Posted 23 November 2012 - 20:35

Old: http://forums.autosp...howtopic=173746

Continue where we left off. :)

Advertisement

#2 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,418 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 20:38

:up: he could miss out on 3rd because of the car, who knows, for me he's done enough to merit 3rd and i hope he keeps that spot, Lacklustre isn't a word i'd apply to any of Kimi's performances this year.

and he could get third because of the car :drunk:

#3 Wander

Wander

• 2,367 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 20:41

He will do well if he places in the top 5 this weekend. I'm a bit worried right now about his chances, but let's see how the car works in the wet.

#4 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 20:50

Thought this might be interesting. López on the Räikkönen's salary rumours and what's behind it:

Kimi Räikkönen hat sein Geld bekommen. "Das ist ausgeräumt. Wir haben bei ihm nicht damit gerechnet, dass er so viele Punkte macht. Deshalb wurde er ziemlich teuer für uns. Wir haben uns aber auf ein neues Bezahlsystem geeinigt. Am Ende zahlen sich unsere guten Resultate aus, weil wir mehr TV-Geld bekommen. Kimi hat sein Geld. Am besten fragen Sie ihn selbst."

http://www.auto-moto...en-6180428.html

Translation (well, more or less, as usual):
Kimi Raikkonen has got his money. "That has been solved. We didn't expect, he would do so many points. So he became quite expensive for us. However, we have agreed to a new payment system. At the end, our good results pay off, because we get TV money. Kimi has his money. Best ask him yourself "

#5 beefree88

beefree88

• 116 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:05

Thought this might be interesting. López on the Räikkönen's salary rumours and what's behind it:

Kimi Raikkonen has got his money. "That has been solved. We didn't expect, he would do so many points. So he became quite expensive for us. However, we have agreed to a new payment system. At the end, our good results pay off, because we get TV money. Kimi has his money. Best ask him yourself "

Wow! Thanks. So it's true

#6 RaikkonenZn

RaikkonenZn

• 152 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:28

Tell me you guys saw this:

Haha - This is legendary! Nobody else but Kimi can bring such things to F1 :)

Edited by RaikkonenZn, 23 November 2012 - 21:28.

#7 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:28

KR + RK would have been the dream team scenario .... we can only dream :love:

#8 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:37

hey guys and gals ... i found this, this is full radio conversation during Abu dhabi GP

Kimi Raikkonen full radio conversation Abu Dhabi GP 2012

kimi said a lot of things after the race victory, which is surprising, i never knew he'd string together so many words of encouragement, like Seb.

but towards the end, at 2:30 , was someone saying something about 'Getting more salary" ????

Edited by eronrules, 23 November 2012 - 21:37.

#9 rijole1

rijole1

• 633 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:40

Really interesting, couldn't quite believe in this story before
So Kimi took Lotus with surprise :D :D

#10 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,711 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:47

(...) was someone saying something about 'Getting more salary" ????

Yes, one of those behind the fence, standing there to greet him on the podium. Perhaps the conversation is about a bonus from the win.

#11 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 21:49

The issue probably was made more serious with his win hence the return of the story. No doubt a win would carry some sort of extra bonus payment as well.

edit : race addicted beat me to it!

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 23 November 2012 - 21:56.

#12 rijole1

rijole1

• 633 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 22:35

Hope Kimi got a massive winbonus :)
He really is worth it.
It would really be interesting to see, to know, how a Formula 1 drivers contract is structured.
There are so many rumours, but I suppose most of it is pure speculation.
What is the truth!? Someone who has seen a contract?? :drunk:

#13 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 16,465 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 23:36

Not only Lotus
http://forums.autosp...howtopic=177756

;)

#14 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 00:12

he might be best paid driver this season.
If we assume that Lotus were expecting him to score around lets say 130 pts, I bet they were willing to pay for 130 around 10-12mln euro. Then with 206 pts + Win they could pay him around 18mln~which is quite a feat (especially after 2 year break)

#15 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:00

he might be best paid driver this season.
If we assume that Lotus were expecting him to score around lets say 130 pts, I bet they were willing to pay for 130 around 10-12mln euro. Then with 206 pts + Win they could pay him around 18mln~which is quite a feat (especially after 2 year break)

his managers have done it again! Sneaky b@$tard$!!!! :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

#16 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:08

his managers have done it again! Sneaky b@$tard$!!!! :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

need to agree with that. his managment is tbh brilliant.

I still believe he had smt like "solid" contract + bonuses. I believe 6mln up to 8mln for a year, then every point as addition (I believe that 100 could be worth like 2-4mln) + eventual championship win or race win

#17 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:09

New Translations

Lopez has taken care of Räikkönen’s dues

Translated by Nicole
F1 | Turun Sanomat 23.11.2012 23:51
The speculations about Lotus-team’s problems to pay Kimi Räikkönen his due salary has stirred up a big sensation on the F1-paddock. Gerard Lopez assured to Turun Sanomat that Kimi has got his money.... to continue, please click on the link http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1096

A payment arrangement over Kimi’s unpaid salaries

Translated by Nicole

We didn’t expect Kimi to score so many points. That’s why Kimi became quite expensive to us.... to continue, please click on the link http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=1102

#18 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:09

and he could get third because of the car :drunk:

Whereas some always outperform the car, even though recently when the teammate wakes up he reels him in from 11th, has to be told to maintain the gap, etc? :drunk:

he could miss out on 3rd because of the car, who knows, for me he's done enough to merit 3rd and i hope he keeps that spot, Lacklustre isn't a word i'd apply to any of Kimi's performances this year.

You cannot apply it separately to Kimi's performance. What I said applied to the Kimi/Lotus combo.

Any position in the WDC is won or lost over a whole season not just because of one lackluster race. You get a whole season. Mclaren is in any case much, much faster then Lotus. If Lewis doesn't get the 3rd place then it is because his broke down to much, if Kimi loses his 3rd then it will be because the car in general wasn't competitive enough. One race does not make a whole season.

Yes, it cannot depend on one race, and I did not say it should be based on one race. The whole season includes the last race also, it is not the first 19 races. It is what it is after 20 races. Faster car means nothing, it has to be better car, better team. There is absolutely no way to tell who out of Kimi and Hamilton has driven better this season. Kimi/Lotus combo has been better than Hamilton/McLaren combo until this point of the season. If Kimi/Lotus combo lay a big egg in the last race, they absolutely don't deserve the third place. That said, Kimi/Lotus rarely perform that bad, and I don't think it will happen this year. Even if Hamilton wins this race, I think Kimi/Lotus would be in top 5. If they could get only 6th place and the other combo does so spectacularly well winning the race, you have to accept the fate.

Car is also the reason why Kimi is 3rd inWDC. Otherwise, we are bordering on Alonso territory where he is singlehandedly performing magic every week and the car is actually worse than Sauber and Williams, even though the WCC itself shows it as 2nd best.

#19 rijole1

rijole1

• 633 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:40

Not only Lotus
http://forums.autosp...howtopic=177756

;)

:D :D "Do not ever underestimate Kimi Räikkönen" - something to ad in 'The commandments of Motorsports'  ;)

(Impressive statistics and mathematics, I got headache after first post... :lol: )

Advertisement

#20 iMad4

iMad4

• 30 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:19

Yesterday Kimi arrived to paddock from LA in bermudas and walked straight to boxes. Left 20 minutes before he realised it was Mercedes boxes. :drunk:

He had a great party in LA and was hidding from his boses? :)

http://www.giroveloc...konen-3493.html

Edited by iMad4, 24 November 2012 - 09:36.

#21 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:40

Yesterday Kimi arrived to paddock from LA in bermudas and walked straight to boxes. Left 20 minutes before he realised it was Mercedes boxes. :drunk:

No, his bosses knew excatly where Kimi was, also media was informed why Kimi was late.

#22 Raifosa

Raifosa

• 495 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:43

:rotfl:
if true

#23 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:43

No, his bosses knew excatly where Kimi was, also media was informed why Kimi was late.

Lotus people are rather chilled out. Even Kimi mentioned that as long as he comes to race weekend, team doesnt care how and what he is doing in his free time. And I'm almost sure that he contacted with team that he has important business meeting in LA :rotfl:

#24 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:55

:rotfl:
if true

Clear event on thursday evening!  ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,711 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:58

He looks hung over.

#26 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:04

He looks hung over.

look at the right hand in the second picture - he was showing a subtle sign to the photog :lol: :lol: :lol:

#27 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,711 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:08

He-he!

#28 Raifosa

Raifosa

• 495 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:18

Clear event on thursday evening! ;)

http://files.homepag...130p10622n2.jpg
http://files.homepag...130p10612n2.jpg

The site says Friday morning. It could be true.
Perhaps due to late partying after the Clear event? Jet-lag?

Google translation

On Friday morning inside the box Mercedes was bypassing an unknown character with unusual clothing: shorts and flip-flops, as just come from the beach. Nothing serious, due to the eccentricity of some celebrities, even though the surprise was to discover that it was Kimi Raikkonen ...
In shorts and flip-flops in the box wrong? If your name is Kimi Raikkonen ..
Who knows how it will spend the whole night Kimi Raikkonen?

Leave early for Kimi Raikkonen? So it would seem, given the clothing with which it is presented in the paddock on Friday morning. The Finn made ​​me laugh more than a few insider and many have wondered where and especially how Iceman has spent the night, saw the look of dazed Lotus driver.

Another factor, which of course increases the curiosity about the night of Finland, is undoubtedly the fact that Kimi would go, always in shorts and flip-flops in the wrong box, or that of the Mercedes and the Lotus, but then notice of 'error after a few minutes and immediately leave the German team.

If nothing else, the episode of Kimi revealed a rider comfortable and relaxed, which has nothing more to ask of this season. Particular should be made ​​instead to the duo Fernando Alonso - Sebastian Vettel.

imad4 don't know where you got the "arrived to paddock from LA in bermudas and walked straight to boxes" part or the 20 minutes. Are you making things up?

#29 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,711 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:26

What do they mean with the wrong "box"? In the pits I would guess, but from the article I get the impression they're talking about the airport.

#30 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 3,268 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:33

Here's to Kimi finishing every lap this weekend, a fantastic achievement on his comeback.

I really want a WDC car for him next season.....please Lotus deliver!

#31 Wander

Wander

• 2,367 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:03

Indeed, I'm happy as long as he finishes (in the points) this weekend, breaking a couple of records.

#32 swerved

swerved

• 3,895 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:11

Here's to Kimi finishing every lap this weekend, a fantastic achievement on his comeback.

I really want a WDC car for him next season.....please Lotus deliver!

:up: Amazing to think it would be the first time in his ten year career that he's finished every race in a season, be nice to get a decent points finish as well, scoring in 19 races out of 20 is another pretty good result.

#33 Wander

Wander

• 2,367 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:22

Actually it would be the first time anyone has finished 20 races in a season. Or 19 races in a season in the points (if he manages that).

#34 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:23

:up: Amazing to think it would be the first time in his ten year career that he's finished every race in a season, be nice to get a decent points finish as well, scoring in 19 races out of 20 is another pretty good result.

don't jinx it mates ... let tomorrows race finish in points and 3rd in the WDC, then we'll gloat about it :smoking:

#35 swerved

swerved

• 3,895 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:29

Actually it would be the first time anyone has finished 20 races in a season. Or 19 races in a season in the points (if he manages that).

:up: It's been a great season hasn't it, a shame it has to end tomorrow but we have the next one to look forward to so its not all doom and gloom :lol:

The end of season reviews should be interesting, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kimi getting a few mentions as one of the stand out drivers, Brundle said he's been mightily impressed with his comeback and he's certainly exceeded Lopez's expectations.

#36 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:24

Hope Kimi gets his setup sorted out in FP3.

#37 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,407 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:52

Hope Kimi gets his setup sorted out in FP3.

Kimi seemed much more lost then usual, the engine problems certainly didn't help. I hope Kimi has a better setup today. On the other hand it does seem like the rain is drawing closer.

#38 swerved

swerved

• 3,895 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:57

Kimi seemed much more lost then usual, the engine problems certainly didn't help. I hope Kimi has a better setup today. On the other hand it does seem like the rain is drawing closer.

I think he's going to be okay, last race of the season, no pressure for anything, we might get a real fighty race :)

#39 swerved

swerved

• 3,895 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 13:13

Kimi's engine gone ?.

Advertisement

#40 fatd

fatd

• 800 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 13:14

Kimi's engine gone ?.

Looks like so :(

#41 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 13:14

****!

#42 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 13:15

that limitation to few engines per season is ********.

so grid penatly is coming. probably engine blew up

Edited by Shiroo, 24 November 2012 - 13:16.

#43 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 13:16

Better it happens now than in the race leading to a DNF. I wanna see him finish all laps this season.

#44 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,414 posts

****!

Better now than in Quali or the race

#45 Zava

Zava

• 7,115 posts

there goes the 3rd in WDC :(

#46 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 13:17

So he will get a penalty? Even harder now to stay third in the championship

#47 swerved

swerved

• 3,895 posts

They can fit a new engine, but it gives a 10 place drop, and thats if they can get it back to the pits, ffs, what a time for it to happen.

#48 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Hopefully Hamilton wont swin tomorrow

#49 OSX

OSX

• 4,877 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 13:19

Like a flashback to the days of exploding Mercedes engines at McLaren...

#50 Amin

Amin

• 700 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 13:20

So we're probably looking at a net qualy position of 15th-20th.