Photo

Will Alonso ever win another title?

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#151 Ramses1348

Ramses1348

• 576 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:57

He is the best driver on the grid, so if ferrari delivers a dominant/very strong car, he'll win many more!

Edited by Ramses1348, 28 November 2012 - 01:57.

Advertisement

#152 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,195 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:11

As long as Newey is alive it doesn't look like Ferrari is going to be stronger than Red Bull.
This is something I thought quite long ago when I saw other Alonso fans trusting season by season that "this will be our season" but I saw a dog of a car in that Renault and thought, hey, he might never win a title again. So yes he might not win another one.

It's very very difficult to be champion, there's only one and most times it depends on the car being dominant. I think Raikkonen, Alonso, Hamilton, Button and others would win easily with that RB. But I don't see Vettel winning with the F2012 to be honest.

#153 exmayol

exmayol

• 554 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:06

Any time the car is competitive he is fighting for the championship. 2007, 2010 and 2012 were close but haven't not materialized. It is very possible that next few attempts will work out differently thus give him few more titles. In fact if next year RBR / SV slips I would expect Ferrari / FA to win it all.

#154 Bartel

Bartel

• 887 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:22

he has to be favourite for next year surely. RBR are gonna struggle to do four in a row, Mclaren have no drivers and Mercedes will need a year to regroup. It's vettel or Alonso next year so you'd think with such a reliable car Ferrari can take a few risks.

What the hell has 4 in a row got to do with all the tea in china?

#155 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,896 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:12

Indeed, if you bring off-topic stuff you have to expect to be treated accordingly to such manners (this isn't your blog). And do as you wish.

And I don't think it has to be late really. If Alonso wins the next season or the next two ones (which is possible), at the end that will be what it matters, not what Ferrari planned in 2009 for 2010 or whatever. It's basically the same for most drivers and teams really.

And yet, you keep debating off-topic yourself with other posters. Okay...

It is too late. This was not what Santander had in mind at all when they paid out Kimis contract and another 17 million I believe for 2010, just not to race for a rival team. Santander have paid a shitload of money to Ferrari over these years and yet no titles. The European financial crisis doesnt exactly make it better either. In short, not at all what the sponsors expected when they brought in Alonso. Wins are great. But they cannot compare with titles.

Like I said, they could very well win next year. They seemingly have a better chance with Hamilton moving to Mercedes. One less to take off points from Alonso. Unless the Merc is a rocket of course.
But the ever thorn in his side, Vettel, will always be there. For the rest of his career.

And thanks for mentioning my blog btw. Got a lot of new readers from that  ;)

#156 apoka

apoka

• 3,572 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:45

Alonsos contract runs til the end of 2015 right. So if Vettel comes in 2016, that would give Alonso three more chances for more titles.

I think it is 2016 with an option for 2017 (and possibly longer of course). That's why I think (or roughly calculated) that there is an 80+ % chance that he will win another title.

#157 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:05

As long as Newey is alive it doesn't look like Ferrari is going to be stronger than Red Bull.
This is something I thought quite long ago when I saw other Alonso fans trusting season by season that "this will be our season" but I saw a dog of a car in that Renault and thought, hey, he might never win a title again. So yes he might not win another one.
It's very very difficult to be champion, there's only one and most times it depends on the car being dominant. I think Raikkonen, Alonso, Hamilton, Button and others would win easily with that RB. But I don't see Vettel winning with the F2012 to be honest.

That is not certain. This years Ferrari was seen as a dog of a car, but the Red Bull was also not as dominating as 2011 and they also had their share of problems to make the car fast. The best car over the whole season (by pure speed) was the McLaten, yet they made too many mistakes to use this speed.

In the next years there could be titles won by Merc or Lotus even. But there could also be a year when Ferrari brings a very good car and Newey a not so good (by his standards) which might be enough for Fernando.

If I look at the drivers there are at least 5 drivers in the field who are likely to win the WDC given the best car. (Lewis, Button, Vettel, Alonso and Kimi) Maybe there are even more driver in the field, who would do this with the best car. (Massa, Hulk, Perez, Maldonado,... ??)

#158 stuck-in-first-gear

stuck-in-first-gear

• 1,856 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:12

Not sure why it should become any easier for Alonso to win another title.

He is also getting older, has been trying to play mind games and relying heavily on his teammate during the closing stages of the season. Guess he is pretty exhausted after this season, especially considering the final outcome.

You could say that his car got better as the season continued, but his relative performance superiority versus Massa also faded.

Vettel on the other hand is still comparatively young and still seems to be hungry enough for even more titles.

#159 Der Pate

Der Pate

• 624 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:19

I really don´t understand this thread...

Now we can open threads for every driver asking the question, if they will get another title or at least one...

Advertisement

#160 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,739 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:45

Number of driver titles is actually a very difficult thing to predict. It depends on being at the right team at the right time, at the peak of your skills and/or with the right team-mate. Look back at similar predictions over the years and you'll find people being way off, because they expected different teams to be at the top, and some drivers' worth have completely plumetted unexpectedly, whereas others have come from nowhere and stole the titles from the expected winners.

After 1997 you would have expected Villeneuve to bag 3 or 4 titles in the coming decade (with Hakkinen only being an afterthought of a possibility). After 2002/2003/2004 people expected Montoya and Raikkonen to share between them the upcoming championships for many years. After 2007/2008 Button would never be in anyone's list of champions, and you'd expect Alonso and Hamilton to dominate the following seasons. Vettel would be a possibility but certainly unexpected to grab 3 titles so soon.

But nevertheless it's worth trying to make an educated guess. Which teams are going to be at the top the next few seasons? Red Bull have little reason to drop off, unless complacency and fatigue kick in or they lose Vettel - but then he'd go to Ferrari and either take Alonso away from the seat or difficult things for him as a team-mate. Ferrari has lacked an edge over the last few seasons, but has a strong structure still in place and has been very close, so should be there to capitalize. McLaren is a very similar case to Ferrari, but lack a top driver at the moment (although that is misleading, because that won't last for long - a top driver can be hired whenever one becomes available, or a youngster may become one), and look a little insecure for the future no longer having a manufacturer onboard. Mercedes have a lot to catch up but have the structure and a top driver now, and are possible challengers if they get the new regs right. All others led by Lotus have little chance but showing up with a great car from nowhere has happened in F1 before, and could be facilitated by the reg changes.

Then there's the risk of driver worth plummetting. Alonso is a special case because the risk there is far lesser than for Hamilton or Vettel or any of his competitors. That is because he has fought for championships in 3 different teams, so his performance isn't very environment-dependent, which could still prove to be the case for his competitors. He can be reliably expected to remain at the top of his game for another 4 or 5 years, until age could catch up (through motivation or inherent drop in speed). That said, get Vettel as a team-mate and things could go suddenly wrong, or what happens if Massa's form from the past 2 races becomes permanent? Or what if he has a bad accident? All of these scenarios are unlikely but still add up to the negative odds. It's also worth noting that unlike previous "best drivers in the grid", like Schumacher in the mid-90s or early-noughties, he has a VERY fierce generation of competitors to drive against, featuring another 4 champions and many quick promising youngsters.

All things considered I think he has a good chance of becoming champion again, but 80% as suggested here before seems far too high an estimate. There's a lot more risk than that in the team factors alone even if he's driving a Ferrari. Driver factor risks are lower but still significant. I'd put my estimate at just about on the positive side of 50%. It's likely, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

In other words, hurry up and go get it soon Fred, because there's a billion things that could go wrong later.

#161 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:49

Number of driver titles is actually a very difficult thing to predict. It depends on being at the right team at the right time, at the peak of your skills and/or with the right team-mate. Look back at similar predictions over the years and you'll find people being way off, because they expected different teams to be at the top, and some drivers' worth have completely plumetted unexpectedly, whereas others have come from nowhere and stole the titles from the expected winners.

After 1997 you would have expected Villeneuve to bag 3 or 4 titles in the coming decade (with Hakkinen only being an afterthought of a possibility). After 2002/2003/2004 people expected Montoya and Raikkonen to share between them the upcoming championships for many years. After 2007/2008 Button would never be in anyone's list of champions, and you'd expect Alonso and Hamilton to dominate the following seasons. Vettel would be a possibility but certainly unexpected to grab 3 titles so soon.

But nevertheless it's worth trying to make an educated guess. Which teams are going to be at the top the next few seasons? Red Bull have little reason to drop off, unless complacency and fatigue kick in or they lose Vettel - but then he'd go to Ferrari and either take Alonso away from the seat or difficult things for him as a team-mate. Ferrari has lacked an edge over the last few seasons, but has a strong structure still in place and has been very close, so should be there to capitalize. McLaren is a very similar case to Ferrari, but lack a top driver at the moment (although that is misleading, because that won't last for long - a top driver can be hired whenever one becomes available, or a youngster may become one), and look a little insecure for the future no longer having a manufacturer onboard. Mercedes have a lot to catch up but have the structure and a top driver now, and are possible challengers if they get the new regs right. All others led by Lotus have little chance but showing up with a great car from nowhere has happened in F1 before, and could be facilitated by the reg changes.

Then there's the risk of driver worth plummetting. Alonso is a special case because the risk there is far lesser than for Hamilton or Vettel or any of his competitors. That is because he has fought for championships in 3 different teams, so his performance isn't very environment-dependent, which could still prove to be the case for his competitors. He can be reliably expected to remain at the top of his game for another 4 or 5 years, until age could catch up (through motivation or inherent drop in speed). That said, get Vettel as a team-mate and things could go suddenly wrong, or what happens if Massa's form from the past 2 races becomes permanent? Or what if he has a bad accident? All of these scenarios are unlikely but still add up to the negative odds. It's also worth noting that unlike previous "best drivers in the grid", like Schumacher in the mid-90s or early-noughties, he has a VERY fierce generation of competitors to drive against, featuring another 4 champions and many quick promising youngsters.

All things considered I think he has a good chance of becoming champion again, but 80% as suggested here before seems far too high an estimate. There's a lot more risk than that in the team factors alone even if he's driving a Ferrari. Driver factor risks are lower but still significant. I'd put my estimate at just about on the positive side of 50%. It's likely, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

A good post. I feel pretty much the same. Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. Pundits have been terribly wrong in the past, which is no surprise and the examples show that things can go very differently. The rules are stable for 2013 which should make a big shake-up more difficult but 2014 could mix things up a great deal.

Edited by H2H, 28 November 2012 - 12:51.

#162 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,465 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 17:14

He's got the talent. He's got a team that should be able to do it. He's got some years left in him. I don't see why he can't.

Will he? We can't say for sure. Moss never won it, despite having those things and coming close a number of times. Things can change quickly in F1.

#163 JKTRacing

JKTRacing

• 184 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 17:42

Wow so many trolls "hoping" he doesnt win because he doesnt deserve it, this forum used to be for people who used to love F1 more than a driver, kind of sad to see.

Anyway, he will win one since he still has quite a few years in a top team, and he is one of the most talented drivers on the grid today (if you listen to the drivers themselves, they think he is the best on the grid).

#164 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 17:53

He will.

#165 MP422

MP422

• 1,928 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 17:54

It'll be a travesty if Fred doesn't get at least another championship to his name.

LOL, a travesty !!!!

#166 Eff One 2002

Eff One 2002

• 916 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 20:22

I'd be extremely surprised if he doesn't.

#167 pUs

pUs

• 2,543 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:18

At the moment perhaps he might still be in with a chance. We all know Ferrari got pretty good lawyers, don't underestimate them. :D

Edited by pUs, 30 November 2012 - 08:19.

#168 HP

HP

• 14,311 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:18

He's got the talent. He's got a team that should be able to do it. He's got some years left in him. I don't see why he can't.

Will he? We can't say for sure. Moss never won it, despite having those things and coming close a number of times. Things can change quickly in F1.

+1

#169 skinnylizard

skinnylizard

• 9,638 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:32

In other words, hurry up and go get it soon Fred, because there's a billion things that could go wrong later.

whoa.. that hits the nail on the head. you keep making sense and you will be lynched sooner or late.

#170 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,797 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:17

Mind you, not even remotely close to Red Bull's tactical error to bring Seb in for options when the rain started. All they had to do was to cover Alonso, yet they were the first to blink and got it terribly wrong.

That was a huge mistake by Red Bull, and quite possibly the biggest mistake they had made all year with Sebastian's pitstop.

And they compounded that error by wasting loads of time with the 2nd pit stop a lap or two later. Mind you, they didn't have radio contact with Sebastian but at the very least, they could have anticipated Sebastian coming in again as it was raining quite heavily then.

#171 matzy

matzy

• 54 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:04

I don't believe Alonso is the most talented driver out there - In fact, I can think of at least three drivers that have more raw talent ... but he is undoubtedly the most reliable, dogged, and determined driver out there and by some margin, with a healthy amount of talent on top!

You have to believe that, bearing in mind all of the above, he must be capable of winning again, given the opportunity to do so. The fact he almost won it this year is testament to him ... I just wish he and Ferrari just walked away from Brazil heads held high as worthy runners up.

Edited by matzy, 30 November 2012 - 12:06.

#172 Coco18

Coco18

• 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:27

Schumacher won the 3rd WDC ih the 5th year at Ferrari.

#173 CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

• 469 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:42

If Ferrari can give him a fast, reliable car, i'd say he can be double WDC the next 2 years.

#174 rubbersoul

rubbersoul

• 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:43

Schumacher won the 3rd WDC ih the 5th year at Ferrari.

yep, but Kimi won the title in the first year. Kimi took them all the pressures and expectations are really great, with iceman style.

#175 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 13:26

yep, but Kimi won the title in the first year. Kimi took them all the pressures and expectations are really great, with iceman style.

..and than, the very next year, Kimi got his clock cleaned by his team-mate Felipe Massa - would that too, have been in "great, iceman style?" :p

#176 rubbersoul

rubbersoul

• 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 13:43

..and than, the very next year, Kimi got his clock cleaned by his team-mate Felipe Massa - would that too, have been in "great, iceman style?" :p

Well, the 2008 results do not necessarily tell the whole story. I think that Kimi lost the support team of Santander and Alonso came along. That's why Kim's results had to show modest.

#177 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 14:00

the same happened tbh with Alonso in 2nd half of this season

#178 rubbersoul

rubbersoul

• 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 14:07

the same happened tbh with Alonso in 2nd half of this season

....and will continue in the next season, if Ferrari allows :)

#179 John Player

John Player

• 445 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 14:08

Depends on Ferrari being able to give him a fast car and how many years he can still perform at a high level, Massa is now faster than him...

Advertisement

#180 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 14:44

Depends on many levels on how his team mate performs.

#181 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,224 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 17:54

The topic here is whether Alonso will win a third title. What Raikkonen and Schumacher have done beforehand is off-topic and is not relevant to this thread. Thanks.

#182 sharo

sharo

• 1,790 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 18:54

I think there is a decisive factor for Alonso's third title missing there at Ferrari. It's called Flavio Briatore.

#183 MP422

MP422

• 1,928 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 19:46

Honestly he is certainly capable so yes, I think he can...... can Ferrari ?

#184 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,528 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 19:53

Assuming he stays at Ferrari for the rest of his career, I certainly hope so.

#185 rubbersoul

rubbersoul

• 31 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 19:57

Assuming he stays at Ferrari for the rest of his career, I certainly hope so.

... or as long as is involved in Santander :smoking:

#186 sopa

sopa

• 3,226 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 20:03

I'd say at the moment Alonso is more likely to win another title than Hamilton. But who knows, after three years the tables could turn.
Also I think Alonso is slightly more likely to add another title than Button. Although I am not sure, because McLaren was really fast in the end of 2012 and if they could keep it up.
Alonso is also more likely than Raikkonen unless Lotus impresses more, but who knows with 2014 regulations.
The challenge of a young gun like Hulkenberg, Perez, Ricciardo, etc in the right car remains to be seen.

I am saying all this because unless you expect Vettel to rack up all the titles until 2016 (4 more of them, which would make him tie with Schumi), then who else is likely to win during the same period? Alonso stands a good chance compared to other drivers, but you can never be completely sure as 2009 showed.

#187 Lone

Lone

• 659 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 20:36

The driver with the best car usually wins the title. If Alonso has the best car he will win the title. Any driver without the best car only wins the title if everything goes his way in the championship. However there are some drivers who have the talent to win a championship without the best car and Alonso is one of them but only if things ges his way.

#188 caso

caso

• 169 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 20:55

In my opinion Alonso is currently one of the best drivers of the field and he has a seat in a frontrunning car.

So yes, I am convinced that he will win another title during the following years.

Why is this question even raised now? He is only 31 years old and contracted until 2016, which means
he'll have more opportunities to become WDC again.

#189 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,625 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 19:28

If he doesn't win another title he will be a good candidate for best 2xWDC ever.

#190 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 20:11

If he doesn't win another title he will be a good candidate for best 2xWDC ever.

Hard to beat Alberto and Jimmy in my book, but third is still not a bad score :)

#191 Gorma

Gorma

• 1,533 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 20:26

Painful but also very remarkable stat. It says a lot about his quality, his zeal and his application.

Loses when the going gets tough?

#192 Gorma

Gorma

• 1,533 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 20:35

Depends on Ferrari being able to give him a fast car and how many years he can still perform at a high level, Massa is now faster than him...

The thing is that if Ferrari builds a good car, Massa is also quicker. Massa is quick a hell when the car fits him. This was pretty evident in the years 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. In 2007, 2010, 2011 the car did not suit him, but in 2008 and latter part of 2012 the car suited him. When it comes to absolute speed Massa is quicker than Alonso. Alonso is just an allround better driver who can drive a car fast even if it does not suit him.

#193 fisssssi

fisssssi

• 1,062 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 21:46

Hello, 2008 called and want their drivers back. Did you watch any races in the last 3 years?

Edited by fisssssi, 01 December 2012 - 21:47.

#194 BillBald

BillBald

• 3,674 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 00:22

Sorry if this point has already been made, but at the time of Alonzo´s last pit stop I was thinking, they have to fit full wets. The weather was closing in and the track was already wetter than at any other time in the race. Fred still had 15 laps to do something about Jenson's 20 second lead, and it was never going to happen with intermediates. They had nothing to lose and everything to gain, and, had they gambled on full wets, I believe he might have won the race and the championship, and if not, it would have been desparately close anyway.
It was a poor tactical error on Ferrari´s part I feel. Anyone else agree?

Jenson stopped a lap later, so it was basically McLaren who were covering Alonso. It's possible that if Alonso had fitted full wets, McLaren might still have fitted inters.

I suppose Ferrari could have made it harder for McLaren, by putting Alonso and Massa on different tyres.

#195 mnmracer

mnmracer

• 1,972 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 00:44

Hello, 2008 called and want their drivers back. Did you watch any races in the last 3 years?

There's quite a couple races that can be watched to support that statement ;-)
So asking about any races is a bit rich.

#196 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,071 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 00:44

+1 Couldn't agree more with all that you said. :up:

#197 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,071 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:16

There's quite a couple races that can be watched to support that statement ;-)
So asking about any races is a bit rich.

Come on man. "Quite a couple"?? I'd love to know what races you're speaking of. Korea, Massa was 7 seconds off Fer, India he(Massa) wasn't close to the podium, Abu Dhabi wasn't close, I'll give you Austin although I wouldn't say Felipe raced better than Fernando but of course Quali'd better than him and the same thing goes for Brazil.

People tend to forget that Felipe wasn't fighting for anything, he had nothing to lose. Drivers that are in contention for a Champioship towards the end of the year, yeah, they don't take the same risks they did earlier in the season and don't take the same risks as those not in contention. They are cautious because everything is still on the line. Webber out-Quali'd Seb the last 2 out of 3 races. Much like Fernando & Felipe. That's not just coincidence.

It's just amazing how one teammate can clearly beat(polite) his teammate for 17 out of 20 races. But in the last 3 races where there are mixed results, the driver who has been on top all season is suddenly slower. This is preposterous. I touched on this in the Massa thread, contrary to popular belief, Felipe is not a chump. Yes he struggled much of the season. At the end we finally got to see the Felipe we've seen before, fast. Fernando Alonso is most certainly beatable, by his teammate, by other drivers. But the end of this season where Felipe was competitive with his teammate is not an indication that Felipe is quicker. But to each his own.

#198 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:30

It's just amazing how one teammate can clearly beat(polite) his teammate for 17 out of 20 races. But in the last 3 races where there are mixed results, the driver who has been on top all season is suddenly slower. This is preposterous. I touched on this in the Massa thread, contrary to popular belief, Felipe is not a chump. Yes he struggled much of the season. At the end we finally got to see the Felipe we've seen before, fast. Fernando Alonso is most certainly beatable, by his teammate, by other drivers. But the end of this season where Felipe was competitive with his teammate is not an indication that Felipe is quicker. But to each his own.

Fernando said it all along that Felipe is a very fast teammate, pushing him, and he was right. No one moaned when Fernando said it, but few believed it. Also, it was the veto of Fernando that kept Felipe in the team - at that time there were voices all the way up to Montezemolo saying that only Ferrari decided who was in the team, because Alonso's pledge for Massa was so strong that many believed Felipe stayed in the team only because Fer wanted so.

So besides some jealous fans (jealous of Alonso, as neither Kimi nor Seb really can budge an inch with Fernando, unless they have superior material or politics on their side) no one ever made anything out of Felipe being faster than Fernando for three out of 17 races this year - Vettel had his races when Webber was better, Lewis had his share of races when Jenson was better. Nothing spectacular - we can start talking when Felipe is better in 11 races out of 20....

#199 Morbus

Morbus

• 450 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:40

RBR are gonna struggle to do four in a row

When Ferrari last did it, they were kind of going dominant, going back to nearly not wining it, so if you consider RBR almost missed it in '10, were dominant in '11 and almost missed it again in '12... Then again, it's remarkably hard to win two championships in a row, as a team, so maybe it's the second one that's harder, and so the forth being the second second...

Mclaren have no drivers

They have Button, who's finished in the top three of the championship twice over the last four years, while Hamilton hasn't finished in the top three at all in the last four years, and they have an up and coming hopeful that impressed greatly, at least myself.

Mercedes will need a year to regroup.

Will they? I don't really know what to say about they straight fall in performance this year. Maybe they were focusing on next year's car? Maybe not, it was probably just the whole mess with the double DRS, but I wouldn't know.

Anyway, I'd like to think Alonso biggest thread is Massa, given how well he drove on the last few races this years, but I know better. Alonso is a fantastic driver. It's just his team that sucks balls.

Ferrari won't win another title again. Not until they completely change their team.

Advertisement

#200 Morbus

Morbus

• 450 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:51

Felipe is not a chump.

He spoke Portuguese for his 3rd place on his home race...

And he's not a chump...

We don't see the German drivers speaking German on their home race when they WIN, or Alonso in Spain, or Kamui in Japan... But little Felipe Baby has to go all tears and snot because poor Felipe Baby is bullied by his team and couldn't go for the win... Just grow a pair already and be a man somewhere else, not on a team that treats you like that!

For sure...