* * * * - 18 votes

Kimi Raikkonen - Part IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
956 replies to this topic

#851 rijole1

rijole1

• 631 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 22:52

They're nice but the 15 Euro postage seems excessive, plus, I looked at that link a couple of weeks ago but at that time they weren't shipping to Europe, So i ordered a T Shirt off Ebay, today, about 45 minutes before showtime posted that link showing that they will post to Europe, sods law, but i still may get one.

Yes the 15 euro postage to EU is way too high -
Lucky me live in Sweden and bought it from their Swedish website with much lower delivery costs.

Advertisement

#852 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:43

http://www.motorspor...arnleys-top-10/

MotorSport- Paul Fearnley’s Top 10

4 Kimi Räikkönen
I was a naysayer – well, my middle name is Thomas – a disbeliever. This comeback was surely doomed. Lotus would not come up to snuff and the taciturn Finn, hardly the most patient of men, would leave in a huff sometime before mid-season. Instead he was unwaveringly terrific, as buoyant as his downbeat demeanour allows, in a car that almost broke through to make it a Top Four. Both man and machine fell short – Kimi displayed some ring-rust and hesitancy when wheel-to-wheel – but only by whiskers. Free to do his own thing, Räikkönen stripped the process to its bare essentials to remind us that being a modern racing driver has become much too frilly. He can go a monosyllable too far the other way for my tastes, but hats – and silly baseball caps – off to him for the most stylised and focused return since Niki Lauda’s of 30 years ago.

Most like: oh, go on then, James Hunt

Posted Image

#853 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:31

Maybe it's just British press, but for me, it's so strange that anytime they mention Kimi there always has to be some negative mention (eg "too monosyllabic for me"), of that he talks or act too differently from them, as if it was something to criticize. Talking about the way he has dressed at Ferrari 2008 and forward is particularly strange. Is it not obvious that the large Ferrari hat was something they wanted him to wear? Are they blind that Alonso wears the exact same uniform as Kimi did, longer hair and all?

#854 Robertsf

Robertsf

• 44 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:30

Don,t miss these excelent xmas presents: Official Kimi Räikkönen Limited Edition merchandise Abu Dhabi 2012 with Lotus F1 team. Now available in EU-countries!

Kimi Räikkönen Yes Yes Yes Limited Edition Hoodie
Kimi Räikkönen Leave Me Alone Limited Edition T-shirt

Go KIMI WDC 2013 F1

#855 Miggeex

Miggeex

• 446 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:35

Maybe it's just British press, but for me, it's so strange that anytime they mention Kimi there always has to be some negative mention (eg "too monosyllabic for me"), of that he talks or act too differently from them, as if it was something to criticize. Talking about the way he has dressed at Ferrari 2008 and forward is particularly strange. Is it not obvious that the large Ferrari hat was something they wanted him to wear? Are they blind that Alonso wears the exact same uniform as Kimi did, longer hair and all?

That's caught my attention in 2010 also. Maybe Ferrari tells what one of their drivers must look like :rotfl:

Edited by Miggeex, 12 December 2012 - 10:36.

#856 tommi34

tommi34

• 367 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:22

Kimi Räikkönen Leave Me Alone Limited Edition T-shirt

Isn't that leave me alone quote wrong btw? I thought he said leave me alone, I know what to do. Not "what I'm doing" ...

#857 KimiSolberg

KimiSolberg

• 69 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:29

Isn't that leave me alone quote wrong btw? I thought he said leave me alone, I know what to do. Not "what I'm doing" ...

Check it out here. My soundcard is bombed so I can't hear for myself.

#858 Miggeex

Miggeex

• 446 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:21

Yeah he said "I know what to do" but it somehow evolved to "I know what i'm doing". :rotfl:

Everyone remembers it as "I know what i'm doing" so it's better for sales to keep it that way.

Edited by Miggeex, 12 December 2012 - 12:21.

#859 TurboF1

TurboF1

• 653 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 13:21

Im so happy Kimi is back, and in a team I can support! As a long time McLaren fan I had very mixed emotions watching Kimi win a WDC at McLarens/Lewis' expense, especially in a Ferrari. But now, seeing as Lewis isn't a McLaren and their current driver line up is incredibly boring and does NOTHING for me, I can root for Kimi even more without feeling "guilty" lol! Also, I just realized that the only reason Kimi didnt score in every race this season is because he ran out of tyres in China a few laps from the finish.

Thanks for a superb year Kimi! All the best for next year!

:clap:

Advertisement

#860 DrF

DrF

• 1,389 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 15:48

Deprecation is the highest form of praise in English culture.

#861 Gag Bueno

Gag Bueno

• 358 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 16:34

Yeah he said "I know what to do" but it somehow evolved to "I know what i'm doing". :rotfl:

Wasn't 'I know what I'm doing' in Spa this year? Just before 'Give me full power'?

#862 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 17:36

Wasn't 'I know what I'm doing' in Spa this year? Just before 'Give me full power'?

"I know what I'm doing" was in Abu Dhabi while "give me full power" was one of those GPs he was trying to fend off a competitor and keep his second or third place I can't remember where...could have been Spa

#863 cokeb

cokeb

• 114 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 17:48

"Just give me full power then!" was indeed at Spa. The team had turned the engine down, and later asked Kimi to up the pace a bit.

#864 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,170 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 18:57

"Just give me full power then!" was indeed at Spa. The team had turned the engine down, and later asked Kimi to up the pace a bit.

i think it was KERS, not engine

#865 rijole1

rijole1

• 631 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 19:46

That's caught my attention in 2010 also. Maybe Ferrari tells what one of their drivers must look like :rotfl:

Eller maybe It's that Kimi is Fernandos idol and therefore, he want's to look like Kimi?  ;)
I mean, he has also been wearing similar shades as Kimi this year - those whith orangecoloured - mirror glasses.

#866 Diderlo

Diderlo

• 170 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 20:37

"I know what I'm doing" was in Abu Dhabi while "give me full power" was one of those GPs he was trying to fend off a competitor and keep his second or third place I can't remember where...could have been Spa

"I know what I'm doing" was in Spa AND also in Abu Dhabi. Give me full power was in Spa. But I'm not sure whether Spa's "I know what I'm doing" was on live broadcast or only on official race edit.

#867 fum3s

fum3s

• 470 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 22:25

Eller maybe ...

So you really are Swedish, and not just living there! :)

#868 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,697 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 22:32

Or from Norway or Denmark...

#869 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,496 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:33

Or a swedish speaking Finn :drunk:

#870 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,750 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:43

Today is the sponsor dinner for Lotus right? We might get further news on the Honeywell story if true, fingers crossed.

#871 fum3s

fum3s

• 470 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 16:39

Or from Norway or Denmark...

Or a swedish speaking Finn

Well, I didn't want to be rude, just in case!  ;)

#872 rijole1

rijole1

• 631 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 21:05

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my... - didn't see that before!! :blush: :blush:
I'm doing that all the time and must edit my posts all the time.
My mother tongue is Finnish and was raised in Finland, but I've lived in Sweden since 1981
So when I'm tired, I mix languages. When I try use English, I mix it with Swedish - indoeuropean languages both
and Swedish is borrowing a a lot of words from English.
But, when I talk with Finnish friends in Sweden, I start to mix Swedish words in Finnish
I'll try to be better - but I do not promise anything :D

#873 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,170 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 21:29

Kimi Räikkönen´s epic team-radio in full version at NASCAR Charlotte Nation - youtube

after listening to this, i realized that Nascar might actually be better suited for Felipe Massa, hearing how race engineer has to tell 'outside' or 'inside' or 'high/low' :p

Edited by eronrules, 13 December 2012 - 21:36.

#874 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,170 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:01

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/104824

Webber says he will not retire from F1 while he is competitive

Although he could not match Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel's title-winning campaign this year, Monaco and British Grand Prix winner Webber is still certain he is capable of a world championship campaign.

"Your peak is all relative. You've got to piece it all together.

"And you've got to be honest with yourself and say 'look mate, it's the right time now' - and I don't think it is the right time now."

He feels he is still a big enough threat to Vettel on pure pace.

"If I got spanked 20-nil in qualifying then yeah it's obvious, the alarm bells are ringing," Webber said.

"Until that point comes where you feel that you're not getting the most out of yourself, and you're sliding, then you need to keep pressing on.

why .... ??? how much ass-whooping one needs from vettel to retire gracefully??? give kimi the seat in 2014

#875 swerved

swerved

• 3,590 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:10

Sky Pundits Personal Highlights:

Ted Kravitz: "My favourite moment is the return of a Champion. 'Just leave me alone, I know what I'm doing,' said Kimi - and he certainly does.

"Yes, Raikkonen wouldn't have won in Abu Dhabi had Lewis Hamilton not retired but once he took the lead, he upped his pace when he needed to and was never going to give it up. He took his opportunity like a rat up a drainpipe."

Damon Hill: "Also, Kimi Raikkonen's outburst in Abu Dhabi was a watershed. Teams should stop treating drivers like babies and leave them alone. They might get more from the drivers that way."

Johnny Herbert: "Kimi Raikkonen's win in Abu Dhabi. He responded to all the pressure applied by Fernando Alonso and the radio messages were wonderful."

#876 Wander

Wander

• 2,258 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:53

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/104824

why .... ??? how much ass-whooping one needs from vettel to retire gracefully??? give kimi the seat in 2014

Really, this only means that it largely depends on what happens next year and also Red Bull themselves.

#877 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:40

Sky Pundits Personal Highlights:

Ted Kravitz: "My favourite moment is the return of a Champion. 'Just leave me alone, I know what I'm doing,' said Kimi - and he certainly does.

"Yes, Raikkonen wouldn't have won in Abu Dhabi had Lewis Hamilton not retired but once he took the lead, he upped his pace when he needed to and was never going to give it up. He took his opportunity like a rat up a drainpipe."

Damon Hill: "Also, Kimi Raikkonen's outburst in Abu Dhabi was a watershed. Teams should stop treating drivers like babies and leave them alone. They might get more from the drivers that way."

Johnny Herbert: "Kimi Raikkonen's win in Abu Dhabi. He responded to all the pressure applied by Fernando Alonso and the radio messages were wonderful."

guess what, the only person who found all of this distasteful and unacceptable is none other than Toto Wolff!

#878 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,750 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:45

guess what, the only person who found all of this distasteful and unacceptable is none other than Toto Wolff!

Tons of sour grapes at Williams obviously 'cause they built a great car but missed out on the driver to bring home the results. Saw that one coming already last winter.

#879 swerved

swerved

• 3,590 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:49

Good job he wasn't Kimi's Nascar pitman then eh :rotfl:

Incidentally he (Toto) was competing at the Snowmobile event that Kimi was scheduled to take part in, shame he didn't go, it might have been interesting :)

I just re-watched Abu Dhabi and thoroughly enjoyed it, particularly when Brundle, sounding pretty incredulous said..

"Look at that lap from Raikkonen, he does know what he's doing about warming his tyres up, new fastest lap of the race on the opening lap after a safety car, you dont often see that."

Advertisement

#880 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,147 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:54

Kimi Räikkönen´s epic team-radio in full version at NASCAR Charlotte Nation - youtube

after listening to this, i realized that Nascar might actually be better suited for Felipe Massa, hearing how race engineer has to tell 'outside' or 'inside' or 'high/low' :p

Well, that's the problem of not having mirrors in the car, if the spotter doesn't tell you where the other cars are ('inside' or 'outside') things can end up looking a bit nasty in pack racing :drunk:

There is always somebody that can see things a bit differently, and it even might be the case. But I simply think Wolff has way too many personal interests that might have influenced those statements. On the one hand, he was part of the negotiations with a driver who ended up signing with another team, won a race, made 7 podiums and got 3rd in the overall classification, while they ended up with Senna (no disrespect intended to Bruno, actually, my personal experience says he's a great guy, but...). Moreover, Wolff is also the manager of another Finnish driver.
I don't think anybody paid much attention to what Herr Wolff said, and there were good reasons for that. :)

#881 nomi

nomi

• 288 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 13:01

Has Toto done anything constructive for Williams and F1 this year?

#882 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 15:48

Well, that's the problem of not having mirrors in the car, if the spotter doesn't tell you where the other cars are ('inside' or 'outside') things can end up looking a bit nasty in pack racing :drunk:

There is always somebody that can see things a bit differently, and it even might be the case. But I simply think Wolff has way too many personal interests that might have influenced those statements. On the one hand, he was part of the negotiations with a driver who ended up signing with another team, won a race, made 7 podiums and got 3rd in the overall classification, while they ended up with Senna (no disrespect intended to Bruno, actually, my personal experience says he's a great guy, but...). Moreover, Wolff is also the manager of another Finnish driver.
I don't think anybody paid much attention to what Herr Wolff said, and there were good reasons for that. :)

There were "noises" that said that Wolff had been dead against Kimi joining Williams. He went for sponsorship money and nepotism (getting his wife to be test driver?? with Williams). Parr was said to be eager to sign Kimi on... but recently, reading from sources about the pool of potential sponsors and the number of teams after these sponsors, it seems that Lotus has been signing sponsors up, one after another... especially the Burn one after Kimi won Abu Dhabi. Before that, they had special one-off sponsors like "the dark knight" one, and I think there was "star wars" and I can't remember what else... maybe some angry bird thingy??? Sorry I had not really paid that much attention to sponsorship at all :blush: ... but after reading that stupid interview from Wolff, I kinda put one and one together...

now with the news that Chavez is in critical condition with maybe 3 months left to live, Wolff might be wondering whether Pastor's $$$ will still flow in to Williams. I can't help but think Wolff is under fire from shareholders for posturing against the arrival of Kimi at the start of the season. Oh well, you know what they say about karma! :cat:

Edited by hijinx, 14 December 2012 - 15:50.

#883 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 13,034 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:10

Kiitän teitä tästä
Jp

#884 Taxi

Taxi

• 3,034 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 16:32

Kiitän teitä tästä
Jp

"Can't believe how small this drinking bottle is" :lol:

#885 encircled

encircled

• 772 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 17:09

Not sure if this was shared in this thread already but here are some funny moments from Kimi

Part 1

Part 2 (and something about Luca visiting Kimi)

Part 3

#886 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:11

New translation from Nicole

Kimi Räikkönen’s race engineer looked back at the highlight of the season – “It was horrifying”

Kimi Räikkönen and his race engineer Mark Slade looked back at the Iceman's comeback season in the latest F1Racing-magazine. Slade told that the victory in Abu Dhabi was extremely important for the team, because it took away the pressure of the so called 'breaking of copper'from them.

Then engineer praised the Finn widely saying that it proved how Räikkönen was his "old self" again... continue reading here

#887 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:41

^ Point to note: "- He had tended his tires just sufficiently during the last two laps and then he started to pull the gap to Alonso again. He had estimated them to perfection." Again, we hear how precisely Kimi has gauged the tyres this season. We remember Boullier season early in the season how Kimi was right away on top of the tyres and understood them very well.

#888 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,697 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:31

^ Point to note: "- He had tended his tires just sufficiently during the last two laps and then he started to pull the gap to Alonso again. He had estimated them to perfection." Again, we hear how precisely Kimi has gauged the tyres this season. We remember Boullier season early in the season how Kimi was right away on top of the tyres and understood them very well.

Slade gave also another interview where he said it took sometime from Kimi to learn new pirelli tyres that were totally different tyres to anything he had driven with before...he also said getting front tyres up to temperature was the most difficult thing for Kimi and it affected his driving a lot so he couldnt use his own driving style all the time. Here is the link for that interview Mark slade about Kimi's challenges

Edited by Vesuvius, 15 December 2012 - 11:33.

#889 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 13:53

^ I could not understand the article as it is in Finnish. But I would guess getting front tyres upto temperature was mostly related to qualifying. Once he was few laps into some stint, I think his good feel factor and in general a driving style that is kind to tyres made him cope with the tyres pretty quickly.

#890 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:12

Mark Slade about Kimi Räikkönen’s close situation: “Please don’t crash into each other!”

Mark Slade looked back to the toughest situation during Kimi’s comeback season in the latest F1Racing-magazine.
Slade got cold chills in Hungary GP where Räikkönen slapped his teammate Romain Grosjean in a brilliant manner. Kimi came from the pit lane to the track right beside Grosjean and as a professional he kept his own driving line. Romain had to give way in the situation because otherwise they would have crashed – Grosjean’s driving went badly wide....continue reading here

#891 Zava

Zava

• 4,954 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 15:46

congrats to Kimi for demolishing the champion of champions this year! :p

#892 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,170 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 22:15

congrats to Kimi for demolishing the champion of champions this year! :p

:p

wonder why kimi doesn't bother with ROC

btw,in romains defense, he does perform well when the race track is divided by boulders, now wheel to wheel racing, that's different ball game :smoking:

#893 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 22:29

:p

wonder why kimi doesn't bother with ROC

btw,in romains defense, he does perform well when the race track is divided by boulders, now wheel to wheel racing, that's different ball game :smoking:

To your first question, Kimi would take part in ROC if they would bring back the old format but he isn't interested in the Mickey Mouse -race it has turned into :smoking:

#894 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,107 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 22:42

Mark Slade about Kimi Räikkönen’s close situation: “Please don’t crash into each other!”

Mark Slade looked back to the toughest situation during Kimi’s comeback season in the latest F1Racing-magazine.
Slade got cold chills in Hungary GP where Räikkönen slapped his teammate Romain Grosjean in a brilliant manner. Kimi came from the pit lane to the track right beside Grosjean and as a professional he kept his own driving line. Romain had to give way in the situation because otherwise they would have crashed – Grosjean’s driving went badly wide....continue reading here

That was nothing, no danger. Singapore restart after the SC period was hairy!

#895 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,170 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 22:51

That was nothing, no danger. Singapore restart after the SC period was hairy!

yep, if i recollect, although i don't like team mates moving aside, if Lotus had asked grosjean to let kimi pass ASAP in bahrain and singapore, maybe he would've gained few more points or who knows, one more win. but if the situation in Hungary was reversed, i'm sure we would've seen bodyworks flying everwhere. i've just seen some of Grosjeans GP2 foibles and frankly, he genuinely lacks spatial awareness.

To your first question, Kimi would take part in ROC if they would bring back the old format but he isn't interested in the Mickey Mouse -race it has turned into :smoking:

i hate it too, specially i don't like the buggies on tarmac. maybe they should just organize Kart race like massa challege or schumi challenge, say 20 laps and see who wins.

now this track was awesome ... back in 2000 ROC Makinen vs Gronholm (ROC 2000)

Edited by eronrules, 16 December 2012 - 22:55.

#896 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 00:49

Kimi was on Hokeynight over the weekend.

Posted Image

#897 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,170 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:14

Kimi was on Hokeynight over the weekend.

Posted Image

which one is kimi again :drunk:

they look very similar, r they related or something?? love kimi's schoolboy hairdo though

Edited by eronrules, 17 December 2012 - 07:15.

#898 swerved

swerved

• 3,590 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 19:16

So, Kimi is with Romain again next year, it could be an eventful and interesting season.

Lets hope for more of these :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#899 beqa16v

beqa16v

• 146 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 19:45

i wanted a noob for next year as a teammate. Thing I dislike in Grosjean is the conflict of interests the team boss will have. If Romain starts performing close to Kimi's level everybody will start saying how he has emerged as a team leader (remember monaco - canada period).

Advertisement

#900 swerved

swerved

• 3,590 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 19:51

Hey gang,
I am looking for a "Yes yes yes,I'm doing it all the time" tee shirt
Can't seem to find one.
Can you help?

Kiitos
Jp

I've seen Lotus tweets directing people here.

http://www.leavemeal...esyes_tshirt/dp

So i'm guessing they're at least officially approved.