Photo

Colin Armes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RC162

RC162

• 332 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 16:09

Have just had the news that Colin Armes past under the chequered flag on Thursday the 20th of December 2012. Both he and Marie were the backbone of the Snetterton Combine National meetings. I for one got on well with Colin and he would always get me in somehow if I wanted a ride. One of the things I remember about him was that he had every copy of MCN ever issued in his loft but for how long he kept this up I don't know. R.I.P. Colin and thank you.

Advertisement

#2 tonyed

tonyed

• 981 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 17:19

RIP Colin.

Many happy memories of the Snetterton Combine meetings, some of the best.

#3 llmaurice

llmaurice

• 431 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:47

RIP Colin.

Many happy memories of the Snetterton Combine meetings, some of the best.

I agree entirely .
Nearly everyone in the day had a tale to tell of a bollocking of some sort they had from Colin but also they remembered the fairness with which he dealt with problems during the weekend .
We must also remember that that a number of the Combines races were in every way equal to the current BSB and in fact surpassed them with the strength of the foreign contingent of International racers that would come over to run with the Combine ,particularly Race of Aces etc.
Many folks today won't know of him but in his own way he was a legend in his flannel trousers and blazer .
Our sympathies must also go out to his wife who was beside him all the way .

#4 cregnybaa

cregnybaa

• 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 15:28

Have just had the news that Colin Armes past under the chequered flag on Thursday the 20th of December 2012. Both he and Marie were the backbone of the Snetterton Combine National meetings. I for one got on well with Colin and he would always get me in somehow if I wanted a ride. One of the things I remember about him was that he had every copy of MCN ever issued in his loft but for how long he kept this up I don't know. R.I.P. Colin and thank you.

I do remember Colin R.I.P. but also at this time remember Marie such a nice lady who always remembered your first name, wish you all the best Marie at this sad time.

geoff martin

#5 RC162

RC162

• 332 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:35

Just to let you know that a memorial service for Colin Armes will be held at the Snetterton Circuit on January the 22nd 2013 at 11.30am. The funeral will be a private family affair but Marie wishes it to be known that anyone who would like to attend the memorial service will be welcome.