Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Kimi Vs Romain 2013

• Please log in to reply
1038 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will finish ahead in 2013, Kimi, or Romain ?. (428 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will finish ahead in 2013, Kimi, or Romain ?.

1. Kimi (391 votes [91.36%])

Percentage of vote: 91.36%

2. Romain (37 votes [8.64%])

Percentage of vote: 8.64%

Who will get the first win, Kimi, or Romain ?.

1. Kimi (377 votes [88.08%])

Percentage of vote: 88.08%

2. Romain (51 votes [11.92%])

Percentage of vote: 11.92%

Will Romain improve, or will he still have problems ?.

1. Yes, he'll improve. (282 votes [65.89%])

Percentage of vote: 65.89%

2. No, he'll still have problems. (146 votes [34.11%])

Percentage of vote: 34.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 300KPh

300KPh

• 61 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:55

why do people have this false notion that Romain is better qualifier than kimi??? kimi was rusty due to absence, but towards the end of the season, he matched and out-qualified Romain several times

japan

romain 1:31.898 Q3
kimi 1:32.208 Q3

Korea

kimi 1:37.625 Q3
romain 1:37.934 Q3

India

kimi 1:26.236 Q3
romain 1:26.136 Q2 eliminated

abu dhabi

kimi 1:41.26 Q3
romain 1:41.778 Q2 eliminated

Us

romain 1:36.587 Q3
kimi 1:36.708 Q3

brazil

kimi 1:13.298 Q3
romain 1:16.967 Q1 eliminated

so "towards the end of season where kimi matched and outqualified grosjean" it was 3-3 and in Brazil de la rosa crashed into him (yes it wasn't grosjean's fault)

Advertisement

#102 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,204 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:56

Good to know! :drunk:

Will he also have (ethernal?) rookie status as ever?

well he is yet to run a full F1 season (i.e participate in all races) :drunk:

however, he's gonna be a dad soon, and kimi got rid of his partner. in that regard, he'll have some edge over kimi i suppose.

#103 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,204 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:58

so "towards the end of season where kimi matched and outqualified grosjean" it was 3-3 and in Brazil de la rosa crashed into him (yes it wasn't grosjean's fault)

my post was to show that ATM they are both equal qualifier, no advantage in either way, and remember all those problem kimi had during free practice at various GP's last year. it was in Hungary that kimi finally got the car to his likings (as said by both kimi and alison). so no need to Quibble.

#104 Diderlo

Diderlo

• 170 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 13:01

Check again.. last 6 races 4-2, Kimi wins. If you don't count Brazil, it is 3-2.

#105 Kimifinfan

Kimifinfan

• 125 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 13:12

Last time I checked you don't get points for qualifying, so lets not start who is faster....

POINTS DO MATTER

Kimi = 207
Romain = 96

#106 ruby soho

ruby soho

• 478 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 13:14

This is probably the second most interesting pairing after Lewis-Rosberg; Kimi's racecraft is untouched, but Romain's speed is some times scary for a Kimi fan like me. I'm reasonably confident that Kimi will beat Romain, like he did in 2012. Kimi seemed to get a lot stronger towards the end, where as Romain has difficulties. But I hope they collect loads of points and hopefully we can be 2nd or 3rd in the constructors championship!

e. Yeah, the points difference was substantial enough that I don't think many can argue about last season.

Edited by ruby soho, 26 February 2013 - 13:21.

#107 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 13,114 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 13:19

Kimi said he doesn't like these tyres made of cheese...
I predict the following on the radio this year

1) Kimi: guys, we have to make ANOTHER fcuking stop for tyres
2) Kimi: you might as well put pyöreä perunat on the car

Jp

#108 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,204 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 13:24

Kimi said he doesn't like these tyres made of cheese...
I predict the following on the radio this year

1) Kimi: guys, we have to make ANOTHER fcuking stop for tyres
2) Kimi: you might as well put pyöreä perunat on the car

Jp

that's a lot of words for kimi to say, i thought that's why they put the 'JENSEN' button on the steering wheel to indicate 'no grip' :smoking:

Posted Image

#109 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,120 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 13:35

Oh dear, the thread :down:

When Jp contributions are the best of a thread, you know something´s wrong :blush:

Seriously guys, if you don´t want to come across as fanboys, not using words like "humilliating", "destroying" and so on to describe a perfectly normal teammate battle helps. And it´s for both sides, getting stupid because someone is being stupid first is no less stupid.

#110 tweiss

tweiss

• 385 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 13:37

Kimi trashes the little french boy!

#111 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 13,114 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 14:34

that's a lot of words for kimi to say,

pfftt..
More enronrules fail.
You obviously didn't listen to him on the radio while he was driving for Kyle Busch.

When Jp contributions are the best of a thread, you know something´s wrong :blush:

:rotfl:
Oh come on now...I have quality written all over me.
Jp

#112 Ramses1348

Ramses1348

• 573 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 16:11

It's quite simple. When people on this thread stop shitting on Grosjean as if he's the worst human being since Joseph Stalin, I will stop (what you consider to be) dragging Kimi down.

You really have to question what type of education you received to display such a childish view of the world. Two wrongs do not make one right. As another poster said, the best way to earn respect is to show some yourself. The few crazy raikonnen fans are embarrassing enough, we don't need a crusader to come and drive the discussion further down.

As for the subject of this tread we are up for a very interesting battle between those two. Anybody who writes grosjwn down is foolish, but if last years momentum caries, he's facing a VERY tough job

#113 MP422

MP422

• 1,720 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 16:38

F1 is a sport where the definition of winning and job of the driver is to score points. This last season, Kimi scored more than 100 more points than Grosjean. It was more than 200% as many points as Grosjean. If Grosjean would like to more than tie things up with Kimi, then he will have to score more than 200% as many points as Kimi. No doubt, his team and its main sponsors would like to see him do it. But that's a lot.

Coming from a Kimi fan,.... It doesn't work that way. If Grosjean out scores Kimi this year he will have beaten him. Last seasons actual point tally counts for nothing this year. Aggregate means nothing in F1 and is not reflective over different seasons with different cars. I am not a fan of Grosjean but i wouldn't dare hold an aggregate points tally against him. It's not accurate.

#114 Kimifinfan

Kimifinfan

• 125 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 17:18

Coming from a Kimi fan,.... It doesn't work that way. If Grosjean out scores Kimi this year he will have beaten him. Last seasons actual point tally counts for nothing this year. Aggregate means nothing in F1 and is not reflective over different seasons with different cars. I am not a fan of Grosjean but i wouldn't dare hold an aggregate points tally against him. It's not accurate.

+1

And Both need to do well for a chance at the WCC

#115 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,148 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 18:40

I'm not going to remove posts - but if you want to argue in a childish manner, go to a playground and scream out loud if you have to. Just don't do on here.

If you can't construct logical, well reasoned arguments, then this forum is not for you, I'm afraid. One line posts won't be allowed to stand from here on in, especially if they add nothing constructive to this thread.

If you can't reason with one another like adults, I am seriously concerned.

Regards

#116 swerved

swerved

• 3,597 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 19:39

I'm not going to remove posts - but if you want to argue in a childish manner, go to a playground and scream out loud if you have to. Just don't do on here.

If you can't construct logical, well reasoned arguments, then this forum is not for you, I'm afraid. One line posts won't be allowed to stand from here on in, especially if they add nothing constructive to this thread.

If you can't reason with one another like adults, I am seriously concerned.

Regards

Just to

clarify, if we want

to ask a simple

question do we pad it

out with irrelevant rubbish ?

#117 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,148 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 19:42

Just to

clarify, if we want

to ask a simple

question do we pad it

out with irrelevant rubbish ?

No - there's many people that write long posts on here, only to be greeted with one line, unconstructive replies.

#118 swerved

swerved

• 3,597 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 19:48

No - there's many people that write long posts on here, only to be greeted with one line, unconstructive replies.

I take your point, and thank you for demonstrating that a one line post can be constructive :up:

#119 limit

limit

• 61 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 20:00

Posted Image
Posted Image
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Advertisement

#120 Blue

Blue

• 1,220 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 22:54

Romain is under rated by the raw speed he has. Surely he has been humiliated beyond a degree a normal person could take, but for his ego, I guess that this just makes him better.

Kimi:Romain =75:25

#121 michaelmyers

michaelmyers

• 63 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 23:16

Lotus sure has an interesting pairing behind the wheeles. Both are blisteringly fast and able to deliver.
Grosjean just need's to learn how to calm down and take it easy. This is quite normal (but usually not to this extinct) for rookie drivers. Kind of reminds me of the young Häkkinen. He had the speed, but lacked consistency. It took him some time but eventually he was there to lift the trophy after the last race. I really do hope to see Grosjean do that some day. And this comes from a 100% Kimi fan.

Peace! :up:

#122 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,204 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 00:41

from Not the F1 news

LOTUS RUN RACE SIMULATIONS

Lotus used the second and third day of Barcelona testing to run race simulations for the Melbourne Grand prix with their two drivers. On Wednesday, Kimi Raikkonen managed one run of 64 laps in the morning and one run of 66 laps in the afternoon. On Thursday Romain Grosjean managed sixteen runs of one-lap - parking the car each time and walking back to the pits.

:p

Edited by eronrules, 27 February 2013 - 00:41.

#123 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 8,868 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:36

I think this is one of those partnerships that could go either way this year.

Kimi is likely to be a strong and consistent point scorer again, with 3 or 4 gem-of-a-races in there. But Romain could go either way. On the one hand he might be a repeat of last year. On another he might trade some of his (obvious in my view) speed and aggression for caution and craft, which could cost him big points. Whilst another possibility is that he really, really gets it together his season and really takes in to Kimi. I'm sure the Kimi fans will jump in to tell me how this notion just isn't possible, was I watching last year bla, bla, bla, but I think last season is not a factor as it all depends on now Romains "new approach" manifests itself.

I'm not fully convinced that Romain's maturing will be an overnight sensation, so I will go with a Kimi slight win over a vastly improved but not consistently brilliant Romain....

#124 Music Lover

Music Lover

• 331 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:52

I cant stand this guy. Just read this, and you get the feeling he lives in a parallel universe, where he´s perfect, and 2012 was a great season by him. "I made some mistakes, sometimes I was a bit unlucky and it turned out that it was a big story" Wtf? Understatement of the year? I actually re-watched the whole season recently, and I was blown away by the constant errors this guy kept doing in the races. There was hardly any race where he didnt go off the track, completely by himself. So it was not just the maniac crash moments at all, it was much worse than that. Also "the team is surfing on his name"? Is this guy mad? The team is actually SURFING ON HIS PERFORMANCE, you dunce! Where is the modesty and contrition following a horrendous season? Where is the appreciation to the team that gave him an (unbelievable) third chance?

+1

I hope both drivers doing well this year = collecting points to the team.
Non of them can be high up in the championship table without the other driver taking points from other teams drivers!

Edited by Music Lover, 27 February 2013 - 10:57.

#125 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:59

Grosjean will be with the team long term.

Lopez: "We essentially have told him he's got a long-term future with us so now he can literally take it race by race, practice by practice. He's got the speed to win races so we think we've got a very good pair of drivers and a good car."

http://uk.eurosport....-101917319.html

#126 Rosberg

Rosberg

• 217 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:54

There is no doubt that Grosjean has a lot of talent but if he can avoid the crashes then Lotus have got a great line-up.

Don't know if I should ask this in here or not but do you think Kimi will go after this season?

#127 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,204 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:02

There is no doubt that Grosjean has a lot of talent but if he can avoid the crashes then Lotus have got a great line-up.

Don't know if I should ask this in here or not but do you think Kimi will go after this season?

the only way to go is up ... either lotus becomes a force to reckon with, then he'll finish carrier, or there is a hope of him replacing Wibbah (due to kimi's relationship with Red Bull).

however, kimi and lotusf1 seems to have grown a symbiosis, kimi provides the resuslt, media hype, encouragements to do better, which intern earns LotusF1 the necessary sponsorship attractions and money, which goes into car development, thus making the car good and giving kimi more reason to stay. hopefully Genii capital also sees this and they'll surely won't disturb this equilibrium.

#128 nowayback

nowayback

• 48 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:07

Iam not sure that RG has good peripheral vision and anticipation at the start of races. Maybe it comes with experience. Kimi seems to have great anticipation at starts and seems toknow exactly what is going on around him. I am not sold on Kimis qualifying pace yet though. i havent seen him push the car to the limit as he used to with Lotus, maybe he was not that comfortable with the car last year. Maybe the pirellis just dont suit his driving style.

#129 Rosberg

Rosberg

• 217 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:07

the only way to go is up ... either lotus becomes a force to reckon with, then he'll finish carrier, or there is a hope of him replacing Wibbah (due to kimi's relationship with Red Bull).

however, kimi and lotusf1 seems to have grown a symbiosis, kimi provides the resuslt, media hype, encouragements to do better, which intern earns LotusF1 the necessary sponsorship attractions and money, which goes into car development, thus making the car good and giving kimi more reason to stay. hopefully Genii capital also sees this and they'll surely won't disturb this equilibrium.

I can certainly see Kimi going to Red Bull, in fact I would love to see it!

I agree on your 2nd paragraph though, they have built a good relationship too.

#130 Ze Bum

Ze Bum

• 222 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 17:13

Grosjean will be with the team long term.

Lopez: "We essentially have told him he's got a long-term future with us so now he can literally take it race by race, practice by practice. He's got the speed to win races so we think we've got a very good pair of drivers and a good car."

http://uk.eurosport....-101917319.html

Then again:

Lotus team principal Eric Boullier says Romain Grosjean "cannot afford" another crash-strewn season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...la-one/21599007

#131 RJL

RJL

• 3,173 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 17:29

Of course Romain can improve this season. All he has to do is not crash out of half the races, not a big ask really.

#132 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,204 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 17:59

Of course Romain can improve this season. All he has to do is not crash out of half the races, not a big ask really.

in the wise tone of Jeremy Clarkson ... " how hard can it be??"

:p

#133 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 580 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 18:13

I still dont quite understand where this fable about "grosjean´s raw speed/potencial" came from. First half of season qualifying, when Kimi was rusty and kept having reliability problems during FP, thus not being able to work on setup well? Because apart from that, even speed wise, he was consistently slower than a driver who came from a 2 year hiatus in the sport. On the times when Kimi qualified worse (sometimes way down the order) he inevitably overtook grosjean during the races. Where is all of this supposed speed? Certainly not from last year at least.

Edited by Rikhart, 27 February 2013 - 18:14.

#134 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 8,868 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 23:48

I still dont quite understand where this fable about "grosjean´s raw speed/potencial" came from.

I would guess its because seasoned minds are looking at the whole picture differently to you.
Your basing your judgement on a compared to my rating of Kimi premise.

#135 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 580 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 23:57

I would guess its because seasoned minds are looking at the whole picture differently to you.
Your basing your judgement on a compared to my rating of Kimi premise.

No, im basing it on recently having re-watched the entire season. This speed some say he has, just doesn´t exist. He was slower than raikkonen consistently in the races, like I said easily proven by the fact that on the races he did finish, he ended up nearly always behind his team mate, despite starting on much stronger positions several times. And this despite Kimi having been away for 2 years, it will certainly become clear next season.

#136 Ragingjamaican

Ragingjamaican

• 639 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 00:32

I thought Grosjean did well against Raikkonen without the incidents, I think he'll do well in this up and coming season.

Maybe his incident packed season last year was just a one off like Hamilton's in 2011.

#137 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,492 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:11

I think Grosjean has the potential to match Kimi. He also has the potential to beat Kimi, but not without huge risks, which would make Kimi beat him instead. I except a close battle on track, but Kimi coming out on top. I think I predicted that also last year...

Edited by Mauseri, 28 February 2013 - 10:17.

#138 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,601 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:14

I thought Grosjean did well against Raikkonen without the incidents, I think he'll do well in this up and coming season.

Maybe his incident packed season last year was just a one off like Hamilton's in 2011.

:up:

#139 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 580 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:47

Second time grosjean has one of his little off track visits during pre-season, that I know off. Saw the other one in some video, at jerez he had a high speed off very similar to this one, over-using the kerbs, was able to rejoin track.

Advertisement

#140 Hayden1

Hayden1

• 377 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 15:21

Boy- he is on fire :rotfl: , Fastest french -ups swiss and pseudo french driver,future WDC and close vicinity :love: . He is the Man :)

Edited by Hayden1, 28 February 2013 - 16:32.

#141 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 580 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 21:44

Grosjean, the whiniest driver on F1 atm? First he was crying because he had a wet day. Today, after lots of dry running, he´s crying because it wasn´t sunny. Apparently he wanted another day (even despite having a huge lap benefit over raikkonen), and f@ck his teammate! Why cant he understand that it´s a small miracle (total...) he´s still with lotus at all?

#142 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 21:53

Grosjean, the whiniest driver on F1 atm? First he was crying because he had a wet day. Today, after lots of dry running, he´s crying because it wasn´t sunny. Apparently he wanted another day (even despite having a huge lap benefit over raikkonen), and f@ck his teammate! Why cant he understand that it´s a small miracle (total...) he´s still with lotus at all?

and why do you really need to diss him so frickin much. You are doing it here, in Lotus thread... chill the heck. He isn't whining, he is just saying that it wasn't perfect day.
And yes, I'm Team supporter not a driver. I really don't care who will get WDC or who will win the competition, as long as team is fine, I don't care about such things. Though I prefer Raikkonen.

#143 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 580 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 22:16

and why do you really need to diss him so frickin much. You are doing it here, in Lotus thread... chill the heck. He isn't whining, he is just saying that it wasn't perfect day.
And yes, I'm Team supporter not a driver. I really don't care who will get WDC or who will win the competition, as long as team is fine, I don't care about such things. Though I prefer Raikkonen.

Actually if you read it correctly he´s saying he would like another day to test "although that isnt his decision". So even he has a shitload of laps advantage over raikkonen in testing, I guess he would only be properly happy if he had all four days or something. Do you see any other driver saying this kind of garbage? Even alonso, who is quite whiny in his day didnt come out and cry it was wet in the morning, today. And this comes from a "driver" that´s driving on borrowed time really, after last season. I diss him because, well, he´s coming through as THE whiniest driver on F1.

#144 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 22:30

Actually if you read it correctly he´s saying he would like another day to test "although that isnt his decision". So even he has a shitload of laps advantage over raikkonen in testing, I guess he would only be properly happy if he had all four days or something. Do you see any other driver saying this kind of garbage? Even alonso, who is quite whiny in his day didnt come out and cry it was wet in the morning, today. And this comes from a "driver" that´s driving on borrowed time really, after last season. I diss him because, well, he´s coming through as THE whiniest driver on F1.

He just said that he would like another day, probably like every other driver, he just stated obvious fact. It has nothing to do with being whiny.

#145 Alolnso

Alolnso

• 34 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 22:42

First half of season qualifying, when Kimi was rusty...

Grosjean hasn't been in F1 for 2 years either. And he didn't look bad against Alonso. So yeah, there's a good reason why people think he has raw pace.

Edited by Alolnso, 01 March 2013 - 22:57.

#146 Rikhart

Rikhart

• 580 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 22:46

Grosjean hasn't been in F1 for 2 year either. And he didn't look bad against Alonso. So yeah, there's a good reason why people think he has raw pace.

Kimi was rallying, grosjean was driving gp2 (very similar to f1) and also f1 cars, testing for pirelli (so he knew the tyres inside out)... No possible comparison.

#147 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 13,114 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:20

Kimi: hello Room Service, bring me a bottle of Pepto Bismol
RS: Que?
Kimi: Pepto Bismol
RS: Que?
Kimi: too late..get housekeeping up here to clean up
RS: Sí. Sí. lo hacemos todo el tiempo.

Jp

#148 Kingshark

Kingshark

• 2,944 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:36

Kimi was rallying, grosjean was driving gp2 (very similar to f1) and also f1 cars, testing for pirelli (so he knew the tyres inside out)... No possible comparison

Indeed, no possible comparison. How much previous F1 experience did Raikkonen have before 2012, compared to Grosjean? Nine years against half a year.

#149 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,492 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:29

The difference is that Hamiltons most incident occur in a way where the other drivers are to blame. With Grosjean, majority of incidents is caused all by himself. Not all of course, but a great deal of them.

I don't remember Hamilton ruining his own results all by himself. At most 1 or 2 per year. The rest are racing incidents. For Grosjean it's more like 5. And the racing incidents on top of that.

#150 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 2,612 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:38

Well I think Romain proved all his critics wrong. His 10th place proves he is clearly faster than Raikkonen and will blitz him this season. That win by Kimi shows the Finn is faded and the only thing wrong with Grosjean is his crashes and not his pace, which was totally the best out there all race. :p