Photo

Vettel's little tantrum when Hamilton passed him....

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1 Eff One 2002

Eff One 2002

• 1,132 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:06

... anyone else find this funny? There's one thing I've noticed about Vettel and that's that he's all smiles and sunshine when it's all going his way, but as soon as it's not he often gets the shits very quickly. :lol:

Advertisement

#2 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,165 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:12

Hamilton tantrum.

Alonso tantrum.

Vettel tantrum.

Webber stomach tantrum.

#3 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:13

Webber's always vomiting when things dont go his way.

#4 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 6,287 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:14

The last couple races he has lost his cool a bit into the radio. But I'm not so sure it's indicative of some kind of pattern.

#5 Eff One 2002

Eff One 2002

• 1,132 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:15

Yup, don't get me wrong I know most of them have them, but Vettel just seems to throw his biscuit in the dirt more than the others when things don't go his way.

#6 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:16

Frustration is a normal emotion for F1 drivers.

Except this forum throws a tantrum when drivers like Alonso or Hamilton show such emotions.

#7 Blackmadonna

Blackmadonna

• 125 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:30

Frustration is a normal emotion for F1 drivers.

Except this forum throws a tantrum when drivers like Alonso or Hamilton show such emotions.

I'd even go that far to say frustration is a normal emotion for everyone.

#8 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,414 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:26

Yup, don't get me wrong I know most of them have them, but Vettel just seems to throw his biscuit in the dirt more than the others when things don't go his way.

I don't think so. I think because he's two time WDC winner & very early in his career he gets lot of attention. I don't believe he throws ny more tantrums than the next guy.

#9 Zippel

Zippel

• 1,145 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:27

#10 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 5,750 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:58

:rotfl:

#11 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:45

Great bash thread. :rolleyes:

#12 krea

krea

• 2,115 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:01

selective perception

#13 Mr.Wayne

Mr.Wayne

• 583 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:11

... anyone else find this funny? There's one thing I've noticed about Vettel and that's that he's all smiles and sunshine when it's all going his way, but as soon as it's not he often gets the shits very quickly. :lol:

Hillarious! He just lost the lead of the race, and compromised his championship, not because of his driving, but because of a silly backmarker who didn't move away earlier.... I am sure all other F1 drivers would have been elated had that happened to them :rolleyes:

#14 SpartanChas

SpartanChas

• 910 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:25

It's racing. These things happen.

#15 Peat

Peat

• 8,799 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:31

He had a point though. The DRS at Austin was a bit of a farce.

#16 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect

• 5,618 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:32

:rotfl:

#17 PretentiousBread

PretentiousBread

• 2,906 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:45

My opinion is that all DRS is a farce, but Austin's wasn't nearly as bad as some. It did take a backmarker to make the overtake possible.

#18 sofarapartguy

sofarapartguy

• 1,267 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:47

He didn't think so in Abu Dabi.

Edited by sofarapartguy, 22 November 2012 - 07:47.

#19 majkel

majkel

• 271 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:55

F**** double standards. For me ridiculous advantage RBR has in fast corners is also a farce.
DRS is same for everyone, THEY made a choice of downforce level, gear ratios hence top speed so they should just STFU.

Didn't mean to offend you, just Vettel acts like spoiled kid sometimes and it pisses me off a bit.

Edited by majkel, 22 November 2012 - 07:56.

Advertisement

#20 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,472 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:39

DRS is a farce to the whole sport.

What was Vettel saying exactly? Couldnt understand his mumbling on the radio.

#21 chdphd

chdphd

• 2,753 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:45

(it's a bit sweary)

#22 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,019 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:52

Rubbish. If DRS was such a farce in Austin why did Hamilton only get past on the 10th or so DRS attempt? It took a back marker holding up Vettel by about 0.5s to let Lewis get close enough to finally make proper use of the DRS. And if the DRS was such an advantage Vettel should have had no problem making use of it himself and re-passing Hamilton. Did anyone hear Vettel complaining the DRS was too good when he was trying to pass Hamilton? Thought not.

Edited by Tenmantaylor, 22 November 2012 - 08:53.

#23 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 6,769 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:56

You have to remember that these guys didn't have a normal upbringing like the rest of us. They kind of live in a bubble. Anyway, they all whine, they are kids in a playground.

#24 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:29

Your basing that on the few snippets of radio messages that FOM deem us worthy of receiving.

#25 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:31

Maybe, but I've never heard anyone complain when the DRS plays in their favour.

#26 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:38

selective perception

/thread

#27 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:45

No it wasn't, most of the passes were at T1

#28 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:12

I thought someone (Kravitz??) said that the full message was Vettel bitching about getting held up behind Karthikeyan in the esses which resulted in the easy pass

#29 e34

e34

• 762 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:14

Hillarious! He just lost the lead of the race, and compromised his championship, not because of his driving, but because of a silly backmarker who didn't move away earlier.... I am sure all other F1 drivers would have been elated had that happened to them :rolleyes:

But then when Alonso does something similar, he is a dummy spitting spoiled brat.

I am perfectly OK with drivers (whether they are Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso or whoever) venting their frustration in the heat of the moment and then behaving like normal human beings.

What I find amazing is how the same (or very similar) behaviour can be perceived so differently depending on whose behaviour is.

#30 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,472 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:54

Why cant they fix the cars dependence on aero grip so we can see real battles again instead of these button pressing farce

#31 Higli

Higli

• 262 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:58

Hillarious! He just lost the lead of the race, and compromised his championship, not because of his driving, but because of a silly backmarker who didn't move away earlier

Backmarkers are part of the game. Remember Senna/Schlesser at Monza?

#32 Peat

Peat

• 8,799 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:06

There were several instances where the DRS 'blow-by' was a bit OTT and the attacker was passed by well before the braking zone.

But, as you all rightly point out, getting the activation was the tough bit.

Who'd a thunk that putting it directly after a long, high speed 'assault course' (It's definatley not a racetrack) would mean cars string out?

#33 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 15,853 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:07

What I found funny, was that his frustration was that it was "too easy to overtake in F1 now"- Really a good way to say that his own job in Abu Dhabi was... nothing special!

#34 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:12

Wow. I would totally have been satisfied with 2nd under those conditions. These guys are hungry.

#35 joshb

joshb

• 3,387 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:26

Have all the 'anyone but Vettel' clowns from PlanetF1 come over here recently?

#36 Mr.Wayne

Mr.Wayne

• 583 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:38

I thought someone (Kravitz??) said that the full message was Vettel bitching about getting held up behind Karthikeyan in the esses which resulted in the easy pass

Yap. He wasn't complaining about Hamilton passing him or about DRS or about the top speed of the McLaren or anything of the sort. He was complaining about a backmarker who ignored the blue flags, held him up, and led him to lose the lead on the race, and to compromise his championship campaign....

#37 Mr.Wayne

Mr.Wayne

• 583 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:39

But then when Alonso does something similar, he is a dummy spitting spoiled brat.

I am perfectly OK with drivers (whether they are Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso or whoever) venting their frustration in the heat of the moment and then behaving like normal human beings.

What I find amazing is how the same (or very similar) behaviour can be perceived so differently depending on whose behaviour is.

I don't remember Alonso ever having a race lead lost, and his championship compromised, because of a backmarker that ignored the BlueFlags for about a whole sector...

#38 prty

prty

• 8,386 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:44

I don't remember Alonso ever having a race lead lost, and his championship compromised, because of a backmarker that ignored the BlueFlags for about a whole sector...

Re-watch Canada 2010 then.

#39 goingthedistance

goingthedistance
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,471 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:54

If you listen on the team radio after the Austin race Horner is all "It wasn't your fault Seb" and Seb is all "I am not to blame". It's like - why are they so obsessed with the kid not taking responsibility for anything at all (see also the recent farce behind the safety car in Abu Dhabi where he had a tanty at Daniel Ricciardo)? It's pathological. I now totally understand how Turkey 2010 happened.

He lost a position. Big deal. It happens with a driver of Hamilton's calibre behind you. Man up and take it gracefully, don't blame it on a random backmarker or "stupid" DRS or whatever. They had to get past lots of backmarkers and Hamilton simply bided his time. It was always going to happen IMO.

Advertisement

#40 goingthedistance

goingthedistance
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,471 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:03

Yap. He wasn't complaining about Hamilton passing him or about DRS or about the top speed of the McLaren or anything of the sort. He was complaining about a backmarker who ignored the blue flags, held him up, and led him to lose the lead on the race, and to compromise his championship campaign....

No, someone posted a link to the audio yesterday. He bitches about both the DRS making it too easy and producing a stupid overtake, and then later after pauses says "it was Karthikeyan's fault".

Basically he was frustrated at being overtaken and lashed out at several things at once.

#41 jk

jk

• 1,750 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:13

He lost a position. Big deal. It happens with a driver of Hamilton's calibre behind you. Man up and take it gracefully, don't blame it on a random backmarker or "stupid" DRS or whatever. They had to get past lots of backmarkers and Hamilton simply bided his time. It was always going to happen IMO.

He behaved very gracefully after the race, so what is the big deal?
He was right to be pissed at the moment it happened. He had just done a brilliant mistake free race for more than 1 hour, leaving his champioship rival behind by 30 seconds. And after such a brilliant run he loses the lead because of a backmarker. Of course it is frustrating when you do brilliantly and still loses the lead because of a situation out of your control. And if he gets it out of his system by having a small whine on the radio, who cares? It is not like it influenced on his driving, he was brilliant throughout the race and never made a single mistake.

Everybody has to vent on the radio. Alonso had a whine in practice because Michael was warming up on an outlap. As long as they keep their driving cool, who cares what is said?
On this point I think the edited radio broadcasts are misleading. Since we only get a very selected number of transmission during the race, who knows what is going on most of the time? I think the transmission for every car should be open to fans, not just to the producer of the TV broadcast.

#42 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 2,373 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:56

If you listen on the team radio after the Austin race Horner is all "It wasn't your fault Seb" and Seb is all "I am not to blame". It's like - why are they so obsessed with the kid not taking responsibility for anything at all (see also the recent farce behind the safety car in Abu Dhabi where he had a tanty at Daniel Ricciardo)? It's pathological. I now totally understand how Turkey 2010 happened.

That's why I don't like vettel or horner, always trying to blame others for their shortcomings. The backmarker is part of the game, I didn't hear vettel complaining when lewis got held up before. It works both ways.
Also that double move on hamilton was a bit naughty and could result in a crash if hamilton didn't avoid him.
If he thinks it was easy for hamilton do it, then I guess Abu Dhabi was easier for him to do it and nothing special like people are trying to make it...
Vettel has to grow up and accept he was beaten fair square.

#43 OO7

OO7

• 23,378 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:08

What is silly is that he didn't really have a moan about back markers which would have been perfectly understandable (despite the briefing), he instead started to moan about DRS basically.

#44 OO7

OO7

• 23,378 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:12

Rubbish. If DRS was such a farce in Austin why did Hamilton only get past on the 10th or so DRS attempt? It took a back marker holding up Vettel by about 0.5s to let Lewis get close enough to finally make proper use of the DRS. And if the DRS was such an advantage Vettel should have had no problem making use of it himself and re-passing Hamilton. Did anyone hear Vettel complaining the DRS was too good when he was trying to pass Hamilton? Thought not.

:up:

#45 maverick69

maverick69

• 5,975 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:15

It made the pass all the sweeter for me. He was totally pwned - and he knew it. "That's what I'm talking about" :rotfl: I hope he keeps it up. Love a bit of that on a Sunday afternoon :up:

#46 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:17

He owned his mistake with Ricciardo later, but as it doesn't fit your agenda, you probably ignored that part. :rolleyes:

#47 Reinmuster

Reinmuster

• 967 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:25

I thought Hamilton could get past after he was told to save his KERS in early part of the lap, only to deploy it together with DRS when both car in DRS zone.

#48 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,293 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:55

He behaved very gracefully after the race, so what is the big deal?

:up:

#49 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:57

Like that kid in Super 8.

#50 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 14:02

I thought Hamilton could get past after he was told to save his KERS in early part of the lap, only to deploy it together with DRS when both car in DRS zone.

He did several times but, although closer, still came short on the straight.