Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Kimi Vs Romain 2013

• Please log in to reply
1038 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will finish ahead in 2013, Kimi, or Romain ?. (428 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will finish ahead in 2013, Kimi, or Romain ?.

1. Kimi (391 votes [91.36%])

Percentage of vote: 91.36%

2. Romain (37 votes [8.64%])

Percentage of vote: 8.64%

Who will get the first win, Kimi, or Romain ?.

1. Kimi (377 votes [88.08%])

Percentage of vote: 88.08%

2. Romain (51 votes [11.92%])

Percentage of vote: 11.92%

Will Romain improve, or will he still have problems ?.

1. Yes, he'll improve. (282 votes [65.89%])

Percentage of vote: 65.89%

2. No, he'll still have problems. (146 votes [34.11%])

Percentage of vote: 34.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#751 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:05

Say what you want, but the Champ schooled Rpmain thoroughly these two years.

Now it is time for apprentice to put all these valuable lessons in practice!

Grosjean will do well if he understands to have gratitude towards Kimi once they part ways.

this, i like romain, but he'll have to go a looooooong way to be even mentioned in the same league as KIMI. here are some points for those FAUX Romain sympathizers (we know what u really want)

1. kimi's presence, his feedback, his driving and his PR values are the main reasons where LOTUSF1 is now today. (after 2011 blunder)

2. every major upgrades, weather it's DDRS or LWB , every thing was pretty much tested on kimi's car exclusively, why do you guys suppose that is???

3. until the tire change, kimi was handing it down to RG constantly, even with the LOtus E21's legendary tire saving, RG is harder on his tires, it was more evident on the steel belt tires pre hungary, it's only after the tire change that RG have clawed back some edge on KR in qualy, but his race craft still leaves much to be desired.

4. the one thing that distinguishes RG from KR is 'Consistency' and only a WDC can show what it's like to score no matter what the situation is. RG still has a lot to learn, rather than moan.

5. i understand the desire of EB and Permane on making RG the star, but they are actively searching for a 'Star driver' as mentioned by GLopez before, and in Hulk, they'll get it, and again i expect NH to have the edge to RG, and i want to be absolutely clear, i dont' hate RG, but he's not the next big thing people are making him to be, at best he'll be the next Fisichella.  

6. we'll have to see 2014 to really evaluate RG, on his own, being the senior driver in the team, against a possible Hulkenberg, who we have seen what he can do in his first year in sauber, dragging that turd of a car into good points, i'm afraid, poor RG will again be overshadowed by him.

i'll be happy to be proven wrong, but till i am, i'll hold on to my opinion. 

Advertisement

#752 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 462 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:06

Kimi fan you look pitiful  :down:

Boullier was cooling Grosjean and explaining why he don't give the OK to his request !!

3 days after the GP, you are still talking about this matter  :eek:

Eh, what are you talking about? Apparently you know exactly what they were talking about. I just thought that video particularly demonstrated how everything is settled at Lotus now. I didn't judge it, as I totally understand they'd rather see their 2014 driver to be ahead of Kimi who moves to another team as long as it doesn't cost the team points for the WCC. Boullier did the right thing to say that Grosjean had to 'race like it is', so I'm not accusing the team of any anti-Raikkonen behaviour.

#753 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:18

Eh, what are you talking about? Apparently you know exactly what they were talking about. I just thought that video particularly demonstrated how everything is settled at Lotus now. I didn't judge it, as I totally understand they'd rather see their 2014 driver to be ahead of Kimi who moves to another team as long as it doesn't cost the team points for the WCC. Boullier did the right thing to say that Grosjean had to 'race like it is', so I'm not accusing the team of any anti-Raikkonen behaviour.

Do you really see Kimi as a guy that like to be hugged and is all "OMG OMG THANKS GUYS". Especially that he hates to be 2nd? No, it doesn't demonstrate anything at all if I can be absolutely honest. Only maybe difference in duo personalities.

#754 JRodrigues

JRodrigues

• 307 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:26

The only thing I can see from that video is a guy trying to congratulate Grosjean, and RoGro leaving him with hand in the air..

#755 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:27

this, i like romain, but he'll have to go a looooooong way to be even mentioned in the same league as KIMI. here are some points for those FAUX Romain sympathizers (we know what u really want)

1. kimi's presence, his feedback, his driving and his PR values are the main reasons where LOTUSF1 is now today. (after 2011 blunder)

2. every major upgrades, weather it's DDRS or LWB , every thing was pretty much tested on kimi's car exclusively, why do you guys suppose that is???

3. until the tire change, kimi was handing it down to RG constantly, even with the LOtus E21's legendary tire saving, RG is harder on his tires, it was more evident on the steel belt tires pre hungary, it's only after the tire change that RG have clawed back some edge on KR in qualy, but his race craft still leaves much to be desired.

4. the one thing that distinguishes RG from KR is 'Consistency' and only a WDC can show what it's like to score no matter what the situation is. RG still has a lot to learn, rather than moan.

5. i understand the desire of EB and Permane on making RG the star, but they are actively searching for a 'Star driver' as mentioned by GLopez before, and in Hulk, they'll get it, and again i expect NH to have the edge to RG, and i want to be absolutely clear, i dont' hate RG, but he's not the next big thing people are making him to be, at best he'll be the next Fisichella.  

6. we'll have to see 2014 to really evaluate RG, on his own, being the senior driver in the team, against a possible Hulkenberg, who we have seen what he can do in his first year in sauber, dragging that turd of a car into good points, i'm afraid, poor RG will again be overshadowed by him.

i'll be happy to be proven wrong, but till i am, i'll hold on to my opinion. 

1. Indeed, Kimi goes to factory after the race, take drawing desk, pen and is doing new updates for the car, cause he is the most aware what the car needs the most. Coanda effect and similar has no secrets before him. Also it is worth mentioning, how he goes to Microsoft and sign the deal with them, same with Rexona and all other sponsors. Lopez is simply a setback, in mysterious Kimi's connection with the business world.

2. Cause he won't trash the new update, possible gives better feedback, team was focused around the Kimi more as he was clear Nr1 driver, also maybe he needs less time to set new stuff, or if it doesn't work, he was easier to setup for the old configuration.

3. Well tyres are a big difference, so it is all about the tyres that are currently going on. I need to agree that before the hungary tyres, Kimi was superior to RG in qualifcations. Now it is the other way around. Though I wouldn't say that if the tyres, would be suited for both somehow, that Grosjean would be slower on single lap than Kimi (though he would be way slower than Kimi in the race neverthless).

4. Need to agree. Though a bit of luck would be also worth for RG.

5. RG is fast, yet I rate NH better than him. I'm really hopeful though that such pairing will happen at Lotus.

6. Sauber isn't a turd anymore after the new exhaust configuration. To be absolutely honest, it looked really decent for some time. Clearly best of the midfield. (if we consider Lotus, RBR, Ferrari and Mercedes as top teams). And sometimes it even looked better than at least 2 out of 4 tops mentioned before.

#756 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 462 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:48

Do you really see Kimi as a guy that like to be hugged and is all "OMG OMG THANKS GUYS". Especially that he hates to be 2nd? No, it doesn't demonstrate anything at all if I can be absolutely honest. Only maybe difference in duo personalities.

No, but there've been happier pictures of Kimi & Boullier when he has finished second or third. It's pretty clear the relationship between Kimi & Lotus has cooled down, and once again that's (ofc) not only based on that footage.

#757 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:59

1. Indeed, Kimi goes to factory after the race, take drawing desk, pen and is doing new updates for the car, cause he is the most aware what the car needs the most. Coanda effect and similar has no secrets before him. Also it is worth mentioning, how he goes to Microsoft and sign the deal with them, same with Rexona and all other sponsors. Lopez is simply a setback, in mysterious Kimi's connection with the business world.

oh com'on mate, you know what i meant ....   :kiss:

kimi's presence motivated the team after disappointing 2011 season, he's constant results and 2 wins gave huge boost to the team, we can't disagree that. his feedback regarding the car's handling is related to the second point i mentioned. and the hype regarding kimi's persona is one of the major attraction point of the LOtusF1 team. Gerard lopez himself said that the marketing strategy they used is to have a star driver around which to make the team, and how they are sad to loose him. 

but if u want to ignore me, what else can i do.  :o

#758 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:15

No, but there've been happier pictures of Kimi & Boullier when he has finished second or third. It's pretty clear the relationship between Kimi & Lotus has cooled down, and once again that's (ofc) not only based on that footage.

He looks pretty happy to me, if we look for the photo of whole team. I highly doubt that he ever was all shiny and cool after race, where he finished 2nd.

oh com'on mate, you know what i meant ....    :kiss:

kimi's presence motivated the team after disappointing 2011 season, he's constant results and 2 wins gave huge boost to the team, we can't disagree that. his feedback regarding the car's handling is related to the second point i mentioned. and the hype regarding kimi's persona is one of the major attraction point of the LOtusF1 team. Gerard lopez himself said that the marketing strategy they used is to have a star driver around which to make the team, and how they are sad to loose him. 

but if u want to ignore me, what else can i do.   :o

I'm aware of Kimi's involvment in Lotus succes, I'm not denying it. But you wrote it like, he was the one who did all the work. Like Enstone isn't existing at all, Lopez isn't searching for sponsors, Engineers are not working with the car, Boullier isn't doing at all. Like it was all the Kimi's work. So it isn't that I'm denying Kimi's part of the success, but it looked more like you denied the Lotus part.

the main reasons are: engineers. with Williams-like car, he would be around TR and likes in the race, not so often on the podium.

#759 jedioriginal

jedioriginal

• 675 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:46

Well said:)

Advertisement

#760 Artkab2013

Artkab2013

• 233 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:32

Hilarious stuff from Noble (at least headline):

How Grosjean has turned into a Raikkonen beater

:clap:

Edited by Artkab2013, 09 October 2013 - 12:33.

#761 emil

emil

• 36 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 13:48

I don't have a subscription, but I'm very curious about what that article says, anyone help?...

#762 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 462 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 13:51

I don't have a subscription, but I'm very curious about what that article says, anyone help?...

On his Twitter he says he's mainly referring to the Saturdays, not neccesarily the race days. He already received some not-so-happy-tweets from Kimi fans :lol:

#763 Hayden1

Hayden1

• 378 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 14:05

this Noble guy  - he  should seriously consider his  future as a journalist. look at the statistics you moron

How Grosjean has turned into a Raikkonen beater   :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :lol:

Edited by Hayden1, 09 October 2013 - 14:07.

#764 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 14:11

a very very very biased view on Korean gp  :p

Warning: forummers who doesn't know what 'Sarcasm' is shouldn't read this.  :o

http://f1bias.com/20...ass-the-iceman/

KOREA GP 2013 – YOU SHALL NOT PASS (THE ICEMAN)

#765 FunBobby

FunBobby

• 38 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 14:11

Basically a Grosjean glorifying. He doesn't even take into account the tyre changing issue.

+ Refers to Permane's comments that good to have a driver who has pure speed and can qualify so can performe well in saturday when the other cannot (Kimi).

A tipical as good as your last race perception with some disgusting lies.

#766 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,357 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 14:33

Alan Parmane:

"I don't want to speak ill of him, because Kimi has been absolutely fantastic for us, he really has. You can see the last two races he has qualified poorly and he's been on the podium. But that can't happen always. You have to be able to qualify well and race well and there's no doubt he races well. But he doesn't have the greatest of qualifying speed and, if next year the tyres get a bit harder, maybe he'll struggle a little bit more.".

Edited by intelligentsia, 09 October 2013 - 14:34.

#767 Hayden1

Hayden1

• 378 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 14:34

http://vimeo.com/76256370    :rotfl:

#768 santababy

santababy

• 419 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 14:40

Alan Parmane:

Wow this Permane guy is unbelievable, isn't he part of the Lotus team?
Doesn't he know Kimi has a back problem during Singapore quali & a broken front wing during Korean quali.
Dang!

#769 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 462 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 14:47

Doesn't he know Kimi has a back problem during Singapore quali & a broken front wing during Korean quali.
Dang!

Yeah I don't understand anything from his comments, considering the problems Kimi's had during both quali sessions. I don't think he would've beaten Grosjean in Singapore anyway, as he was really flying there but he certainly would've made the top 10. He's probably not considering the tyre switch during the middel of the season? With the steel belt tyres he outqualified Grosjean on almost every single occasion I think. With these kevlar belt tyres it's very much like last year where Kimi had trouble and Grosjean was faster on Saturdays on quite some occasions.

#770 OccasionalCommenter

OccasionalCommenter

• 89 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 14:51

I agree, Grosjean has been better than he usually is in the last two races. But that's because he has set his bar so incredibly low for this season. In Singapore he qualified well, lost 2 places at start and got a chance of podium thanks to bad strategies by others. Unlucky to have his car die after a decent performance, but he didn't really show anything extraordinary in the race (for Kimi climbing from P13 to P3 is apparently ordinary, so nobody cares). In Korea, he qualified well again and made probably his first good start of the season, then later lost one position to his teammate who was on older tires. Again, decent performance overall, nothing mindblowing. Having now driven two decent races with only minor mistakes, he's the new Messiah?

#771 FunBobby

FunBobby

• 38 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 14:57

Dang!

They try to sell Rogro as an unlucky Kimi beater or at least as good driver that's clear to me since Kimi's announcement. Sad because i like the team but they ruin everything with this.

I remember Gro's claim when Kimi literally trashed him at the early part of the season. "I don't understand what's happening because i'm as fast or even faster than Kimi." He has no respect towards Kimi.

Edited by FunBobby, 09 October 2013 - 15:01.

#772 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 15:09

Kimi indeed got lucky and profited massively from the SC (like Alonso did in Singapore) and Grosjean's mistake was a small one. After being ahead for the whole weekend, Grosjean felt that the circumstances treated him unfairly and he, in the heat of the moment, asked for the orders. If they did switch the places back, it wouldn't be bad for anyone: team would have gotten the same number of points, Kimi is out of the WDC hunt so he wouldn't be harmed WDC-wise.

Besides, Kimi profited from team orders several times in the past when Grosjean has been cooperative and I can understand if he felt wrong-footed by Kimi who basically lucked into the position to pressure his own teammate into a mistake after the last pit stops. Perhaps Grosjean (rightly or wrongly) felt that Kimi owed him, maybe not a payback but a treatment of a teammate and not of an adversary. Let me put it this way: if I were in charge of the team, I would not like what Kimi did. I know that the F1 drivers are super-competitive but I didn't like this just as I didn't like Vettel's move on Webber in Malaysia.

What!? In the heat of moment, I have seen people do a lot of things, but ask for a team order? I mean, what sort of logic is that? It just means you are desperate and spoiled. Anyway, it is one thing for the driver to say during the race, but quite another for the team to praise it as being some sort of well-directed anger and it likes it from your driver. What non-sense! How can you like this from a driver, particularly after you have had time to think about it.

Kimi lucked into the position. There have been reports that Kimi had broken front wing during qualy that was discovered later after qualy. Either way, it is bizarre a driver would ask for a team order because the other driver was lucky.  Kimi has profited from team orders (for championship and chances to win), but he did not not for team order over radio every one of those times (he told the team over radio once during Bahrain 2012 that if they want to win, he needs to pass). But what do we have here, championship, win, what? It's one thing for the team to employ orders and another for driver crying frantically to get his lost place. I take such spoiled act seriously and would take it as a representation of character.

I have no idea why you did not like Kimi overtaking Grosjean.

#773 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,202 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 15:19

They try to sell Rogro as an unlucky Kimi beater or at least as good driver that's clear to me since Kimi's announcement. Sad because i like the team but they ruin everything with this.

I remember Gro's claim when Kimi literally trashed him at the early part of the season. "I don't understand what's happening because i'm as fast or even faster than Kimi." He has no respect towards Kimi.

All Formula 1 drivers, per definition, think they are better than any other driver on the world. And some of them even talk about it every now and then. Whenever one Formula 1 driver begins to talk about his glorious self, the trick is to ignore him. It works.

Edit: that characteristic is supposed to be common to all elite sportsmen (not just F1 drivers). My personal experience makes me disagree with the general rule, but maybe I just grew up with the exception that confirms the rule.

Edited by artista, 09 October 2013 - 15:22.

#774 Artkab2013

Artkab2013

• 233 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 15:43

this Noble guy  - he  should seriously consider his  future as a journalist. look at the statistics you moron

How Grosjean has turned into a Raikkonen beater   :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :lol:

Well Noble sorta on Lotus payroll, besides he doesn't like Kimi - so no surprises.

#775 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 15:48

Well Noble sorta on Lotus payroll, besides he doesn't like Kimi - so no surprises.

No he isn't, and how that would be connected with his stupid article to begin with?

#776 discover23

discover23

• 3,754 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 15:53

He's probably not considering the tyre switch during the middel of the season? With the steel belt tyres he outqualified Grosjean on almost every single occasion I think. With these kevlar belt tyres it's very much like last year where Kimi had trouble and Grosjean was faster on Saturdays on quite some occasions.

Whey would he consider that in the context of what he is saying. It is the same tires for everyone is it not?

#777 kimister

kimister

• 929 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 15:59

Whey would he consider that in the context of what he is saying. It is the same tires for everyone is it not?

Then what will we do with the 7-0 outqualiying series of Kimi to Romain ? At that time also , tyres were the same for everyone.

#778 Artkab2013

Artkab2013

• 233 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 16:07

No he isn't, and how that would be connected with his stupid article to begin with?

I don't have a solid proof but every Monday after GP he write upbeat article (especially after not very good weekends) about Lotus. So he either big fan of Lotus or just paid for positive articles = good PR.

How it connected? Quite simple. Lotus doesn't need Kimi and they use every PR trick to show it.

That's why I don't expect Kimi's problem in qualie would solve, completely the opposite.

Edited by Artkab2013, 09 October 2013 - 16:08.

#779 discover23

discover23

• 3,754 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 16:14

Then what will we do with the 7-0 outqualiying series of Kimi to Romain ? At that time also , tyres were the same for everyone.

and that is why he started by saying that Kimi has been fantastic...

Advertisement

#780 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 8,877 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 16:15

How it connected? Quite simple. Lotus doesn't need Kimi and they use every PR trick to show it.

That's why I don't expect Kimi's problem in qualie would solve, completely the opposite.

Lotus are now sabotaging Kimi so that their investors see that they don't need Kimi.

Even though performance is going to be a key investment driver...

OK.

:down:

#781 RaikkonenZn

RaikkonenZn

• 151 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 16:19

Romain is 27 - he should be a "Kimi beater" by now - he's had almost 4 full seasons in F1 and he still can't muster up 3-4 good races in a row. Kimi with his clear qualifying issues after the tyre change is still  smashing him by 95 points already this season (for reference Alonso is beating Massa by 106 points) - without his Spa and Monza mishaps he'd probably beating Romain by about the same amount!

Now my question is what in the world makes Grosjean a "Raikkonen beater" when everyone considers Alonso as murdering Massa? Lol - The excuses for Romain must stop - at his age he should be reaching his prime.

#782 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 8,877 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 16:21

My opinion on Kimi v RG is that whilst Kimi has undoubtedly had the upper hand overall over the 2 seasons, RG's learning curve has been impressive. I've always said he has the speed, I think he has a good temperament and intelligence and now his race craft is improving too. Kimi is probably leaving at the right time...

#783 RaikkonenZn

RaikkonenZn

• 151 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 16:35

My opinion on Kimi v RG is that whilst Kimi has undoubtedly had the upper hand overall over the 2 seasons, RG's learning curve has been impressive. I've always said he has the speed, I think he has a good temperament and intelligence and now his race craft is improving too. Kimi is probably leaving at the right time...

I agree fully - he is a very quick driver Romain and yes while he has made mistakes, he has shown himself to be growing especially in the last few races. Though he has not shown enough in my book - potential is nothing if you can't make it work consistently on a Sunday. 

I guess not everybody gets right up top in F1 in a short space of time like Lewis, Vettel, Kimi and Alonso have done - maybe Romains path is that of a Button or a Hakkinen. Though it must be said that Grosjean has been sitting in a pretty good car which I feel he has wasted - he may not have the opportunity for a while yet & just fade out of sight! 

#784 Artkab2013

Artkab2013

• 233 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 16:44

Lotus are now sabotaging Kimi so that their investors see that they don't need Kimi.

Even though performance is going to be a key investment driver...

OK.

:down:

Agree, I think Kimi is just losing his motivations. It's common thing now for Saturdays but any minute it could also jump to Sunday as well.  :lol:

#785 motorhead

motorhead

• 887 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 16:44

I agree about Kimi leaving at the right time. Without Kimi leaving Grosjeans future would have been sealed as a decent number two. Now he has a possibility to shine and earn the status of being among the top drivers, I don´t believe that would have happened with Kimi

#786 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 16:52

Agree, I think Kimi is just losing his motivations. It's common thing now for Saturdays but any minute it could also jump to Sunday as well.  :lol:

don't forget his age, his back and unpaid salary  :p   :lol:

#787 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,224 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 16:57

AS - Romain Grosjean feels ready to lead Lotus in F1 2014 - (J.noble)

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/110485

....  Grosjean thinks that he has not only addressed the opening lap issues he had in 2012, but has also got on top of the E21's KERS-harvesting braking characteristics that caused him trouble at the start of this campaign ....  

''We effectively lost winter testing and the first three races, and we found out the mapping was not giving me the feeling.''

#788 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 17:03

As far as I can tell from the thread, some of you also believe in http://en.wikipedia....spiracy_theory)

and that Hitler survived WWII.

No offence guys, but team sabotaging his driver... especially that they are still within a reach of P2 in WCC and P2 in WDC. It sounds odd to begin with.

@eronrules maybe for him it didn't work as he expected, yet for Kimi driving preferences it was fine.

Edited by Shiroo, 09 October 2013 - 17:04.

#789 cotecine

cotecine

• 61 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 17:16

#790 jedioriginal

jedioriginal

• 675 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 17:19

I truly am amazed that respected publication like autosport is printing utter crap like this.Ridiculous.

#791 Artkab2013

Artkab2013

• 233 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 17:38

No offence guys, but team sabotaging his driver...

Who said "sabotage"? One driver just got an obvious preference. And no one cares about Kimi's problems in qualie. What for?

#792 jedioriginal

jedioriginal

• 675 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 17:45

http://vimeo.com/76256370    :rotfl:

This was the first time that i see this overtake from front angle. Gro almost crashes Kimi,it was sooooooooo close,Once again Kimi saves the day by moving to left really hard.

#793 SpaMaster

SpaMaster

• 5,856 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 18:01

As far as I can tell from the thread, some of you also believe in http://en.wikipedia....spiracy_theory)

and that Hitler survived WWII.

No offence guys, but team sabotaging his driver... especially that they are still within a reach of P2 in WCC and P2 in WDC. It sounds odd to begin with.

@eronrules maybe for him it didn't work as he expected, yet for Kimi driving preferences it was fine.

Can we stop talking about P2 in WDC? It is pointless and useless. P2 in WCC is definitely worthful - prize money and prefered position in the pit-lane.

This was the first time that i see this overtake from front angle. Gro almost crashes Kimi,it was sooooooooo close,Once again Kimi saves the day by moving to left really hard.

Yep, that's a double move. It just goes to show that Grosjean does not have good spatial awareness and is still likely to cause crashes. It was too late, Kimi was already lining up by the side and yet there is a move. It shows - he was desperate, his mind froze and certainly wasn't guided by where the cars are. This guy is still crash-prone. His last silly crash was just 4 races before this one (Button, Hungary).

Edited by SpaMaster, 09 October 2013 - 18:20.

#794 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 18:20

Who said "sabotage"? One driver just got an obvious preference. And no one cares about Kimi's problems in qualie. What for?

You mean Raikkonen? Cause for 2 season, Kimi was the prefered driver.

#795 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,739 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 18:23

RoGro lost my sympathy with that move. A boneheaded red-mist moment that may have ended up in tears had the receiving end been a driver with less talent.

#796 OccasionalCommenter

OccasionalCommenter

• 89 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 18:45

RoGro lost my sympathy with that move. A boneheaded red-mist moment that may have ended up in tears had the receiving end been a driver with less talent.

To be more charitable, it could very well be his issue with lack of spatial awareness. It's possible that he simply was unaware how close Kimi was. Never attribute to malice what could be attributed to incompetence. 

#797 discover23

discover23

• 3,754 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 18:50

I cannot see the video from here but if what you say is true then that must explain Alonso's comments from his first lap explanation video from the other thread ...Drivers are still extra cautious when they see Grosjean around.

Edited by discover23, 09 October 2013 - 18:51.

#798 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,739 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 19:01

I cannot see the video from here but if what you say is true then that must explain Alonso's comments from his first lap explanation video from the other thread ...Drivers are still extra cautious when they see Grosjean around.

I could not stream the clip either but you can download it from the link below the pic.

I did not mean that RG was 

malicious but either a bit incompetent, caught in the moment or both. He is a bit too unpredictable still at times - not that his learning-curve hasn't been very good.

#799 beute

beute

• 1,199 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 19:10

Yep, that's a double move. It just goes to show that Grosjean does not have good spatial awareness and is still likely to cause crashes. It was too late, Kimi was already lining up by the side and yet there is a move. It shows - he was desperate, his mind froze and certainly wasn't guided by where the cars are. This guy is still crash-prone. His last silly crash was just 4 races before this one (Button, Hungary).

maybe this is just gorsjeans understanding of defending.

his idea of defending is ruining the overtaking attempt by moving late and thus forcing the other driver to lift off the throttle, thus abandoning the move completely.

Webber does the same thing sometimes, although he does it smoother, his moves arent as sudden and leave a little bit more reaction time, it's still dirty.

Changing the line is supposed to be a positional advantage, nothing more.

"lift off the throttle or lose your frontwing, your call!" is not a valid defensive strategy.

And pls people, dont tell me he didnt intentionally move late because he was surprised or something...

bullshit, there just was a safety car period and he made a rather big mistake shortly before the main straight, he knew damn well that whoever is behind him will try and capitalize on his mistake...

Edited by beute, 09 October 2013 - 19:13.

Advertisement

#800 NexusIcon

NexusIcon

• 154 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 19:17

Christ, put this non-incident up against Button pushing Hamilton off the track when they were team-mates at Mclaren, Vettel crashing into Webber, Perez and Button colliding earlier this year while fighting for position and realise that it is actually a storm in a teacup.