Kimi Raikkonen - Part IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
956 replies to this topic

#801 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,231 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 14:41

Posted Image

"Lotus F1 Team's Christmas party last night. Kimi couldn't be there obviously but he did send us an hilarious message" - lotusf1

2007 ... kimi and mrs.kimi :love:

Posted Image

yesterday :p

Posted Image

btw, is it me or kimi's beer belly is just hanging out a bit :p

and

Posted Image

the best helmet livery of 2012 hands down :love:

all images courtesy of http://kimiraikkonenspace.com/

Edited by eronrules, 09 December 2012 - 14:54.

Advertisement

#802 fullthrottle

fullthrottle

• 488 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 15:04

Kimi gave an interview in the beginning of this year to Seitsemän Päivää (a Finnish tabloid or whatever you call the trash magazines) about his everyday life, the return and his hopes for the future. He told that they are happy with Jenni and Kimi tries to spend all his spare time with her. He also revealed he would very much want to have a proper family and children soon. He loves children. Kimi doesn't decorate his apartments. That's all I remember.

Are you talking about this article maybe?

http://www.seiska.fi...konen oikeasti/

Edit: sorry, the actual interview was published in the paper/magazine I think.

Edited by fullthrottle, 09 December 2012 - 15:17.

#803 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 22:56

Are you talking about this article maybe?

http://www.seiska.fi...konen oikeasti/

Edit: sorry, the actual interview was published in the paper/magazine I think.

Kimi only submitted to those series of interviews so that the tabloids could quit publishing the story of Jenni and the exposed photographs. The fact is she hasn't been to any of Kimi's races these past 3 years. They dont visit Finland simultaneously. Recently Jenni has refused to answer any questions about Kimi. Whenever Kimi has time off he usually spend his time with his motorcross team or on his yacht somewhere. Clearly they just dont spend time together. Those are the facts, but it is anyone's guess what to make of it.

#804 Masahiro

Masahiro

• 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 23:11

Does anyone know where I can find the t-shirt that Kimi wears in this video (0:21) ?

It's an Einstein t-shirt but I don't find it.

Thanks for your help.

#805 rubbersoul

rubbersoul

• 31 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 23:17

Kimi only submitted to those series of interviews so that the tabloids could quit publishing the story of Jenni and the exposed photographs. The fact is she hasn't been to any of Kimi's races these past 3 years. They dont visit Finland simultaneously. Recently Jenni has refused to answer any questions about Kimi. Whenever Kimi has time off he usually spend his time with his motorcross team or on his yacht somewhere. Clearly they just dont spend time together. Those are the facts, but it is anyone's guess what to make of it.

...and you must be a fly in the Kimi`s bedroom  roof. :drunk:

#806 tommi34

tommi34

• 376 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 23:33

Does anyone know where I can find the t-shirt that Kimi wears in this video (0:21) ?

It's an Einstein t-shirt but I don't find it.

Thanks for your help.

Never bought anything from this website/store, but it's Makia shirt anyway: http://latidodeamor....us-T-Shirt.html

#807 Menace

Menace

• 12,390 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:28

:drunk:

Apparently his wife has been in the paddock this season.

"Mrs Raikkonen a former model and Miss Scandanavia (a region not short of attractive females) has been seen around the paddock on a few occasions this season, distracting viewers, and some drivers we would imagine, from the race day action."

http://www.formula1f.....la 1 FanCast)

#808 tarmac

tarmac

• 1,155 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:35

Did Lotus ban him from driving snowmobiles? Looks like he skipped

#809 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:55

:drunk:

That is one obscure article on a non prominent website in a general article discussing F1 driver's partners, without any sources or pictures or anything. It is not a statement of fact, it is comment of assumption.

People where asking questions, I just pointed out the obvious. Anyone can interpreted the information anyway they like. :cat:

#810 Adelaide

Adelaide

• 224 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:59

On a more positive note, I've spent some time in the past few days re-reading some articles from Kimi's Ferrari years. I'd forgotton how much he divided opinion back in those days. His comeback this year has been worth it if only to silence some of his critics. Almost everything I've read about him this year has been positive. Hardly a mention of laziness, icecream eating or lack of motivation. Obviously the Lotus environment suits him well. Fingers crossed for an even better 2013 and beyond.

#811 fullthrottle

fullthrottle

• 488 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:08

Did Lotus ban him from driving snowmobiles? Looks like he skipped

He cancelled it last week http://www.snow-mobi...konen-fallt-aus

#812 Masahiro

Masahiro

• 27 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:08

Never bought anything from this website/store, but it's Makia shirt anyway: http://latidodeamor....us-T-Shirt.html

Thanks you. Perfect.

#813 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,231 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:42

James allen on f1 podcast talks about kimi at 29:00 min ...

http://www.jamesalle...pion-interview/

#814 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,097 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:05

James allen on f1 podcast talks about kimi at 29:00 min ...

http://www.jamesalle...pion-interview/

Kimi talks start already around 27.35.

#815 LaoTze

LaoTze

• 133 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:49

:up:

#816 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,066 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 15:14

In that JA podcast some guy implies that Kimi would be a coulple of tenths slower than Gro for reasons he can't say [ie being drunk, or hungover]. This is kind of bold isn't it?

#817 Headspin

Headspin

• 278 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 15:19

In that JA podcast some guy implies that Kimi would be a coulple of tenths slower than Gro for reasons he can't say [ie being drunk, or hungover]. This is kind of bold isn't it?

I thougt it was an attempt of a joke?

#818 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,066 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 15:38

It looked like a bit beyond that. But lets hope so.

#819 kartinhero

kartinhero

• 321 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 16:20

Apparently his wife has been in the paddock this season.

"Mrs Raikkonen a former model and Miss Scandanavia (a region not short of attractive females) has been seen around the paddock on a few occasions this season, distracting viewers, and some drivers we would imagine, from the race day action."

http://www.formula1f.....la 1 FanCast)

That is a big FALSE information. Last time JD was at paddock it was around 2005-2006.

These facts are all accurate. They're still officially married but I don't think they see each other much (or at all). Jenni has also dropped the "Raikkonen" from her last name totally and is now known just "Jenni Dahlman" in the events she particiapates. She has appeared without a ring in public (though I don't think Kimi wears one either).

EDIT: I don't say they're divorced, but they sure make it look like that.

Edited by kartinhero, 10 December 2012 - 16:24.

Advertisement

#820 fullthrottle

fullthrottle

• 488 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 16:41

That is a big FALSE information. Last time JD was at paddock it was around 2005-2006.

These facts are all accurate. They're still officially married but I don't think they see each other much (or at all). Jenni has also dropped the "Raikkonen" from her last name totally and is now known just "Jenni Dahlman" in the events she particiapates. She has appeared without a ring in public (though I don't think Kimi wears one either).

May I ask who are you? Are you their spokesperson?

#821 swerved

swerved

• 3,689 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 16:54

Since you quoted me i'll reply, personally i'm not interested whether they're still married, still cohabitating, or swinging from lampost in Switzerland, a quick google threw up what i posted, as to whether its FALSE or not i dont know :)

I've followed Kimi for years, and the fact that i know so little about his wife indicates that they keep their relationship pretty much private, this isn't Lewis/Nicole played out for all to read about :)

I dont speak Finnish, but in the horse trials in this video she's introduced by the TV presenter and the Ringmaster as Dahlman-Raikkonen and i believe its from this year, other than that, I dont know, and like Kimi, dont really care :)

ETA: Link.

Edited by swerved, 10 December 2012 - 16:55.

#822 darkkis

darkkis

• 848 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 16:54

Yeah maybe they're divorced

..or maybe they're just "trolling" the media? :rotfl:

#823 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,231 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:46

does it matter???? It's the ICEMAN for Fraks-sake, who cares??? he likes to be james hunt, and media acknowledges it. whenever we see a picture of him drunk with a lapdancer, we just assume it's normal. i also think the Media acknowledges this too, it's just normal for Fins i guess. he doesn't care, we don't care about his marital life. He isn't alonso or hamilton, so media spotlight won't be on him. however if he becomes a family man and brings his WAG everywhere (cough cough JB/LH), now that would be a news :smoking:

#824 kartinhero

kartinhero

• 321 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:33

does it matter????

No, it doesn't matter.

#825 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 22:15

Kimi appeared at a floorball team party

Posted Image

He obviously loves the shirt with the kidnapping scene. :0

#826 rijole1

rijole1

• 633 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 22:56

Since you quoted me i'll reply, personally i'm not interested whether they're still married, still cohabitating, or swinging from lampost in Switzerland, a quick google threw up what i posted, as to whether its FALSE or not i dont know :)

I've followed Kimi for years, and the fact that i know so little about his wife indicates that they keep their relationship pretty much private, this isn't Lewis/Nicole played out for all to read about :)

I dont speak Finnish, but in the horse trials in this video she's introduced by the TV presenter and the Ringmaster as Dahlman-Raikkonen and i believe its from this year, other than that, I dont know, and like Kimi, dont really care :)

ETA: Link.

About Jenni and horses. I happen to know 'horse-people' and they say that Jenni means serious bussiness with this sport.
She has a famous, expensive coach in Switzerland and an expensive promising horse. And Kimi actually sometimes follows her to the competitions.
This is true - my friend is in the sport too and has seen Kimi there. Do not know how long ago this was, but..
I think it's just a healthy thing of Jenni trying to have a life of her own.
There can't be much glamour in following to your husband's work year after year. Actually, how many women do that in normal life??

Maybe they just want to live out they dreams while they can - they are lucky to have the opportunity and the money.
Maybe they are a bit of afraid of getting older - have 'when, shall we or should we have any kids' toughts... They are in their 30's...
It's normal. Every marriage has it's downperiods, you're not so close and maybe the vise thing is to give each other some space.
I do not think that they are going to get a divorce, at least I hope not

But It's not my business and really I do not know anything about their private life.
I wish them all well. In one way or other.

#827 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 00:19

Here's another POV: Kimi's basic salary in 2012 was only 5 million euros and the contract was heavily based upon bonuses (points he scored in races). They were not expecting Kimi to score and probably thought they made a great and cheap deal with him. So in a business sense it would have served them better if RG would have been faster than Kimi.

If it was a joke about him being drunk, then it's really low and unprofessional.

TS wrote today that Grosjean's seat is not certain at all since FIA had to drop him from their Road Safety program, he was going to be the 'role model' or something like that.

As for the speculations over Jenni and Kimi... I talked yesterday with a person who worked in Helsinki International Show and she said that Jenni's horse is absolutely top class as is her trainer too. Kimi takes good care of her since he is paying for it all ;)

As for him being to her competitions it sounds a bit weird when remembering Jenni telling how she even has to change all her clothes before walking in their home, because Kimi is so allergic to horses :confused:

She took part in Helsinki international horse show this year and created a bit of a buzz when she first had signed to the race as Jenni Dahlman, leaving out the name Räikkönen and how she didn't wear a wedding ring.

I don't know what the deal between them is, but she replied to the question about her future plans in her riding career that "I don't make any plans because circumstances might change quickly".

Edited by Wolfie, 11 December 2012 - 00:20.

#828 mey3059

mey3059

• 322 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:57

Here's another POV: Kimi's basic salary in 2012 was only 5 million euros and the contract was heavily based upon bonuses (points he scored in races). They were not expecting Kimi to score and probably thought they made a great and cheap deal with him. So in a business sense it would have served them better if RG would have been faster than Kimi.

If it was a joke about him being drunk, then it's really low and unprofessional.

TS wrote today that Grosjean's seat is not certain at all since FIA had to drop him from their Road Safety program, he was going to be the 'role model' or something like that.

Like Lopez said, more points also means more money. Where does it hurt lotus?They are giving a fraction of their extra TV earnings to Kimi , the money they weren't even expecting to earn this year. They might have had problems paying Kimi because that money was not in this years budget, it was a positive surprise. I am sure the business heads at lotus knows that big returns(championship points/positions) mostly requires a big investment (Kimi),they wouldn't alienate Kimi as long as he is bringing them the profits. Kimi's managers are the best in the business,they always get the best out there for Kimi ( they got him this seat instead of a Williams seat didn't they). Kimi or his managers are no fools ( to do a deal not worthy of his stature/talent)

Asfor the speculations over Jenni and Kimi... I talked yesterday with a person who worked in Helsinki International Show and she said that Jenni's horse is absolutely top class as is her trainer too. Kimi takes good care of her since he is paying for it all ;)

As for him being to her competitions it sounds a bit weird when remembering Jenni telling how she even has to change all her clothes before walking in their home, because Kimi is so allergic to horses :confused:

She took part in Helsinki international horse show this year and created a bit of a buzz when she first had signed to the race as Jenni Dahlman, leaving out the name Räikkönen and how she didn't wear a wedding ring.

I don't know what the deal between them is, but she replied to the question about her future plans in her riding career that "I don't make any plans because circumstances might change quickly".

That IS Kimi Speak...

Kimi sure has got his wife on his level of thinking :)

#829 tarmac

tarmac

• 1,155 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:07

Sam Michael joked it

#830 motorhead

motorhead

• 934 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:47

There can't be much glamour in following to your husband's work year after year. Actually, how many women do that in normal life??

If you are a welder, would you like to have your wife hanging around when welding. That is a quote from Lemmy(Motörhead  ;) ) who said it when he was asked about band members bringing their wifes along to a tour...

Edited by motorhead, 11 December 2012 - 07:48.

#831 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:06

If you are a welder, would you like to have your wife hanging around when welding. That is a quote from Lemmy(Motörhead ;) ) who said it when he was asked about band members bringing their wifes along to a tour...

I know how it sounds but it was a bit disappointing that Jenni never took part in any rally during Kimi's rallying career. She didn't support Kimi when he would have needed it most. IMO.

#832 indian

indian

• 1,178 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:22

I know how it sounds but it was a bit disappointing that Jenni never took part in any rally during Kimi's rallying career. She didn't support Kimi when he would have needed it most. IMO.

How can we know if she supported him or not? Being at a rally is not the only way of showing support. For all we know, maybe Kimi prefers being left alone during race weekends.

#833 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,231 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:33

to distract everyone ... here's some kimi shots from 2012 valencia gp

source

Kimi who wore a sunhat with a pair of glasses, and checked beach shorts, looked to be in good spirits as he took in the views of the gorgeous sea and joked about with his chums.
And it appears that the sportsman's wife, model and former Miss Scandinavia, Jenni Dahlman sat this short break out as she wasn't pictured on the boat

"A friend indeed: Formula One racer Kimi Raikkonen was spotted on a luxury yacht in Ibiza with some mates"

Posted ImagePosted Image

"Boys will be boys: Kimi was seen laughing and joking around with his friends as they enjoyed the weather"

Posted Image

A vacation away from the wife: The Finland born racer's other half Jenni Dahlman wasn't pictured on the yacht

Posted Image

Posted Image

Testing the waters: Kimi's female companions were seen getting into the ocean to cool off

Posted ImagePosted Image

enjoy ... :p

#834 nomi

nomi

• 288 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:39

How come i never see his wife Jenni at any F1 races at all this year?

#835 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 14:20

How can we know if she supported him or not? Being at a rally is not the only way of showing support. For all we know, maybe Kimi prefers being left alone during race weekends.

Like I said - in my opinion :wave:

Maybe we got spoiled by witnessing Erja Häkkinen standing in McLaren's garage almost every race, she wasn't interested in the VIP-lounge, she was there with the team even when she was 7-8 months pregnant.

One would assume that after happenings in 2009 Kimi might have wanted some public support from his wife, someone standing beside him when the media was at it's worst.

Steve Robertson hated the rallies, yet according to Mr. Kulta he took part in some rallies and wandered with Kulta in the woods from stage to stage. He never liked or knew the sport from before, Tomi Tuominen from MTV3 told that when he chatted with Robertson on the airport after Kimi's first rally, Steve was absolutely shocked since when he asked where the VIP-area is and he was transported to Citroen's tent it was far from the luxury he was used to in F1. But he came to rallies although he didn't like them.

Then again a marriage between two people is a personal affair, hence it's only my own opinion. Sorry if I sound judgemental :blush:

#836 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 14:26

How come i never see his wife Jenni at any F1 races at all this year?

nomi, I don't remember when the last time she was at a Grand Prix was :confused:

She told in 2007 that she only takes part in Monaco, Barcelona and Monza and she added that the reason for that is the boutiques. She found the races boring and Kimi understood her, hence she stayed away. But I still remember how she didn't go to Interlagos in 2007, nobody expected Kimi to win the WDC so it's understandable. But she threw a flashy party for him when he came to Finland.

Imagine having the possibility to go to every GP as Kimi's VIP-guest - I would be very pleased to go in her place :lol:

#837 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 6,097 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 14:53

Kimi's and Jenni's marriage is not our damn bussiness. They are still married and they say they are happy, that's all we need to know. What they do or don't do in their private life is not ours to discuss about.

#838 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 15:05

It's off-season and too easy to talk about all irrelevant things, lol.

But you are right, it's not our business at all. However it would be nice to hear more about Jenni from herself. There aren't any news even in Finland. Sigh.

#839 fullthrottle

fullthrottle

• 488 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 15:19

Kimi's and Jenni's marriage is not our damn bussiness. They are still married and they say they are happy, that's all we need to know. What they do or don't do in their private life is not ours to discuss about.

;) As Kimi said "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE"

Advertisement

#840 showtime

showtime

• 2,590 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 17:32

http://www.leavemealone.fi/en/

#841 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,231 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 18:51

btw, had anyone noticed one of kimi's perhaps greatest quotes ever ....

Kimi Raikkonen, who said that he “unfortunately” had to attend due to finishing the season in third place, also caused a stir when he showed up at the black-tie function – wearing a suit but no tie.

“I don’t follow the rules,” Lotus quoted the inimitable Finn on Twitter, “I just make them.

Lotus F1 Team ‏@Lotus_F1Team
"I don't follow the rules, I just make them"... Spot #Kimi on the #FIAgala picture! #F1 pic.twitter.com/9AMj0zvF
View photo

:love:

Edited by eronrules, 11 December 2012 - 19:17.

#842 Miggeex

Miggeex

• 524 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 19:16

Wasn't that "quote" just invented by the tweet guy to make the situation more funny? :p

Edited by Miggeex, 11 December 2012 - 19:18.

#843 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,231 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 19:18

Wasn't that "quote" just invented by the tweet guy to make it funny? :p

it says 'lotus quoted kimi' ... but who cares, it's the best thing to come out of otherwise boring rich boring men in their penguin suits handing out prizes. :smoking:

#844 Diderlo

Diderlo

• 170 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:09

Great, thanks!

Wasn't that "quote" just invented by the tweet guy to make the situation more funny? :p

I think so aswell. How some other source would even know by who it was said or "said" because tweet doesn't tell us anything. Also I can't imagine Kimi saying that, a bit too arrogant or something for Kimi, I think.

#845 rijole1

rijole1

• 633 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:14

If you are a welder, would you like to have your wife hanging around when welding. That is a quote from Lemmy(Motörhead ;) ) who said it when he was asked about band members bringing their wifes along to a tour...

:D :up:

#846 rijole1

rijole1

• 633 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:28

Santa Claus told me, if I'm nice until Christmas I'm going to get a Leave me alone-hoodie for Christmas present.
(Actually, he delivered it already last week :) )

#847 swerved

swerved

• 3,689 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:49

Santa Claus told me, if I'm nice until Christmas I'm going to get a Leave me alone-hoodie for Christmas present.
(Actually, he delivered it already last week :) )

They're nice but the 15 Euro postage seems excessive, plus, I looked at that link a couple of weeks ago but at that time they weren't shipping to Europe, So i ordered a T Shirt off Ebay, today, about 45 minutes before showtime posted that link showing that they will post to Europe, sods law, but i still may get one.

#848 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:53

FFS :well:

#849 kartinhero

kartinhero

• 321 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 22:12

Yes

#850 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 22:17

He/she failed. :well: