Photo

New Hamilton leaving macca theory?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 TomCupra

TomCupra

• 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 14:40

Buttons new comments about his high 13' cars hopes. Quoted as saying 'next years car should suit me a lot better which is very exciting!'.
Maybe Hamilton had a contract offer but as the number 2 driver and he knew next years car was being built around Button!?

Advertisement

#2 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,165 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 14:42

Posted Image

#3 TheSpecialOne

TheSpecialOne

• 105 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 14:46

Absolutely no chance, and I love a good conspiracy theory!

#4 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,389 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 14:47

Just what the forum needs, another conspiricy theory...

#5 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 14:54

The -26 and -27 were also designed completely to Button's preferences.

#6 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 14:55

Why would they offer number one status to slower driver who has been pretty bad this year? And McLaren has said they will not build the car around driver.

#7 MaxisOne

MaxisOne

• 2,333 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 14:57

This one is laughable actually.

Can you provide a sensible and completely plausible argument as to why McLaren would:

A: Change its equality philosophy.

B: Make Jenson Button the number 1 driver when Lewis Hamilton is his teammate ?

#8 BigBadBless

BigBadBless

• 301 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 14:58

Buttons new comments about his high 13' cars hopes. Quoted as saying 'next years car should suit me a lot better which is very exciting!'.
Maybe Hamilton had a contract offer but as the number 2 driver and he knew next years car was being built around Button!?

Haven't you got it the wrong way round? Surely, because Hamilton is leaving, and Perez is an untested factor, they have no choice other than to design the car around exactly what Button wants...

#9 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 15:20

Jenson said that about this years car...

#10 rileyl

rileyl

• 462 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 15:49

when Button is slow, then the car is the worse that he ever driven.

#11 Nahnever

Nahnever

• 260 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 15:53

Just Jenson making excuses for his poor performance this year.

#12 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 2,373 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 15:54

This.

"McLaren looks set to finish runner-up in the constructors' championship for the second consecutive season and is turning more and more of its attention to next year's car. The team has already said that it wants to adopt an evolutionary approach to its 2012 car and Lowe said Button's feedback is central to that as well as the car for 2014, when the regulations are set for an overhaul."

"The answer is crucial," Lowe responded when asked by ESPNF1 during the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes phone-in how important Button is for development. "Having a good driver with good feedback is essential still in Formula One even though these days we have far more tools to work with and more simulations etcetera. We are still very reliant on the drivers' feedback for the changes and indeed his suggestions for the changes we make.

"Having Jenson on board for years to come is now a great step, because it [provides] a very solid base in terms of a driver that we can rely on for feedback through that phase that you described [up to 2014]. Jenson obviously is very experienced and was for many years before he even came to McLaren, so that all contributes."

Oh Button, Button... :lol:

#13 Nahnever

Nahnever

• 260 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 15:55

This.

"McLaren looks set to finish runner-up in the constructors' championship for the second consecutive season and is turning more and more of its attention to next year's car. The team has already said that it wants to adopt an evolutionary approach to its 2012 car and Lowe said Button's feedback is central to that as well as the car for 2014, when the regulations are set for an overhaul."

"The answer is crucial," Lowe responded when asked by ESPNF1 during the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes phone-in how important Button is for development. "Having a good driver with good feedback is essential still in Formula One even though these days we have far more tools to work with and more simulations etcetera. We are still very reliant on the drivers' feedback for the changes and indeed his suggestions for the changes we make.

"Having Jenson on board for years to come is now a great step, because it [provides] a very solid base in terms of a driver that we can rely on for feedback through that phase that you described [up to 2014]. Jenson obviously is very experienced and was for many years before he even came to McLaren, so that all contributes."

LMAO

#14 thesham01

thesham01

• 1,502 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 15:55

Just excuse making, something Button is good at.

Plus this is a win-win situation; blame something else for your poor performance, and then say next years car will suit you better knowing full well he won't have Hamilton as the benchmark, so will automatically look better.

#15 sofarapartguy

sofarapartguy

• 1,267 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 16:02

The -26 and -27 were also designed completely to Button's preferences.

Oh really?

#16 ExFlagMan

ExFlagMan

• 5,725 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 16:11

Don't you just love this forums conspiracy theorists!
I know it's hard for some people around here but try looking at things logically - of course the '13 car will primarily be built round JB's input - no point in getting LH involved as he's leaving and you would not want him taking inside knowlege with him and Perez won't arrive until its too late to incorporate any of his ideas/preferences - so McLaren would be pretty stupid to ignore JB when designing/building the car.

#17 KingB

KingB

• 348 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 16:22

didn't somebody recently say in an interview, that teams don't build cars around a driver?

#18 krea

krea

• 2,115 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 16:31

didn't somebody recently say in an interview, that teams don't build cars around a driver?

that's true, because all drivers like the same things... more downforce, neutral car and stuff.

#19 Suntrek

Suntrek

• 1,796 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 16:38

No, not recenly. However, it has been repeated in absurdum over more years - that I care thinking about - that cars are being built for X Y or Z driver. :yawnface:

The cars are built for higest possible speed. Or do you think they somehow file some magic driver-number parameter when accessing the car's windtunnel performance? Of course not.

The engineers strive to build be best car they can. End of.

Advertisement

#20 03011969

• 656 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 16:41

Just excuse making, something Button is good at.

Plus this is a win-win situation; blame something else for your poor performance, and then say next years car will suit you better knowing full well he won't have Hamilton as the benchmark, so will automatically look better.

But given Button has already outperformed 'the benchmark', what difference does it make?

Edited by 3011969, 15 November 2012 - 16:52.

#21 maverick69

maverick69

• 5,975 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 16:46

No, not recenly. However, it has been repeated in absurdum over more years - that I care thinking about - that cars are being built for X Y or Z driver. :yawnface:

The cars are built for higest possible speed. Or do you think they somehow file some magic driver-number parameter when accessing the car's windtunnel performance? Of course not.

The engineers strive to build be best car they can. End of.

Yep.

#22 moorsey

moorsey

• 653 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 16:46

But given Button has already outperformed Hamilton, what difference does it make?

Really? I must have missed that. :stoned:

#23 03011969

• 656 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 16:54

Really? I must have missed that. :stoned:

I might be out of date. Can anybody remind me of their respective points tally whilst racing together? (And let's hope the "Points don't mean nuffink" brigade aren't going to do their funny dance again...)

#24 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 16:59

Points obviously mean something but you like a lot don't look at the extra wins/poles which most people actually care about.

#25 Claudiu

Claudiu

• 1,970 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 17:02

McLaren looks set to finish runner-up in the constructors' championship for the second consecutive season ...

Last time I checked the runner-up was Ferrari

#26 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 17:09

Quoted as saying 'next years car should suit me a lot better which is very exciting!'.

Don't pretty much all drivers say the exact same thing every year? None of the 2013 cars have driven even a single mile! :drunk:

We won't know where the cars are until they're put through their paces in a competitive environment, which won't happen before the first race of 2013.

#27 thesham01

thesham01

• 1,502 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 17:20

I might be out of date. Can anybody remind me of their respective points tally whilst racing together? (And let's hope the "Points don't mean nuffink" brigade aren't going to do their funny dance again...)

Do you think Button deserves to be within 12 points of Hamilton this season?

#28 Trust

Trust

• 5,153 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 17:23

True story.

#29 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 6,304 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 17:29

Regulations are hardly changing for next year, so how can Button say next year's car will suit him, when clearly this year's car hasn't?

#30 P123

P123

• 23,842 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 17:31

Points obviously mean something but you like a lot don't look at the extra wins/poles which most people actually care about.

Some people want to go only by points. Some people want to ignore them completely. And the rest are sensible enough to look at a range of factors when judging performances.

As for the topic. Errr, no.

#31 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,034 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:03

And about last years car... Love his optimism but I expect him to be slugging it out with Lewis most of the year.

#32 inca_roads

inca_roads

• 1,456 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:03

You're right. Hamilton was out-performing Button until Abu Dhabi, as he had more points, but his utterly lacklustre showing there of topping almost every session and comfortably leading the race, compared to his team-mate who qualified out of the top 3 and didn't make the podium despite inheriting a position due to Lewis retiring changed all that, and means Button is now the better of the two.

#33 panzani

panzani

• 18,732 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:06

Is this the match for PC's Joke's Thread? Of course he had not one but many contract offers from McLaren. He just decided to go to the dark side and join that known cheater Brawn, as simple as that. There's no Team which would dare to offer Lewis a number 2 — as there's no Team which would offer Messi or Ibramovic or Neymar or even Christiano Ronaldo the same spot.

I always expect crazy/stupid threads in between seasons but this year they've come earlier for sure! And I lit a ciggie, of course! :rotfl:

#34 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 6,090 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:06

Hamilton has 9 wins to Button's 7, not really a massive difference over 3 years. No points for pole and obviously Hamilton hasn't been able to translate his huge pole advantage to wins and points for a variety of reasons.

I don't belong to either the points club or the "context" club but to the group that believes you have to balance the two.

I bet if you asked Alonso or Vettel if they would mind winning the WDC by the other blowing their engine in the last 2 races they would say No. I tend to think the drivers and teams want the actual points Championship and the big prize instead of losing but being the "Peoples Context Champion".

Just my personal opinion. :smoking: Plus I am in the camp that says Hamilton has beaten Button solidly 2 to 1 in their 3 year battle.

Edited by Watkins74, 15 November 2012 - 18:07.

#35 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:10

Regulations are hardly changing for next year, so how can Button say next year's car will suit him, when clearly this year's car hasn't?

Its just wishful thinking on his part. Or he believes that the rift in feedback between he and Lewis was so big that development-wise, things went too far away from him.

Its nonsense either way.

#36 ZooL

ZooL

• 2,063 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:38

This.

Carlsberg dont do posts but if they did this would be the best one in the world...

#37 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:41

I have a new theory too. Hamilton left cause he didn't like the catering. Also he thought McLaren overalls made his bum look big. Also he couldn't figure out wtf was with that VIP area in the middle of the garage and why people init looked like fish in a fishtank

#38 Schumacher7

Schumacher7

• 776 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:41

:| Oh dear.

#39 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 18:51

I think you should leave conspiracy theorising to the professionals :p

Edited by jjcale, 15 November 2012 - 18:51.

Advertisement

#40 g1n

g1n

• 894 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 19:42

LMAO

what's so funny in that article?

#41 F1Newbie

F1Newbie

• 899 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 19:51

When Jenson wins, the car suits him and when Jenson doesn't win, the car doesn't suit him. We will know if the car suits him if he wins next season. If he doesn't win, the engineers got it wrong yet again and didn't build a car that suit him despite his feedbacks.

#42 toxicfusion

toxicfusion

• 553 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 19:53

Back in September McLaren said it was built with both Lewis and Jenson in mind.

Wish they'd make their minds up.

#43 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 19:55

Hamilton has 9 wins to Button's 7, not really a massive difference over 3 years. No points for pole and obviously Hamilton hasn't been able to translate his huge pole advantage to wins and points for a variety of reasons.

I don't belong to either the points club or the "context" club but to the group that believes you have to balance the two.

I bet if you asked Alonso or Vettel if they would mind winning the WDC by the other blowing their engine in the last 2 races they would say No. I tend to think the drivers and teams want the actual points Championship and the big prize instead of losing but being the "Peoples Context Champion".

Just my personal opinion. :smoking: Plus I am in the camp that says Hamilton has beaten Button solidly 2 to 1 in their 3 year battle.

Agreed but sometimes out of Lewis' control that he was unable to translate his poles into victories.

Button has certainly done a lot better than anyone would have thought in the years together. His stock is greater for this and after Australia it looked like he had another level until the grid got closer and the set up window narrowed to have a fast car, very much like 2009 when the car had a large set up cushion Jenson was unbeatable.

#44 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 6,769 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 20:14

Jenson has this issue with tyre temps, just can't heat them up in that narrow window. In 2009, whilst his quali sucked in the second half of the season, his race performances were exemplary.

#45 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 20:22

They could build a replica of the Brawn car which Button dominated in for a period and Hamilton would still trounce him.

#46 amppatel

amppatel

• 525 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 21:03

They could build a replica of the Brawn car which Button dominated in for a period and Hamilton would still trounce him.

+1

Like I said, any car, even perfectly suited to Button and Hamilton would win!

#47 Iremos

Iremos

• 116 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 22:27

+1

Use your crystal ball wisely, Sauron might find you....

#48 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,034 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 23:29

+1

Like he did in 2011? Sorry but we can't pretend Lewis hasn't been beaten by Jenson, regardless of circumstance...

#49 BillBald

BillBald

• 5,818 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 00:34

Jenson has this issue with tyre temps, just can't heat them up in that narrow window. In 2009, whilst his quali sucked in the second half of the season, his race performances were exemplary.

Considering he didn't have KERS, and was often racing against cars which did have KERS, Jenson did a lot of overtaking in 2009.

#50 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:50

what's so funny in that article?

That Mclaren relies on Button's feedback to develop its cars.... so did they for 2012 car.

Considering he didn't have KERS, and was often racing against cars which did have KERS, Jenson did a lot of overtaking in 2009.

Nice try but KERS cars were heavier.

Edited by ViMaMo, 16 November 2012 - 03:57.