* * * - - 17 votes

Lewis Hamilton - Part IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
848 replies to this topic

#651 garoidb

garoidb

• 4,083 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 22:26

Am I the only one who thinks Lewis Hamilton is being TREMENDOUSLY stupid to get himself lured into comments about returning to McLaren, because that is family etc? Keep your head down and start with the damn job at Mercedes first, and if you're somewhere in year two of the contract THEN start thinking about leaving them, before even making that public.

Indeed. It makes total sense to keep the door open, because they are a top team and it might make sense to go back there sometime, but you have to wonder what Mercedes make about all this. I thought he was going to build the team around him in Schumacher fashion.

Advertisement

#652 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,307 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 22:27

I still don't know what lie Jenson is supposed to have told, but it is clear that lies to officials to get competitors disqualified fall into their own category.

That's a bit harsh...

#653 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 22:45

I still don't know what lie Jenson is supposed to have told, but it is clear that lies to officials to get competitors disqualified fall into their own category.

I also still don't know what DC is supposed to have said. Since you are not rushing to tell me, I suspect it is not comparable.

The move to Switzerland was for tax purposes, even if it was Anthony's idea. It should not have been presented otherwise, since it generated a lot of bad PR. I have no objection to his doing it, by the way.

You're still proving the point dude. Jenson said after the Turkey fuel-saving pass that he hadn't been given a laptime, then he had to admit that he had. The media politely kept it all very low-key. If it had been Hamilton it would have been headlines.

DC referred to backmarkers as monkeys at the back; nobody thought anything of it, that's also why you haven't heard about it.

As far as Lewis was concerned the move to Switzerland probably was about being hassled, even in toilets, rather than money. At that point he didn't even handle money in any quantity.

All these things are petty for white guys, but for Hamilton people pick up on them and suddenly every little difference is a HUGE significant difference. People exaggerate them, or even tell ies about them like you're doing over Trulli above. It's shameful.

#654 garoidb

garoidb

• 4,083 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 22:54

You're still proving the point dude. Jenson said after the Turkey fuel-saving pass that he hadn't been given a laptime, then he had to admit that he had. The media politely kept it all very low-key. If it had been Hamilton it would have been headlines.

DC referred to backmarkers as monkeys at the back; nobody thought anything of it, that's also why you haven't heard about it.

Well, I didn't see it live on TV, which is where I heard it from Lewis. Again, not something I am very exercised about, and I had no idea that DC had said something similar about backmarkers.

As far as Lewis was concerned the move to Switzerland probably was about being hassled, even in toilets, rather than money. At that point he didn't even handle money in any quantity.

Surely he understood the true reasons for the move. But, once again, the reason it became a story was because of a naive approach to the press.

All these things are petty for white guys, but for Hamilton people pick up on them and suddenly every little difference is a HUGE significant difference. People exaggerate them, or even tell ies about them like you're doing over Trulli above. It's shameful.

What lie? Lewis got Trulli penalised by lying to the stewards, did he not?

#655 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:05

Well, I didn't see it live on TV, which is where I heard it from Lewis. Again, not something I am very exercised about, and I had no idea that DC had said something similar about backmarkers.

Surely he understood the true reasons for the move. But, once again, the reason it became a story was because of a naive approach to the press.

What lie? Lewis got Trulli penalised by lying to the stewards, did he not?

Lewis was made to lie by his Sporting Director putting him in an impossible position, as well you know, and not with any thought of getting Trulli penalised let alone disqualified. The way you described it was dishonest.

These are examples of things being exaggerated for Lewis Hamilton and barely noticed when white guys do them. What about that nice Stefano Domenicali lying flatly in the press conference about the Italian flag? Did you notice? Are you going to describe it as lying to the world trying to cheat the rules?

#656 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:10

Lewis doing a demo run in Malta tomorrow... i thought he had worked his last day already.

#657 garoidb

garoidb

• 4,083 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:14

Lewis was made to lie by his Sporting Director putting him in an impossible position, as well you know, and not with any thought of getting Trulli penalised let alone disqualified. The way you described it was dishonest.

No, it wasn't. This is ridiculous. Lewis is his own man, he had a choice about what to do and he lied. In doing so, he claimed that Trulli had done something which carries a penalty.

#658 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:20

These are examples of things being exaggerated for Lewis Hamilton and barely noticed when white guys do them. What about that nice Stefano Domenicali lying flatly in the press conference about the Italian flag? Did you notice? Are you going to describe it as lying to the world trying to cheat the rules?

Hamilton never did publicly apologize to Trulli for having him dq'd. Shameful.

ps. Do you think Lewis thought it was ok to lie because he was only taking a podium from a 'white guy'?

Everything could be exaggerated to appear be racism if you are so disposed. You are just making excuses for LH.

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 09 December 2012 - 15:52.

#659 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:30

No, it wasn't. This is ridiculous. Lewis is his own man, he had a choice about what to do and he lied. In doing so, he claimed that Trulli had done something which carries a penalty.

The FIA were quite clear that Ryan told the stewards the lie first, and even answered for Lewis, leaving Lewis in the position of having to shoot down Ryan or go along with it. Dealing with the stewards was the Sporting Director's job in the team. Lewis' behaviour was at worst no worse than all the other lyng, like Alonso about his Hungary countdown or Vettel about not seeing JB in Suzuka. But the media and various scurrilous fans create the impression it's the worst lie ever told. But in fact Lewis is one of the less frequent liars in the paddock. And here are you, making it out to be a dig deal, still, claiming his motivation was to get Trulli disqualified and saying "oh I hadn't heard about the others" as though that makes them not lies.

So it's part of the same shoddy picture. Like you completely ignoring my point about Stefano lying and the others. Because it's not the lying you're interested in.

Edited by undersquare, 08 December 2012 - 23:33.

Advertisement

#660 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:34

The FIA were quite clear that Ryan told the stewards the lie first, and even answered for Lewis, leaving Lewis in the position of having to shoot down Ryan or go along with it. Dealing with the stewards was the Sporting Director's job in the team. Lewis' behaviour was at worst no worse than all the other lyng, like Alonso about his Hungary countdown or Vettel about not seeing JB in Suzuka. But the media and various scurrilous fans create the impression it's the worst lie ever told. But in fact Lewis is one of the less frequent liars in the paddock. And here are you, making it out to be a dig deal, still, claiming his motivation was to get Trulli disqualified and saying "oh I hadn't heard about the others" as though that makes them not lies.

So it's part of the same shoddy picture.

Maybe someday soon we will hear poor Davey Ryan's version of events. Lewis was the only one to gain benefit from the lie, a podium if he could take Trulli out, I wonder why it would be Ryan who would be so motivated to deceive the stewarts?

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 08 December 2012 - 23:49.

#661 P123

P123

• 8,709 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:43

If you think the only difference is their skin colour, then as said, you're extremely shallow, Here's the thing, rightly or wrongly according to your view Kimi takes a bottle of beer with him for the team photo, Eric Boullier tries to take it off him, Kimi waves Erics hand/arm away. When its pointed out to Kimi that his spinning off affected other drivers he said he didn't care about the other drivers.

Lewis has a rant on twitter being all big and bad, only to retract it when someone, presumably from the team/sponsors object to it, he paints H.A.M on his helmet, only to have it covered over when, again, someone objects, thats another difference for you, one of them is honest and true to himself, the other is about as false as they come and imo at least desperately trying to be something he's not, I'll leave you to figure out which is which.

On the emigrating thing, Lewis's father is on record as having said many years ago that Lewis would have to leave the country when he started making real money.

Oh come on, drop the misty eyed gushing over the 'rebel' Kimi. He behaves like an ass, but it's accepted that's the way he is, and we all have a good laugh at him and with him. Hamilton swears, gets criticised, Kimi swears, gets criticised. Kimi no longer has the corporate world of McLaren hanging over him, that is the main difference. Hamilton does care what others think of him, although that's not always a negative behavioural trait to have.

#662 P123

P123

• 8,709 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:49

Maybe someday soon we will hear poor Davey Ryan's version of events. Lewis was the only one to gain benefit from the lie, I wonder why Ryan would be so motivated to deceive the stewarts?

He was the sporting director. He should have known instantly that Hamilton did not have to give the place back- a slightly unforgivable lapse given that in previous years the McLaren cars of DC and Montoya had gone off under the SC at the very same cricuit. He put forward the lie, and did so again in Malaysia. He was in a position of authority. He was sacked under pressure from the FIA as McLAren were still on probabtion. Poor Lewis Hamilton lost his well earned 3rd place after a superb drive from 18th on the grid in the silver donkey and damage to his reputation for going along with his superior in the team. Hamilton gained no benefit.

#663 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 11,961 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:54

Just for the record, Trulli wasn't dq'd but 'merely' got a 25 second penalty that put him back in 12th place.

#664 P123

P123

• 8,709 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:55

The move to Switzerland was for tax purposes, even if it was Anthony's idea. It should not have been presented otherwise, since it generated a lot of bad PR. I have no objection to his doing it, by the way.

It shouldn't have been presented in any way at all. Where he lives is of zero importance. The problem was McLaren and Hamilton Snr decided they need some phoney reasoned press release to cover it, and that naivety opened the doors to the tut-tutting media, and the borning internet fanboys, to have their little rants. Some drivers have previously claimed because it's easier to travel or for the sun and climate. It used to be a bit of a joke many years ago that none of the drivers would admit to the reason they lived abroad was for tax purposes- well, none apart from Berger.

Edited by P123, 08 December 2012 - 23:58.

#665 garoidb

garoidb

• 4,083 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 23:59

It shouldn't have been presented in any way at all. Where he lives is of zero importance. The problem was McLaren and Hamilton Snr decided they need some phoney reasoned press release to cover it, and that naivety opened the doors to the tut-tutting media, and the borning internet fanboys, to have their little rants. Some drivers have previously claimed because it's easier to travel or for the sun and climate. It used to be a bit of a joke many years ago that none of the drivers would admit to the reason they lived abroad was for tax purposes- well, none apart from Berger.

Yes, I agree completely.

#666 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:01

He was the sporting director. He should have known instantly that Hamilton did not have to give the place back- a slightly unforgivable lapse given that in previous years the McLaren cars of DC and Montoya had gone off under the SC at the very same cricuit. He put forward the lie, and did so again in Malaysia. He was in a position of authority. He was sacked under pressure from the FIA as McLAren were still on probabtion. Poor Lewis Hamilton lost his well earned 3rd place after a superb drive from 18th on the grid in the silver donkey and damage to his reputation for going along with his superior in the team. Hamilton gained no benefit.

That's it P123! This points to the exact motivation of the lie, Hamilton's feeling of being entitled to that podium spot. A quick lie to Davey Ryan saying that he never let Trulli past and the deal was done, Davey and Lewis tell their tale to the stewarts and they get out of dodge with the podium in the bag.

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 09 December 2012 - 00:10.

#667 garoidb

garoidb

• 4,083 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:03

What other driver has been found to have lied to the stewards about an incident, directly resulting in a penalty to another driver?

So it's part of the same shoddy picture. Like you completely ignoring my point about Stefano lying and the others. Because it's not the lying you're interested in.

It is off topic to the thread we are posting in.

#668 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:05

Just for the record, Trulli wasn't dq'd but 'merely' got a 25 second penalty that put him back in 12th place.

You are right scheivlak, thanks.

#669 as65p

as65p

• 17,800 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:08

Oh dear, here we go again. :yawnface: If anything I feel sorry for Ali-G whose brilliant work as a comedian is forever tainted by the connection with this most pathetic of excuses for a rich and famous black sport celebrity like Lewis Hamilton.

#670 itsademo

itsademo

• 408 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:16

Maybe someday soon we will hear poor Davey Ryan's version of events. Lewis was the only one to gain benefit from the lie, a podium if he could take Trulli out, I wonder why it would be Ryan who would be so motivated to deceive the stewarts?

Are you being deliberately disingenuous or have you failed to grasp that the team would have also benefited from the potential for more points.
You like many others want to shout about the lie yet ignore the fact Lewis said the truth in interviews BEFORE the team got to him and only after they talked to him did he change his story to the lie.
It was one of these interviews that was used to prove the lie.
But as that does not fit in with your poor Ryan agenda you ignore that fact.

#671 swerved

swerved

• 3,689 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:17

Oh come on, drop the misty eyed gushing over the 'rebel' Kimi. He behaves like an ass, but it's accepted that's the way he is, and we all have a good laugh at him and with him. Hamilton swears, gets criticised, Kimi swears, gets criticised. Kimi no longer has the corporate world of McLaren hanging over him, that is the main difference. Hamilton does care what others think of him, although that's not always a negative behavioural trait to have.

"Rebel" is your own description, not mine, Interesting that you say he acts like an ass though, I've never heard of him giving away the teams telemetry, nor publicly accusing his team-mate of disrespecting him, and wrongfully as it turned out, and although we've heard Kimi say he doesn't care about the other drivers i've never heard him refer to the backmarkers using derogatory terms, nor lying in order to cheat, and then having the neck to give a press conference, after being caught lying, in which he stated "I'm not a liar" :rotfl:

As for the McLaren corporate world hanging over him, well, Kimi had that when instead of going back to the pits after the car failed he buggered off onto a boat and had a drink, like i said, at least he's true to himself and what you see is what you get, we've seen that many different Lewis's its kinda hard to tell which is the real one, oh and the corporate world of McLaren didn't stop him in Hungary when he rather sneakily went against a team agreement.

Of course Lewis cares what people think, it affects the brand you know.

#672 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:35

If you think the only difference is their skin colour, then as said, you're extremely shallow, Here's the thing, rightly or wrongly according to your view Kimi takes a bottle of beer with him for the team photo, Eric Boullier tries to take it off him, Kimi waves Erics hand/arm away. When its pointed out to Kimi that his spinning off affected other drivers he said he didn't care about the other drivers.

Lewis has a rant on twitter being all big and bad, only to retract it when someone, presumably from the team/sponsors object to it, he paints H.A.M on his helmet, only to have it covered over when, again, someone objects, thats another difference for you, one of them is honest and true to himself, the other is about as false as they come and imo at least desperately trying to be something he's not, I'll leave you to figure out which is which.

On the emigrating thing, Lewis's father is on record as having said many years ago that Lewis would have to leave the country when he started making real money.

That question to Kimi was the dumbest question ever asked by a reporter. No driver cares about other drivers woes about having to slow in caution when the driver being asked didn't finish the session at all. If you are going to discuss something, discuss that - not what the reprecussions for others might be. Stupid Stupid. It is the same for Lewis at times. If you are asked a super dumb question, no amount of qualified response can cover up for the initial ignorance. That is also how I feel about the question of Hamilton moving to Switzerland. Frankly, it is nobody's business and to say that it was purely for tax reasons is to make a huge assumption. Surely, that played into the decision, maybe majorly, but he very well may have found it a peaceful place for a while and it is a great location to travel from. Plus, you largely get left alone to enjoy the restaurants, shops and nature Switzerland offers. So, many reasons may have played into the decision and he doesn't have to list them all for the media in order to be "honest" either. Why should he? That has absolutely nothing to do with his racing and the media need to learn their place and keep their noses out of personal business or expect a lie and live with it.

Edited by bourbon, 09 December 2012 - 00:36.

#673 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:43

Are you being deliberately disingenuous or have you failed to grasp that the team would have also benefited from the potential for more points.
You like many others want to shout about the lie yet ignore the fact Lewis said the truth in interviews BEFORE the team got to him and only after they talked to him did he change his story to the lie.
It was one of these interviews that was used to prove the lie.
But as that does not fit in with your poor Ryan agenda you ignore that fact.

No sense him lying to the reporter, that wouldn't get him his podium back! He needed to lie to the stewart and obtained Ryan's help imo. It's not that complicated.

ps. And yes you are correct that McLaren would have benefited by a single wcc point.

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 09 December 2012 - 01:08.

#674 P123

P123

• 8,709 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 00:58

That's it P123! This points to the exact motivation of the lie, Hamilton's feeling of being entitled to that podium spot. A quick lie to Davey Ryan saying that he never let Trulli past and the deal was done, Davey and Lewis tell their tale to the stewarts and they get out of dodge with the podium in the bag.

I think we're past knowing what the motivation behind the lie was!

#675 P123

P123

• 8,709 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:01

Oh dear, here we go again. :yawnface: If anything I feel sorry for Ali-G whose brilliant work as a comedian is forever tainted by the connection with this most pathetic of excuses for a rich and famous black sport celebrity like Lewis Hamilton.

The comedian is Baron-Cohen, Ali-G only a character.;) No, I don't think he's tainted by association, however evil you think Hamilton is. Few care enough about Hamilton or F1 for that to happen.

Edited by P123, 09 December 2012 - 01:07.

#676 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:17

So Vettel was being honest and true to himself when he apologised for the F-bomb? By your argument he should have just shrugged and not apologised at all.

You basically defeated your own argument regarding different rules for Hamilton. Mainly because you applied different rules to Hamilton, once again!

#677 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:20

That question to Kimi was the dumbest question ever asked by a reporter. No driver cares about other drivers woes about having to slow in caution when the driver being asked didn't finish the session at all. If you are going to discuss something, discuss that - not what the reprecussions for others might be. Stupid Stupid. It is the same for Lewis at times. If you are asked a super dumb question, no amount of qualified response can cover up for the initial ignorance. That is also how I feel about the question of Hamilton moving to Switzerland. Frankly, it is nobody's business and to say that it was purely for tax reasons is to make a huge assumption. Surely, that played into the decision, maybe majorly, but he very well may have found it a peaceful place for a while and it is a great location to travel from. Plus, you largely get left alone to enjoy the restaurants, shops and nature Switzerland offers. So, many reasons may have played into the decision and he doesn't have to list them all for the media in order to be "honest" either. Why should he? That has absolutely nothing to do with his racing and the media need to learn their place and keep their noses out of personal business or expect a lie and live with it.

Don't go bringing common sense to the discussion, nevermind objectivity.

#678 robefc

robefc

• 8,106 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:57

No sense him lying to the reporter, that wouldn't get him his podium back! He needed to lie to the stewart and obtained Ryan's help imo. It's not that complicated.

ps. And yes you are correct that McLaren would have benefited by a single wcc point.

I believe the stewards stated that davey lied first and subsequently interrupted Lewis's answer to lie on his behalf too. They also stated that Lewis appeared very uncomfortable. Ryan was then held responsible for the situation by mclaren and sacked. Furthermore a journalist, can't remember which one, wrote that davey was very upset about his error in ordering Lewis to let trulli past and determined to rescue the 3rd place.

From what we know, or is in the public domain, there is far more pointing to davey being the driver behind the lie rather than Lewis, you appear simply to be making up a theory that ties in with your view of Lewis.

#679 robefc

robefc

• 8,106 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:59

I'm unsure as to whether this is just a blatant insult or whether you are referring to Lewis's Ali g comments as a pathetic excuse?

Advertisement

#680 itsademo

itsademo

• 408 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:10

You must be desperate to put up such weak arguments
After all if you are going to lie you dont tell the press one thing then the stewards another.
After all its not like the press are going to keep that secret are they.
Facts
Lewis told the press the truth
Lewis and McLaren have their debrief
lewis only now changes his story

Most intelligent people understand the most likely reason for Lewis changing his story was because McLaren told him too.
If lewis had the idea to lie he would never have said what he did to the press as he would have been certain that someone would report what he said and thus as happened it got back to the FIA.
McLaren would not have known exactly what lewis had already said to the press when Ryan lied to the stewards, therefore they would not have known how damning it would be, Lewis would hence would not be the originator of the lie.

#681 MP4XX

MP4XX

• 58 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:29

Ah the usual suspects chime in in their numbers to render null and void the opinions of others. Some have no credibility whatsoever. I always remember someone having a dig at Hamilton by quoting something Lewis had said. Thing is, it was Kimi who had said it!
On topic: I do believe that had Lewis Hamilton been a blond, blue-eyed Caucasian be would never have to face half the vitriol directed his way. As one person already pointed out Vettel can say "f**k" and have that glossed over by the media with a grin. Dear God if Lewis had done that! But the acronym HAM is vile and perverse as it gets.
It is clear there is a massive double standard in how Hamilton is treated and it is not far-fetched to attribute this to him being black. (The irony is he is as white as he is black lol). Just check the internet for how many folks really feel about the guy, raw and uncensored, not polished turds that you find on the "civilized" forums.

#682 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,579 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:06

Anybody else notice that Lewis seems to have more hair on his head than he used to?

a couple years ago:

Posted Image

2012:

Posted Image

#683 dhill39

dhill39

• 424 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:12

Wish I had the money to get hair plug,have to shave my head.I have seen a few hair plugs and they look terrible,is look pretty good.

#684 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:22

.....a journalist, can't remember which one, wrote that davey was very upset about his error in ordering Lewis to let trulli past and determined to rescue the 3rd place.

From what we know, or is in the public domain, there is far more pointing to davey being the driver behind the lie rather than Lewis, you appear simply to be making up a theory that ties in with your view of Lewis.

You are correct that there is very little to go on in the public domain.

The truth is that Ryan's side of the story has never been told. The explanation that he was upset about ordering Lewis to let Trulli past, if true, would be a plausible one. At this point we just don't know as Ryan has not cleared the air and that in itself is reason to doubt the 'official' explanations.

McLaren would not have known exactly what lewis had already said to the press when Ryan lied to the stewards, therefore they would not have known how damning it would be, Lewis would hence would not be the originator of the lie.

His position was weakened significantly when he lied to the stewarts almost a week later in Malaysia. Also in Austrailia his role in the interview with the stewarts was bigger according to Charlie Whiting. http://www.telegraph...evelations.html

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 10 December 2012 - 01:02.

#685 speng

speng

• 1,300 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:51

Wish I had the money to get hair plug,have to shave my head.I have seen a few hair plugs and they look terrible,is look pretty good.

must be off season

#686 itsademo

itsademo

• 408 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:09

His position was weakened significantly when he lied to the stewarts almost a week later in Malaysia. Also in Austrailia his role in the interview with the stewarts was bigger according to Charlie Whiting. http://www.telegraph...evelations.html

You still fail to prove in any way that it was Lewis who decided to initiate the lie when the facts we know clearly would favour a different version of events to what you would like to claim.
And as for trying to claim he had a larger role simply by saying twice no he did not slow down is certainly not the worlds worst crime.
As we all know he lied, however as most think based on what we do know Ryan is most defiantly not the sweet little victim of a evil Lewis that you are trying to invent.

#687 Rocket73

Rocket73

• 1,631 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:37

didnt he just grow it a bit?

#688 Timstr11

Timstr11

• 7,969 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:05

McLaren ‏@TheFifthDriver
Just arrived at the #VodafoneMaltaF1 event! http://yfrog.com/ocyp9xekj

McLaren ‏@TheFifthDriver
It will be Lewis' last run in an F1 car with us. Stay tuned for more pics and updates #VodafoneMaltaF1

#689 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:53

Ah the usual suspects chime in in their numbers to render null and void the opinions of others. Some have no credibility whatsoever. I always remember someone having a dig at Hamilton by quoting something Lewis had said. Thing is, it was Kimi who had said it! On topic: I do believe that had Lewis Hamilton been a blond, blue-eyed Caucasian be would never have to face half the vitriol directed his way. As one person already pointed out Vettel can say "f**k" and have that glossed over by the media with a grin. Dear God if Lewis had done that! But the acronym HAM is vile and perverse as it gets.

Hardly the same thing. One was a turn of speech in the moment (bad form, but with an express meaning of not messing something up), whereas Lewis was advertising the expression on his helmet giving it long term, consistent exposure for no reason other than making a proclamation as far as the public understood. That is, the live speaker would have had to continue repeating the word for two hours to have the same impact. I think that was the issue. There is bias in our world - that is a given, but in this case I don't think that played into it. Hamilton was carrying it a bit far. If JZ/KW hadn't mainstreamed the term, then it may have gone over better, but too many people are familiar with it for that to fly, lol.

It is clear there is a massive double standard in how Hamilton is treated and it is not far-fetched to attribute this to him being black. (The irony is he is as white as he is black lol). Just check the internet for how many folks really feel about the guy, raw and uncensored, not polished turds that you find on the "civilized" forums.

I agree that is sometimes the case. However, I have yet to see anything these other drivers do get 'glossed over' on the forums or by the media, so I don't agree with that.

#690 Rocket73

Rocket73

• 1,631 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:56

Have you ever read the comments about Jenson?! Jesus some of it is horrendous...

(i am not trying to make this jb v lh just an example of a blonde blue eyed caucasian getting abuse)

#691 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,307 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:04

Have you ever read the comments about Jenson?! Jesus some of it is horrendous...

(i am not trying to make this jb v lh just an example of a blonde blue eyed caucasian getting abuse)

The level of negativity is not even close .... and I cant recall rampant racial abuse of JB in unmoderated fora.

#692 balage06

balage06

• 91 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:32

Anybody else notice that Lewis seems to have more hair on his head than he used to?

2006:
Posted Image

#693 swerved

swerved

• 3,689 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:48

You still fail to prove in any way that it was Lewis who decided to initiate the lie when the facts we know clearly would favour a different version of events to what you would like to claim.
And as for trying to claim he had a larger role simply by saying twice no he did not slow down is certainly not the worlds worst crime.
As we all know he lied, however as most think based on what we do know Ryan is most defiantly not the sweet little victim of a evil Lewis that you are trying to invent.

Indeed he did, and he did so because according to him "I always do what the team tell me", except of course, in Hungary, so yes, the evil Davey Ryan forced Lewis to lie.

This was Lewis's answer btw, when asked about joining the GPDA

"I had been thinking about it for some time, but I'm not the type of person to be pushed into something I don't want to do,"

#694 P123

P123

• 8,709 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:04

Following the lead of a senior member of management who had years of experience in dealing with stewards at the track is a slightly different situation than saying no to the GPDA. Picking a quotation from your dossier of Hamilton related material doesn't cut it when used without any appreciation of the context.

Any way, back to this season, looks like today will be LH's final run in a McLaren. Hopefully we get some photos.

#695 as65p

as65p

• 17,800 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:23

I'm unsure as to whether this is just a blatant insult or whether you are referring to Lewis's Ali g comments as a pathetic excuse?

How can it be an insult? I was just referring to verifiable events, i.e. Hamilton himself 'joking' about racial discrimination (thankfully only once, AFAIK) and, far more annyoing, some fans repeatedly abusing the theme in order to label any kind of criticism on Hamilton as motivated by racism.

#696 kpchelsea

kpchelsea

• 249 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 13:43

ps. Do you think Lewis thought it was ok to lie because he was only taking a podium from a 'white guy'?

The posts are shameful :down:

#697 kpchelsea

kpchelsea

• 249 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 13:51

Would that be Jackie or Paul?

#698 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,906 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 14:21

How can it be an insult? I was just referring to verifiable events, i.e. Hamilton himself 'joking' about racial discrimination (thankfully only once, AFAIK) and, far more annyoing, some fans repeatedly abusing the theme in order to label any kind of criticism on Hamilton as motivated by racism.

It might have been this little bit you said:

I feel sorry for Ali-G whose brilliant work as a comedian is forever tainted by the connection with this most pathetic of excuses for a rich and famous black sport celebrity like Lewis Hamilton.

#699 PinkZepStones

PinkZepStones

• 220 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 14:30

I don't think race has anything to do with it. It's just some of his actions that rub some people the wrong way.
I'm a Lewis fan but that doesn't stop me from realizing that he does and says silly things from time to time.

Your living in a dream world.

England has generally been the most accepting of other cultures when compared to the rest of the worlds stance and history, and yet so many news stories even just yesterday about racist chants and such at football games. Racism never died, and it never will.

Lewis is as much white as he is black by the way, although that probably pisses off more racists that they be comin' and stealin' our wimin.

Advertisement

#700 Kerch

Kerch

• 1,110 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 14:35

The way you phrased it was to directly refer to Lewis (i.e describing Lewis himself as pathetic), but I can see this phrase could be confusing, especially to someone whose first language is not English (I don't know if that's the case here).