Photo

Possible Pastor Penality?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#51 Woody3says

Woody3says

• 424 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 23:58

before they had a man giving a clear signal to the driver. Don't know whether they have him now.

He was shown twice, standing at the end of the pit wall with his arm stretched out as far as he could, red light blaring.

The FIA reserve the right to weigh any competitor during any stage of qualifying. I give the teams no pity if it inconvenient to them at the time. Perhaps they should learn to use more of the allotted time in the current session of Q than the last 3:30.......

I agree also with the comparison of missing the check verse running underweight. The whole reason for the inconvenience and "stupidity" as some of you've whined IS that its a very important check. If the car is not weighed then it can run at whatever weight they wish. Easy enough to weigh up later. Missing a weigh in should be an immediate DQ from qualification.

Advertisement

#52 R Soul

R Soul

• 614 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 00:37

I think a workable compromise would be to allow the driver to finish his intended laps, however many that is, but he must get weighed before returning to his garage.

#53 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 00:39

Pastor was fast, but made tooooooo many this kind of lossess....

#54 Starish

Starish

• 986 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:04

They're allowed to choose any car at any time during any of the 3 sessions. The teams and drivers know they may be called to the weighbridge during a session. The drivers are chosen randomly.

Isn't that a bit unreasonable. this year how many cars participating in a qualifying session have we seen called in DURING that session to be checked? if this Happened to Lewis, Alonso or vettel this would have set the forum on fire. The driver is participating in the event...i still say it is fishy.

#55 charly0418

charly0418

• 1,327 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:08

So he got the penalty because of 3 reprimands.

I remember he got 1 for the accident he had with Perez in Silverstone. Can't recall where he got the other one! Anyone remember?

#56 sheogorath

sheogorath

• 300 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:19

Pastor's race engineer just mentioned on Twitter that the call by weight control in the middle of Q2 was very unusual.

#57 robefc

robefc

• 8,064 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:27

Isn't that a bit unreasonable. this year how many cars participating in a qualifying session have we seen called in DURING that session to be checked? if this Happened to Lewis, Alonso or vettel this would have set the forum on fire. The driver is participating in the event...i still say it is fishy.

Was it on fire during quali for monza 08?

#58 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:37

So he got the penalty because of 3 reprimands.

I remember he got 1 for the accident he had with Perez in Silverstone. Can't recall where he got the other one! Anyone remember?

China, penalty for impeding in quali.

Since it's the second incident in short time i think FIA will start being more severe with the punishments.

Edited by Diablobb81, 25 November 2012 - 07:39.

#59 03011969

• 515 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:10

You need to understand why they weigh the cars to understand why it needs to be done during an event.

As you don't understand the former you will never understand the latter.

Advertisement

#60 karne

karne

• 2,040 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:57

Having seen qualifying now, I think there can be no doubt Pastor deserved the penalty. The red light was obvious as day and there was a bloke standing with his arm out. How the hell does a driver miss that?

#61 KoezhVukotic

KoezhVukotic

• 235 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:49

Having seen qualifying now, I think there can be no doubt Pastor deserved the penalty. The red light was obvious as day and there was a bloke standing with his arm out. How the hell does a driver miss that?

Quite easily at 60mph. He isn't the first either

#62 MrMontecarlo

MrMontecarlo

• 546 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:06

The solution to these things is very easy. Bin the whole Q system and let all the cars set laps during one hour. That way calling drivers to the weighting wouldn't be so dramatic as they would have one hour to set times.

#63 lokiman

lokiman

• 1,706 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:07

To be fair, as Brundle pointed out yesterday, Pastor's pit box was close to where the guy with the light was standing. Coming into the pits at 60mph, with your pit box fast approaching, your natural instinct is to look towards your box because you're about to pull into it. Had Pastor's box been further down the pit lane,he probably would have spotted the light, because he would have been looking straight ahead.

Edited by lokiman, 25 November 2012 - 11:07.