• Please log in to reply
692 replies to this topic

#201 cravenciak

cravenciak

• 223 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 15:24

http://www.auto-moto...tt-6539967.html

Just the title.

Edited by cravenciak, 25 January 2013 - 15:26.

Advertisement

#202 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,450 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 15:30

Not exactly 0.5-1 sec faster. And it's the first non-twitter report.

#203 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,851 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 15:34

Just the title.

Thanks a lot, finally something more than twitter! Great news actually, and the fact, that (google) When looking at the stopwatch observers rubbed their eyes in disbelief made me smile, exactly what I thought:)

#204 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 759 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 16:06

I love the german expression "Robert Kubica ist ein Vollgasjunkie" ;)

#205 bkfman

bkfman

• 172 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 17:35

Would you care to translate it to English?

#206 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,851 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 17:37

google translate is doing just fine when it comes to german I think, try it;)

Edited by MadYarpen, 25 January 2013 - 17:37.

#207 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,025 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 17:38

Would you care to translate it to English?

Add googles translation tab to your tool bar, very handy, especially when the german media are coming out with so many rumours!!

Here - http://translate.goo...anslate_buttons

#208 wolviex

wolviex

• 318 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 17:52

As I wrote before!

YOU CAN'T PAY ATTENTION TO TIMES! These are tests. So RK could have been faster then anyone else in the universe during this test - WHY? Because he was aiming for speed and aerodynamic feeling, while Pfaffet could test - I don't know - full tank car for his and teams purposes or anything else.

We don't know.

It is irrelevant.

Important is - he adapted to the car very quickly, was fine in terms of condition and feeling. Nothing else matters!

And without proper information and full times table this discussion is pointless.

#209 Gemini

Gemini

• 3,374 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 17:54

I'm quite happy that he is positive about progress of his rehabilitation and his prospects, but man, that hand doesn't looks good at all. Heartbreaking.

http://youtu.be/ttt9GWaC2OU?t=3m19s

This is quite depressing to see how his arm/hand looks on this video. And having watched other videso it looks like he is still a bit limping on right leg.

Seeings above it seems amazing to read that he was indeed on pace with DTM car

#210 Grosjean

Grosjean

• 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 19:06

Glock+ Kubica another reason to watch the beautiful cars of DTM racing

#211 tjkoyen

tjkoyen

• 103 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 19:12

This is quite depressing to see how his arm/hand looks on this video. And having watched other videso it looks like he is still a bit limping on right leg.

Indeed, he looks like a battered man. Reminds me of Darth Vader, they've rebuilt him after his accident and he comes back (in an all black suit) and is immediately deadly  ;)

Looks like he's having quite a bit of fun though. He's packed on a little weight which would be a problem for F1. He struggled being so tall at losing weight when he was racing. But that hand looks completely useless, yet he still managed to go quite well. Incredible stuff.

Hope we see him back someday. He's one of the best drivers of the past decade.

#212 bkfman

bkfman

• 172 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 22:06

Add googles translation tab to your tool bar, very handy, especially when the german media are coming out with so many rumours!!

Here - http://translate.goo...anslate_buttons

Thanks for advice but I was thinking about this specific word "vollgasjunkie" expecting it to be difficult to translate using website software. BTW I'm using google translator regularly :) though I'm aware of it's limitations.

#213 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 23:57

Thanks for advice but I was thinking about this specific word "vollgasjunkie" expecting it to be difficult to translate using website software. BTW I'm using google translator regularly :) though I'm aware of it's limitations.

"vollgasjunkie" - literally - "full throttle addicted/junkie"

In German there are many single (joined) words, that can only be translated to full sentences :)

Edited by alecc, 25 January 2013 - 23:57.

#214 bkfman

bkfman

• 172 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 19:24

"vollgasjunkie" - literally - "full throttle addicted/junkie"

In German there are many single (joined) words, that can only be translated to full sentences :)

Thanks again, but I get this much from google translator, the problem is, I don't think "junkie" here means "a person who uses bad drugs" :confused:

#215 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,450 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 19:42

Junkie is often used about a person who are "using" something to "get a kick". For Kubica it's motorsport.

#216 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,275 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 19:54

That doesnt look good at all, sure i really admire his will to come back and that's the only way he can ever return, but i don't think we will ever see him race fulltime again in formula one. Im sure he would be up for it mentally but physically i can't see him getting back to that level.

Still im sure he will end up racing somewhere and that's already a big archievement.

#217 InfectedPumpkin

InfectedPumpkin

• 532 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:24

http://www.youtube.c...p;v=rGNGPros_Hk
Watch from 48 sec.
That hand looks awful. I wonder how he managed to be so fast? He uses one hand or what?

#218 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,851 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:43

I would bet that once he is able to grab something like a steering wheel, it is more or less ok.

#219 prda

prda

• 35 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:48

Watch from 48 sec.
That hand looks awful. I wonder how he managed to be so fast? He uses one hand or what?

I really cant see him driving an F1 car ever again. I highly doubt his hand will get much better than that. he almost lost it so what can you expect. A sad loss to the sport.

Advertisement

#220 InfectedPumpkin

InfectedPumpkin

• 532 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:33

I really cant see him driving an F1 car ever again. I highly doubt his hand will get much better than that. he almost lost it so what can you expect. A sad loss to the sport.

I couldn't see him in DTM also, where steering wheels are similar shaped, but he did it and was among the fastest there.

#221 Lord_Shaitan

Lord_Shaitan

• 835 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:47

Watch from 48 sec.

He said some time ago, he's able to drive using his right arm only (on straights and easy corners I believe). His hand is able to grab things and has good strength but the real issue that prevent him from testing single seaters is the problem with arm rotation.

Edited by Lord_Shaitan, 27 January 2013 - 09:49.

#222 zawisza

zawisza

• 561 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:20

He said some time ago, he's able to drive using his right arm only (on straights and easy corners I believe). His hand is able to grab things and has good strength but the real issue that prevent him from testing single seaters is the problem with arm rotation.

On straights and easy corners everybody is able to drive this way and I don't remember he said something like this.

#223 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 3,529 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:21

I don't want to be rude or anything, but firstly when i heard about Robert I imagined something like that

Posted Image

And now... Well he still has hand, but his arm mobility is WAYYY below the guy that I posted. His arm looks horrible. It does look like, he can't move it at all in normal way. Somehow hard to see him in F1 with such arm mobility

Edited by Shiroo, 27 January 2013 - 11:22.

#224 zawisza

zawisza

• 561 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:23

Watch from 48 sec.

:rolleyes:

#225 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,025 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:39

Watch from 48 sec.

:well:

It doesn't look great, i wonder just how much it is affecting his ability to drive to his maximum, surely it must be a hinderance.

#226 sixtenths

sixtenths

• 10 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:43

I don't want to be rude or anything, but firstly when i heard about Robert I imagined something like that

Posted Image

And now... Well he still has hand, but his arm mobility is WAYYY below the guy that I posted. His arm looks horrible. It does look like, he can't move it at all in normal way. Somehow hard to see him in F1 with such arm mobility

And yet he still drives competativly in a rally and DTM car. I am interested to find out from all the armchair doctors whether or not they expected him to be able to drive the machinery he's driven so far to the level he has? Because from where I'm sitting none the comments referring to how awful his arm add up to results I'm seeing on track? Hmm?

Rotation in his arm is the point of interest, not how it looks.

Edited by sixtenths, 27 January 2013 - 11:51.

#227 Lord_Shaitan

Lord_Shaitan

• 835 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:47

On straights and easy corners everybody is able to drive this way and I don't remember he said something like this.

"Straights and easy corners" are only my guess. And yes, everybody is able to drive this way, but everybody with healthy and fit arm and in the road car.

#228 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,851 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:57

Do you remember videos from rallies? He was holding his phone with this hand. This means his thumb is more or less OK - that's what matters most when holding a steering wheel, and pushing buttons on it. Outside of the car it may look worse than inside I think.

Edited by MadYarpen, 27 January 2013 - 11:57.

#229 MaGiK

MaGiK

• 198 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:40

I couldn't see him in DTM also, where steering wheels are similar shaped, but he did it and was among the fastest there.

Exactly....how many you wouldnt believe Robert cant drive Rally and DTM cars competativly if we didnt see it?
Its not like there is less work behind the wheel on WRC car...DTM car has wheel similar shaped to F1 and somehoiw he menaged to drive those cars very fast.
So for sure he can grab wheel and have enough strenght to steer. Its just that those cars are giving him enough room to lift his arm while turning and single seaters dont.
If the situation will change and he can twist his hand more, im sure he will be able to drive F1 car...

#230 zawisza

zawisza

• 561 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 15:15

"Straights and easy corners" are only my guess. And yes, everybody is able to drive this way, but everybody with healthy and fit arm and in the road car.

I didn't get the point - now I see you referred to his F-duct adventures . :) I guess you have the same opinion as me that he must use both hands driving a race car or a rally car ?

Edited by zawisza, 27 January 2013 - 15:48.

#231 thuGG

thuGG

• 1,502 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 14:18

@SkySportF1HD
Robert #Kubica dichiara di sentirsi pronto per un rientro in #Formula1 . Potrebbe occupare uno dei sedili liberi? Ditelo con #SkySportF1HD

#232 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 2,335 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 14:31

@SkySportF1HD
Robert #Kubica dichiara di sentirsi pronto per un rientro in #Formula1 . Potrebbe occupare uno dei sedili liberi? Ditelo con #SkySportF1HD

If Google Translate is correct about what it says...

"Robert # Kubica declares himself ready for a return to Formula 1 #. It may take one of the free seats? Say it with # SkySportF1HD"

...then no way in hell. Robert himself said just a few days ago that a comeback is still some time away.

#233 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,450 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 14:37

And, as many many have told before. This is an English forum. If you are going to post non-english text, please provide a translate yourself...

#234 thuGG

thuGG

• 1,502 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 14:39

Sorry, I won't do it again.

#235 bkfman

bkfman

• 172 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 15:03

@SkySportF1HD

If it was an attempt at humor I really missed one :confused:

#236 InfectedPumpkin

InfectedPumpkin

• 532 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 16:37

If Google Translate is correct about what it says...

"Robert # Kubica declares himself ready for a return to Formula 1 #. It may take one of the free seats? Say it with # SkySportF1HD"

...then no way in hell. Robert himself said just a few days ago that a comeback is still some time away.

Perhaps some misunderstanding as always ;)

#237 string158

string158

• 185 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 18:09

Seems like a dodgy fake news account. I think if there was any truth to it we would see a few more sources...

#238 MaGiK

MaGiK

• 198 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 18:55

Ofc its not true. Its either misquote as Infected sugested (perhaps Rob said about being ready to return,to racing in general).
Or its just bad trolling.

#239 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,851 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:26

2 years guys, it has been two years already... Fingers crossed for RK!

Advertisement

#240 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 2,335 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:32

Gosh, so it has. Time has really flown. It always makes me sad to think of what Robert could have achieved by now, but he's achieving great things already, and I have no doubt he will continue to make great progress. His overcoming this hurdle has only made me admire him more.

#241 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,851 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 18:42

absolutely!
Didn't mean to be overly dramatic, I just realised it today.

#242 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 2,335 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 19:43

absolutely!
Didn't mean to be overly dramatic, I just realised it today.

No worries, I didn't take it that way ;)

#243 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 00:36

2 years guys, it has been two years already... Fingers crossed for RK!

2 years since this freak accident, 7 years since I started following F1, the time is going. If I remember my private reaction 2 years ago, the first thing that makes mi wondering, is that I exactly remember that day when I firstly saw the news on tv with this terrible accident.
There are a few events in my live, which aren't directly related to my life, but nonetheless which not only I remember, but I remember exactly the days when that happened.
Maybe it sounds ridicolous, but the only other two event of that kind, which makes me remember the whole day when they tooken place, is WTC and the Smolensk plane crash.
And this is because it wasn't an accident of "someone famous" or "some famous countryman from Poland", it wasn't even because "one of the best F1 drivers" had an accident, because at that time I wasn't so sure about this. This is because, an accident had an sportsman, which "invited" me to the world of F1, which made F1 a great passion for me.
Heck after a few days after the accident, one of my personal worries were "Will I still feel the passion to follow F1 and motorsports, without the guy in the middle of the circus?". And it was great to notice, that after the 2011 season started, it was still there, the need to follow the F1 world. To be awake at 4:00 AM for the Austrialian GP, or 7:00 AM for Suzuka. To start the free-internet-time with this BB and some other F1 sites.
And it was still here, because thanks to starting watching how my fellow countryman is doing in F1, the show and the sport overall became a small part of my personal, hobby-related life.
Additional to this, thanks to all that controversies and circumstances, like "Is BMW fast, or a dog?" or the famous "Robert vs. Nick" and so on, I got really deep into it, so deep, that altough Robert isn't anymore in F1, and nobody knows if he ever will be again, F1 and motorsports overall are still a part os my personal, hobby-related life.

Sorry for bad English, and maybe a little boring story, but it's late, and MadYarpen remembered me of the fact, that it was 2 years ago, and 7 years since I started foloow F1, so I got a "little" nostalgic :)

:wave:

#244 skid solo

skid solo

• 2,041 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 18:24

I dont know if this has been posted before

Real life simulation of Roberts Rally accident
http://www.autoblog....koda/#continued

#245 DrProzac

DrProzac

• 1,833 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 18:15

It's been, but I don't mind.

I wonder when will we know something more about Robert's plans.

BTW Apparently he has been invited to start in some small rally.

#246 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 21:45

It's been, but I don't mind.

I wonder when will we know something more about Robert's plans.

BTW Apparently he has been invited to start in some small rally.

last month we heard that at the end of the month we will know more, and the month before, and so on. I'm not grumbling, just saying that still nobody knows.

#247 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,450 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 21:57

Autosport wrote in the last issue that both Kubica and Loeb was rumoured to drive one ERC (EuropeanRallcrossChampionship) round this year with the new wildcard-system :)

#248 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,533 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 00:10

It has been awfully quite on the RK front lately.....

#249 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 00:22

Kubica should go to WTCC.

It would be just awesome to see Kubica vs Loeb :love:

#250 Burtros

Burtros

• 845 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 18:11

Ed Straws article online at the moment makes intertesting reading and ends on a point about Kubica.

Its very true. While I have been feeling bad for Kobayashi, Glock and Kovalinen, Ive forgotten about Kubica. Kubica is more talented than any of those guys but I was a neutral in terms of support which is maybe why. It was clear his talent was immense though so its a shame news on his progress has always been so patchy.... I look forward to some form of racing return one day, however he manages to do it.