Rally 2013

• Please log in to reply
2190 replies to this topic

#201 GeoffR

GeoffR

• 486 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:25

You say exciting, I say retarded......

Maybe this gives a more appropriate view of the 'excitement' .....

Advertisement

#202 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,541 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 13:29

Retarded? I didn't see any retardation at all there! Wrong tyres, on snow, downhill = not stopping until you hit something, which in the end it didn't, luckily.

But I was talking about the car, not the driver...

he's lucky he didnt kill someone

#203 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,541 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 13:31

Maybe this gives a more appropriate view of the 'excitement' .....

what does a group b car have to do with this?
Bit like saying a Group A 1.9 205 GTI is spectacular and using a video of a 205 T16 to prove your point.....

#204 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,205 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 20:31

No idea how reliable:
Valentín Pérez ‏@ValentinPrz

Basso, Rossetti, Kubica, Tänak, Breen o Wallenwein son algunos de los pilotos que se sumarían al #FIAERC en Rally Islas Canarias.

I don't know this Valentín Pérez, so I can't really tell. But, usually, rallying news coming from Spain (except from Pipo López and the guys who usually cover the F1) are okay. Most of the people writing about it are really involved in the sport and have good contacts.

#205 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,877 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 20:51

long time till march...

#206 BRG

BRG

• 11,513 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 21:06

he's lucky he didnt kill someone

Perhaps, but fortunately Austrian rally spectators seem to be more sensible than some and didn't stand in what would have been a very stupid place.

#207 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,516 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:14

Kopecky wins by 0.5 of a second while Bouffier once again proves that he hasn't quite got it........

A bit harsh to be bashing him when the margins between winning and losing are so fine, no?

I only watched the first day highlights, looking forward to the vid of the 2nd day (haven't downloaded yet), looks like it was a very nice start to the year.

Am not thrilled by the Eurosport coverage but it could've been worse too!

#208 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,877 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:35

can anyone post links to highlights (or PM me if it is against BB rules)?

#209 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,541 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:53

A bit harsh to be bashing him when the margins between winning and losing are so fine, no?

I only watched the first day highlights, looking forward to the vid of the 2nd day (haven't downloaded yet), looks like it was a very nice start to the year.

Am not thrilled by the Eurosport coverage but it could've been worse too!

He lost a 30 second lead in 3 stages - says it all really.

Eurosport coverage was ok except for that blithering fool Carlton Kirby......
His funniest mistake had to be at the end when he's rambling on about how the Colin McRae flat out award can only have been won by kopecky even though they've been showing clips of Harrach the whole time he's been talking including a clip of him recieving the award..... :drunk:

#210 EightGear

EightGear

• 411 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 17:38

can anyone post links to highlights (or PM me if it is against BB rules)?

They're on Youtube as well. If you search for something like 'Janner Rally 2013' you will have no hard time to find them.

#211 BRG

BRG

• 11,513 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 19:15

Bear in mind that he wasn't in Austria, nor is he in SOuth America for the Dakar, but is in Paris pretending to be in both places. So heaven knows how he gets his information. All this is not Kirby's fault but reflects Eurosports' miniscule budget. Most of which is spent on tennis and snooker.

#212 DrProzac

DrProzac

• 1,894 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 20:03

It wasn't a bad rally and the highlights weren't that awful either :)

Very nice battle in the production car cup, shame that Kajto lost the lead though.

Despite this, Robert Kubica must be happy with the result (being a "Kopecky FAN") :D I wonder when the announcement will be made..

BTW I think Kirby didn't meant say that Kopecky won the Colin McRae trophy. He said that "you coouldn't give it to anyone else, could you?" ..." hehehehe" ... "Jan Kopecky, wins his second Janner rally in a row" (Kopecky being in the background). Just his style of commentary (annoying to many)

Edited by DrProzac, 07 January 2013 - 20:36.

#213 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,557 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 00:25

He lost a 30 second lead in 3 stages - says it all really.

His funniest mistake had to be at the end when he's rambling on about how the Colin McRae flat out award can only have been won by kopecky even though they've been showing clips of Harrach the whole time he's been talking including a clip of him recieving the award..... :drunk:

Exactly. All Kopecky had to do once he got the puncture was drive a bit closer to the limit and then he destroyed Bouffier's lead. He demonstrated in 3 stages the gulf in class between the two drivers, as Kopecky had clearly been managing his lead with Bouffier straining to keep up until then.

Kudos to local champ Baumschlager for keeping Bouffier honest too.

#214 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,541 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:11

BTW I think Kirby didn't meant say that Kopecky won the Colin McRae trophy. He said that "you coouldn't give it to anyone else, could you?" ..." hehehehe" ... "Jan Kopecky, wins his second Janner rally in a row" (Kopecky being in the background). Just his style of commentary (annoying to many)

He then apologised and said that Harrach actually won the flat out award though so he did think Kopecky won it....
Yes I know he's in Paris but he also hasn't a clue about rallying

Have to agree with Danardi about Baumschlager though - brilliant performance

#215 JimmyTheFox

JimmyTheFox

• 82 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:30

So Motors TV will be home of the WRC 2013 in the UK?

Red Bull are no better than the last set of clowns in charge.

#216 ArnageWRC

ArnageWRC

• 1,081 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:39

Has anything been announced? Maybe MotorsTV are the only station who want the WRC. Why would any free to air TV station put it on? The reason it went from Ch4, ITV1, ITV4, Dave is because viewing figures were poor.

#217 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,541 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 13:40

So Motors TV will be home of the WRC 2013 in the UK?

Red Bull are no better than the last set of clowns in charge.

Source?

#218 skywing

skywing

• 706 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 13:50

So a week remaining to Monte and haven't seen the entry list here yet: http://www.acm.mc/do...NGAGES_2013.pdf

Also some other news, Jarkko Nikara will drive the Mini WRC in Sweden, also negotiating about other rallies.

#219 ArnageWRC

ArnageWRC

• 1,081 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 20:56

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

"Do we have any Rallyfans in the house...".......

And at 11:25 - still no deal with RedBull.....yet.

Advertisement

#220 CrossF1

CrossF1

• 95 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 21:03

They just didn't have the background sound in the video. Hence the silence during applause..

And VW has the best livery. Simple and nice. Ford's livery is quite.. erm.. different. Not ugly but not beautiful.

#221 EightGear

EightGear

• 411 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 22:02

Glass half empty, eh?

#222 ArnageWRC

ArnageWRC

• 1,081 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 22:36

Well apparently, according to a few on Twitter, RedBull started last week, so it's Go! If anybody is capable of sorting it out then they are. It will need patience, and won't be fixed soon, but we have to wish them luck.

#223 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:59

So WRC on Servus TV?

#224 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,205 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:33

So WRC on Servus TV?

The schedule is not the best one, actually it's quite miserable, but, at least, it looks they intend to show the highlights.
Schedule: http://www.servustv....011259476906277

Next Monday, they also have a Monte Carlo preview (at 22:35)

Dunno, I would expect a little bit more from them, if you're the promoter and have your own TV channel...

#225 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,877 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:51

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/105067

#226 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,541 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 14:01

I see Matt Wilson still thinks he's World Champion Material.....

"You never know what can happen, and I think at 25 there's still plenty of time.
Kris Meeke got his works Mini drive at 32."

He must have forgotten that Meeke had a reputation for being fast and the best development driver of all when he got that drive.
Oh, and he was IRC champion

#227 BRG

BRG

• 11,513 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 14:24

I see Matt Wilson still thinks he's World Champion Material.....

He must have forgotten that Meeke had a reputation for being fast and the best development driver of all when he got that drive.
Oh, and he was IRC champion

Not sure of the context of Wilson's quote? Is he aiming to drive in the WRC again this season, or what?

But he has a point. Meeke was indeed IRC Champion - but he was 30 years of age when he won it, so Wilson has another 5 years to find the necessary speed. Unlikely that he will, of course, but stranger things have happened. Until the recent mania for rally drivers still in short trousers, you wouldn't expect anyone to be competing seriously at the highest levels until they were knocking on for 30 or so. Even the late lamented Colin McRae was Wilson's age when he got his first works WRC drive whilst uber WR Champion Loeb was 28.

#228 ArnageWRC

ArnageWRC

• 1,081 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 14:37

Matt has never shown glimpses of outright pace. His best results have come with high attrition – and in the WRC’s weakest era. WRC2 may be his level – the ERC is probably too hot for him, with events he doesn’t know.

#229 sopa

sopa

• 2,878 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 17:47

Matt may be only 25, but considering he has already had five full WRC seasons, you would be hard-pressed to believe he has reserves for significant improvement in the future.

#230 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,557 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 19:37

So a week remaining to Monte and haven't seen the entry list here yet: http://www.acm.mc/do...NGAGES_2013.pdf

Also some other news, Jarkko Nikara will drive the Mini WRC in Sweden, also negotiating about other rallies.

If Loeb is listed as a manufacturer entry, does this mean that essentially Citroen aren't competing for the manufacturers title this year, as Loeb can only score in 4 rounds. Surely Loeb should be the 'team manufacturer' entry and Sordo the points-scoring one...

#231 EightGear

EightGear

• 411 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 19:48

If Loeb is listed as a manufacturer entry, does this mean that essentially Citroen aren't competing for the manufacturers title this year, as Loeb can only score in 4 rounds. Surely Loeb should be the 'team manufacturer' entry and Sordo the points-scoring one...

They only need to nominate 1 driver to do all 13 rounds. The 2nd driver may vary during the season. Hirvonen is the #1, Loeb #2. When Loeb doesn't compete, Sordo is #2.

But effectively, Loeb will of course drive with #1 on the car when he competes. When he doesn't, nobody will take that number.

Edited by EightGear, 11 January 2013 - 19:49.

#232 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,557 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 19:57

They only need to nominate 1 driver to do all 13 rounds. The 2nd driver may vary during the season. Hirvonen is the #1, Loeb #2. When Loeb doesn't compete, Sordo is #2.

But effectively, Loeb will of course drive with #1 on the car when he competes. When he doesn't, nobody will take that number.

So the 2nd points scorer can be changed... ok then. I was thinking that Citroen were hoping Loeb max scores in all 4 of his rallies (which he could well do) and that would be enough to help secure that title.

#233 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,690 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 21:04

The Quattro from Janner did more than sound good, and drive faaar off the road. It have a black belt in some sort of martial art!

http://www.youtube.c...p;v=dMf8j3rBzqY

#234 skywing

skywing

• 706 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 15:43

News about MotorsTV: @MotorsTV:Being as we're being asked a lot it's worth confirming: no, we won't be showing the WRC this year and no, we don't know who/if anyone will.

And the shakedown is tomorrow, proper Monte conditions as well :up: . https://twitter.com/...3076224/photo/1

#235 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,516 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 17:34

From the Portuguese Autosport - round 2 of the ERC in Latvia this February looks set to be pretty poor, as at the moment only 4 S2000s are confirmed: 2 Skodas for Janos Puskadi and Tlustak Antonin, 1 Mini for Raimond Kisiels and 1 Ford Fiesta RRC for Jari Ketomaa.

http://autosport.sap...scritos=f110031

#236 EightGear

EightGear

• 411 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 18:13

All top drivers will skip the Latvian round probably. From Canaries onwards it should be better. Kubica, Breen, Basso are all rumoured to join the series there.

#237 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,516 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:31

Monte Carlo: Latvala on the VW posts the fastest time in the 1st run of the shakedown, Hanninen on the Fiesta in the 2nd run.

Reigning PWRC champion Benito Guerra rumoured to be the 3rd official Citroen driver for his home Rally in Mexico, and is already in the Swedish Rally entry list with a DS3 WRC too - that's a private entry, though.

Actually the Swedish rally entry list looks brilliant with 20 WRCs! http://www.rallyswed...lingen/anmalda/

Citroen - Loeb, Hirvonen, Al-Qassimi, Sordo, Guerra
Ford - Ostberg, Novikov, Al-Attiyah, Neuville, Hanninen, H. Solberg, Prokop, Tidemand, Ketomaa, Gustafsson, Tamrazov
VW - Latvala, Ogier
Mini - Kosciuszko, Nikara

Edited by noikeee, 15 January 2013 - 09:34.

#238 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,877 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:08

can I expect some highlights after every day online (@ youtube would be best)?

#239 Yhamm

Yhamm

• 639 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:21

shakedown is really done now :
1. Neuville
2. Loeb
3. Novikov
4. Hirvonen
5. Latvala
6. Ogier

Edited by Yhamm, 15 January 2013 - 11:51.

Advertisement

#240 JimmyTheFox

JimmyTheFox

• 82 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:26

News about MotorsTV: @MotorsTV:Being as we're being asked a lot it's worth confirming: no, we won't be showing the WRC this year and no, we don't know who/if anyone will.

Saw this yesterday - nobody wanted it so there will be no TV coverage in the UK.

#241 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,690 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:47

Citroen - Loeb, Hirvonen, Al-Qassimi, Sordo, Guerra
Ford - Ostberg, Novikov, Al-Attiyah, Neuville, Hanninen, H. Solberg, Prokop, Tidemand, Ketomaa, Gustafsson, Tamrazov
VW - Latvala, Ogier
Mini - Kosciuszko, Nikara

Henning has not secured the funding yet. So it is not decided if he'll drive or not :)

#242 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,205 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 13:24

can I expect some highlights after every day online (@ youtube would be best)?

Do you have Astra?
Servus TV will show the highlights, and Motorsport-Magazin was reporting something in RTL and Sport1, too.

Servus TV has a big 'Mediotek' where they have almost everything online after they show it, unless there are national rights problems. There are some chances they would put the highlights in the Mediotek and that it might be available from abroad.

#243 EightGear

EightGear

• 411 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 14:01

Try some torrents, I think there is an English version available from Australia.

#244 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,541 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 18:09

Try some torrents, I think there is an English version available from Australia.

Shakedown highlights HERE
While these videos are great I hope I manage to find the Australian highlights!

#245 tormave

tormave

• 949 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 21:23

Ooh, just watched the Finnish season opening rally broadcast from today's shakedown. Can't wait for the rally to start, even though they will only broadcast the usual 30 mins highlight show after every rally day. The Ford squad is massive - maybe it's better to run without manufacturer sponsorship?

Looks like VW is running the Polo really low to the ground, which isn't probably a fantastic idea with a lot of snow on the road. The massively flared wheel arches will also be a problem in Sweden.

2013 - bring it on!

#246 DrProzac

DrProzac

• 1,894 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 21:59

Nice "Aaltonen" spin by Seb :)

#247 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,557 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 23:28

Saw this yesterday - nobody wanted it so there will be no TV coverage in the UK.

I think it's mad that the only channel who actually gave a flying f*** about the WRC in the UK the last few years was Dave! I miss their highlights packages...

#248 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,541 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 23:57

I think it's mad that the only channel who actually gave a flying f*** about the WRC in the UK the last few years was Dave! I miss their highlights packages...

Yeah, they used to promote it all the time with 5 second clips during ad breaks - there was an epic one of Loeb flashing past the camera sideways at about 100mph.
I quite liked Neil Cole who genuinely seemed to get on with the other drivers (theres a good clip of him tipping over Seb Loebs chair at a press conference somewhere)

#249 ArnageWRC

ArnageWRC

• 1,081 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:34

I’m surprised people are wondering why there is no UK TV agreed. The coverage has gone from Ch4, ITV1, ITV4, Dave, MotorsTV......There is a pattern here. Low viewing figures – people just aren’t watching the sport, as there is little interest. For all the talk of a new dawn, it’s still not interesting enough for any TV station to put it on. No British driver in a top car....why would they show it?

However, let’s hope something can be sorted, or that RedBullTV can show it.

#250 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:37

I’m surprised people are wondering why there is no UK TV agreed. The coverage has gone from Ch4, ITV1, ITV4, Dave, MotorsTV......There is a pattern here. Low viewing figures – people just aren’t watching the sport, as there is little interest. For all the talk of a new dawn, it’s still not interesting enough for any TV station to put it on. No British driver in a top car....why would they show it?

However, let’s hope something can be sorted, or that RedBullTV can show it.

Which is pretty damning, given some of the incredibly lame crap that does make it on to our 200 channels.