Photo

1966 Sebring Penske #10 Corvette Grand Sport photos

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ianrand

ianrand

• 34 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 23:45

I'm hoping a TNF member can help with providing closeup photos of the #10 Penske Corvette Grand Sport @ 1966 Sebring. I'm specifically looking for unpublished photos of #10's engine compartment and rear compartment. I have all the Corvette Grand Sport & Chevy racing books, but I'm hoping someone on the forum was @ '66 Sebring and took their own “up close” photos. I'm willing to pay $100 - $200 a piece for such photos. Thank you for your help! ianrand@bellsouth.net

Advertisement

#2 Michael Oliver

Michael Oliver

• 1,070 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 17:41

I'm hoping a TNF member can help with providing closeup photos of the #10 Penske Corvette Grand Sport @ 1966 Sebring. I'm specifically looking for unpublished photos of #10's engine compartment and rear compartment. I have all the Corvette Grand Sport & Chevy racing books, but I'm hoping someone on the forum was @ '66 Sebring and took their own “up close” photos. I'm willing to pay $100 - $200 a piece for such photos. Thank you for your help! ianrand@bellsouth.net

Try Louis Galanos, he posts photos on Flickr under the name Nigel Smuckatelli. Certainly some Grand Sport photos there, although with a quick scan I couldn't seen any 66 Sebring shots.

#3 ianrand

ianrand

• 34 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:18

Try Louis Galanos, he posts photos on Flickr under the name Nigel Smuckatelli. Certainly some Grand Sport photos there, although with a quick scan I couldn't seen any 66 Sebring shots.

Michael: Thanks for the tip. Yes, Mr. Galanos has some great period photos! Unfortunately, not any showing the #10 Sebring engine bay or rear compartment. Looking for details that only "up close" photos will have: for example, the "air jack system" that this car used, the modifications to the bottom edge of the tail light panel, etc. Thanks again.

#4 Supersox

Supersox

• 105 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 23:02

Michael: Thanks for the tip. Yes, Mr. Galanos has some great period photos! Unfortunately, not any showing the #10 Sebring engine bay or rear compartment. Looking for details that only "up close" photos will have: for example, the "air jack system" that this car used, the modifications to the bottom edge of the tail light panel, etc. Thanks again.

I suppose we should do all we can to help the replica builders.

#5 ianrand

ianrand

• 34 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 23:34

I suppose we should do all we can to help the replica builders.

Supersox:

No need for the cynicism - the requested info is for the real deal, not a replica (not that there's anything improper about replicas). :up: