* * * - - 17 votes

Lewis Hamilton - Part IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
848 replies to this topic

#301 Afterburner

Afterburner

• 3,212 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 22:04

Really disappointed for Lewis today... no-one deserved to have their career with a team like McLaren end the way his did.

Advertisement

#302 KavB

KavB

• 1,060 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 22:05

Don't try to reason with the Anti-Lewis Brigade...they have just come in here to gloat.

I'm glad that Hulkenberg apologised, I hope Lewis feels a bit happier now. He can take comfort in knowing that his driving has been magnificent all season...he has well and truly put his 2011 woes behind him. Hopefully he will now be able to relax and spend some time with his family. Onwards and upwards to next season! :)

So is Lewis now officially a Mercedes driver now or does he have to wait until 1st January? I must say I can't wait until Winter Testing starts. I'm going to sign off this thread for now and I'll see you all next year! :cool: :wave:

He still has some appearances to attend as a McLaren driver. I'd assume he can spend December with the Mercedes guys, but we won't see him in Merc wear until January!

#303 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,450 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 22:33

Posted Image

#304 fdspd

fdspd

• 100 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 23:24

Shame about Lewis' retirement. He drove very well this year. As good if not better than the top two. Good luck to him at Merc. Knowing his luck, I have a feeling Mclaren will come up with a blinding fast and reliable car next year and Jensen will end up WDC :p

#305 hamiltorenzo

hamiltorenzo

• 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 00:39

I really hope mercedes build a quick car or hamilltons supreme talent will be wasted

#306 SR388

SR388

• 3,750 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:04

When do you all think Merc will update their site with information on Lewis? Conversely, when do you think McLaren will take down their Lewis stuff?

#307 Anonymous

Anonymous

• 2,948 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:10

#308 hamiltorenzo

hamiltorenzo

• 8 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:13

How many poles and wins for lewis next year? I'm going to say 3 poles and 2 wins

#309 SR388

SR388

• 3,750 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:13

Is that when the contracts are officially up?

#310 SR388

SR388

• 3,750 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:14

How many poles and wins for lewis next year? I'm going to say 3 poles and 2 wins

That would be awesome.

My heart says 12 wins, 10 poles.

My brain says 6 podiums, no poles.

#311 Anonymous

Anonymous

• 2,948 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:16

Is that when the contracts are officially up?

Yes.

#312 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,020 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:19

So lady luck again deserts Lewis.
Hulk, why couldnt you take out Vettel for a change. :p

#313 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 4,124 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:25

is it just me or drivers way more aggressive when fighting Hamilton. I can bet Hulk wouldnt have tried that move on Vettel today.

#314 joshb

joshb

• 3,245 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:39

I think Hulk just got excited about the prospect of passing for a win there and went in a tad too hot and unfortunately for Lewis he was in the way when Hulk lost control on the damp line.
Had a more seasoned driver who is used to fighting for wins had been in that situation, I'd be inclined to think there would've been no contact, if not a pass.

#315 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:49

No he wasn't ahead of Lewis.

He was about to get ahead but he failed to operate the gear-change at the corner correctly and thus ended up losing control of the car's rear

Yes I think you are right on with that assessment. The gear change caused the back end to lose grip and the car slid into Hammy. Nothing Hamilton could do.

Kind of symbolic of Hamilton's season really. He drove well but was just in the wrong place at the wrong time in many races.

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 26 November 2012 - 01:57.

#316 kpchelsea

kpchelsea

• 249 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:52

Hulk was ahead of Lewis when he crashed into him if that makes you feel any better. Probably not.

Trouble is he was travelling backwards at the time

#317 kpchelsea

kpchelsea

• 249 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:57

Yes I think you are right on with that assessment. The gear change caused the back end to lose grip and the car slid into Hammy. Nothing Hamilton could do.

Yes he reported problems with the down shift earlier in the race

#318 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:21

I don´t blame Hulk for the move, Lewis in his second season would have tried it as well.

#319 alg7_munif

alg7_munif

• 1,615 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:34

I don´t blame Hulk for the move, Lewis in his second season would have tried it as well.

No harm in trying but get the move stick and don't do silly mistake like losing control of the rear of the car. If you don't blame Hulk for losing control of his car, who would you blame it on? The marshall at the side of the track?

Edited by alg7_munif, 26 November 2012 - 06:35.

Advertisement

#320 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:54

No harm in trying but get the move stick and don't do silly mistake like losing control of the rear of the car. If you don't blame Hulk for losing control of his car, who would you blame it on? The marshall at the side of the track?

Every driver lost control of his car during this race at least once. Some caught it before they had a spin, some spun, some crashed... that is racing in the wet.

#321 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 1,792 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:14

Yeah better blame someone else than the guy who did it... :rolleyes:

#322 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:17

Yeah better blame someone else than the guy who did it... :rolleyes:

The crash was his fault, but I do not blame him for trying.

#323 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 1,792 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:21

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No excuse for Hulk...

#324 alg7_munif

alg7_munif

• 1,615 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:25

Every driver lost control of his car during this race at least once. Some caught it before they had a spin, some spun, some crashed... that is racing in the wet.

So none of them made any mistake on their own?

#325 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect

• 4,837 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:29

The crash was his fault, but I do not blame him for trying.

I agree. There's no doubt that it was Hulks fault, but I was surprised Hamilton didn't give him more space and maybe even tuck in behind him given that it was wet and he was driving against someone not used to being at the front.

#326 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:30

So none of them made any mistake on their own?

It is normal to make mistakes in such conditions. And comapred to other overtake attempts we have seen this year, Hülkenberg looked neither crazy nor extremely risky or intentional like some of Maldonado´s or Grosjean´s moves this year.

#327 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,522 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:31

Congratulations to Hamilton for an amazing season, from the driver point of view, he and Fernando are the heroes of the season in my opinion. Now that he is out of McLaren, I wish him the best and I hope Mercedes give him the car he deserves. Can't wait till the day he and Fernando clash horns from race 1 to race 20.

#328 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,311 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:32

Canada win
Valencia (the following race) DNF

Hungary win
Spa (the following race) DNF
Italy (the following race) win
Singapore (the following race) DNF

USA win
Brazil (the following race) DNF

#329 alg7_munif

alg7_munif

• 1,615 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:36

I agree. There's no doubt that it was Hulks fault, but I was surprised Hamilton didn't give him more space and maybe even tuck in behind him given that it was wet and he was driving against someone not used to being at the front.

Just look at these pictures, how much more space does Lewis need to give him? Should Lewis just get out of the way as if he is being lapped and shown the blue flag? Can't really understand why people would still argue that the incident was not Hulkenberg's fault.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No excuse for Hulk...

#330 bauss

bauss

• 4,956 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:38

OMG....dafuq...somehow we are going to have to spin it that LH must share some little blame right.... did you see the screenshots posted above you. LH gave him huuge space, there could almost have been another car btw them b4 Hulk lost his rear... you folks disgust me attimes

#331 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 1,792 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:41

OMG....dafuq...somehow we are going to have to spin it that LH must share some little blame right.... did you see the screenshots posted above you. LH gave him huuge space, there could almost have been another car btw them b4 Hulk lost his rear... you folks disgust me attimes

:up:
Yeah, trying to spin it and blame Hamilton is low...
What can one do? Haters gonna hate no matter what...

#332 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:48

Hamilton could do nothing to avoid the crash.

#333 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect

• 4,837 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:54

:up:
Yeah, trying to spin it and blame Hamilton is low...
What can one do? Haters gonna hate no matter what...

Good grief! I'm not trying to blame Hamilton! Do any of you actually read?!

There's no doubt that it was Hulks fault

All I was saying was that possibly Hamilton could have accounted for the fact he was driving against Hulk and not Alonso/Vettel and that a slip could happen i.e. not being there to catch a possible accident.

#334 motorhead

motorhead

• 880 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:56

It was a racing incident, feel sorry for Ham but still it wasn´t deliberate. Hulk los the rear and that´s about it

#335 akshay380

akshay380

• 540 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:01

Very stupid question but I hope someone helps me out.

I would like to send something to Lewis Hamilton. I honestly believe it will bring him good luck. Will he get it if I send it for MTC? What you guys think?

If you can help me in any way then please post here or PM me. Thanks in advance.

Edited by akshay380, 26 November 2012 - 08:11.

#336 peroa

peroa

• 8,832 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:02

Frustrating end to a frustrating season and a frustrating bunch of years since 2008.

#337 alg7_munif

alg7_munif

• 1,615 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:12

It was a racing incident, feel sorry for Ham but still it wasn´t deliberate. Hulk los the rear and that´s about it

No it is not, he made a mistake and caused a collision. No driver would intentionally hit another car deliberately.

Actually, if Lewis squeezed him onto the kerbs, leaving only a car's width gap and they end up colliding, then the stewards might call it a racing incident. The car from behind needs to find a gap for a safe overtaking while the car being overtaken needs to leave sufficient space if significant portion of the overtaking car is already along side him.

The fact that Lewis left more than enough space and yet Hulkenberg still made a mistake which caused a collision means that this is not a racing incident but rather his mistake was causing an avoidable collision.

#338 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:14

No it is not, he made a mistake and caused a collision. No driver would intentionally hit another car deliberately.

After seeing some crashes involving Grosjean, Maldonado and Senna, I would not bet on that.

#339 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,134 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:18

Very stupid question but I hope someone helps me out.

I would like to send something to Lewis Hamilton. I honestly believe it will bring him good luck. Will he get it if I send it for MTC? What you guys think?

If you can help me in any way then please post here or PM me. Thanks in advance.

I imagine his website would help with that, but I'm sure if you sent it to MTC it would find him too.

Advertisement

#340 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 984 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:24

After seeing some crashes involving Grosjean, Maldonado and Senna, I would not bet on that.

When did Grosjean and Senna crash deliberately? Or you mean 1990 Senna? I seen Maldonado doing it twice thou, Spa 2011 and there is a movie on youtube from some lower formula series.

#341 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,791 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:27

Another karma-sutra devotee.

So when will we see the karma for the 7 points Vettel lucked into in Singapore?

He paid that in cash in Austin Texas.

#342 Hyatt

Hyatt

• 1,106 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:55

well, time to move on, isn' it? do we know when Lewis will be released from Mclaren? when will be is first outing in AMG outfit? will there be any test this year? ... so many questions ...

#343 Moore

Moore

• 386 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:58

well, time to move on, isn' it? do we know when Lewis will be released from Mclaren? when will be is first outing in AMG outfit? will there be any test this year? ... so many questions ...

He starts on the 1st January 2013.

#344 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:37

Good grief! I'm not trying to blame Hamilton! Do any of you actually read?!

All I was saying was that possibly Hamilton could have accounted for the fact he was driving against Hulk and not Alonso/Vettel and that a slip could happen i.e. not being there to catch a possible accident.

That's BS. Sorry, that's just BS. Funny you mention Vettel... I have recollection of Spa 2011 for Button (that didn't end up so well for Button. Should Button have left more room to Vettel at Spa?)

#345 fenixracing

fenixracing

• 331 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:08

interview bernie

Edited by fenixracing, 26 November 2012 - 10:09.

#346 Lazy

Lazy

• 5,134 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:08

That's BS. Sorry, that's just BS. Funny you mention Vettel... I have recollection of Spa 2011 for Button (that didn't end up so well for Button. Should Button have left more room to Vettel at Spa?)

I think you have to say that Hulk sliding into Lewis was orders of magnitude more predictable than Vettels bizarre spearing of Jenson before they had even got to the corner.

#347 stanga

stanga

• 1,124 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:14

He paid that in cash in Austin Texas.

Of course, how could I forgot the retirement he suffered there.

#348 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,238 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:37

When did Grosjean and Senna crash deliberately? Or you mean 1990 Senna? I seen Maldonado doing it twice thou, Spa 2011 and there is a movie on youtube from some lower formula series.

Maldonado crashed Hamilton in Monaco Turn 1. As soon as he saw he was going to be taken he turned in early like a madman.

#349 oligc94

oligc94

• 511 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:40

He gave him plenty of space. Hulk made a mistake, was punished for it, and there's nothing more to say really. I'm almost certain that every other driver on the grid would have acted in a very similar way to Lewis if they were fighting for the lead.

#350 10e10

10e10

• 802 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:42

I think you have to say that Hulk sliding into Lewis was orders of magnitude more predictable than Vettels bizarre spearing of Jenson before they had even got to the corner.

But what do you think Lewis could have done more? He braked as hard as he could and there was nowhere to go as we was right behind Kova. The only one at fault was Hulk and Lewis didn't put up much of a fight, he barely protected the corner.