#1 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,129 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 19:34

I'm planning on attending my first F1 race. My options are:

Monaco,
Silverstone
Hungaroring

What are the sideshows? Which one would you go to and why? I'm looking to buy quality grand stand tickets also. I guess Monaco would be expensive. When to book the hotel and where to buy the tickets?

Thanks...

Advertisement

#2 f1madmatt

f1madmatt

• 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:01

I recommend Budapest. I went last season and loved it. The atmosphere at the circuit is amazing. with all the Finish fans. Budapest is a fantastic city. Great food and cheap beer ! . The grandstand tickets start at about £80, but be quick because they go quickly

#3 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,048 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 14:46

As madmatt said..Hungaro is good for GA too
Too bad they did away with the "Erotic Camping" though...What a scream THAT was :lol:
Jp

#4 GodHimself

GodHimself

• 402 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 14:18

There is fantastic atmosphere at Hungaro, lots of enthusiastic fans too (Finns, Poles and so on). Budapest is a great city as well and on top of that it will be the cheapest of these 3.

So Hungaro by a long mile, then Monaco, then Mudstone.

#5 GrandPrixAdvisor

GrandPrixAdvisor

• 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 13:43

There is fantastic atmosphere at Hungaro, lots of enthusiastic fans too (Finns, Poles and so on). Budapest is a great city as well and on top of that it will be the cheapest of these 3.

So Hungaro by a long mile, then Monaco, then Mudstone.

Ditto.

Here's some info on all three:
http://grandprixadvi...ungary-budapest
http://duskyblogf1.w...aste-of-monaco/
http://grandprixadvi...ain-silverstone

#6 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 14:36

I'm picking Hockenheim 2014 just cause its easier to get to than Nürburgring (if you don't have a car) and I need anyhow more time to get enough money, getting to Budapest wouldn't be too hard, however I don't speak the language there, also I think it might be more expensive than getting to Hockenheim (being in (east) germany already)

Edited by Sin, 08 February 2013 - 14:38.

#7 kartincolin

kartincolin

• 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:16

I'm planning on attending my first F1 race. My options are:

Monaco,
Silverstone
Hungaroring

What are the sideshows? Which one would you go to and why? I'm looking to buy quality grand stand tickets also. I guess Monaco would be expensive. When to book the hotel and where to buy the tickets?

Thanks...

Pity that Monza and Spa aren`t on your list because those 2 races are truly magnificent grand prixs to attend. Out of the 3, I`d choose Monaco, but the tickets and accommodation are massively expensive, so all things considered, the Hungarian GP is the one to go for.

#8 motorhead

motorhead

• 1,563 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 19:04

I have been to Monaco and Hungaroring, both were nice. In Monaco the problem is money (at least for me). If you want to have a good seat you have to pay good money for it! I was in Monaco 2001 so I believe the things have changed a bit after that. In Monaco there more action and you could walk in the pits just after FP, quali or race becouse they open the streets for traffic. I fysically bumped with certain Lotus driver who was starting his career back then  ;) . The cars were lined up for inspection after quali so that you could go and touch those...maybe it is not possible anymore.

In 2011 I was at Hungaroring which was quite nice, travelling from Budapest to Hungaroring took more time than from Nice to Monaco. You can get quite easily to Monaco by train, but the best way in getting to Hungaroring is a taxi ( about 40-50€ from Budapest).

I had an impression that there is a lot more going on in Monaco during the race weekend, all kind of nice stuff....and back then a pint of lager was about 10€, who knows how much it is now :)

#9 f1madmatt

f1madmatt

• 17 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 16:23

I have been to Monaco and Hungaroring, both were nice. In Monaco the problem is money (at least for me). If you want to have a good seat you have to pay good money for it! I was in Monaco 2001 so I believe the things have changed a bit after that. In Monaco there more action and you could walk in the pits just after FP, quali or race becouse they open the streets for traffic. I fysically bumped with certain Lotus driver who was starting his career back then ;) . The cars were lined up for inspection after quali so that you could go and touch those...maybe it is not possible anymore.

In 2011 I was at Hungaroring which was quite nice, travelling from Budapest to Hungaroring took more time than from Nice to Monaco. You can get quite easily to Monaco by train, but the best way in getting to Hungaroring is a taxi ( about 40-50€ from Budapest).

I had an impression that there is a lot more going on in Monaco during the race weekend, all kind of nice stuff....and back then a pint of lager was about 10€, who knows how much it is now :)

I went to the Hungaroring by train, It's really easy and cheap. 30 minute train ride.The circuit is a 25 minute walk from the station, it's uphill on the way there

#10 motorhead

motorhead

• 1,563 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:56

I went to the Hungaroring by train, It's really easy and cheap. 30 minute train ride.The circuit is a 25 minute walk from the station, it's uphill on the way there

Ok, I was too lazy to find the train station :smoking:

#11 Louis Mr. F1

Louis Mr. F1

• 3,495 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 19:18

i was at Budapest in 2011 as well (man it was cold and wet that time) - it was a great race to attend though and it's a nice city to tour around.