• This topic is locked This topic is locked
481 replies to this topic

#101 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:50

First laps, still trembling...

https://www.youtube....p;v=AWguRc-AzoQ

Great gesture from Alonso. The season was truly incredible battle of these two men. I praise all the efforts made by everybody who are involved with. Fantastic.
For a long time I thought that I never see these kind of battle on Formula One track.
I do think that Alonso truly deserved thew WDC title 2012.
Bravo Fernando looking forward to 2012.

Advertisement

#102 ICEBALL

ICEBALL

• 163 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:59

i see for Alonso a similar period in Ferrari that Kimi had in Maclaren.....5 years with no titles

#103 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,355 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:26

ICEBALL, no worries a switch with Vettel to RB will make it!

What a coincidence on his FB:

"Contest finished! On November 30th the winner will be announced. Good luck!"

Posted Image

Does he mean a possible Ferrari protest? :cat:

Edited by jstrains, 28 November 2012 - 10:27.

#104 Robertsf

Robertsf

• 44 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:33

i see for Alonso a similar period in Ferrari that Kimi had in Maclaren.....5 years with no titles

Right you are and compare to Kimi and Mclaren, Alnos and Ferrari have tried and will try everything to ahcive their goals,. No sportmanship and honour at all!

#105 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau

• 1,881 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:16

Right you are and compare to Kimi and Mclaren, Alnos and Ferrari have tried and will try everything to ahcive their goals,. No sportmanship and honour at all!

And yet another display of bitterness... shouldn't you limit your posts to those threads where you can make a constructive contribution?

#106 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 13:15

Was trundling around Diario As to read about the flag-gate, and found this out:

http://www.as.com/mo...dasdasmot_5/Tes

Alonso has twitted: "No tengo milagros, Yo hago de las leyes correctas mis milagros."/ Hard to tranlate but something like "I have no miracles, I transform the correct rules in my miracles"

His manager García Abad followed: "Donde hay poca justicia es un peligro tener razón"/ This one´s easier: "where justice does not prevail, it´s dangerous being in the right".

I don´t like this. Are they sticking with the flag-gate guys?

Maybe they should tweet also the Roman 'Inter FIA enim silent leges'. But perhaps it is best to remember the forest in the Fūrinkazan of the Takeda clan.

#107 pusko

pusko

• 495 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 14:15

Posted Image

So misterious gif...There are so many thoughts and 100 different conclusions to get from expresions of both...
But a "powerful" moment definitely...

#108 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 14:19

I'm amused by all the people in this thread attempting to minimize Alonso's achievement in this past year through suggestions of his benefitting from team orders, suggestions that Massa is faster because of the last 2 qualis (ignores the fact that Vettel qualified and finished behind Webber at Brazil doesn't it?), and by specious suggestions that somehow he is embittered and prone to "sour grapes"...

Let me hasten to say that I don't disagree with much of the above; he has benefitted from team orders, Massa out-qualified him fair and square in the last 2 races (to my disappointment), though I can't really agree with the last because I've actually read the articles where he is "supposedly" exhibiting sour grapes or bad grace and he wasn't - it only reads that way if you cherry-pick the comments with a view to portraying him in a negative light.

My point is, that, in spite of the above, Alonso had an incredible season. These same people who are slagging Alonso for his season - a season where he finished 3 points behind a much faster Red Bull, are likely the same people who were jubilant at the start of the season over the Ferrari's lack of pace. The same people who, in the "will Alonso ever win another WDC?" thread are responding "let's hope not". The same people who are accusing Alonso of being ungracious in defeat and of having "sour grapes" are in fact, displaying a strange predilection for being ungracious in victory and being guilty of sour grapes in spite of the fact that Alonso DIDN'T win.

Strange, isn't it?

Or perhaps not.

Perhaps it is completely predictable... if Alonso had had a rubbish season and finished 7th or worse in the WDC (as many would have suspected at the start of the season) then we wouldn't be talking about this. Instead, Alonso had the bad taste to have an incredible season, blending speed, maturity, opportunism, good fortune and consistency to achieve a finish that is likely better than the car was capable of under normal circumstances. No wonder there are people who are bitter about this. If you don't like Alonso, than it's a tough year for it - I mean - he's been praised and lauded all year long... and his incredible season must stick in the craw of many who wished him ill.

So - let's be honest, shall we? If you are slagging Alonso at this juncture, it is not because of his talent, his personality, team orders, his team-mate - no - all of these items apply to other drivers in greater or lesser amounts. If you are slagging Alonso, it is because he had an incredible and praiseworthy season that few others would have been capable of.

#109 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 1,336 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 14:23

ICEBALL, no worries a switch with Vettel to RB will make it!

What a coincidence on his FB:

"Contest finished! On November 30th the winner will be announced. Good luck!"

Posted Image

Does he mean a possible Ferrari protest? :cat:

:lol: No, it´s a christmas card contest for kids on Alonso´s website.;)

#110 kosmos

kosmos

• 5,806 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 18:24

So misterious gif...There are so many thoughts and 100 different conclusions to get from expresions of both...
But a "powerful" moment definitely...

It looks to me like mutal recognition, one is the driver of the year, the other the designer of the year.

#111 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau

• 1,881 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 18:37

I'm amused by all the people in this thread attempting to minimize Alonso's achievement in this past year through suggestions of his benefitting from team orders, suggestions that Massa is faster because of the last 2 qualis (ignores the fact that Vettel qualified and finished behind Webber at Brazil doesn't it?), and by specious suggestions that somehow he is embittered and prone to "sour grapes"...

Let me hasten to say that I don't disagree with much of the above; he has benefitted from team orders, Massa out-qualified him fair and square in the last 2 races (to my disappointment), though I can't really agree with the last because I've actually read the articles where he is "supposedly" exhibiting sour grapes or bad grace and he wasn't - it only reads that way if you cherry-pick the comments with a view to portraying him in a negative light.

My point is, that, in spite of the above, Alonso had an incredible season. These same people who are slagging Alonso for his season - a season where he finished 3 points behind a much faster Red Bull, are likely the same people who were jubilant at the start of the season over the Ferrari's lack of pace. The same people who, in the "will Alonso ever win another WDC?" thread are responding "let's hope not". The same people who are accusing Alonso of being ungracious in defeat and of having "sour grapes" are in fact, displaying a strange predilection for being ungracious in victory and being guilty of sour grapes in spite of the fact that Alonso DIDN'T win.

Strange, isn't it?

Or perhaps not.

Perhaps it is completely predictable... if Alonso had had a rubbish season and finished 7th or worse in the WDC (as many would have suspected at the start of the season) then we wouldn't be talking about this. Instead, Alonso had the bad taste to have an incredible season, blending speed, maturity, opportunism, good fortune and consistency to achieve a finish that is likely better than the car was capable of under normal circumstances. No wonder there are people who are bitter about this. If you don't like Alonso, than it's a tough year for it - I mean - he's been praised and lauded all year long... and his incredible season must stick in the craw of many who wished him ill.

So - let's be honest, shall we? If you are slagging Alonso at this juncture, it is not because of his talent, his personality, team orders, his team-mate - no - all of these items apply to other drivers in greater or lesser amounts. If you are slagging Alonso, it is because he had an incredible and praiseworthy season that few others would have been capable of.

Great post, sir! :clap:

#112 steferrari

steferrari

• 248 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 19:09

Strange, isn't it?

Or perhaps not.

:clap:

#113 abc

abc

• 1,940 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 20:18

Yeah lets be honest, Alonso is perfect driver, although not clearly above SV and Lewis as you are spouting in their threads for years. But he is also certainly most egocentric one in current field, at the same time whining and complaining on every occasion even a non issue one, bigging up himself and degrading car and competitors and most of all stirring up all kind of shit behind the scene through his affiliated channels.

Then there are his fans who in majority belong to the worst kind of fans, I refer to many nonsense threads in last couple of days where level of bullshit is such that words fail, they like to use word fairness, but they are completely at lose with its concept. For them its always Alonso vs. enemy. It feels at the moment like wishing Alonso not to win anything for rest of his carrier is the most right thing to do.

#114 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau

• 1,881 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 20:24

Yeah lets be honest, Alonso is perfect driver, although not clearly above SV and Lewis as you are spouting in their threads for years. But he is also certainly most egocentric one in current field, at the same time whining and complaining on every occasion even a non issue one, bigging up himself and degrading car and competitors and most of all stirring up all kind of shit behind the scene through his affiliated channels.

Then there are his fans who in majority belong to the worst kind of fans, I refer to many nonsense threads in last couple of days where level of bullshit is such that words fail, they like to use word fairness, but they are completely at lose with its concept. For them its always Alonso vs. enemy. It feels at the moment like wishing Alonso not to win anything for rest of his carrier is the most right thing to do.

Your words say more about you than about any Alonso supporter I have read in this thread. Pot, kettle, black looks like an understatement in this case. :well:

#115 abc

abc

• 1,940 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 20:53

Your words say more about you than about any Alonso supporter I have read in this thread. Pot, kettle, black looks like an understatement in this case. :well:

Of course you would write that .. so what? :wave:

#116 pusko

pusko

• 495 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 20:59

It looks to me like mutal recognition, one is the driver of the year, the other the designer of the year.

...but it can be also simple as that...i agree. :drunk:

#117 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 22:28

Was trundling around Diario As to read about the flag-gate, and found this out:

http://www.as.com/mo...dasdasmot_5/Tes

Alonso has twitted: "No tengo milagros, Yo hago de las leyes correctas mis milagros."/ Hard to tranlate but something like "I have no miracles, I transform the correct rules in my miracles"

His manager García Abad followed: "Donde hay poca justicia es un peligro tener razón"/ This one´s easier: "where justice does not prevail, it´s dangerous being in the right".

I don´t like this. Are they sticking with the flag-gate guys?

Alonso has posted a cryptic message on the social networking site Twitter that appears to be a reference to the situation.

He wrote in Spanish: "I don't believe in miracles. I make my miracles out of the correct rules."

Alonso is believed to be pushing Ferrari to make an official protest to the FIA.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/20531638

#118 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 00:19

Yeah lets be honest, Alonso is perfect driver,

I doon't believe that I have ever said that Alonso was a "perfect" driver.

although not clearly above SV and Lewis as you are spouting in their threads for years.

I'd say that this year he was clearly a step above Seb - not a big one - but a step. Three points is all that needs to be said in this regard. For Lewis? He was mega this year. His car let him down far too much - he was pretty much on the same level as Alonso and without the egregious pitwork and reliability he had, would likely have been a real threat for the championship - and one that Seb would have had a harder time fending off (given the speed of the McLaren).

But he is also certainly most egocentric one in current field,

That would be a difficult contention to substantiate. After all - it is well known that most F1 drivers are rather self-centred and have a self-belief that borders on (and crosses over into) arrogance.

at the same time whining and complaining on every occasion even a non issue one, bigging up himself and degrading car and competitors and most of all stirring up all kind of shit behind the scene through his affiliated channels.

As most of his competitors will also do when the need arises. I rarely here a driver stating "Yeah - the car is brilliant - I'm just really slow..."

Then there are his fans who in majority belong to the worst kind of fans, I refer to many nonsense threads in last couple of days where level of bullshit is such that words fail, they like to use word fairness, but they are completely at lose with its concept. For them its always Alonso vs. enemy.

Which, again, is something that can be said of most passionate fans of any driver. I fail to see the distinction. Look through any thread and you will find people making ridiculous and unsupportable arguments (me included) for their favourites and against those they don't support. To suggest that only Alonso fans are at fault in this regard is remarkably silly.

#119 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 00:25

But he is also certainly most egocentric one in current field

I'd also suggest that if you believe him to be egocentric, you will perceive every comment he makes in that light. I had the same problem with Hamilton - I always thought the was a whiner, starting with Monaco 2007... and I tend to read every comment he makes with that assumption - the whine is programmed in. I'm trying to stop this, as it's unfair, but habits are hard to break.

Advertisement

#120 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:02

All drivers are a bit egocentric. See, even Kimi has his nickname tattooed in his arm. It's not big deal really.

#121 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 4,934 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:23

Posted Image

FA: One of these days Im going to beat your toys. Tienes mi respeto.
AN: I know what your thinking, good luck trying. Nice driving by the way.

#122 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:25

Posted Image

FA: One of these days Im going to beat your toys. Tienes mi respeto.
AN: I know what your thinking, good luck trying. Nice driving by the way.

FA: you come to Ferrari??
AN: Okay, I'll just check with Vettel about his Ferrari plans!

:D

Edited by BackOnTop, 29 November 2012 - 04:26.

#123 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:54

A minutes silence for your life.

#124 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:55

Despite massive back-up from the team, Massa being clear nr2, competitive car etc. Alonso has given zero Championships for the Scuderia. What was also puzzling that he was slower than Massa in last races when it mattered.

Also blaming Spa and Japan is sour grapes. You make your own luck eh?

Sad.

Sounds like you've yet to watch a full season in F1. I guess flexing your skills honed on the xbox forum last year?

Edited by Mr2s, 29 November 2012 - 05:58.

#125 kosmos

kosmos

• 5,806 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:07

Autosport has an article by Edd Straw called Why 2012 was Alonso's best, I can't copy it here because it's paid content but I really liked this part:

He gave himself 10 out of 10 for the year – and he was right to do so. While he wasn't perfect – Suzuka and the final couple of races when he was eclipsed by Massa proves that --– it was a campaign as close to perfection as a driver could realistically be expected to deliver.

#126 superuser

superuser

• 55 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:22

I'm really disappointed by Alonso's (total lack of) sportsmanship. Fueling the nonsense about the yellow flags on twitter, how low can he go? I don't care how well he drives, his reputation will be forever tarnished by 2007, 2008 and now this. He should be thankful that he didn't won the title with all the embarrassing things Massa and Ferrari had to do to spoon fed him some points in the last few races, when he clearly choked and underperformed.

#127 K-One

K-One

• 5,898 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:33

Sad.

Sounds like you've yet to watch a full season in F1. I guess flexing your skills honed on the xbox forum last year?

More sad is that you cannot respond with arguments, just insulting.

#128 K-One

K-One

• 5,898 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:36

I'm really disappointed by Alonso's (total lack of) sportsmanship. Fueling the nonsense about the yellow flags on twitter, how low can he go? I don't care how well he drives, his reputation will be forever tarnished by 2007, 2008 and now this. He should be thankful that he didn't won the title with all the embarrassing things Massa and Ferrari had to do to spoon fed him some points in the last few races, when he clearly choked and underperformed.

He has been like that always. That's why I hope he never wins any titles. There is no low point for Alonso

#129 superuser

superuser

• 55 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:45

Posted Image

FA: Come to Ferrari!
AN: LOL, I just needed someone to tell me my car sucks but he is the best! Nice try!

#130 Der Pate

Der Pate

• 624 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:55

What would you think, if Alonso was your employee? He came to Ferrari with the clear target...championship...until now he hasn´t deliver anything...he drove great races during the 3 years, but he hasn´t deliver, for what he came to the Scuderia...

On the other hand he showed some childish behaviour (like Hamilton), when you follow him on twitter...this comment about the "illegal" move of Vettel or this stupid picture with Massa and guns...

I liked Alonso during his first time with Renault...but then he showed his real behaviour during the season with Hamilton...then there was "spygate", where he played a rather strange role...and there was Singapur, where everybody damned Piquet jr. and Briatore but not Alonso, who had the benefit with his win...

#131 superuser

superuser

• 55 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:01

To be fair, he did the best he could do under the circumstances (maybe wasn't that good at the last few races but everyone else also had a few off races). But his constant comments on the technical team of Ferrari and the car hardly helped. If you are engineer, would you be inspired to put all the extra work and effort for some egocentric dirver that constantly mocks you publicly? Even if you succeed in making the car faster, it will always be HIM, not the car.

Edited by superuser, 29 November 2012 - 08:05.

#132 toxicfusion

toxicfusion

• 519 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:29

I just looked at his twitter account, there isn't any mention of flags. :confused: Just an obscure samari quote which he's become quite fond of tweeting.

You can't blame him of Ferrari for asking the FIA to clarify who was waving what and the light colour. If they have as there is nothing official anywhere.

What would you think, if Alonso was your employee? He came to Ferrari with the clear target...championship...until now he hasn´t deliver anything...he drove great races during the 3 years, but he hasn´t deliver, for what he came to the Scuderia...

And come within a few points each time he's been with a shout at the last race, 2010 was a mistake by the team to watch and follow Webber over Vettel. Sure Fernando could have scored more points in the first half but everyone was dropping points in the first half that year but that doesn't change the mistake Ferrari made in Abu Dhabi.

As for this year, if the car had been faster in the initial races (say with the upgrades that appeared for Spain) he might have got more points from China and Bahrain. He did the maximum possible with the machinery at hand from the Summer on McLaren and then Red Bull were faster than the Ferrari.

Edited by toxicfusion, 29 November 2012 - 08:33.

#133 superuser

superuser

• 55 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:34

I just looked at his twitter account, there isn't any mention of flags. :confused: Just an obscure samari quote which he's become quite fond of tweeting.

You can't blame him of Ferrari for asking the FIA to clarify who was waving what and the light colour. If they have as there is nothing official anywhere.

I don't know Spanish so this may be wrong, but I read he posted something along the lines of "I did the best I could within the rules" clearly implying that he was beaten illegally.

#134 redbarron

redbarron

• 294 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:47

I'm amazed how much hatred there is for Alonso on here. He had a season like no other yet I get the impression people on here would spit on him if they saw him.

I don't want to see Alonso win from a penalty a week after the race, but I think that they are in titled to ask. People just seem happy for Red Bull to continue with their tricks. This matter should have been dealt with properly during the race rather then being dragged on and on. Have the Fia even said anything?

#135 kosmos

kosmos

• 5,806 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:55

I don't know Spanish so this may be wrong, but I read he posted something along the lines of "I did the best I could within the rules" clearly implying that he was beaten illegally.

"No tengo milagros, Yo hago de las leyes correctas mis milagros."

I don't have miracles, with (or from) the correct laws I made my miracles".

The last part is hard to translate for me.

Keep hating.

#136 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,113 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:56

Oh how I love reading those hate posts on here. Alonso's a legend. And legends are always surrounded by controversy.

#137 NadsatII

NadsatII

• 236 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:01

"Yo no tengo milagros, yo hago de las leyes correctas mis milagros"

"I don't have miracles: I make the correct laws to be my miracles". Samurai quote.

#138 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,113 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:09

"Yo no tengo milagros, yo hago de las leyes correctas mis milagros"

"I don't have miracles: I make the correct laws to be my miracles". Samurai quote.

Superuser is right, he's clearly implying something else.

#139 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:14

Guys, I think you shouldn't read that much into quotes done in twitter in languages you don't understand. The sad part is that in the past in regards to Alonso even "respected" medias seem to have used Google to tranlate quotes about him.

Advertisement

#140 Der Pate

Der Pate

• 624 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:17

The tweet is completely unnecessary! Is in the same league like the tweet of Hamilton, where he complains, that his team-mate doesn´t follow him anylonger...as a result Button stated, that he had never followed Ham...

The comments to Alonso´s tweet show, that Alonso only confuses his followers...

#141 superuser

superuser

• 55 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:32

So that wasn't that far fetched then? If it's a vague, it's understandable - he doesn't want to go on record accusing Vettel of something that is demonstrably false, but he still can't help himself to make a dig on him. Why? I really don't understand this behavior.

#142 Gintonious

Gintonious

• 922 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:39

Before anyone jumps the gun about the quote in the BBC article saying that Alonso is pushing Ferrari to protest, don't forget its Andrew Benson writing it, he wouldn't like Alonso if he saved his first born.

#143 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 3,868 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:37

So that wasn't that far fetched then? If it's a vague, it's understandable - he doesn't want to go on record accusing Vettel of something that is demonstrably false, but he still can't help himself to make a dig on him. Why? I really don't understand this behavior.

Yes, of course he´s implying something about flag-gate, but the vague writting is meant to allow him to back out just in case he was wrong, as it has turned out. For anyone who has any doubt, his manager tweeted at the same time something like "where justice does not prevail, being in the right is dangerous". He went a step further but it´s along the same line. Apoligies from both now it´s been cleared would be nice.

They just got fooled. Should have check the facts before tweetting. And that´s why twitter sucks if you´re someone famous, you´ll screw sooner or later. Having a tool to talk worldwide at any time is not smart.

#144 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 1,612 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:57

Superuser is right, he's clearly implying something else.

Of course he is. Did everyone forget how Red Bull was ordered to change their car following the Monaco controversy? :confused:

See: FIA declares Red Bull floor holes illegal

But anyway, 2012 is done and over with.

Edited by Nonesuch, 29 November 2012 - 12:00.

#145 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,885 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:01

"No tengo milagros, Yo hago de las leyes correctas mis milagros."

I don't have miracles, with (or from) the correct laws I made my miracles".

The last part is hard to translate for me.

Keep hating.

Its pretty clear what he is aiming at with that last quote. And now Ferrari wants "clarification"? Petty. Very petty.

Posted Image

#146 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:05

Its pretty clear what he is aiming at with that last quote. And now Ferrari wants "clarification"? Petty. Very petty.

Posted Image

Pretty clear? :rotfl: What it is pretty clear is that certain people love to read too much into Alonso's speeches so they have something to bash him about in their blogs.

It's reaching absurd levels with with the tweet thing. Next week it'll be about his eyebrows again.

Edited by Creepy, 29 November 2012 - 12:07.

#147 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,885 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:23

Pretty clear? :rotfl: What it is pretty clear is that certain people love to read too much into Alonso's speeches so they have something to bash him about in their blogs.

It's reaching absurd levels with with the tweet thing. Next week it'll be about his eyebrows again.

You believe what you wanna believe. That much is clear.

What the decent thing would be for Fernando to do, was to say something like he did in 2007. Otherwise this will be yet another tarnish on his reputation.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/63581
Fernando Alonso believes it would be bad for Formula One if Lewis Hamilton was handed the world championship title via post-race disqualifications:

"It would be a joke, and we've had too many already," he told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser. "If something like that happened, it would end up burying the sport."

Why is he silent this time? Hypocrisy much? Yes. Very much so. :down:

#148 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:27

You believe what you wanna believe. That much is clear.

What the decent thing would be for Fernando to do, was to say something like he did in 2007. Otherwise this will be yet another tarnish on his reputation.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/63581
Fernando Alonso believes it would be bad for Formula One if Lewis Hamilton was handed the world championship title via post-race disqualifications:

Why is he silent this time? Hypocrisy much? Yes. Very much so. :down:

As explained by other forumer in the other thread, it is not the same thing.

Back then it was about fuel loads, and this time it was about the possibility of a driver himself breaking the rules.

Not that I think Vettel is guilty, but the Alonso bashing is quite unfair and unneeded this time till you guys find us a proof that Alonso is the one complaining and if so, in what terms he's doing so.

Edited by Creepy, 29 November 2012 - 12:27.

#149 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,341 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:27

On the other hand he showed some childish behaviour (like Hamilton), when you follow him on twitter...this comment about the "illegal" move of Vettel or this stupid picture with Massa and guns...

I liked Alonso during his first time with Renault...but then he showed his real behaviour during the season with Hamilton...then there was "spygate", where he played a rather strange role...and there was Singapur, where everybody damned Piquet jr. and Briatore but not Alonso, who had the benefit with his win...

I would think that I have a star employee to whom I failed to provide the tools to do the work I'm paying him for, and that I better step up.

#150 primus

primus

• 26 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:28

Wonder why it is always the same driver who is linked to these manipulation tries... McLaren-saga, crashgate and the list continues... :p