Photo

Need Subscription - where is the HD iPad version?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Thanatos

Thanatos

• 184 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:39

I really would like to subscribe to Autosport - and I would really like to read it on my iPad, as I'm used to that now (Times, NatGeo, Zinio)

But its been months, since we have seen the 'Coming Soon' - where is it??

(Today I've reached my limit on news articles grr!!) Hehe...

Advertisement

#2 pristineaudio

pristineaudio

• 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:52

I'd really like an answer to this. "Coming soon" seems to be redefining the word "soon". Do you actually have a projected release date, and if so, any clue as to which year it might be in?

#3 Grayson

Grayson
  • Autosport digital product manager

• 3,497 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:17

But its been months, since we have seen the 'Coming Soon' - where is it??

Trust me when I say that we at AUTOSPORT are as frustrated by the delay as you are - if we'd known that there were going to be so many complications involved in launching an AUTOSPORT+ subscription package which includes the iPad version then we definitely wouldn't have designed a subscriptions page with a "coming soon" sticker on the final option! I'm hoping that I'm going to be able to give you some good news in the next two weeks, but I was also hoping that we'd be able to get this launched at the start of the Autumn.

The reasons for the delay are quite mundane - we want to make sure that we don't process payment and then fail to deliver what you've paid for.

#4 pristineaudio

pristineaudio

• 17 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 15:23

I see the price has risen from €2.98/week to €3.02/week - not sure whether this is a good sign or not! ;-)

#5 Grayson

Grayson

• 3,497 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:56

Well observed - it was a sign we were putting the last couple of details in place ready for launch!

#6 Bartel

Bartel

• 887 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:18

Is there a subscription service for Android tablets aswel as iPad? and in HD?

#7 Grayson

Grayson

• 3,497 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:40

Is there a subscription service for Android tablets aswel as iPad? and in HD?

The plan is that the tablet version will roll out to other devices such as the demand grows, but we can't offer you any promises or timescale for now.

At the moment, the only package we offer for AUTOSPORT+ and a tablet version of the magazine is for the iPad. If you've got an Android, Blackberry or Amazon device which is able to read PDF documents then you can sign up for the digital edition of AUTOSPORT and download it as a PDF, though this experience obviously isn't as good as the dedicated tablet version of the magazine.