1. your favorite driver has gone to another team, so you'll support that team
2. your team has hired someone you don't like, so you'll quit supporting them
3. your favorite driver has switched to a rival team , so you'll quit supporting that driver but stay faithful to the team
4. The team lost your faith with many blunders
5. Lost interest in the sport in general with demise/departure/retirement of Driver/team
5. other reasons .... etc etc
i'll go first if i may, i started watching F1 since 2003 and immediately became a fan of Mclaren and Kimi raikkonen. i was trully sad when kimi went to Ferrari as i didn't (and still don't) like the team. so 2007 WDC was a bitter-sweet moment for me as i statyed true to Mclaren and half-heartily supported both lewis and kimi. but the charm of mclaren started fading away since 2009 for one reason or other and in 2012, i became a LotusF1 fan as kimi was there, but still in the corner of my heart, i had a soft-spot for Mclaren. but with the on track-off track sagas in Mclaren and Lewis leaving, i finally realized i've lost my support for that team. There is no charisma left. now i'm fully committed being a LotusF1 fan and perhaps MGP fan as well as i want to see a rising phoenix.
P.S i understand that driver/team support is a dynamic thing i.e it changes with time/age/taste. so do share your views if you're supporting any new drivers/teams and the reason for it.
Edited by eronrules, 13 December 2012 - 13:19.