Photo

Will Vettel Secure the Title This Weekend?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Will Vettel Secure the Title This Weekend? (166 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Vettel secure the title this weekend?

1. Yes, he will secure the title this weekend. (71 votes [43.29%])

Percentage of vote: 43.29%

2. No, but he will win the title in Brazil. (72 votes [43.90%])

Percentage of vote: 43.90%

3. No, Alonso will win the title this year. (21 votes [12.80%])

Percentage of vote: 12.80%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:57

Who said anything is decided? For Vettel to win the title, Alonso would have to DNF and Vettel has to win the race? No, that was not the point. Not even remotely close.

Forgive me, but then I am not sure what the point is (in relationship to OT).

BTW in Castrol rating all "experts" have Alonso on podium (I think in P3).

Advertisement

#52 tsk19xx

tsk19xx

• 41 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:10

If Seb gets away cleanly and Hamilton, Webber and Raikkonen excape from the clutches of Schumi, he'll probably take the title today.

Edited by tsk19xx, 18 November 2012 - 09:10.

#53 fastwriter

fastwriter

• 173 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:01

Nothing is decided yet. Point was, Alonso would have to suffer DNF today, and Seb to win, in order to secure WDC title. That's pretty weird scenario; possible, but bizzare. Even as Seb's fan, I don't wish DNF to anyone.

Sorry, but if I calculate correctly, than Alonso has to finish 4th, when Seb wins, to stay in contention theoretically. Seb leads by 10 Points, would gain 15 on Alonso if he finishes fifth - that would be the title for SV, because of the higher number of wins in the season.

Edited by fastwriter, 18 November 2012 - 11:10.

#54 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 1,803 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:15

I just hope we don't have to listen to Vettel's artifical crying and screaming on the radio, followed up by his usual "Thank you boys."

Edited by DutchQuicksilver, 18 November 2012 - 10:16.

#55 fifi

fifi

• 12,146 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:23

hopefully not would be good for the title decider in brazil next week

#56 fifi

fifi

• 12,146 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:23

hopefully not would be good for the title decider in brazil next week

#57 PapaD

PapaD

• 40 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:20

Right, because a break problem at the end of the straight is not dangerous at all. Or if your steering brakes. Or ...

So called "fans" are a diagrace, just like hooligans in football. In the Ferrari thread someone wished Vettel to fall and break hia hands. Joking or not , you idiots are just stupid and bitter.

edit: do you remember how Senna died? Oh, right ...mechincal failure

My word, someone is seething!!

Whether you like it or not, lots of people like to see cars break down, without automatically wishing the driver to die too.

'Verge of tears' style postings, like the above, because they hope your favourite driver breaks down does you no favours at all.

#58 HP

HP

• 14,225 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:54

I do hope the title is decided in Brazil. Although it will cause me getting another short night rest.

My word, someone is seething!!

Whether you like it or not, lots of people like to see cars break down, without automatically wishing the driver to die too.

'Verge of tears' style postings, like the above, because they hope your favourite driver breaks down does you no favours at all.

Simply finishing ahead with some nice overtaking moves over the other WDC challenger would do the trick nicely enough and be more impressive. But I'm probably too old fashioned these days to think in F1 this is still possible.