Photo

Undisputed that Hamilton, Vettel, and Alonso are the 3 best drivers in F1 now?

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

Poll: Undisputed that Hamilton, Vettel, and Alonso are the 3 best drivers in F1 now? (426 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a correct Assessment?

1. Yes (245 votes [57.65%])

Percentage of vote: 57.65%

2. No (180 votes [42.35%])

Percentage of vote: 42.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#301 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 8,891 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:24

There is a top 5 and Jenson and Kimi are in the group too. Give anyone of those 5 Vettels 2011 or 2012 Red Bull and they would have won those titles. Put any of those 5 both in the 2011 or 2012 Red Bull as teamates and it would be too close to call over a season.

Advertisement

#302 paulrobs

paulrobs

• 507 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:35

How could he have driven on a similar level to this year when he was out driving rally cars for the previous 2 years?

Quote:
I also rate Kimi highly and would probably make it a top 4 if Kimi had raced last year and the year before to a similar level to this year. He didn't so for me it's a top 3 which may become a top 4 in a couple of years or so.

That was my point entirely. You just shose to read it in a different way :drunk:

#303 paulrobs

paulrobs

• 507 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:42

The fans?? :lol: No, no, you didn´t even mention the worst part... you can expect that sort of thing from a fan, but it´s not only the fans!! The guys themselves pull that "praise each other to look better, and dismiss the rest" trick.

I think they both are insecure characters. When you feel the need to constantly point out how you´re at the very top, and others are below, it probably means you know inside you it´s not exactly like that.

Surely talking some drivers up whilst talking other drivers down is just mindgames? Most humans react well to praise and react badly to criticism. It's just drivers trying to get one over on other drivers and take them down a peg or two, make them feel bd when they're feeling good, etc, et.

#304 Raifosa

Raifosa

• 468 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:27

That was my point entirely. You just shose to read it in a different way :drunk:

ok I misunderstood sorry :kiss:

#305 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:53

There is a top 5 and Jenson and Kimi are in the group too. Give anyone of those 5 Vettels 2011 or 2012 Red Bull and they would have won those titles. Put any of those 5 both in the 2011 or 2012 Red Bull as teamates and it would be too close to call over a season.

:rolleyes: Have you even been watching this season , Button has had a fast car and only has 2 wins no bloody way is he part of the elite group.

#306 mattferg

mattferg

• 847 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:20

Would you not agree Massa is driving much much better in the 2nd half of the season? As for the updates, they haven't really worked, an ongoing problem for Ferrari. So new parts don't mean squat when they're not working.

IMO the Karthikeyan issue was Sebs fault. No need to get that close to a back marker. I remember some of the commentators on Sky saying the exact same thing. As for the alternator, reliability plays a large role in F1. Reliability issues cost Fernando the pole in Monza.

Is that why KAR got a penalty for his actions? Or do penalties not count any more?

#307 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 8,891 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:27

:rolleyes: Have you even been watching this season , Button has had a fast car and only has 2 wins no bloody way is he part of the elite group.

I've also been watching another 30 and base my judgement on all of those.
A lot of people, seemingly Lewis fans, seem to think the ONLY valid season for any judgement, is the current one. How convenient.
Jenson has had a poor season in 2012, Lewis did in 2011, Alonso wasn't marvellous in 2007, Kimi in 2008.
Why do you think the top 3 are guaranteed to perform every year like 2012 (on which you judge) when history has shown that isn't certain to be the case.
I'm just being pragmatic. AT THEIR BEST, there isn't a lot between them, I see no reason to GUESS that one won't be at their best in this hypothetical scenario.

#308 Sinceref189

Sinceref189

• 585 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 13:08

I've also been watching another 30 and base my judgement on all of those.
A lot of people, seemingly Lewis fans, seem to think the ONLY valid season for any judgement, is the current one. How convenient.
Jenson has had a poor season in 2012, Lewis did in 2011, Alonso wasn't marvellous in 2007, Kimi in 2008.
Why do you think the top 3 are guaranteed to perform every year like 2012 (on which you judge) when history has shown that isn't certain to be the case.
I'm just being pragmatic. AT THEIR BEST, there isn't a lot between them, I see no reason to GUESS that one won't be at their best in this hypothetical scenario.

Im just stating that Jenson has never been part of the 4 best drivers on the grid, no way is there 5 . Don't get me wrong i class him better than webber and massa but from what i have seen he doesn't have a certain pedigree that the other 4 have. Yea of course jenson had a poor season but this is down to his pace and tyres, unlike Lewis crashing and alonso and kimi not driving to there full potential they were still fast. I aint some retarded fanboy that has seen only one season so don't class me as an idiot i have watched f1 for 10 years doesn't hardly mean crap because there's new era's and regulations. At the end of the day they have always been consistantly fast simple as that. I do however agree on the whole ' at there best there isn't alot between them' but as we know you can't fake being consistantly fast . I also factor in qualifying pace as well rinehart.

#309 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,186 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 13:26

Im just stating that Jenson has never been part of the 4 best drivers on the grid, no way is there 5 . Don't get me wrong i class him better than webber and massa but from what i have seen he doesn't have a certain pedigree that the other 4 have. Yea of course jenson had a poor season but this is down to his pace and tyres, unlike Lewis crashing and alonso and kimi not driving to there full potential they were still fast. I aint some retarded fanboy that has seen only one season so don't class me as an idiot i have watched f1 for 10 years doesn't hardly mean crap because there's new era's and regulations. At the end of the day they have always been consistantly fast simple as that. I do however agree on the whole ' at there best there isn't alot between them' but as we know you can't fake being consistantly fast . I also factor in qualifying pace as well rinehart.

He certainly was last year.

#310 bub

bub

• 2,170 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 13:30

*Only because Kimi wasn't racing. :p

(*kidding)

#311 P123

P123

• 8,217 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 13:55

And '04, '06, '09. '10 ('07 and '08 hard to say as the car was so terrible). Top 4/5 is fair enough. It's not as if anybody is saying JB is No.1 in that group, but he is capable of beating them on track.

Edited by P123, 23 November 2012 - 13:55.

#312 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,010 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 13:58

Is that why KAR got a penalty for his actions? Or do penalties not count any more?

And? No driver has ever gotten a penalty they didn't deserve? I don't think Seb deserved the penalty in Monza but he got one. So you think Seb deserved the Monza penalty? I don't think KAR deserved a penalty in Malaysia. Just like I think Rosberg deserved a penalty in Bahrain, but he didn't get one. Stewards are human & make mistakes.
I don't think there was any reason for Seb to get tht close to KAR in Malaysia. Just my opinion. But I'm consistent in my beliefs.

#313 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,186 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 14:12

And '04, '06, '09. '10 ('07 and '08 hard to say as the car was so terrible). Top 4/5 is fair enough. It's not as if anybody is saying JB is No.1 in that group, but he is capable of beating them on track.

:up:

#314 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,175 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 15:16

Surely talking some drivers up whilst talking other drivers down is just mindgames? Most humans react well to praise and react badly to criticism. It's just drivers trying to get one over on other drivers and take them down a peg or two, make them feel bd when they're feeling good, etc, et.

Could have been if it started last week, or a month ago. But it´s been going on for a couple of years. It´s just the way they cope with defeat: If I don´t win it´s because of external reasons, no one can do a better job than me. Living in wonderland.

Mindgames or not, it´s classless, useless, and makes the one speaking look a sore loser.