams were willing to sacrifice. Even Ducati changed the firing order eventually.

Don't kid yourself. Clearly, Stoner was absolutely brilliant. Very few people doubt that anymore.

#2833 DS27

DS27

• 828 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 15:04

Seriously

If you think that is a show, you really need to watch more racing!

It was a repeat of something done already and form a guy who wanst just trying to beat a guy up coz his bike was miles slower as Rossi did in 08, but from a guy on a much quicker bike who would have done him on the straight 20 seconds later but was too impatient to wait and risked himself in pursuit of glory

That's Marquez and that is apparently why we are all supposed to be falling over backwards to like him

Thanks for elightening us.

I hope for your sake that bowls isn't going to BT Sport as well.

#2834 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 7,020 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 15:17

I wish they'd done something about Rossi's move but.... eh, MotoGP is a show and that was an incredible one. I get where they're coming from. Now the precedent is set though.

:up:

#2835 Reinmuster

Reinmuster

• 635 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 16:28

Clearly, Stoner was absolutely brilliant. Very few people doubt that anymore.

I agree. Stoner was brilliant during his Ducati days.

With that in mind, I wonder why Ducati didn't sort after Stoner in bid to help their 2014 bikes development.

Just for old time's sake.

#2836 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 7,020 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 16:37

I agree. Stoner was brilliant during his Ducati days.

With that in mind, I wonder why Ducati didn't sort after Stoner in bid to help their 2014 bikes development.

Just for old time's sake.

Stoner is not interesting in MotoGP at the moment. His input will not help other riders get the most from the bike.

#2837 BMW4life

BMW4life

• 731 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 16:38

I think MM was a lot more polished than stoner was in 06. Let's remember MM had a pretty good company around him with bikes and mentors and money. And let's wait till the end of the year to judge Marc. Its easy to stay on the bike when there is no real pressure with your 2 fastest rivals hurt but he did fall and make some pretty stupid moves under pressure earlier in his career. I'm interested to see when jlo and pedrosa are fighting with him again if he learned his lesson from mugello. Not saying fighting with Valentino for 2 laps at Laguna is the same as riding 100 percent with Lorenzo for 25 laps at full concentration. We new Stoner had a tendency to bin it at times and also when under pressure.

That tendency to bin it suddenly disappeared when he jumped onto a well sorted bike. Conversely, Rossi started binning it when he jumped onto Stoner's bike.

Marquez has had a number of massive crashes, none during the race. Thankfully for him, he has always walked away unscathed. Nobody chooses how to crash, you just hope you don't break anything when it happens, and Marquez has been lucky, the other two protagonists, unlucky.

His relative performance is right in line with what I predicted; multiple race wins, while not being quite fast enough to distinguish himself from Dani Pedrosa during his rookie season. That may change, if Dani's confidence or health is compromised. We'll see when we resume.

Meanwhile, in the bat cave.... my eyes tell me that Jorge Lorenzo was well placed to have have won 4 of the last 5 races; he won 2, Rossi on the sister yamaha won 1 with a severely handicapped J-Lo, and he missed one altogether in which he was a half second clear of the field in practice IIRC. Is Yamaha slowly rebuilding the advantage the M1 had over the field during Rossi's reign? What would it mean if J-Lo locked out the championship trophy for the next 4 years?

#2838 BMW4life

BMW4life

• 731 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 17:18

You seem to know a lot about delusion.

Actually, he doesn't know anything about delusions. He believes everything he posted. :rotfl:

#2839 Jamelon

Jamelon

• 323 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 18:00

There have been ups and downs over the years, I don't see this trend you suggest. Technology, naturally, always evolves towards making things easier or less rider dependent, but this is a never ending process, some problems are solved and others come up, and riders have to adapt to changes. They still crash etc. Sure you need a good bike to win as always. The rider-to-rider differences may be down to little things and technical subtleties, not as obvious on TV as they were 20 years ago perhaps, but they're there.

His relative performance is right in line with what I predicted; multiple race wins, while not being quite fast enough to distinguish himself from Dani Pedrosa during his rookie season. That may change, if Dani's confidence or health is compromised. We'll see when we resume.

MM has certainly distinguished himself from what Dani did in his rookie year 2006, that much we all agree. I wasn't expecting him to be faster than Dani already, but in the only track they've both raced for the first time, Indianapolis, MM won with relative ease... He probably won't have Dani's raw pace on most of the remaining tracks due to inexperience, but I reckon his attitude will more than compensate for that.

Is Yamaha slowly rebuilding the advantage the M1 had over the field during Rossi's reign? What would it mean if J-Lo locked out the championship trophy for the next 4 years?

Really? As good as Jorge is, and he really is a flawless rider, I don't see the Yamaha winning more than 2 of all the races left... unfortunately. They should have banked a big points gap by now, in the first more Yamaha-friendly part of the season to make it happen... If someone wins the next 4 titles I think it'll more likely be MM.

Edited by Jamelon, 29 July 2013 - 18:04.

Advertisement

#2840 ehagar

ehagar

• 6,231 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 18:40

Works MotoGP teams will be allowed to expand to four riders from 2014 following a rules adjustment.

Link to Autosport story.

Makes for an interesting prospect. Although without having time to delve deeper right now, I wonder does this come at the expense of the satellite teams? Can't see how it should. If this means bigger grids then Nicky, Cal, Stefan et al should hopefully find/keep rides at the sharp end of the grid.

Bring it on.

I'm not sure this helps the Satellite teams or makes the grid bigger. I think for 2014 the definition of 'factory' will be bikes that use their own software (eg. Yamaha, Tech-3 Yamaha, Repsol Honda, Gresini-Honda, LCR-Honda, etc). All teams that use a spec ECU will be labelled non-factory.

As I read it, this means that it will allow for the re-emergence of super teams (like the old 3 bike Repsol team). But the maximum number will be 4... so could place some of the Satellite teams in danger more than anything else if that is how it is going to work.

It also remains to be seen what is going to happen with the ART bike... will Aprilia still be involved with a spec ECU?

#2841 chunder27

chunder27

• 452 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 22:45

I guess some folk just don't get it,. or they maybe they they do which is even more scary!

I was reading some stuff about the 2002/3/4 seasons the other day. So many different manufacturers, lots of guys on the same bikes, decent grids in 250 and 125 and not a dominant bike in those all the time other than the RCV, buyt that was shared out to many after 02, with Barros, Gibernau, Biaggi Tamada, Melandri, Edwards all getting one, now you have to factory bikes, and two level Z Honda's one of which is only there to test suspension for SHowa!

Sorry but watching the same 2 or 3 blokes in contention in pretty much every class in pretty much every race is not enough to keep me interested and definately justify paying for BT! If it is for you then fine, I will stick to bowls!

You can mock all you like in your little Marquez glee club, but you will soon get bored too after he wins 4 title on the bounce and just about every race, as can you see anyone at all challenging him in the future?

The only thing of interest would be him moving to another team or Honda losing the ball as we maybe find out he cant develop a bike.

I admit, I don't like seeing one nation grooming its stars and the whole sport for a decade to then utterly dominate bike GP racing, it does nothing for me and I am not alone. Imagine F1 full of germans and GP2 and GP3 too. You can sit back and in your little happy isn't GP racing great club, but just wait and see, the viewers will drop off, just like when Mick was winning all the time, and Rainey before that, and Lawson before that.

I appreciate good riding, not stock car racing, and that is all Marquez did at Laguna, just like Rossi before him, but he didn't need to do it, he was on a much quicker bike, show some class boy and just rod past him, you have more power than the rest of the grid anyway. why risk crashing? But if you al thinik that was amazing and brilliant then agreed I am in a different world to you, I have witnessed good racing and riding, and that isn't it

#2842 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 5,902 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:08

Don't let poor reading comprehension get in the way of a mediocre rant.

#2843 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 4,938 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:55

When did a rookie last win the MotoGP/500cc title?

Thnx !

Edited by ViMaMo, 31 July 2013 - 00:53.

#2844 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,462 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:05

Kenny Roberts, 1978, IIRC.

#2845 BMW4life

BMW4life

• 731 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:02

I guess some folk just don't get it,. or they maybe they they do which is even more scary!

I was reading some stuff about the 2002/3/4 seasons the other day. So many different manufacturers, lots of guys on the same bikes, decent grids in 250 and 125 and not a dominant bike in those all the time other than the RCV, buyt that was shared out to many after 02, with Barros, Gibernau, Biaggi Tamada, Melandri, Edwards all getting one, now you have to factory bikes, and two level Z Honda's one of which is only there to test suspension for SHowa!

Sorry but watching the same 2 or 3 blokes in contention in pretty much every class in pretty much every race is not enough to keep me interested and definately justify paying for BT! If it is for you then fine, I will stick to bowls!

You can mock all you like in your little Marquez glee club, but you will soon get bored too after he wins 4 title on the bounce and just about every race, as can you see anyone at all challenging him in the future?

The only thing of interest would be him moving to another team or Honda losing the ball as we maybe find out he cant develop a bike.

I admit, I don't like seeing one nation grooming its stars and the whole sport for a decade to then utterly dominate bike GP racing, it does nothing for me and I am not alone. Imagine F1 full of germans and GP2 and GP3 too. You can sit back and in your little happy isn't GP racing great club, but just wait and see, the viewers will drop off, just like when Mick was winning all the time, and Rainey before that, and Lawson before that.

I appreciate good riding, not stock car racing, and that is all Marquez did at Laguna, just like Rossi before him, but he didn't need to do it, he was on a much quicker bike, show some class boy and just rod past him, you have more power than the rest of the grid anyway. why risk crashing? But if you al thinik that was amazing and brilliant then agreed I am in a different world to you, I have witnessed good racing and riding, and that isn't it

Interesting little post that. Here I was thinking that Rossi himself won 4 championships in a row during those good old days when the RCV was the only dominant bike and everybody had one. Motogp was never more popular. :confused:

Regarding nationality, I never understood the issue. I may be in the minority, buy I couldn't give a rat's arse where the riders are from. Oh crap, he's spanish too... I can't support or follow him. :well:

#2846 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 7,020 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:09

Regarding nationality, I never understood the issue. I may be in the minority, buy I couldn't give a rat's arse where the riders are from. Oh crap, he's spanish too... I can't support or follow him. :well:

I've got to agree with you there. I'm just interested in great racing.

#2847 Arn

Arn

• 1,576 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:05

I've got to agree with you there. I'm just interested in great racing.

Me to. Being from a country with zero prospect of a MotoGP rider, I couldn't care less about where a rider is from.

Funny to see that people have already moved from awe of rookie Marquez, to fearing that he will dominate for the next decade.

I agree that there are no one in the current Moto2 field that looks like they are anywhere near the same level, but Im sure that Lorenzo and Pedrosa, if he continues to ride, will give him better competition than what Rossi had, before Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa came along. We have actually been very blessed to have four riders with such talent in the same period in MotoGP. Stoner himself said something similar.

But when the very young Moto3 top talents get to MotoGP, I expect them to be on the same level as MM.

#2848 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 7,020 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:42

Me to. Being from a country with zero prospect of a MotoGP rider, I couldn't care less about where a rider is from.

Funny to see that people have already moved from awe of rookie Marquez, to fearing that he will dominate for the next decade.

I agree that there are no one in the current Moto2 field that looks like they are anywhere near the same level, but Im sure that Lorenzo and Pedrosa, if he continues to ride, will give him better competition than what Rossi had, before Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa came along. We have actually been very blessed to have four riders with such talent in the same period in MotoGP. Stoner himself said something similar.

But when the very young Moto3 top talents get to MotoGP, I expect them to be on the same level as MM.

Absolutely. :up:

#2849 DrProzac

DrProzac

• 1,833 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 16:03

Interesting theory.

#2850 sportyskells

sportyskells

• 60 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:02

Any update on the canned wsbk race that was due to take place in Russia ?