- - - - -

What track/s have your respect?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:05

What tracks command your respect no matter your like/dislike for it and why? Thank you for sharing it. :wave:

Advertisement

#2 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 13:40

Long Nürburgring.
I absolutely hate it, fear it, but like to drive.
It's awesome with normal or underpowered racing cars but nightmare with powerfull sport and race cars with traffic.

Le Sarthe is nice combination of speed, circus and challenging corners. I like to drive it around all other cars in games except co-karting car or Fiat 500...

Spa is all time favourite with lot of F1 games, GT-Legends, GT5. I didn't like much old layout bustop but when got car-setups in balance, it was fun.

I had also soft spot for old Hockenheim which was ruined by new layout. Long and fast straights and due you had to have low downforce track's few corners were always bit difficult.

Suzuka's first sector S corners are fun to drive when doing it correctly. Usually I don't like them.

Edited by The Kanisteri, 17 December 2012 - 13:50.

#3 SinStorm

SinStorm

• 269 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:19

Monaco is my bête noir: i despise it. No matter what setup or driving style i employ on F1 2012 i constantly tiptoe around scared of taking my front wing off!!!!
Nordschleife is my favourite: i've ran thousands of laps at that place on the Forza games and love the flow of the place.

#4 Lights

Lights

• 17,875 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:33

Monaco, Suzuka, Nordschleife. Because you have to respect them if you want to stay in one piece.

#5 Ickx

Ickx

• 907 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 23:37

Nordschleife is ofcourse special. There is however another track that has really scared me in a way no other track, or game for that mater, has ever done. I still can't watch a youtube video without feeling the pulse rising. The track I'm talking about is Dundrod for GPL.

The GP cars is obviously way too fast for this circuit but stil. Unfortually I can't find a very good youtube video of it but this gives a taste

Of the modern games I can't really think of any that awakes a special feeling of respect. Some are fun, some are not but no one stands out as special on a higher level.

#6 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,371 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 16:52

Suzuka, absolutely crazy track imo love it

#7 Collective

Collective

• 1,524 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 18:17

The Mario Kart rainbow track. Especially in 150cc... if you don't respect it, you go down.

#8 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,205 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:48

The Mario Kart rainbow track. Especially in 150cc... if you don't respect it, you go down.

The original Rainbow Road was essentially Mario Kart's answer to Monte Carlo in almost every possible way, lol.

On the subject of fantasy tracks, I see that and raise you this one: Phantom Road, from F-Zero GX. Possibly the single most infuriating track that I've ever played on any fantasy racing game--believe me when I say that the guy in the video makes it look exponentially easier to win there than it actually is.

I don't technically have 'respect' for any real-life tracks on racing sims, because they can all be tamed with enough practice. There are a few corners that have earned my respect, though... :p

#9 superdelphinus

superdelphinus

• 3,175 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:00

I've always found brands hatch quite a tricky track to drive fast on, especially in lower downforce cars. There are so many corners which completely punish mistakes. Monaco obviously.

#10 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,371 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 13:26

Catalunya is quite good too, it has a little bit of everything which I really like. It's a great track to test and tune on in FM4.