* * * - - 24 votes

Mercedes-AMG 2013 W04

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4001 replies to this topic

#1751 pinkypants

pinkypants

• 1,421 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 20:37

Lewis is ruling out wins. He looks pretty downbeat, so I'm not very optimistic.

Advertisement

#1752 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 20:50

Posted Image

No monkey seat...

#1753 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 20:51

Well Scrabs agree with Hamilton

Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1
@edosel in no particular order Ferr, RBR, Mac, Lotus

#1754 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 5,934 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 20:57

Well Scrabs agree with Hamilton

goes well with Bottas words that Red Bull, McLaren and Lotus are the best at the moment...but everything could change next week. Rosberg said to TS that he thinks they will win more races this year but they are not among the top teams yet and more work is needed but they are definately a lot closer than they were at the end of last season.

Toto Wolf was interviewed by finnish television and he said MGP is really interested about Paddy Lowe with big smile...so will see what happends with that in the future.

#1755 JonathanProc

JonathanProc

• 266 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 21:07

http://www.formule1....61540388.87.jpg

Do the three vortex generators/flow conditioners next to the mirrors protrude further out from the chassis now compared to the earlier versions? I don't remember them being that wide! It looks like there engineers are trying hard to maximise the downwash effect with these combined with the slight bulge on the shoulder of the sidepod.

#1756 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,209 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 22:12

Posts removed, Lewis' tattoo has no relevance at all to the car.

#1757 Masenco

Masenco

• 819 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:24

Dont think anyone realistically expects mercedes to be the fastest car- especially from the start of the season.
We are right behind the top three, and as kimi showed last year, we can do great things from there.

#1758 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:25

Dont think anyone realistically expects mercedes to be the fastest car- especially from the start of the season.
We are right behind the top three, and as kimi showed last year, we can do great things from there.

I would say behind top 4 as Scrabs mentioned

#1759 rhukkas

rhukkas

• 2,375 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:26

Great things? That Lotus was a much better car than Kimi showed.

Advertisement

#1760 Masenco

Masenco

• 819 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:28

I would say behind top 4 as Scrabs mentioned

Possibly, but definitely not by much.

#1761 Masenco

Masenco

• 819 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:31

Great things? That Lotus was a much better car than Kimi showed.

I wasn't commenting on how well kimi drove, I was just making the point tha it is possible to be up there in the wdc standings even with a car outside the top three

#1762 SRK

SRK

• 177 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:36

I wasn't commenting on how well kimi drove, I was just making the point tha it is possible to be up there in the wdc standings even with a car outside the top three

Alonso is a better example. His stats in car outside the top three were better than Raikkonen in top three car.

#1763 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:41

The lap times have been on par with everyone else. I think they can compete with the other teams except perhaps RB.

#1764 alg7_munif

alg7_munif

• 1,616 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:44

The lap times have been on par with everyone else. I think they can compete with the other teams except perhaps RB.

I think McLaren is the car to beat this year.

#1765 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:51

Possibly, but definitely not by much.

I think Hamilton is on the money here. It's a bit shady that the team still hasn't done a proper run on the soft tyres or proper long runs / race sims with race fuel loads.

#1766 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:54

We'll know if they've made major progress on the car if they show up with proper sized cascade wings on the FW.

#1767 TheSpecialOne

TheSpecialOne

• 84 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 00:12

No more gearbox cooling about the airbox, I only just noticed! Package starting to become more refined and optimised...

Edited by TheSpecialOne, 23 February 2013 - 00:13.

#1768 Con1

Con1

• 245 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 00:53

I have found the chat in here really interesting...particularly about the former fans of another silver car following Lewis in here...emm...that will be people like me then :wave:

Part of the reason most of Lewis' fans were concerned about him moving to Merc was because it looked like writing a full season off. At the end of the season it looked like Merc were about 2 seconds off the pace of the top two. And they weren't going to stand still. They were likely to find another 0.5 seconds in the off season. So to compete for a championship Merc were going to have to find 2.5 seconds. I didn't see any way that could happen. If they found 1.5 seconds that would be massive...and they would still be 1 second off the pace...

But...pre-season testing starts...and things start to look ok...and then maybe even good...and maybe even...it is the hope that kills you!

So what would be a realistic hope for Aus and then the season ahead?

For the sake of discussion, let's say we get to Aus and things look like this...RBR(Vet)...Macca +0.3(But)...Fer(Alo) +0.5...Lotus(Rai) +0.6 (we can all make our own assumptions as to where the de facto number two drivers in those teams will end up relative to their team mates). What would you be happy with for Merc?

Frankly, if Lewis and Nico were to be 0.8s off the front in a car that can maintain its race pace (and not disappear backwards) I'd be happy. Given what I've said above, that would represent gaining about 1.5s on the top teams. In F1 terms that would be massive.

And for the rest of the season it would then be about developing the package faster than the top guys. And if you could get from being the fifth best car to say third best, that would be an amazing season in my view. And then 2014 would be beckoning...

All joking aside...what is your realistic hope for the season ahead based on what we have seen so far in testing?

#1769 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:06

Anything more than .6s off would be a disappointment, and a deficit that will not be clawed back. At that point they might as well start transfering in resources towards the 2014 car after the Asian rounds.

#1770 Wolf

Wolf

• 7,881 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:40

Anything more than .6s off would be a disappointment, and a deficit that will not be clawed back. At that point they might as well start transfering in resources towards the 2014 car after the Asian rounds.

And how does one know a car is 0.6s slower than another car? Does he have to qualify 0.2s behind Vettel because he is supposedly faster driver? Just look/listen to Alonso what marvelous things he did with the car on par with Sauber and Force India (give him a 6 months, and last year's Ferrari will have been 15 seconds off the pace and his success solely attributed tho his sheer driving genius)... :lol:

#1771 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,756 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:22

ud look at averages, or let forum monkies work out the pecking order :-)

#1772 dans79

dans79

• 279 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:32

Is it just me, or did anyone does anyone else notice that Lewis set the fastest lap of the day at the beginning of a long stint, and that after the initiall fall off, still got decent pace out of them

http://mercamgf1-fan...ona-test-day-4/

#1773 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:50

Is it just me, or did anyone does anyone else notice that Lewis set the fastest lap of the day at the beginning of a long stint, and that after the initiall fall off, still got decent pace out of them

http://mercamgf1-fan...ona-test-day-4/

Yes, that is a very good stint, especially compared to Growjohn's much renowned final stint, which left everyone in awe, that averaged 1:28s over 24 laps.

Hamilton's lap times didn't even fall off after the 18 laps which means there was still life in the tires.

#1774 bonjon1979a

bonjon1979a

• 3,333 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:17

Every year of stable regs leads to all the teams closing up, it's going to be tight this year. Top teams within a few tenths of one another, one driver error will drop you several rows. Merc will have closed up and we should remember that the new wing deflection tests will have hurt rb and Mclaren who seemed to be getting the most out of flexing. Aus is a funny track, poor teams can look good. We'll know where the merc is after 4 races. I expect them to be half a second off the front but that could mean that there are 4 teams ahead.

#1775 baddog

baddog

• 23,465 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:58

Every year of stable regs leads to all the teams closing up, it's going to be tight this year.

Stable regs have a long history of making the established and best funded teams cement their dominance. Times may be close but the results tend not to be. This may be mostly because it gets harder and harder to find a few tenths, and only the best set up can do so. New regs allow lesser teams to find some clever trick and get a short term leg up (brawn wdc anyone) but this is radically less likely with rules everyone has spent a year or more exploring.

#1776 SunnyENTP

SunnyENTP

• 717 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:02

They already have a team working on the 2014 car so its a moot point

#1777 Juggles

Juggles

• 896 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:25

They already have a team working on the 2014 car so its a moot point

It isn't a moot point because clearly they could transfer more resources to the 2014 car. This season is going to be a very interesting balancing act between 2013 and 2014, not just for Mercedes but for all the teams.

#1778 bauss

bauss

• 5,035 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:56

Yes, that is a very good stint, especially compared to Growjohn's much renowned final stint, which left everyone in awe, that averaged 1:28s over 24 laps.

Hamilton's lap times didn't even fall off after the 18 laps which means there was still life in the tires.

yep, and the Grosjean stint was at the end of his race sim.... so u know he was running light hence was driving to a delta to save the tires over that many laps so good but not THAT special.

I agree though with the poster that said Merc not running a race sim was a bit suspect... just like Ferrari ran no race sims throughout last years testing... but I will factor that in only if they do not run any race sims at the next test.

Another point is the testing weather is obviously not reflective of GP weather.... so the lap times we see in testing may not reflect what real lap times will be in proper GP weather

Edited by bauss, 23 February 2013 - 11:00.

#1779 JimboJones

JimboJones

• 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:08

We'll know if they've made major progress on the car if they show up with proper sized cascade wings on the FW.

Right, because you have a wind tunnel and know the best cascade arrangement for their car...

Advertisement

#1780 SunnyENTP

SunnyENTP

• 717 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:38

It isn't a moot point because clearly they could transfer more resources to the 2014 car. This season is going to be a very interesting balancing act between 2013 and 2014, not just for Mercedes but for all the teams.

So you think they should abandon the season before Europe if they are less more than .600 off the leaders. Yes that makes sense stop learning about the new car by finding out what works and does not work

#1781 Juggles

Juggles

• 896 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:11

So you think they should abandon the season before Europe if they are less more than .600 off the leaders. Yes that makes sense stop learning about the new car by finding out what works and does not work

What I think is irrelevant. All I'm saying is that having a team already working on the 2014 car does not prevent them from, as BigChrome said, "transferring resources towards the 2014 car." If they could benefit the 2014 car by moving resources from the 2013 effort then it isn't a moot point.

When it comes to the substance rather than the structure of his point, though, I'm more on your side. If they are 0.6 secs down in the early races I hope they stick at it for a couple of reasons:

1) The Ferrari was further off the pace in the early stages of last season and look how close Alonso was to the ultimate prize. Admittedly I don't think the races will be as mixed up as last season which will make it harder to sustain a championship run in anything other than the best car(s). Also, if the W04 has relative race pace similar to the F2012 I'll be very happy.

2) This season is about showing grit. If they are 0.6 secs down then they should be straining every sinew to pull back that gap, even if they fail. If they get to Europe and then can 2013 in preparation for 2014, why should we feel any excitement at all for 2014? The regs will be different but they will have shown a complete failure to stick at something and really try to make good of it. Even if they show up in Melbourne 2014 with the fastest car we won't have seen any indication they can develop it in any meaningful way over a season. That's what they need to show this year, and it's the only way they can prove they have turned over a new leaf. Writing off another campaign after a few bad races would send an appalling message.

#1782 slmk

slmk

• 4,398 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 13:02

To be fair, as I said previously, aside from the lack of proper short runs and longer runs, the car is not looking like it's fundamentally flawed. If the car was 1+ second from the leaders as LH is saying, we'd get a lot more press about it - like how bad the Ferrari was last year in pre-season. For that to happen to the W04, either every other car is running with a lot more fuel than what we think or Mercedes is running on fumes - which is unlikely because most of their "fast" times have been done on 7-18 laps stints.

To me, it definitely looks like LH is surprised that they have closed the gap to RBR and McLaren more than expected. I don't think the W04 will be fastest come Melbourne, but they will definitely be in the mix. Mercedes has a great driver line-up that will be able to put the car in front of mid-field teams if the cars are similar in pace.

Obviously, we haven't seen very much thus far - not a lot of race sims and long runs, not a lot of proper runs on fumes. Only Lotus has really flexed its muscles with Grosjean's good but not earth shattering race sim. The final test will hopefully shed a bit more light on the pegging order; I think, similarly to 2012, understanding these softer tyres will be key to success - hopefully Mercedes won't repeat last year's debacle.

Do we know what Mercedes plan to bring to the last test? New exhaust configurations (have they settled?)? New bargeboards/turning vanes/tea tray? Further refined sidepods/airbox? Slimmed down rear? New RWEP?

#1783 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,635 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 13:19

Last year during qualification for the Spanish GP, Nico Rosberg recorded his fastest in Q2 of 1:22.882 verses Hamilton's 1:21.707, so a difference of around 1.1 seconds. This is a very basic analysis because things change from circuit to circuit and certain climactic conditions may favour one car over another, however if the difference between the W04 and the top team/s is 1 second at the final test, then not much has changed.

#1784 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 13:29

As said we don't know what these testing times mean. I believe even the team does not know where they stand in relation to others. I was not expecting them to challenge this year but as the testing got underway the car didn't look too shabby Jerez. at barcelona it even looked a bit promising and I became cautiously optimistic. LH has now come out to say Mercedes won't challenge for the title. whilst this was not the expectation (although I secretly harboured the thought like any other fan would), it does seem to cause further confusion. His take on it seems slightly different from what Rosberg is feeding out.

I know some have said that Rosberg and Hamilton are looking at things from different perspectives( one from the perspective of a very good car -MP-27 and the other comparing with W03) so this might skewer things. The only thing that I don't understand though is the 1:23:2 Hamilton set on the mediums in less than perfect rainy conditions on an 18 Lap run. I think this is even more impressive that the run of 1.23.7 on the hard tyres Which Ted Kravitz said made everyone take notice) meaning its not only those on this forum that are surprised. I know the temps, track conditions, characteristics of tyre compounds and DRS/non-DRS all play an effect but it does look like the time is quite good.

I will be the first to admit that I don't know how to compute these things in the slightest and just go with the base knowledge of .5sec differential between compounds and .04sec per lap for every 10kg of fuel. Am sure these things are not as basic as that but am not going to give myself a tumour trying to work out the nitty gritty.

We have heard Button make not too positive statements about the McLaren, personally I think Alonso's assessment of the Ferrari was a little less than enthusiastic and even Vettel and Horner have been yapping about how much work they have to do as they are 3 months behind. Maybe its the new trend to get the driver to bash the car...who knows am just saying.

if the mercedes can get into Q3 I will be ecstatic and if LH or Rosberg can qualify within the top 5, I will think this is progress. but based on the times above and if we think they are representative or not and coupled with what LH has said about the car still behind the top 3 or rather top 4, then I must say we have some seriously fast cars out there, cos compared to last years testing times at this same location at about the same time, with roughly the same sort of weather conditions these times do seem so much faster.

We will have to wait till Aus to know where the cars stand, as am so confused its beyond me.

Edited by BernieEc, 23 February 2013 - 13:32.

#1785 Masenco

Masenco

• 819 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 13:32

As said we don't know what these testing times mean. I believe even the team does not know where they stand in relation to others. I was not expecting them to challenge this year but as the testing got underway the car didn't look too shabby Jerez. at barcelona it even looked a bit promising and I became cautiously optimistic. LH has now come out to say Mercedes won't challenge for the title. whilst this was not the expectation (although I secretly harboured the thought like any other fan would), it does seem to cause further confusion. His take on it seems slightly different from what Rosberg is feeding out.

I know some have said that Rosberg and Hamilton are looking at things from different perspectives( one from the perspective of a very good car -MP-27 and the other comparing with W03) so this might skewer things. The only thing that I don't understand though is the 1:23:2 Hamilton set on the mediums in less than perfect conditions on an 18 Lap run. I think this is even more impressive that the run of 1.23.7 on the hard tyres Which Ted Kravitz said made everyone take notice) meaning its not only those on this forum that are surprised. I know the temps, track conditions, characteristics of tyre compounds and DRS/non-DRS all play an effect but it does look like the time is quite good.

I will be the first to admit that I don't know how to compute these things in the slightest and just go with the base knowledge of .5sec differential between compounds and .04sec per lap for every 10kg of fuel. Am sure these things are not as basic as that but am not going to give myself a tumour trying to work out the nitty gritty.

We have heard Button make not too positive statements about the McLaren, personally I think Alonso's assessment of the Ferrari was a little less than enthusiastic and even Vettel and Horner have been yapping about how much work they have to do as they are 3 months behind. Maybe its the new trend to get the driver to bash the car...who knows am just saying.

if the mercedes can get into Q3 I will be ecstatic and if LH or Rosberg can qualify within the top 5, I will think this is progress. but based on the times above and if we think they are representative or not and coupled with what LH has said about the car still behind the top 3 or rather top 4, then I must say we have some seriously fast cars out there, cos compared to last years testing times at this same location at about the same time, with roughly the same sort of weather conditions these times do seem so much faster.

We will have to wait till Aus to know where the cars stand, as am so confused its beyond me.

+1

#1786 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,694 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 13:39

Do we know what Mercedes plan to bring to the last test? New exhaust configurations (have they settled?)? New bargeboards/turning vanes/tea tray? Further refined sidepods/airbox? Slimmed down rear? New RWEP?

No. we don't have the faintest idea. They were not settled thus far, judging by the different configs they ran. That should have helped them to make up their mind though, since that was the main reason to do it, as Brawn has said. So what I personally expect is the final exhaust(whatever that is) config to be ran from day 1 next week. They also said that the Melbourne spec will be ran from Saturday, for the final two days. There are no details of that obviously. I assume there will be some changes at the rear, possibly refined details on the sidepods and maybe a development FW. But that's just my imagination.

#1787 Con1

Con1

• 245 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 13:41

I know some have said that Rosberg and Hamilton are looking at things from different perspectives( one from the perspective of a very good car -MP-27 and the other comparing with W03) so this might skewer things. The only thing that I don't understand though is the 1:23:2 Hamilton set on the mediums in less than perfect rainy conditions on an 18 Lap run. I think this is even more impressive that the run of 1.23.7 on the hard tyres Which Ted Kravitz said made everyone take notice) meaning its not only those on this forum that are surprised. I know the temps, track conditions, characteristics of tyre compounds and DRS/non-DRS all play an effect but it does look like the time is quite good.

I agree with the confusion.

I don't agree re Q3. If a team like Merc with the drivers that they have aren't in Q3 it will be a long, hard fruitless season. So I want and frankly expect to see them in there. If then then qualify 9th & 10th then so be it. But they need to be in there.

Edited by Con1, 23 February 2013 - 13:41.

#1788 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 13:48

I doubt there will be some sort of average consistent performance: 0.6 down, make it to Q3, etc.

I think we'll once again see some pretty drastic swings in performance from Merc, with a few races going really well, while in others they are fighting to stick it into Q3. A little like last year.

The key will be to maximize the occasions when the car is matched to the track and conditions.

#1789 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 13:51

I agree with the confusion.

I don't agree re Q3. If a team like Merc with the drivers that they have aren't in Q3 it will be a long, hard fruitless season. So I want and frankly expect to see them in there. If then then qualify 9th & 10th then so be it. But they need to be in there.

okay I agree. Maybe that get into Q3 expectation was set a tad too low

#1790 Lokt

Lokt

• 460 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 13:53

I think if one of the Mercedes can put the car on third row in aus then that would be a great result.

#1791 kedia990

kedia990

• 346 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 14:15

okay I agree. Maybe that get into Q3 expectation was set a tad too low

It was low. Merc has been completely revamped for this season, a lot of resources and experience has been put into the car etc. etc. - its not just been about putting all their eggs into one basket, they've actually stolen other people's eggs and thrown it in there as well. They absolutely HAVE to get to Q3, and maintain or better their position on raceday. Mercedes has TOO much resources to be doing any whining now.

#1792 Lokt

Lokt

• 460 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 14:22

This answer from Rosberg in the interview from F1.com I think is positive and the reason why they lost so much on race day last year.

Q: Can you identify which areas of the car have contributed to those ‘massive’ changes?

NR: Take the rear. We had massive problems with tyre heating and losing grip and all that. That seems to be history now. And that is really a massive change.

Edited by Lokt, 23 February 2013 - 14:22.

#1793 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 14:24

here's a link to that interview
http://www.formula1....13/2/14284.html

#1794 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 14:44

tyre heating hmm. THey should have problems with heating during Barcelona / Jerez I believe. if they hit here a temperature without a problems wouldn't it mean that in countries like Bahrain they will overheat as f***? it was similar last year, they were good during winter tests and no problem with overheating and then badum tss tyre eater is back

so how they can know already that there are no problems with that?

Edited by Shiroo, 23 February 2013 - 14:44.

#1795 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,358 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 14:53

I have no doubt that if Mercedes is in the same position that Lotus was last year, Lewis will also be able to keep in touch with the leaders until very late.

It would make a great season!! Imagine RB, Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus and Mercedes all close in pace. That´s be something!! Even if RB, Ferrari and McLaren still hold a bit of advantage like last year it would still be a hell of a fight if Lotus and Mercedes are not too far back.

I think we´re up for something huge in 2013. Sometimes we want superstars facing each other in the same team, but in my mind a superstar in every top team is just dream ticket. :up: Let´s hope all of the big teams end up producing similar cars...

#1796 BernieEc

BernieEc

• 2,131 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 15:01

tyre heating hmm. THey should have problems with heating during Barcelona / Jerez I believe. if they hit here a temperature without a problems wouldn't it mean that in countries like Bahrain they will overheat as f***? it was similar last year, they were good during winter tests and no problem with overheating and then badum tss tyre eater is back

so how they can know already that there are no problems with that?

Maybe they were already overcooking the tyres at last years test and you just didnt know. Everyone complained about tyres last year. Could be the mercs overcooking issues were drowned in the never ending issues with pirreligate

#1797 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 15:03

Maybe they were already overcooking the tyres at last years test and you just didnt know. Everyone complained about tyres last year. Could be the mercs overcooking issues were drowned in the never ending issues with pirreligate

if they really were overheating the tyres already in winter tests then just simply WOW. W03 the Oven. though they couldn't solve it in the end, so probably it was a flaw since W02

Edited by Shiroo, 23 February 2013 - 15:04.

#1798 Lokt

Lokt

• 460 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 15:05

if they really were overheating the tyres already in winter tests then just simply WOW. W03 the Oven. though they couldn't solve it in the end, so probably it was a flaw since W02

And according to Rosberg they´ve fixed it with the W04.

#1799 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,802 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 15:07

I am not a fan of Lewis, but I like his approach and what he said yesterday, there is no room for such an improvement Mercedes needs to close the gap or to be in front of the others at this moment. In a realistic evaluation Mercedes should aim for a position in front of Lotus, that would be great and I think even Lewis would be happy, especially if he wins at least one race this year.But some fans here have to high expectations, and will be disappointed if Mercedes turns out to be slow as the last years. Lewis, like Schumacher , is right to stay hungry and unsatisfied with this situation, not like Rosberg who pies in his pants after one fast lap to find out coming to the first race Mercedes is too slow. I hope Lewis catches one win, perhaps of the randomness of Pirelli in the first races, would be great, for himself to stay motivated and focus for more at 2014. In the end is was not a bad move, everybody knows 2014 will be a game changer

Advertisement

#1800 inca_roads

inca_roads

• 1,431 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 15:08

Quite. Plus, Lewis and Nico are a fair way better in qualifiyng than a few drivers in the expected top 4 cars. This will count, especially if things are tight.

Edited by inca_roads, 23 February 2013 - 15:09.