* * * * - 24 votes

Ferrari F138: the race car

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4023 replies to this topic

#701 Gintonious

Gintonious

• 975 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 14:35

Better to find out the issues now anyway.

Advertisement

#702 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,674 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 14:39

We can forget about Jerez and look ahead, to Barcelona.

http://www.blogf1.it...-test-di-jerez/

#703 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 14:46

Nothing they didn't already say in the Wrooom or presentation. It also fits perfectly with Alonso's absence and De la Rosa driving on Friday. Keep calm.

#704 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,464 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 14:49

The article posted says nothing about how bad they are. Just a quick google translate:

Ferrari, here is the program for the Jerez test
February 6, 2013 12:37 Written by: James Rauli 40 comments

In these first winter test at Jerez de la Frontera Scuderia from Maranello will only evidence of mechanical, aerodynamic and comparing data of the wind tunnel and simulator, without attempting any service. The real Ferrari will begin to discover from Barcelona

Massa_F183 "Call the alarmism of the first kilometers," they say in Maranello, and have temporarily reason. Circuit in Jerez de la Frontera in fact, the Prancing Horse team established a program far from being accustomed to search for pure performance, so do not expect times striking, but not significant.

Already at the presentation of the new red, Tombazis and Fry had stressed since the first tests were essential for understanding the quality of the project since its base, and then being able to develop in the right direction.

It is in this first test session currently in progress, the F138 will be "dressed" with sensors and fluorescent paint in order to understand whether all the data of the wind tunnel in Cologne are then found on the new car. Yesterday, in fact, Felipe has made the most of his sixty-four rounds at a constant speed (in a straight line), just to see the goodness of the aerodynamics of the F138.

Not only aerodynamic downforce. Massa fact could give the earliest indications on the way forward for the basic asseto the car and the positioning of the exhaust to "Coanda effect", having also found the 138 much more balanced, stable and traction much better than the F2012. These checks will be carried out throughout the duration of this test Andalusian, although Pedro De la Rosa, who will go on the F138 tomorrow, will have a different task from that of Brazil.

The Spaniard fact must compare the behavior of the new car compared to the F138 "virtual" dell'avveniristico simulator Maranello. The data collected and the feedback data from the Catalan will be essential in order to develop the new creature pool of engineers led by Simone also remains virtually taking into account the impossibility of making it grow through some test track.

From the Barcelona test, however, with Fernando Alonso at the wheel will start to see what it's really made ​​the F138, which will have significant changes both visible (wings, side pods, aerodynamic diffuser) and invisible, internal to the body. At the moment, therefore, to the fans of the Prancing Horse to do is enjoy the first roar of the V8 and wait for Catalonia to be able to make judgments on the competitiveness of Ferrari in the World Cup.

#705 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,891 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 14:50

We can forget about Jerez and look ahead, to Barcelona.

http://www.blogf1.it...-test-di-jerez/

Why do you guys think Alonso skipped this test? Felipe and Pedro are doing the donkey work at this test.

#706 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 14:54

Why do you guys think Alonso skipped this test? Felipe and Pedro are doing the donkey work at this test.

It was quite obvious from the beginning but the alternative theories were a lot of fun! :lol:

#707 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,674 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 14:55

Tell that to the people crying about the times.

#708 ApexMouse

ApexMouse

• 909 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 15:09

Actually not trolling or being astoundingly pessimistic, heres the car on track for a little bit. Watched by certain messieurs Newey and horner.

#709 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,137 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 15:13

This is not an Alonso thread or a Kimi thread. Lots of posts deleted. Please stay on topic.

#710 sheepgobba

sheepgobba

• 1,092 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 15:16

Really do hope what AMus said is not true ):

Last two years have been disappointing with the cars' pace, plus the titles lost in '10 and '12

#711 Gintonious

Gintonious

• 975 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 15:28

It is WAY too early for anyone outside of Ferrari to know how well or bad they are going, even Ferrari might not know.

As has been said, the car is getting settled in and the team and learning about it, so maybe today they were not happy with the speed, its analyzed and then they look for solutions.

For all those who are panicking, please chill.

#712 monacogp

monacogp

• 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 15:36

People can scream its only testing as much as they like - and rightly so - however it is possible to gather all the track-side impressions and begin to formulate a hypothesis. That is precisely what I am doing when I say that I think we are not much better off than the past years. Just a first impression, but we are not fast out of the box or immediately competitive as we have been promised for the past 3 years. Can they turn things around? Maybe, they usually do...at least to a degree. Am I disappointed? Definitely.
How is it that Lotus can hit the track and exceed expectations whereas we, as usual, are only testing so times are irrelevant? And what the hell is everyone else doing if not testing?
Always the same story...and sorry but you should be used to it by now. We are slower on the time sheets, then a variety of track-side observers give their impressions which confirm the times we are posting and after declaring ourselves satisfied with our reliability we proceed to statements about how we are not where we wished but how it is all about development.
Testing is testing but a lack of enthusiasm on top of mediocre times and pit rumors and impressions have proven enough to assess difficulties over the past two years and whilst I am certainly not suggesting that is definitely the case here I do feel we are starting to see the writing on the wall.
You will recognize it by the press statements as they are forced to put them out. You will recognize them easily because you have been fed the same crap pre-season for the past 5 years or so.

Must be difficult to launch a car and be where you expected, thereabouts or delighted because you are exceeding expectations. Yet everyone else seems to manage it. How is that?

Edited by monacogp, 06 February 2013 - 15:41.

#713 BackOnTop

BackOnTop

• 870 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 15:40

It is WAY too early for anyone outside of Ferrari to know how well or bad they are going, even Ferrari might not know.

As has been said, the car is getting settled in and the team and learning about it, so maybe today they were not happy with the speed, its analyzed and then they look for solutions.

For all those who are panicking, please chill.

Spoil sport! We like it when Ferrari panic. :p

But it's true, too early for anyone to panic. But it's always better to start off in the top 3 during testing. Having said that, Ferrari might top the timesheets soon.

#714 Massa

Massa

• 4,282 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 15:42

People can scream its only testing as much as they like - and rightly so - however it is possible to gather all the track-side impressions and begin to formulate a hypothesis. That is precisely what I am doing when I say that I think we are not much better off than the past years. Just a first impression, but we are not fast out of the box or immediately competitive as we have been promised for the past 3 years. Can they turn things around? Maybe, they usually do...at least to a degree. Am I disappointed? Definitely.
How is it that Lotus can hit the track and exceed expectations whereas we, as usual, are only testing so times are irrelevant? And what the hell is everyone else doing if not testing?
Always the same story...and sorry but you should be used to it by now. We are slower on the time sheets, then a variety of track-side observers give their impressions which confirm the times we are posting and after declaring ourselves satisfied with our reliability we proceed to statements about how we are not where we wished but how it is all about development.
Testing is testing but a lack of enthusiasm on top of mediocre times and pit rumors and impressions have proven enough to assess difficulties over the past two years and whilst I am certainly not suggesting that is definitely the case here I do feel we are starting to see the writing on the wall.
You will recognize it by the press statements as they are forced to put them out. You will recognize them easily because you have been fed the same crap pre-season for the past 5 years or so.

Must be difficult to launch a car and be where you expected, thereabouts or delighted because you are exceeding expectations. Yet everyone else seems to manage it. How is that?

blablablablabla it's tyring, if you want to cry, cry after the first race. Cry and speak nonscence after day 2 of testing ??? Seriously ?

The exhaust is the 2012 spec, the same for the sidepods, how the hell can you make some conclusion ? It's not hard to understand that the car will dramatically change at Barcelona, and Jerez is only for data correllation, so they really don't care about laptime ?

I bet during 2000-2004 era, when Ferrari was doing the same at Fiorano, you would cry the same way after one or two day of testing.

Edited by Massa, 06 February 2013 - 15:42.

#715 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 15:44

How is it that Lotus can hit the track and exceed expectations whereas we, as usual, are only testing so times are irrelevant? And what the hell is everyone else doing of not testing?

First of all read again previous post to know why is not to expect much from Ferrari before Barcelona. And then, what expectations has Lotus exceeded? Did they already won a GP or something? Last year Kimi topped the chart on day one and in Australia he missed Q2. I remember Ferrari was the car to beat by Jerez 2011, then we all know what happened. Times mean nothing and cars will be very different in a month. Of course I expect Ferrari to be slower then RB and McLaren, probably Lotus too, how much? We'll see.

#716 aray

aray

• 2,601 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 15:46

i don't give a **** if time posted by Ferrari slower than even Caterham...only thing that i want to hear is that their datas backing up what they found in wind-tunnel....

Edited by aray, 06 February 2013 - 15:47.

#717 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:07

http://www.f1fanatic...-jere-20131.jpg

Interesting 'black thing'. Also multiple outlets in the heat shielding area. Could it be that they try to blow the beam wing? Wouldn't make much sense to me.
Removed img tags as its a bit big.

Haven't seen such a "black thing" on any other car so far. Did they run that shark fin all day? Scarbs had said Ferrari are doing something relatively unique with hot radiator air, I'm not sure what though. Lotus is blowing the beam wing with it.

#718 ApexMouse

ApexMouse

• 909 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:09

On consideration, it might be a thermal imaging camera looking at the rear. Not sure why it would be that big. And I dont think that theory holds much water.

#719 RedF1

RedF1

• 135 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:15

People can scream its only testing as much as they like - and rightly so - however it is possible to gather all the track-side impressions and begin to formulate a hypothesis. That is precisely what I am doing when I say that I think we are not much better off than the past years. Just a first impression, but we are not fast out of the box or immediately competitive as we have been promised for the past 3 years. Can they turn things around? Maybe, they usually do...at least to a degree. Am I disappointed? Definitely.How is it that Lotus can hit the track and exceed expectations whereas we, as usual, are only testing so times are irrelevant? And what the hell is everyone else doing if not testing?

):

It is not obvious why you are interested in what Ferrari does and how the F138 performs.
You tend to use the 'we' as if you are part of Ferrari.... on the contrary, you seem to be not even a Ferrari supporter.... :down:

The F138 looks like a hell of car and in my opinion will again go the for the title battle.
Ferrari as a team has shown last year and many years before that they (we) know how to build fast racecars. There is no proved reason to believe, that being quicker as the rest while testing is a guarantee to win a race or the Championship.

We (me and some others) believe that the Scuderia know exactly what they are doing. And we trust our team.

Advertisement

#720 rodlamas

rodlamas

• 8,026 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:15

I would like to remind you that Pat Fry was the responsible for the MP4/24, the worst car I have ever seen on these 2009-2013 set of rules.

Bringing him from Mclaren and putting him on Aldo Costa's position supposing he would do Newey's job was a big mistake.

Ferrari will be there or thereabouts this year, but I don't seem them fighting for the WDC all the ay to the wire.

And as fernando Alonso himself said once: "As long as you don't paint your cars in red, I wish you the best."

#721 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:17

Great News!!!

If so the F138 will be good enough to fight for the title until the last race, like last year.

#722 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:21

Well it might be true that Ferrari might be a little behind (if we consider Massa's comment). But don't forget, it is basically not new car yet. They will bring new update for Barcelona. SO if they willl look the same as they look here (they are solid but are not setting the world in flames), then yes, I would say that they will start season behind top teams. And yes, in my opinion they are behind at the moment. But it can change a lot during Barcelona test

#723 ApexMouse

ApexMouse

• 909 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:23

I read the testing part of the F2012 thread on Scud's recommendation, and for some reasons this remarkably similar. despite the fact the impressions are positive, the car is in a basic form, and as explained their collecting data...

And suddenly some of the same people who apparently only visit Ferrari when its bad, appear again with definitive conclusions for the coming season and indepth 'it looks rubbish'. Fanboys are so unbelievably thick. Also, ITS DAY TWO OF TESTING.

Edited by ApexMouse, 06 February 2013 - 16:23.

#724 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:25

I would like to remind you that Pat Fry was the responsible for the MP4/24, the worst car I have ever seen on these 2009-2013 set of rules.

Bringing him from Mclaren and putting him on Aldo Costa's position supposing he would do Newey's job was a big mistake.

Ferrari will be there or thereabouts this year, but I don't seem them fighting for the WDC all the ay to the wire.

And as fernando Alonso himself said once: "As long as you don't paint your cars in red, I wish you the best."

After all this time you are still obsessed with that quote. You fail to understand the context and reasons behind that sentence. I guess it's more useful as a bashing weapon.

#725 medeni73

medeni73

• 340 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:33

we must not forget that both we and RB are a bit of late with development for this year cos of championship race. RB doesnt look that good too, they are also making correlation and reliability test rather than top speed ones...so its normal that we're behind + all other top teams have I dare say better 2012 basis-model for development as we have. F2012 fought for championship but was basically heavily flawed and no wonder they hit the wall at some point of development/correcting design flaws. So if correlation is good this time and F138 seems like good basis model I dont think getting speed in it will be much of a problem like last year...

#726 SunnyENTP

SunnyENTP

• 717 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:46

BBC Gary Andreson thinks Ferrari does not look that impressive. Bad on the kerbs and unstable in Massas hands. Perhaps late development affected the team while McLaren and Lotus stole the march on Ferrari?

#727 ApexMouse

ApexMouse

• 909 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:51

No, He doesn't.

The Ferrari looks OK, but its tyres are going off more quickly than some others - and it's not always riding the bumps as well as the best." BBC text feed.

Massa was losing a second over ten laps on a couple of runs.

#728 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:53

No, He doesn't.

The Ferrari looks OK, but its tyres are going off more quickly than some others - and it's not always riding the bumps as well as the best." BBC text feed.

Massa was losing a second over ten laps on a couple of runs.

Based on what they said on Autosport live, Grosjesn lost 2 seconds (24.9 to 27.x) in the space of 12 laps on the hards. Just for comparison. They had Romain on a 20 lap run, and he popped back in to the pits 8 laps early.

#729 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,431 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:55

Come on guys, Fry openly admitted that the car is very basic and already a big step ahead in the tunnel. There is no evidence that we are quick but no evidence that we're going to suck come Melbourne, which is when it really matters!

#730 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,912 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:57

Nice try.
If the F2012 managed it, then there is no reason why this car can't.

I'll give you another quote: 'As long as your car keeps failing (e.g. fuel pumps), titles won't be won.'

#731 fololo

fololo

• 960 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 16:59

Nice try.
If the F2012 managed it, then there is no reason why this car can't.

I'll give you another quote: 'As long as your car keeps failing (e.g. fuel pumps), titles won't be won.'

The 1:18:2

cant be driven for Ferrari ! Even if they have lots of fuel in it , this time is unreachable for Ferrari!

It means that Lotus official overtook ferrari.

Pat Fry needs to be fired .

#732 CoinOperated

CoinOperated

• 70 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:02

cant be driven for Ferrari ! Even if they have lots of fuel in it , this time is unreachable for Ferrari!

Can you do the same deduction for Mercedes please? They seem to be in a lot more trouble than Ferrari at the moment.

My god it's amazing how some people can jump to conclusions within 2 days.

#733 medeni73

medeni73

• 340 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:03

here we go...

Posted Image

#734 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,776 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:03

Actually it says that Jenson's time was set on the hard tyres.

Ooops, my bad, I got confused. Sorry.

#735 Scudetto

Scudetto

• 8,047 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:16

Come on guys, Fry openly admitted that the car is very basic and already a big step ahead in the tunnel. There is no evidence that we are quick but no evidence that we're going to suck come Melbourne, which is when it really matters!

This. :up: Fire Fry? 2013 is already lost? You Chicken Little lot are comical.

#736 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:26

I guess it is dejavu from last year pre-season test threads doom and gloom.

Seriously, pressure on Ferrari so they scrap the much needed data so they will run glory-laps to beat Grosjean test time seem quite ridiculous.

Massa already said the F138 is leaps ahead of the F2012.

#737 medeni73

medeni73

• 340 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:28

Ferrari:

"Jerez de la Frontera, 6 February – Work goes on relentlessly in the Scuderia Ferrari garage, with the F138 back in action for the second day of testing at the Jerez de la Frontera circuit, as all the teams entered in this year’s Formula 1 World Championship tackle their first four day test session. The afternoon was given over to aerodynamic testing and long runs, with Felipe Massa completing a total of 78 laps. A large amount of data has been acquired relating to the various exhaust configurations tried during the morning and this will now be analysed by the engineers, to add to what they learned yesterday relating to the car’s behaviour.

Quickest today was Romain Grosjean in the Lotus with a time of 1:18.218, ahead of the Force India of Paul di Resta (1:19.003) and Daniel Ricciardo in the Toro Rosso (1:19.134)

Felipe Massa was eighth quickest in the F138 with a time of 1:19.914, on a short time sheet that featured eleven other drivers. The Scuderia engineers are not bothered about lap times, preferring to concentrate on getting on with items on the job sheet, so as to plan the work for the remaining two days, with the Brazilian again at the wheel tomorrow. "

Edited by medeni73, 06 February 2013 - 17:28.

#738 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,912 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:30

I think you need to read my post again. In no way I was referring to a pointless meaningless testing time, but the fact that the F2012 was challenging for the WDC until the last race.
Lotus and McLaren are doing the best right now, I agree.
Last line... :rolleyes: (Here we go again)

#739 Scudetto

Scudetto

• 8,047 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:35

Massa already said the F138 is leaps ahead of the F2012.

And of course Massa -- far more than any trackside pundit -- is in the first, best position to opine how this car racks up. How it fairs compared to others remains to be seen, naturally, but I'm optimistic that Ferrari is well ahead of where they started last year.

Advertisement

#740 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,912 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 17:54

And of course Massa -- far more than any trackside pundit -- is in the first, best position to opine how this car racks up. How it fairs compared to others remains to be seen, naturally, but I'm optimistic that Ferrari is well ahead of where they started last year.

Trackside pundits are important, and imo in this Jerez test the McLaren and the Lotus are in the best shape. HOWEVER, Ferrari doesn't seem to be that far behind them, as most comments on it are positive. It doesn't seem like a 'clifford' like 2012.

This may not be an opinion in the majority, but it seems RedBull is struggling with understeer. This has been said by Mark and Anderson. I don't think it is a coincidence that the 2 teams that were fighting for the 2012 title until the final race are a little behind the teams that were very quick but not in the title fight until then.

Back ON topic.

Posted Image

the exhaust. There seems to be a big space between the exhaust pipe and the rest of the outlet Ferrari have made, maybe for cooling purposes?
Seems like they were working a lot on that area.
I am no aerodynamicist though.

Here is them testing the Caterham style exhaust
http://www.clausell-...l-ferrari-f138/

Edited by SCUDmissile, 06 February 2013 - 17:59.

#741 Arry2k

Arry2k

• 355 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:06

WRT the Caterham style exhaust that Ferrari tested - could it be to try and create a stronger sealing effect at the diffuser?

#742 monacogp

monacogp

• 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:17

Great News!!!

If so the F138 will be good enough to fight for the title until the last race, like last year.

2010 WDC Vettel

2011 WDC Vettel

2012 WDC Vettel

If you call that good news .... I guess everyone has their own opinion.

#743 monacogp

monacogp

• 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:23

):

It is not obvious why you are interested in what Ferrari does and how the F138 performs.
You tend to use the 'we' as if you are part of Ferrari.... on the contrary, you seem to be not even a Ferrari supporter.... :down:

The F138 looks like a hell of car and in my opinion will again go the for the title battle.
Ferrari as a team has shown last year and many years before that they (we) know how to build fast racecars. There is no proved reason to believe, that being quicker as the rest while testing is a guarantee to win a race or the Championship.

We (me and some others) believe that the Scuderia know exactly what they are doing. And we trust our team.

Well I don't want to interrupt your worship sessions, but I happen to believe you can be a fan without the blind trust and that you can criticise and chastise when needed. Frankly, it aggravates me to hear the same things from Ferrari year after year... only to hear the same excuses soon thereafter, year after year. At some point you really would like them to get a grip.

As for me not supporting Ferrari... I have been a Ferrari fan ever since I saw my first race in Monaco, in 1982. I just don't feel I need to prove that by consistently posting about how wonderful they are for some reason - especially when I feel they are not. Go figure.

Praise when praise is due, criticism when criticism is due. Its rather simple really.

Or you can worship of course, each to their own.

Edited by monacogp, 06 February 2013 - 18:25.

#744 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,912 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:28

WRT the Caterham style exhaust that Ferrari tested - could it be to try and create a stronger sealing effect at the diffuser?

Don't really know. Do you think it will seperate the air from the exhaust gases as well?

#745 monacogp

monacogp

• 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:28

Ferrari:

"Jerez de la Frontera, 6 February – Work goes on relentlessly in the Scuderia Ferrari garage, with the F138 back in action for the second day of testing at the Jerez de la Frontera circuit, as all the teams entered in this year’s Formula 1 World Championship tackle their first four day test session. The afternoon was given over to aerodynamic testing and long runs, with Felipe Massa completing a total of 78 laps. A large amount of data has been acquired relating to the various exhaust configurations tried during the morning and this will now be analysed by the engineers, to add to what they learned yesterday relating to the car’s behaviour.

Quickest today was Romain Grosjean in the Lotus with a time of 1:18.218, ahead of the Force India of Paul di Resta (1:19.003) and Daniel Ricciardo in the Toro Rosso (1:19.134)

Felipe Massa was eighth quickest in the F138 with a time of 1:19.914, on a short time sheet that featured eleven other drivers. The Scuderia engineers are not bothered about lap times, preferring to concentrate on getting on with items on the job sheet, so as to plan the work for the remaining two days, with the Brazilian again at the wheel tomorrow. "

I think you will find they are not bothered about lap times any time it is clear they cannot achieve them. At any rate, search last year's press releases and you will find the same, word for word.

#746 jstrains

jstrains

• 1,464 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:29

2 interesting pix from Jerez (source AMuS)

http://img2.auto-mot...6a8b-659663.jpg
Posted Image

http://img4.auto-mot...574a-659661.jpg
Posted Image

#747 ApexMouse

ApexMouse

• 909 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:29

Or perhaps praise or criticism couldbe postponed until the parties giving such opinions have a shred of evidence with which to make them.

Just a thought. And you'll find the same words in the press releases from 2000-2008 no doubt.

Edited by ApexMouse, 06 February 2013 - 18:30.

#748 monacogp

monacogp

• 76 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:34

Or perhaps praise or criticism couldbe postponed until the parties giving such opinions have a shred of evidence with which to make them.

Just a thought. And you'll find the same words in the press releases from 2000-2008 no doubt.

Why? If no-one ever gave their opinion ... I doubt there would be much left of this forum. I simply said I am starting to see the writing on the wall. I'm not trolling, I believe that. Most of you would be happy if we reached Melbourne 0.5 off the pace it seems. I would be really pissed off.

#749 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,891 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:35

This is what Tombazis had to say about the car at launch:

"I think we have done a reasonable job and we certainly had to make a step up from where we had been in the past few years: the launch specification car, that will run at the first test, has had a relatively small amount of wind tunnel development because it was fixed straight after the end of the season, when we pushed so late on the F2012."

In other words, the F138 in its current guise is nothing but a tidied up version of F2012.

Now, track reports are way more positive than the same time last year and a driver has spoken about a much improved rear as far as traction is concerned. Sure there are problems but it is the first test for Pete sake. The mighty Red Bull seem to playing catchup on the development front of their new car as well.

Please don't let this thread turn into the cesspit we had during winter testing last year.

@Rodlamas, you said the same thing last year and look what happened. Relax man.

#750 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:35

Posted Image

That panel looks like a quickly-made solution to the overheating issues the faced yesterday. Doesn't fit nicely at all.