Fernando Alonso - Part III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
481 replies to this topic

#201 NadsatII

NadsatII

• 236 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 21:22

Alonso should be using latin, too...

"Parcere subiectis et debellare superbos" (Eneida, VI), que podemos traducir: "conceder tu favor a los humildes y abatir combatiendo a los soberbios"

Advertisement

#202 NadsatII

NadsatII

• 236 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 21:26

"Fight for the humble peolpe, and fight against the strong people"

#203 Arry2k

Arry2k

• 358 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 21:29

Thank you Fer, for us you are number 1!

Thanks Fer, for us nº1

Thanks guys.

#204 Arry2k

Arry2k

• 358 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 21:41

Funny that in the end that quote was a self-fulfilling prophecy that would become reality a couple of days later :lol:

Please enlighten us as to how asking for a clarification is in anyway a "dirty trick".

#205 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 21:43

Please enlighten us as to how asking for a clarification is in anyway a "dirty trick".

Please, don't feed them, at least not in this thread.

#206 Arry2k

Arry2k

• 358 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 22:32

Please, don't feed them, at least not in this thread.

Sorry dude, just getting a bit tired of all the hypocritical, ignorant, myopic cack that is being banded round these parts of late. :wave:

#207 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,322 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 22:40

Of course sir. But you should figure this one out by yourself:

When you go complianing to a referee even when you -and everyone actually- already know that there´s nothing to complain, just to see if it sticks somehow, it´s a dirty trick.

#208 LiJu914

LiJu914

• 1,776 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 22:44

"Fight for the humble peolpe, and fight against the strong people"

I didn´t know they already had chinese food in ancient rome.

#209 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 23:03

Of course sir. But you should figure this one out by yourself:

When you go complianing to a referee even when you -and everyone actually- already know that there´s nothing to complain, just to see if it sticks somehow, it´s a dirty trick.

Can you provide a link where Ferrari or (sticking with this thread topic, Alonso) go complaining to a referee?

#210 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,322 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 23:09

Can you provide a link where Ferrari or (sticking with this thread topic, Alonso) go complaining to a referee?

Buy a news app or something.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/104646

"Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali wrote a letter to FIA president Jean Todt on Wednesday night seeking a detailed explanation of the circumstances surrounding the incident on lap four.

The team wants confirmation that Vettel's pass did not take place under yellow flag conditions, as video evidence that has been widely distributed since the weekend did not provide a clear answer."

I doubt there´s anyone else having seen every piece of video avaliable that thought Wednesday night "there was not a clear answer".

#211 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 23:26

Buy a news app or something.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/104646

"Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali wrote a letter to FIA president Jean Todt on Wednesday night seeking a detailed explanation of the circumstances surrounding the incident on lap four.

The team wants confirmation that Vettel's pass did not take place under yellow flag conditions, as video evidence that has been widely distributed since the weekend did not provide a clear answer."

I doubt there´s anyone else having seen every piece of video avaliable that thought Wednesday night "there was not a clear answer".

And since when is asking a question complaining?

#212 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 23:44

And since when is asking a question complaining?

It's not. If Ferrari were "complaining" you would have heard Domenicali, Fry and the others raising hell directly after the race. But you didn't. It seems that people who can't stand Fernando, LOVE spending time in his thread. Pretty telling don't you think? Sure this BB is for discussion but I don't usually spend time doing things I don't like or doing things for long periods with/about people I don't like. But that's just me. Maybe I'm weird. Or...

Anyhow people here just can't stop themselves from coming in here taking a shot at Fer. It is what it is.

#213 HPT

HPT

• 1,165 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:39

Welcome to F1. As most people here already know, his employers adore him and the big boss is determined to one day provide him with the best equipment. This is how they greeted him at the end of the race , (thanks to BBC's Andrew Benson and Darren Heath for photo)

Posted Image

Great photo! Thanks for sharing.

Edited by HPT, 30 November 2012 - 04:23.

#214 HPT

HPT

• 1,165 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:41

:drunk: :stoned: :down: Cheating? When was RB found to be cheating? All the dirty tricks were by Ferrari, pushing FIA to constantly change the rules, breaking the RB innovations. But they outdid themselves in Japan when the latest change (flexi/rotating wings) turned out to punish McLaren instead of RB and RB got streak of 3 more wins. In a hindsight, the Ferrari constant pressure to FIA to "clarify" and change the rules against RB backfired big time, hitting McLaren and thus giving more points to RB.

What about the manual height adjuster that contravened the regulations?

#215 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,749 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:46

It's not. If Ferrari were "complaining" you would have heard Domenicali, Fry and the others raising hell directly after the race. But you didn't. It seems that people who can't stand Fernando, LOVE spending time in his thread. Pretty telling don't you think? Sure this BB is for discussion but I don't usually spend time doing things I don't like or doing things for long periods with/about people I don't like. But that's just me. Maybe I'm weird. Or...

Anyhow people here just can't stop themselves from coming in here taking a shot at Fer. It is what it is.

TBH the comments from 2007 are really biting the team in the a55. Claiming that McLaren asking for CLARIFICATION are shameless hypocrites...
Why is it any different now?

OTOH I´m glad that FA has remained outside the controversy (at least officially) but at the same time I would not think it a bad thing if Fernando had come out and told his fans to get over it, SV won on the track.

#216 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:16

TBH the comments from 2007 are really biting the team in the a55. Claiming that McLaren asking for CLARIFICATION are shameless hypocrites...

Maybe different team principal and completely different approach to the poltical side of the sport.

Some good words from Webber.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/20551312

#217 motorhead

motorhead

• 921 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:52

I'm not particularly fond of the quoting either, but we know very well that you will find fault regardless of what he says or does not say.

You are exactly right, that´s part of the fun  ;)

#218 BestCarWins

BestCarWins

• 196 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:14

One of the main differences is that mclaren went to court over their clarification and then demanded the title for hamilton which they said they werent going todo. I agree it was a bit stupid on ferraris part but at least the matter is cleared up now.

#219 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,074 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:45

that's right! He gets his manager to arm-twist the teammate to do the dirty on track! :drunk:

And apparently a certain driver who does not care for anything gets his supporters to go around being spiteful and bashing his rivals. How cute!

Advertisement

#220 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 18:46

Gif version ;)

Posted Image

Apparently the gif compressor interpreted it was snowing in there :)

Edited by prty, 30 November 2012 - 18:46.

#221 Ravenak

Ravenak

• 939 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 00:25

Surprised by the level of hatred towards Fernando coming out of this last weekend, even before the flaggate.

People can't fix their minds, unbelievable.

#222 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,322 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 00:34

Gif version ;)

Posted Image

BRILLIANT. I could watch all day.

#223 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 00:35

Surprised by the level of hatred towards Fernando coming out of this last weekend, even before the flaggate.

People can't fix their minds, unbelievable.

it happens any time he has real chances of winning the championship. There were a lot of people having to go to the toilet more than usual and after last race they had to let all that tension out. 2007 & 2010 once again. it's always a good sign.

#224 tkulla

tkulla

• 3,165 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:20

it happens any time he has real chances of winning the championship. There were a lot of people having to go to the toilet more than usual and after last race they had to let all that tension out. 2007 & 2010 once again. it's always a good sign.

Alonso is a top tier driver, but what bugs me about him is the same thing that bugged me about Schumacher in his prime - he's unwilling to take on another top driver in a fair fight. That's a sign of weakness and insecurity to me and it makes me think less of him. Odd how Massa was somehow quick when it became very necessary for there to be cars between Fernando and Sebastian in those last couple of races.

#225 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:59

Alonso is a top tier driver, but what bugs me about him is the same thing that bugged me about Schumacher in his prime - he's unwilling to take on another top driver in a fair fight. That's a sign of weakness and insecurity to me and it makes me think less of him. Odd how Massa was somehow quick when it became very necessary for there to be cars between Fernando and Sebastian in those last couple of races.

You're complicating the matter when it doesn't need to be. Do you think Brady(US NFL), or Ronaldo thinks that their teammates are as good as they are? No. No driver ever thinks his teammate is as good as he is. And considering Fernando is 2x WDC Champion and Felipe has none, I would think Fernando is somewhat justified in his feeling that he should be number 1. Vettel is the number 1 driver at RBR and he surely doesn't think Mark should be number one. You make accusations you can't back up with facts. Where has Fernando said he doesn't want another top driver on his team? I'll wait.

As or Felipe's form at the end of the season, it's about time. But shame on you for thinking Fernando is perfect and shouldn't be beaten any time, any place. I do guarantee you though that if Felipe had something on the line at the end of the season like the WDC he would have driven a little more cautiously like Fernando did. But he had nothing to lose whatsoever. So the comparison is absurd if you're trying to be objective. Nobody made a big deal out of Mark qualifying better than Seb in the last 2 out of 3 GP's. but when it's Fernando, there's a different standard. :rolleyes:

It's amazing how many people have their own agenda here and how just a little bit of context is absent. I mean seriously, do people think a driver that potentially has the WDC at stake is going to drive the same as someone who has nothing to lose? Incredible what comes out of some people's mouths(keyboards).

#226 hijinx

hijinx

• 626 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:35

Yes, I am absolutely fed up with the hate that certain Raikkonen supporters show towards Alonso. Yes, I used to be a Raikkonen supporter, and a bunch of his fans have driven me away from him with their behaviour, and yes, your behaviour could well make you part of that group. No, I am not going to the Raikkonen thread (although I have visited it in a couple of accasions in the past) because, unlike some others who love to go anywhere to bash, I tend to stay away from threads in which sooner or later I am going to read post by forumers that I know ill infuriate me with their "we stand the higher moral ground" attitude while manipulating facts or presenting straight lies. And don't give me the "some of you cannot handle", unless you are able to assert that you have always taken it with a smile when somebody has gone to the Raikkonen thread to criticise him.

And finally, don't give me the "tongue-in-cheek" excuse: I think we all can recognise a bashing when we see it, and your post certainly fits that category.

I didn't insult anyone here. I'm sorry you find Kimi fans that annoying and drove you away from being his fan. But it tells me that you're not really his fan in that case. His fans should never be associated with him. He can't choose his fans as much as Alonso. I might be wrong, but I have not seen that much hatred for Kimi or his fans in this forum that you felt this strongly about his fans. I have not gone through this thread at all so I cannot be too sure if many kimi fans come here to rile Fonzie fans up. I should also add that these couple of posts have been my very first few in the Fonzie thread, and by all accounts, it is clear now that it was a mistake on my part to even pop in here with my "insensitive joke" as I can understand that many here are disappointed from the recent goings on with Fonzie. I understand, so I will remove my posts from here and will never step in here again. I hope you will also delete my comments that you quoted me in so that they dun serve as any reminder of me being here. And when that is done, I'll remove this comment too.

Edited by hijinx, 01 December 2012 - 11:49.

#227 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,074 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:56

Happy to oblige - I agree there is no need to keep those posts.

#228 ForeverF1

ForeverF1
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,516 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:00

We do not have, nor allow "Fan" threads. I suggest that your posts remain.

#229 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,074 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:02

We do not have, nor allow "Fan" threads. I suggest that your posts remain.

I was actually referring to our personal exchange, which had nothing to do with the drivers per se. But if you'd rather have those stay, I am fine with that too.

Edited by Fontainebleau, 01 December 2012 - 12:03.

#230 Tosh

Tosh

• 269 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 13:21

Give the guy a break. Jeez. I kinda like he didn't win the WDC. Imagine all the BS he would get then... :down:

#231 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 13:51

Are you implying that Ferrari sabotaged Massa's car? Why no the same question about Mark's RBR after he signed another year for RBR? He was in front and suddenly... That's what I don't get, the double standards, if Ferrari or Alonso are involved there's always something bad to say or made up. Massa himself explained how he struggled at the beginning of the season and then he started working harder to adapt to the car and he got better and better, not that one day it was shit and the following the car was on rails. It would have been stupid anyway, a better Massa could have helped more than what he did in the first part of the season. There are a lot of possible explanations for Massa's improvement, if we go by his words he has worked all season to tame that car a make it more to his liking. There's also the last upgrades that only Alonso had and maybe they disturbed the balance of the car, let's not forget they were desperate attempts to improve the car, not normal scheduled upgrades.
As for the team mate debate, he is in F1 to try to win as many races and WDC as he can, not to entertain racing fans with intra team battles. He is no stupid and knows another top driver in the team is a receipt for disaster, it only works if you have a car as dominant as RBR 2011 and there's a big chance he's never going to have a car so superior. Again nobody seems to have a problem with RBR not going for Hamilton or Kimi and instead they decided to sign Webber, a great #2 driver. Where you see weakness and insecurity I see smart team decisions, the goal is to maximize the chances of winning titles.

Edited by showtime, 01 December 2012 - 13:51.

#232 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 14:46

Where you see weakness and insecurity I see smart team decisions, the goal is to maximize the chances of winning titles.

Well said.

#233 tkulla

tkulla

• 3,165 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 16:08

Are you implying that Ferrari sabotaged Massa's car? Why no the same question about Mark's RBR after he signed another year for RBR? He was in front and suddenly... That's what I don't get, the double standards, if Ferrari or Alonso are involved there's always something bad to say or made up. Massa himself explained how he struggled at the beginning of the season and then he started working harder to adapt to the car and he got better and better, not that one day it was shit and the following the car was on rails. It would have been stupid anyway, a better Massa could have helped more than what he did in the first part of the season. There are a lot of possible explanations for Massa's improvement, if we go by his words he has worked all season to tame that car a make it more to his liking. There's also the last upgrades that only Alonso had and maybe they disturbed the balance of the car, let's not forget they were desperate attempts to improve the car, not normal scheduled upgrades.
As for the team mate debate, he is in F1 to try to win as many races and WDC as he can, not to entertain racing fans with intra team battles. He is no stupid and knows another top driver in the team is a receipt for disaster, it only works if you have a car as dominant as RBR 2011 and there's a big chance he's never going to have a car so superior. Again nobody seems to have a problem with RBR not going for Hamilton or Kimi and instead they decided to sign Webber, a great #2 driver. Where you see weakness and insecurity I see smart team decisions, the goal is to maximize the chances of winning titles.

RBR is a team making a decision to maintain the harmony within that team, which would have been disrupted by a driver like Lewis. With Kimi is was probably a question of whether he would even be as good as Webber after being away from F1. It turns out that he was quite good indeed, but that wasn't a certainty back then.

With Ferrari its Fernando calling the shots. It's amazing, really. The team takes the blame for everything and constantly talks up Fernando even when he's dissing the car (in the old days this would get you fired even if your name was Prost). And it appears he gets to choose his teammate as well. I'd bet that he was the real reason that Perez or Hulk didn't get the 2nd seat there.

#234 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 16:39

Fernando Alonso ‏@alo_oficial

Llegando a Valencia!!! Ganas de ver a toda la familia Ferrari y a los aficionados! Arriving Valencia! #forzaferrari

Arriving to Valencia! Looking forward to seeing all the Ferrari family and fans!

Fernando will be in the Ferrari World Finals tomorrow, I think he and Felipe will be driving the F1 car.

#235 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,074 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 16:42

RBR is a team making a decision to maintain the harmony within that team, which would have been disrupted by a driver like Lewis. With Kimi is was probably a question of whether he would even be as good as Webber after being away from F1. It turns out that he was quite good indeed, but that wasn't a certainty back then.

With Ferrari its Fernando calling the shots. It's amazing, really. The team takes the blame for everything and constantly talks up Fernando even when he's dissing the car (in the old days this would get you fired even if your name was Prost). And it appears he gets to choose his teammate as well. I'd bet that he was the real reason that Perez or Hulk didn't get the 2nd seat there.

So RBR is maintaining team harmony, but Ferrari is a nasty example of favouritism. Double standards much?

#236 tkulla

tkulla

• 3,165 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 20:50

So RBR is maintaining team harmony, but Ferrari is a nasty example of favouritism. Double standards much?

You're attributing statements to me that I didn't make. I have no problem with a team making decisions to benefit the team. I do have a problem with a driver mandating that teams make certain decisions. Of course any team is free to let a driver have that kind of power, but I don't have to like it.

#237 Claudius

Claudius

• 2,277 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:28

Alonsos "samurai - honour" thingy seems a bit misplaced.

To me he is more of a Borgia than a samurai.

#238 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,792 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:39

Ferrari did it again.

10 for Alonso, 7 for Ferrari - Domenicali

http://totalf1.com/d...ri__Domenicali/

Outside of a few Alonso haters, just about every F1 fan knows that Alonso is a great driver - universally accepted as 1 of the 3 best drivers in the F1. Why is the need for Ferrari to keep harping on Alonso's greatness while downplaying their own car is beyond me.

#239 superuser

superuser

• 55 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:46

Outside of a few Alonso haters, just about every F1 fan knows that Alonso is a great driver - universally accepted as 1 of the 3 best drivers in the F1. Why is the need for Ferrari to keep harping on Alonso's greatness while downplaying their own car is beyond me.

Love it, or hate it, it's how Alonso operates. What's the point for the team to "correct" Alonso's statements and make him unhappy with the corresponding worse performance. When you are investing so much money in one driver, you have to keep him happy even if he makes some ridiculous demands and takes all the fame. After all, I think that Alonso's driving this year saved the behinds of quite a few people at Ferrari.

Advertisement

#240 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:00

Ferrari did it again.

10 for Alonso, 7 for Ferrari - Domenicali

http://totalf1.com/d...ri__Domenicali/

lol. they asked Stefano to give an score to Alonso and Ferrari, he said 10 for Fernando, he said 9 for Ferrari but because we didn't won the title, I give to the team a 7. He was answering a question in Spain asked by Spanish journalists.

cut him some slack, jesus.

#241 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,683 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:50

After all, I think that Alonso's driving this year saved the behinds of quite a few people at Ferrari.

I think this is very true. In the early season, when the car was poor out of the box, he bought them time. Had they fallen out of contention for the championship early on, heads could have rolled and, in my opinion, this would have set Ferrari back even for next year.

#242 TigersWood

TigersWood

• 132 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:58

I think Alonso saved Domenicali seat. And Stefano knows it.

#243 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,683 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:28

I think Alonso saved Domenicali seat. And Stefano knows it.

It seems that Fernando and Lewis (and maybe others) can produce the goods (or some goods anyway) even when the car is difficult. Massa and Button (and maybe others) do not seem to be able to do this. For team bosses personally, having a driver like Fernando or Lewis can save their necks, or at least buy them time the car is improved.

If I were Stefano Domenicalli, I would see Massa as someone whose inconsistency has the potential to get me fired. If both drivers had performed at Massa's level in early 2012, Stefano would be gone.

#244 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,828 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:33

Our good friend Jenson Button has talked about Fernando again, what a surprise!, not only he said that he could give Fernando a run for his money but he also said that his best overtake in F1 was against Fernando in 2004. He also said that he would like to be his teammate but he rejected a Ferrari offer this year. I think he is obsessed.

#245 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 22:52

Our good friend Jenson Button has talked about Fernando again, what a surprise!, not only he said that he could give Fernando a run for his money but he also said that his best overtake in F1 was against Fernando in 2004. He also said that he would like to be his teammate but he rejected a Ferrari offer this year. I think he is obsessed.

Actually I find it cute really, it's like if Jenson was jealous that other drivers are getting Alonso's attention rather than him. I'm not saying this with sarcasm, I really think Jenson wants some attention from Alonso. It's kind of cute really, I cannot dislike Jenson for such comments.

Edited by Creepy, 02 December 2012 - 22:53.

#246 Menace

Menace

• 12,306 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:09

And then, to be one of the greats of Formula 1, it’s not enough to win titles, you must also tackle seasons like the one just ended. Next year? I hope to score three or four point more.”

If there was any confusion in the other thread why I said what I did. Now you can tackle on the semantics and what not, but to me its a pretty clear what he implied, and hence my comment.

Edited by Menace, 03 December 2012 - 03:10.

#247 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:57

If there was any confusion in the other thread why I said what I did. Now you can tackle on the semantics and what not, but to me its a pretty clear what he implied, and hence my comment.

her·ald (hrld)

n
1. to announce publicly
2. to precede or usher in

It's quite different to herald himself as the greatest which means to proclaim himself the greatest than to say that in order to be considered one of the greats you have to tackle seasons like 2012 and others.

You're quite funny. You claim Fernando heralds himself as the greatest yet you can provide no proof of what you claim. :lol:

To be one of the greatest

Is far from saying

I am one of the greatest
Or to quote your exact response, heralding himself as one of the greatest

Sorry mate but your biased has been exposed. Here's your quote below so that none of the facts may be misrepresented.

Have you heard Vettel herald himself as "one of the Greats" despite having more WDC's then Alonso?

That is what I thought, this is the part of Alonso that really does make him seem awfully self conceded.

#248 Menace

Menace

• 12,306 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:52

Thanks for the quote. Indeed I did not say he said he was the greatest.

This is a trait for Alonso, he throws in these little snippets but I guess it's just that English isn't his first language.

"Herald" might have been the wrong choice of a word if you want to nit pick, but the implication is there for all to see. Even for you. :cat:

Edited by Menace, 03 December 2012 - 08:16.

#249 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:12

"people call me samurai" "as one of the greats of F1" - lol. Telfonso needs to see a shrink.

#250 Infinityl

Infinityl

• 180 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:04

Well, some people have Vettel as one of the greatest drivers, so why not Alonso?

What Vettel is doing in F1 is awesome, and only a few can do it, Schumacher show he can do it, Button show us he can do it too, and only a few more drivers had the luck to be in the strongest car in the right moment.
But there is a difference with Alonso, he has not the best car and still fighting. This year for example, when Red Bull was only a bit better than Ferrari, Vettel was 44 points behind Alonso, and he need again a strong dominant car to win races and take the championship. I have seen Schumacher in the 3rd car, and finish about 70 less than the champion in a 10 point per victory championship. If Michael in 2005 was finished 7-8 points behind Alonso he would have won my respect more than with 7 titles.

Some of you will say this is not true, even someone will say Red Bull is not better than Ferrari (i have read this) but this is how most people see it. I dont see Vettel fighting for a WDC with a Ferrari 2012 against a Red Bull 2012. Same with 2010.

This is why there is a lot of people who consider Alonso as one of the best, because without the right car, he still fighting for the WDC.